Awesome List Updates on Oct 18, 2018
14 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Roslyn
- Learn Roslyn Now - Series of blog posts that explore the Roslyn compiler API. It introduces the power of Roslyn through small self-contained examples. A perfect tutorial to start with :-)
- C# and Visual Basic - Use Roslyn to Write a Live Code Analyzer for Your API - Older but still not outdated, very detailed MSDN article on writing code analyzers.
- C# - Adding a Code Fix to Your Roslyn Analyzer - The sequel to the previous MSDN article. A detailed introduction into code fixes.
Open Source Projects
- Code Converter (⭐616) - C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# transpiler.
- CodeAnalysis.CSharp.PatternMatching (⭐21) - Intuitive pattern matching for Roslyn syntax trees. Simplifies C# syntax and semantic analysis.
- CodeGeneration.Roslyn (⭐404) - Roslyn-based Code Generation during a build with design-time support.
- dotnet-script (⭐2.1k) - Runs C# scripts from the .NET CLI, defines NuGet packages inline and edit/debugs them in VS Code.
- MirrorSharp (⭐164) - Online C#, VB.NET, and F# code editor. Features code completion, method signature help, quick fixes, and diagnostics.
- RoslynPad - Cross-platform C# editor. Features code completion, method signature help, quick fixes, and diagnostics.
- RoslynQuoter (⭐709) - Online tool that for a given C# program generates syntax tree API calls that construct syntax tree of that program.
- scriptcs - Turns C# into a powerful scripting tool. Features C# REPL, installation of NuGet packages, and execution of scripts with a single line of code.
- Scripty (⭐618) - Tool to use Roslyn-powered C# scripts for code generation. You can think of it as a scripted alternative to T4 templates.
- Sharpen - Visual Studio extension that intelligently introduces new C# language features into your existing code base.
- Testura.Code (⭐258) - Wrapper around the Roslyn API used for generation, saving, and compiling C# code. Provides methods and helpers to generate classes, methods, statements, and expressions.
- Uno SourceGenerator (⭐124) - C# source code generator based on a project being built, using all of its syntactic and semantic model information.
Open Source Analyzers, Code Fixes, and Refactorings
- Code Cracker (⭐1.1k) - Analyzer library for C# and VB.NET. Offers diagnostics in many categories like performance, coding styles, as well as some basic refactorings.
- Roslyn Clr Heap Allocation Analyzer (⭐623) - C# heap allocation analyzer that can detect explicit and many implicit allocations like boxing, closures, implicit delegate creations, etc.
- Roslynator (⭐2.5k) - Collection of 190+ analyzers and 190+ refactorings for C#. Covers coding style, code readability and simplification, removing redundancies, fixing compiler errors, and many more.
- SonarC# (⭐573) - Static code analyzer for C# language used as an extension for the SonarQube platform.
- StyleCop Analyzers for the .NET Compiler Platform (⭐2.3k) - Port of StyleCop rules to Roslyn.
- VSDiagnostics (⭐64) - Collection of code-quality analyzers. Covers usages of async methods, flags enums, best practices in exception handling as well as many other code-quality checks.
Blog Posts and Articles
- Inside the .NET Compiler Platform – Performance Considerations during Syntax Analysis (#SpeakRoslyn) - In-depth look at Roslyn's performance with the focus on memory consumption.
- Persistence, Facades and Roslyn's Red-Green Trees - Inspiring introduction on how Roslyn team implemented immutable, reusable trees with cheap parent references and many other goodies. Quote: "But on the Roslyn team we routinely do impossible things" :-)
- ReSharper and Roslyn: Q&A - Excellent explanation why ReSharper will not use Roslyn. Includes good discussion on static code analysis and some limits of Roslyn.
- Roslyn performance (Matt Gertz) - Insight on how Roslyn team approaches the topic of evaluating and achieving performance.
- The Power of Roslyn - Great talk by Kasey Uhlenhuth at NDC Oslo 2018 covering Roslyn essentials and APIs and tools for building code analyzers and fixes.
