Awesome List Updates on Dec 02, 2021
17 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Dive Into Machine Learning
Tools you'll need / If you prefer local installation
- Python. Python 3 is the best option.
- Jupyter Notebook. (Formerly known as IPython Notebook.)
- Some scientific computing packages:
Other courses / Take my tips with a grain of salt
- Data science courses as Jupyter Notebooks:
- Coursera's Data Science Specialization
Supplement: Learning Pandas well / Some communities to know about!
- Here are some docs I found especially helpful as I continued learning:
Supplement: Troubleshooting / Risks - some starting points
- Awesome Production Machine Learning (⭐12k), "a curated list of awesome open source libraries to deploy, monitor, version and scale your machine learning." It includes a section about privacy-preserving ML (⭐12k), by the way!
- "So, you want to build an ethical algorithm?" An interactive tool to prompt discussions (source) (⭐58)
More Data Science materials / Aside: Bayesian Statistics and Machine Learning
- The free book Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Methods for Hackers. Made with a "computation/understanding-first, mathematics-second point of view." Uses PyMC (⭐7.1k). It's available in print too!
- Like learning by playing? Me too. Try 19 Questions (⭐15), "a machine learning game which asks you questions and guesses an object you are thinking about," and explains which Bayesian statistics techniques it's using!
- Time Series Forecasting with Bayesian Modeling by Michael Grogan, a 5-project series - paid but the first project is free.
- Bayesian Modelling in Python (⭐2.4k). Uses PyMC (⭐7.1k) as well.
2. Urban and Regional Planning Resources
Educational and Informational Resources / Literature Resources
- Automated Decision-Making and the Law Clearinghouse Project - The aim of this clearinghouse project thus is to highlight seminal and impactful articles focused on issues of AI Decision-Making and the law.
3. Awesome Cytodata
Software / Genetic Perturbations
- Cytominer (⭐41) - Methods for image-based cell profiling in R.
- BioProfiling.jl (⭐12) - Toolkit for filtering and curation of morphological profiles in Julia.
- PyCytominer (⭐35) - Methods for image-based cell profiling in Python.
- ImJoy - A platform compiling tool for deep-learning based image analyses with a GUI.
Publications / Reviews
- Large-scale image-based screening and profiling of cellular phenotypes - Overview of image-based profiling, including its applications and challenges.
- How cells explore shape space: A quantitative statistical perspective of cellular morphogenesis - Discussion on the biology of cell shape changes based on quantitative descriptors.
- Machine learning and image-based profiling in drug discovery - Introduction to morphological profiling and discussion on what machine learning has to offer.
Publications / Applications
- Mapping the perturbome network of cellular perturbations - Image-based profiling and network analysis of drug combinations.
- Morphological profiling of human T and NK lymphocytes by high-content cell imaging - Image-based profiling of actin organization at the immunological synapse.
- A subcellular map of the human proteome - Classification of protein subcellular location from confocal microscopy images of the Human Protein Atlas.
- A multi-scale map of cell structure fusing protein images and interactions - Combining confocal imaging and mass spectrometry representations of proteins to predict physical proximity and characterize cellular organization.
- Predicting cell health phenotypes using image-based morphology profiling - Image-based profiles as predictors of apoptosis, proliferation and other cell health descriptors.
- Systematic genetics and single‐cell imaging reveal widespread morphological pleiotropy and cell‐to‐cell variability - Analysis of single-cell profiles to characterize variability, pleiotropy and incomplete penetrance.
- Large‐scale image‐based profiling of single‐cell phenotypes in arrayed CRISPR‐Cas9 gene perturbation screens - Demonstrates feasibility of imaging arrayed CRISPR screens and offers a way to characterize transfection efficacy in individual cells.
- A chemical-genetic interaction map of small molecules using high-throughput imaging in cancer cells - Profiling the morphological changes induced in 1280 compounds in 12 knockout cell lines.
- Time-resolved mapping of genetic interactions to model rewiring of signaling pathways - Changes in genetic interactions across time based on multiple morphological descriptors.
- High-Content Imaging of Unbiased Chemical Perturbations Reveals that the Phenotypic Plasticity of the Actin Cytoskeleton Is Constrained - Defining morphological clusters in a large compound screen.
- A map of directional genetic interactions in a metazoan cell - Characterizing genetic interactions by integrating 21 phenotypic descriptors.
- Evaluation of Gene Expression and Phenotypic Profiling Data as Quantitative Descriptors for Predicting Drug Targets and Mechanisms of Action - Benchmarking profiling modalities, including image-based profiles, for mechanism of action prediction.
Publications / Methods
- Learning unsupervised feature representations for single cell microscopy images with paired cell inpainting - Selfsupervised method to learn feature representations of single cells in microscopy images without labelled training data.
- A BaSiC tool for background and shading correction of optical microscopy images - Illumination-correction method accounting for space- and time-dependent biases.
