Awesome List Updates on Mar 31, 2016
9 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Vue
Resources / Tutorials
- Vue.js VideoTutoral Series in Spanish (3-8-2016) on YouTube by Juan Andrés Núñez
2. Awesome Elixir
- ip2location (⭐17) - An Elixir library for IP2Location database.
3. Awesome Research
GTD-Task Manager / Enterprise Git Service
- Evernote (
Win Store): Not so lightweight but still very good for managing life especially since it has got a lot of integrations from a lot of other services.
Writing / Social Sciences
Hosting / Social Sciences
- Surge: One command upload your static website to make it live. Surge also integrates GitHub hooks.
Static Site Generator / Social Sciences
- Jekyll (Written in
Markdown): Jekyll is the most widely used one. The best part about Jekyll is that one just deploy to GitHub Pages by pushing the source to GitHub.
- Octopress (Written in
Markdown): Octopress is easier to use compared with Jekyll while being somewhat compatible with Jekyll.
- Hexo (Written in
Markdown): "A fast, simple & powerful blog framework" as they say on their website. It supports GFM.
- Nikola (Written in
PHP, etc): It takes in multiple input formats including reStructuredText and many others.
- Hugo(Written in
Markdown): Easy to use and really fast. It also supports more input formats through plugins.
Editors / Markdown
- CMD markdown(
Cloud): CMD is a Markdown editor with math (MathJax) support. What is special is that it keeps edit history. (Chinese UI.)
Cloud): Penflip is designed to be a GitHub for writers. It is Markdown-based and git like without math support.
- Pandoc Markdown(
Cloud): Just another Markdown editor with math (MathJax) support.
Chrome): Markdown editor that integrates with Evernote, generates pdf and works offline. 马克飞象(
Chrome) is the Chinese version。
- Madoko (
Cloud): LaTeX × Markdown ²
Win): Beautiful UI and in-situ live preview.
Linux): A powerful github flavored markdown editor with useful extensions. Math (mathjax) is supported.
Cloud): Just another online Markdown editor without math support.
- MarkdownPad (
Win): If you have no bad feelings about .NET, this is pretty good.
- ReText (⭐1.6k) (
Linux): ReText one of the best, even on Linux. It also supports reStructuredText input.
Editors / LaTeX
Cloud): JaxEdit doesn't provide full LaTeX support but is good enough for simple LaTeX documents and slides.
IPython Notebook / LaTeX
- More (⭐16k): For more IPython notebook on GitHub please read this enormous list.
The Power of SVG / HTML+CSS+JS
Pacifier / HTML+CSS+JS
Mac): a rather simple but useful coffee shop noise library; premium has more three more soundtracks; elegant UI; scientific research powered
- [email protected](
Web): music to boost your brain; paid services now
- Rany by simply noise: just rain.
Graph Making / HTML+CSS+JS
Win Store): Geogebra is a very cool tool to make math graphs both 2D and 3D.
- LaTeXDraw (⭐382)(
Linux): "A vector drawing editor for LaTeX."
More / HTML+CSS+JS
4. Awesome Malware Analysis
Open Source Threat Intelligence / Other Resources
- FireHOL IP Lists - Analytics for 350+ IP lists with a focus on attacks, malware and abuse. Evolution, Changes History, Country Maps, Age of IPs listed, Retention Policy, Overlaps.
5. Awesome Economics
Studying / Courses
- edX Economics - Introductory topics, few prerequisites.
- Khan Academy: Economics - Elementary topics.
Studying / Useful Materials
- Foundational Equations of Economics - These equations show principles behind "thinking like an economist". Graduate textbooks put these equiations in context.
Research / Portals
- RePEc - Web services for economic researchers: bibliography, blog aggregator, new working papers, software.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Web Services - A list of helpful services.
Research / Articles and Working Papers
- SSRN Economics - Working papers, no journal publications.
Research / Data
- FRED2 - 380,000 (macro) time series from 80 sources. Supports plugins for importing data into Excel, Stata, R, and others. Has a mobile app.
- World Bank Data - International macro time series. Has data import plugins.
- Quandl - Aggregate financial and economic data from multiple sources. Some data vendors sell their data via this service. Good integration with statistical software.
- International Open Government Dataset Search - Over 1,000,000 government datasets. When works, this service looks like this. Otherwise, you'll see a 403 error.
- Dataset Search Engine - Google-based search over 200 data sources, including those mentioned here. You can use Google search operators here.
- StackExchange Open Data - If you haven't found the data you were looking for, you can ask it here.
- Reddit /r/datasets - One more place to request datasets.
Research / Software
- LaTeX - Economists write in LaTeX because it handles mathematics and references better than Word or LibreOffice. If you write regularly, LaTeX is worth learning.
- LyX - A free and simple editor for LaTeX.
- Zotero - Bibliography management. Also install (a) Zotero browser plugin to import papers from RePEc to your library; (b) Zotero-LyX plugin to cite literature easily.
- GitHub - A repository for code and data. Publishing research here is not a common practice, but it's more convenient that alternatives (university home page, DropBox, etc.).
- IPython Notebooks - An interactive alternative to LaTeX and Word. See examples how notebooks look like in data-science-ipython-notebooks (⭐24k) and the gallery (⭐16k).
- Most common programs used by Economists - A community-managed list of common software.
- Software for Researchers: New Data and Applications - Covers software mentioned above and some more.
Research / Useful Materials
Discussions / Useful Materials
- Blogs - The most popular form of self-expression among economists. The major blog aggregators:
- Economics Blog Search - A Google-based search service for aforementioned blogs.
- StackExchange Economics - A Q&A website where you can ask and answer questions.
- Reddit - A popular news aggregator. Has many economics-related sections, for example:
Career / Undergraduate
- University rankings - May help in choosing a college.
Career / Faculty
- Econ Jobs Postings - List of academic job openings.
- Economics Job Market Rumors - List of job openings for economists. Informal.
Economics on GitHub / Economists
Economics on GitHub / Projects
- quantecon_nyu_2016 (⭐107) - Topics in Computational Economics
6. Awesome Rxjava
- rxlint - An Android lint rule for RxJava code.
7. Awesome Npm
- nrm (⭐2.4k) - Registry manager.
- ntl (⭐872) - Interactive CLI menu to list & run npm tasks.
8. Awesome PICO 8
Contents / Tools
- p8 responsive webplayer transform (⭐14) - Python script that makes your HTML export page responsive.
9. Awesome Elm
Articles / Outdated articles (Not relevant for current Elm architecture)
- Getting Started with Elm - Series of Elm education tutorials.