Awesome List Updates on Mar 12, 2017
9 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Chatops
Frameworks and libraries / Vkontakte
2. Awesome Talks
- Test-Driven Development - Write better code in less time by Evan Dorn [30:54]
- Hammock Driven Development by Rich Hickey [39:48]
3. Awesome PICO 8
Contents / Text Editors Language Support
- Atom: language-pico8
- Sublime: Sublime PICO-8 - PICO-8 plugin for the Sublime Text editor (color scheme, font, build system, code completion, snippets...).
4. Awesome Aws
Open Source Repos / Miscellaneous Repos
- Netflix/chaosmonkey 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 (⭐13k) - Resiliency tool that helps applications tolerate random instance failures.
5. Awesome Pokemon
Development Projects / Miscellaneous
- pokemongo-game-master (⭐39) - Collection of Pokémon GO Game Master versions.
6. Awesome Appium
- IMAGE RECOGNITION WITH APPIUM - USING APPIUM FOR MOBILE GAME TESTING
7. Awesome It Quotes
Quote: “Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.”
“Technology is anything that wasn’t around when you were born.”
Alan Kay (Computer Scientist, pioneering work on object-oriented programming)
Quote: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic.”
Arthur C. Clarke (Science writer, futurist and inventor)
Quote: “This is the whole point of technology. It creates an appetite for immortality on the one hand. It threatens universal extinction on the other. Technology is lust removed from nature.”
Don DeLillo (Author American novelist, playwright and essayist)
Quote: “Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”
Harold Abelson (Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, a fellow of the IEEE, and a founding director of both Creative Commons and the Free Software Foundation)
Quote: “Technology frightens me to death. It’s designed by engineers to impress other engineers. And they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers — which is why almost no technology ever works.”
John Cleese (actor, voice actor, screenwriter, producer, and comedian)
Quote: “It is easier to port a shell than a shell script.”
“Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris.”
Larry Wall is a computer programmer and author. He created the Perl programming language.
Quote: “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”
Martin Fowler (author and speaker on software development)
Quote: “If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner.”
Omar Bradley (General, US Army)
Quote: “The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers.”
Sydney Harris (Journalist for the Chicago Daily News and, later, the Chicago Sun-Times)
8. Awesome Courses
Courses / Machine Learning
- CS20si Tensorflow for Deep Learning Research Stanford University
- This course will cover the fundamentals and contemporary usage of the Tensorflow library for deep learning research. We aim to help students understand the graphical computational model of Tensorflow, explore the functions it has to offer, and learn how to build and structure models best suited for a deep learning project. Through the course, students will use Tensorflow to build models of different complexity, from simple linear/logistic regression to convolutional neural network and recurrent neural networks with LSTM to solve tasks such as word embeddings, translation, optical character recognition. Students will also learn best practices to structure a model and manage research experiments.
- Assignments (⭐10k) available on Github.
9. Awesome Qt
Software Repositories / New Functionality
- QtPods (⭐56) - Another Qt-centric package manager. If you want to see the offerings without using QtPods, the full list is available here (⭐4), and can be added to by submitting a pull request.
Software that Uses Qt / New Functionality
- Malwarebytes - Your Windows desktop's personal bodyguard.
- Telegram Desktop 🐙 (⭐20k) - Secure your conversations so well, you'll raise the blood pressure of potential eavesdroppers. The desktop client uses Qt and is open source.
- Wireshark 📦 - The most popular packet-sniffer out there. You are going to use this for good and not evil, right?