- Cellpose: a generalist algorithm for cellular segmentation - Generalist deep learning model for cell and nucleus segmentation with pre-trained weights.
- Deep Learning Automates the Quantitative Analysis of Individual Cells in Live-Cell Imaging Experiments - DeepCell: collection of deep learning segmentation models.
- Improving Phenotypic Measurements in High-Content Imaging Screens - Embedding single-cell and compound profiles using transfer learning, examplified on mechanism of action prediction.
- The Multidimensional Perturbation Value - Proposing a score to define significant activity in screens.
- CytoGAN: Generative Modeling of Cell Images - Generative network displaying potential for learning latent representation of biological conditions from cell images.
- Self-supervised feature extraction from image time series in plant phenotyping using triplet networks - Direct extraction of phenotypic features from plant images.
4. Awesome Developer First
Databases & Spreadsheets
- PlanetScale - Hosted managed MySQL database, CI integration & auto scaling.
5. Awesome Connectivity Info
Global Connectivity Indexes
- ITU Measuring digital development: Contains a snapshot of the most important ICT indicators, including estimates for the current year. (2021) (2020)
6. Awesome Selfhosted
Software / Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Directus - An Instant App & API for your SQL Database. Directus wraps your new or existing SQL database with a realtime GraphQL+REST API for developers, and an intuitive admin app for non-technical users. (Source Code (⭐21k))
Software / Media Streaming - Video Streaming
- OvenMediaEngine - OvenMediaEngine is a selfhostable Open-Source Streaming Server with Sub-Second Latency. (Demo, Source Code (⭐1.8k))
Software / Money, Budgeting & Management
- Hub20 - A self-hosted payment processor for Ethereum and ERC20 Tokens. (Source Code)
- IHateMoney - Manage your shared expenses, easily. (Demo, Source Code (⭐855))
Software / Password Managers
- vaults (⭐27) - Password manager featuring client side AES-256 encryption, PBKDF2 hashing, vaults, password generation & more.
Software / Polls and Events
- ClearFlask - Community-feedback tool for managing incoming feedback and prioritizing a public roadmap. Alternative to Canny, UserVoice, Upvoty. (Demo, Source Code (⭐131))
Software / Software Development - Project Management
- OneDev - All-In-One DevOps Platform. With Git Management, Issue Tracking, and CI/CD. Simple yet Powerful. (Source Code)
7. Awesome Vue
Components & Libraries / UI Components
- vue3-emoji-picker (⭐58) - Simple and Powerful Emoji Picker for Vue3.
8. Awesome Flutter
Forms / Image Picker
- Form Builder (⭐1.2k) - Framework that simplifies building forms, validating fields, reacting to changes, and collecting the final user input by Danvick Miller
- Reactive Forms (⭐342) - Model-driven approach to handling Forms inputs and validations, heavily inspired in Angular's Reactive Forms.
9. Awesome Circuitpython
Contributing / Contribution Workflow Overview
- Fork this repository (⭐500) on GitHub.
- Merge adafruit or main.
10. Awesome Vite
Svelte / Integrations
- vite-plugin-svelte (⭐636) - Adds Svelte support. Official plugin of Svelte team.
11. Awesome Lowcode
- Data Fetcher for Airtable - Connect Airtable to any API using the Data Fetcher app.
12. Awesome Python Typing
Tools / Linters
- flake8-type-checking (⭐78) - Plugin to help you guard any type-annotation-only import correctly.
14. Awesome Generative Deep Art
Papers and References / Papers Collections
- VQGAN+CLIP — How does it work?. The synthetic imagery (“GAN Art”) scene… | by Alexa Steinbrück | Medium
- https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9043519: A State-of-the-Art Review on Image Synthesis With Generative Adversarial Networks
- Utilizando redes adversárias generativas (GANs) como agente de apoio à inspiração para artistas: Trabalho de Graduação de Cláudio Carvalho no Centro de Informática - UFPE
- GAN Lab: Play with Generative Adversarial Networks in Your Browser!
Miscellaneous / Improving Google Colab experience
- Quickly share ML WebApps from Google Colab using ngrok for Free | by AbdulMajedRaja RS | Towards Data Science
- Jupyter Widgets for Interactivity in Google Colab: notebook with examples of using Jupyter Widgets in Colab, allowing interactive inputs
15. Awesome Ddd
- The Art of Discovering Bounded Contexts by Nick Tune - Session from 2017 DevoxxUK on how to define bounded contexts
16. Free for Dev
- lambdatest.com — Manual, visual, screenshot and automated browser testing on selenium and cypress, free for Open Source
17. Awesome Digital History
Archives and primary sources / Global
- Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog - Book search engine for finding hundreds of millions of media in catalogs worldwide.
- Prev: Dec 03, 2021
- Next: Dec 01, 2021