Awesome List Updates on Aug 04, 2018
10 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Mac
Reading and Writing Tools / Text Editors
- Sublime Text - Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance, Sublime Text Plugins.
- Vim - Highly configurable text editor built to make creating and changing any kind of text very efficient, Vim Plugins.
Developer Tools / IDEs
- Android Studio - The official IDE for Android, based on Intellij IDEA.
- Xamarin Studio - Free cross platform C# IDE. Xamarin Studio supports iOS, Android and .Net development
Browsers / File Sharing
- Safari - Native browser for Macs.
Utilities / Productivity
- Alfred - Award-winning app which boosts efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and more. Search your Mac and the web, and be more productive with custom actions to control your Mac.
2. Awesome Funny Markov
Web and Tech
- 4chan Text Generator (⭐28) - With sample inputs for /biz/ /pol/ /b/ /fit/ (NSFW).
3. Awesome Appium
- Appium-Native-Crawler (⭐48) - Appium Native Crawler CLI - Features include: Screenshots, Performance, Accessibility Detection, Google Translate, Applitools, Monkey Tester.
4. Awesome Mobile Web Development
Articles and Documentation
- 300ms Tap Delay, Gone Away - How to prevent 300 ms delay on tap.
- 60 FPS on Mobile Web - How to make a really fast mobile website (by Flipboard).
- Animating the Mobile Web - A case study on achieving fast animations on mobile web (by Yelp).
- Autofill: What web devs should know, but don’t - Everything you need to know about forms autofill.
- Designing Websites for iPhone X - How to deal with "the notch" on iPhone X.
- Developing Mobile Web Applications: When, Why, and How - The good high-level overview of mobile web development.
- Guidelines For Mobile Web Development - The compilation of good articles about mobile web development.
- How To Poison The Mobile User - An overview of negative practices on mobile sites.
- Learn AMP by Example - A hands-on introduction to Accelerated Mobile Pages focusing on code and live samples.
- Mobile Search UX 8 Obstacles - Series of articles about mobile search UX.
- Mobile Web Best Practices - A little bit out of date but still useful list of best practices for mobile websites from W3C.
- Mobile Web Application Best Practices - The list of best practices for mobile web applications from W3C.
- Mobile Web Development - Guideline (must read) from Mozilla about designing mobile websites.
- Mobile Web Performance Checklist - Best practices for optimizing mobile web apps.
- Observing Intersection Observers - An introduction to intersection observers.
- Prevent Mobile Browser From Sleeping - How to prevent your phone from sleeping.
- Touch Devices Should Not Be Judged By Their Size - Overview of interaction media features.
- Web Fundamentals - Guideline from Google about creating good mobile web experiences.
- Brain Food Mobile Performance - Free small ebook on mobile performance from Awwwards.
- Going Offline - Guide on building offline experience with service workers.
- High-Performance Mobile Web: Best Practices for Optimizing Mobile Web Apps - Book about the performance of the web on mobile devices.
- Responsive Web Design - Book about responsive web design.
Specifications from W3C for Enhancing Mobile Web Experience
- Battery API - On access to information about the battery.
- Connection API - On access to information about connection.
- Generic Sensor API - The spec for exposing sensor data.
- Geolocation API - On access to geolocation.
- HTML Media Capture - On user access to camera or microphone.
- Payment Request API - On payment method with minimal integration.
- Presentation API - On access to presentation displays.
- Remote Playback API - On controlling remote playback of media from a web page.
- Vibration API - On access to the vibration mechanism of the hosting device.
- Visual Viewport API - On access to a visual portion of a screen excluding on-screen keyboards, areas outside of a pinch-zoom area etc..
- Wake Lock Api - On access to wake lock request (prevents some aspect of a device from entering the power-saving state).
- Web Bluetooth - On an API to discover and communicate with devices over the Bluetooth 4.
- Web NFC API - On access to Near Field Communication capabilities of the device.
- Web Notifications - On an API for end-user notifications.
- Fundamentals of Mobile Web Development - Overview of the best practices for mobile web development, by Matt Gaunt.
- Future App Model: Advanced Service Worker - The glimpse on how to optimize web apps and sites using streams and service workers and other new APIs, by Jake Archibald.
- Instant Loading: Building offline-first Progressive Web Apps - Introduction to service workers, by Jake Archibald.
- Mobile Web Performance - What to do on your site to achieve the best possible mobile experience, by Estelle Weyl.
- Mobile Web Performance Auditing - How to audit performance issues on the site, by Paul Lewis.
- Lighthouse (⭐25k) - Analyzing tool for web apps and web pages.
- PageSpeed Insights - The tool that analyzes your page and gives recommendations for increasing downloading speed.
- PageSpeed - Web server modules that optimize your site automatically.
- Site Speed Checker - Compare the speed of your mobile site to others.
- Webpagetest - Website speed test from multiple locations using real browsers and at real consumer connection speeds.
- Can I Use - State of support of various web features in browsers.
- Mobile Browser Market Share - Market share between various platforms and countries.
- Standards for Web Applications on Mobile - Current state of mobile-related W3C specifications.
- What Web Can Do Today - What your browser capable of.
Other Useful Tools and Libraries
- Browsersync - Time-saving synchronised browser testing.
- Eruda (⭐13k) - Console for mobile web browsers.
- Interact.js (⭐11k) - Drag and drop, resizing and multi-touch gestures with inertia and snapping for modern browsers.
- Fastclick (⭐19k) - Removing of 300ms delay in old browsers.
- React Dates (⭐12k) - An easily internationalizable, mobile-friendly datepicker React library for the web.
- Slideout (⭐8k) - Standalone and lightweight navigation menu for your mobile web apps.
- Swiper (⭐33k) - The most modern mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions.
- Web Inspector Remote (Weinre) - Web inspector for debugging sites in non-mainstream browsers.
- Web Starter Kit (⭐18k) - A workflow for multi-device websites.
5. Engineering Blogs
Companies / D companies
Companies / S companies
- Serverless https://serverless.com/blog/
6. Awesome Dotnet Core
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Misc
- pose (⭐1.1k) - Replace any .NET method (including static and non-virtual) with a delegate
7. Awesome Eosio
DApp directories / Services
8. Awesome ad Free
Resources / Groups
- Résistance à l'Agression Publicitaire - French organization fighting the advertising system and its negative effects.
Resources / Talks
9. Awesome Android
Debugging Tools / ORM
- AppSpector - Remote Android and iOS debugging and data collection service. You can debug networking, logs, SQLite and mock device's geo location.
10. Awesome Python
- NoSQL Databases
- cassandra-driver (⭐1.3k) - The Python Driver for Apache Cassandra.
- happybase (⭐603) - A developer-friendly library for Apache HBase.
- kafka-python (⭐5.2k) - The Python client for Apache Kafka.
- py2neo - A client library and toolkit for working with Neo4j.
- pymongo (⭐3.9k) - The official Python client for MongoDB.
- redis-py (⭐12k) - The Python client for Redis.