2. Awesome Appium
Become an Appium Pro
3. Awesome Canvas
Canvas / Examples
Libraries / To draw using canvas
- p5.js - p5.js is a JS client-side library for creating graphic and interactive experiences
Resources / Websites and Tutorials
4. Awesome Speakers
Europe / Netherlands 🇳🇱
Job van Achterberg
North America / Canada 🇨🇦
North America / United States of America 🇺🇸
Topics: Data visualization, Accessibility, SVG
Topics: Accessibility, React
Topics: iOS, Swift, Software Architecture, Development Processes
5. Awesome Code Review
- An experiment to assess the cost-benefits of code inspections in large scale software development (Porter, Siy, Toman & Votta, 1997) Early paper that tested a range of then-current review techniques including multi-stage review and code-review-via-meeting that found you can get most of the benefit in an offline, single pass, with two reviewers.
- Design and Code Inspections to Reduce Errors in Program Development (Fagan, 2002) Using a more formal process, particularly with defined roles for each participant and drive a big increase in error detection during review.
- Towards Productive Technical Discussions Tactical questions and actions to push code review discussions into a more productive territory.
- Best Kept Secrets of Peer Code Review Older compilation of 10 essays on the practice of code reviews. Some repetition due to different authors covering the same territory.
Talks and Podcasts
- Goldilocks and the Three Code Reviews - Vaidehi Joshi RedDot Ruby Conf 2017 Finding just the right amount of code review by focussing on what is affecting.
- PullRequest Code review as a service for GitHub pull requests.
- Reviewable Code review tool built on top of GitHub pull requests.
6. Awesome Ember
Packages / Articles about Data
7. Awesome Transit
GTFS Analysis Tools / Ruby
- Peartree (⭐194) - A Python library for converting transit data into a directed graph for network analysis.
- transitr (⭐20) - An R package for constructing and modelling a transit network in real time to obtain vehicle ETAs
8. Awesome Talks
- We're Doing It All Wrong by Paul Phillips [50:42]
- Is TDD Dead? by Martin Fowler, Kent Beck, and David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH)
9. Awesome Emails
Frameworks / Misc
- Acorn - A responsive email framework based on a golden ratio typography grid.
10. Learn to Program
1 Million Women To Tech Summer of Code (⭐623)
Free programming course material for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
11. Awesome Vscode
Linters / More
12. Awesome Piracy
Trackers / Semi-Private Trackers
- Zamunda.net A Bulgarian tracker with English and Russian translations available.
- ArenaBG A Bulgarian tracker with an English translation available.
Torrent Clients / Public Trackers
- BitLord Another BitTorrent streaming client
Media Centre Applications / Third Party Hosts
- Serviio Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to renderer devices (e.g. a TV set, Blu-ray player, games console or mobile phone) on your connected home network.
Plex Logging and Metrics / Third Party Hosts
- Tautulli 🌟 Tautulli is a 3rd party application that you can run alongside your Plex Media Server to monitor activity and track various statistics.
Textbooks / Third Party Hosts
- All IT eBooks A big database of free, direct links for IT and programming ebooks
DC++ / Third Party Hosts
- FlylinkDC++ Windows DC++ and BitTorrent client in active development, with ADC and DHT support.
Full Movies On / Third Party Hosts
Proxy Sites / Third Party Hosts
- ByPassed ByPassed is an all-in-one solution to unblock censored websites including thepiratebay, kickass, eztv, yts, extratorrent & more.
13. Awesome Groovy
IDE and Editor Support
- Groovy Grails Tool Suite - Eclipse-based IDE optimized for developing, debugging and executing Groovy and Grails applications
Staying up to date
- Groovy Podcast - Ken Kousen and Baruch Sadogursky discuss news and insight from the Groovy ecosystem.
14. Awesome Osint
Phone Number Research / Telegram
- Phone Validator - Pretty accurate phone lookup service, particularly good against Google Voice numbers.
Other Tools / Telegram
- Photon (⭐10k) - Crawler designed for OSINT