Awesome List Updates on Feb 17, 2022
14 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Embedded Rust
no-std crates / WIP
- dummy-pin: Dummy implementations of the input/output pin traits.
- inverted-pin: Implementations of the input/output pin traits with inverted logic.
2. Awesome Datascience
Books / Visualization Tools
- Data Mesh in Action - Early access
3. Awesome Django
Third-Party Packages / Admin
- django-impersonate - Allow superusers to “impersonate” other non-superuser accounts.
4. Awesome Nix
Programming Languages / PHP
- composer-plugin-nixify (⭐14) - Composer plugin to help with Nix packaging.
- nix-shell (⭐84) - Nix shells for PHP development.
NixOS Modules / Scala
- base16.nix (⭐86) - Flake way to theme programs in base16 (⭐179) colorschemes, mustache template support included.
5. Awesome Zsh Plugins
Plugins / superconsole - Windows-only.
- kubecolor (trejo08) (⭐3) - Prints colorized outputs from
kubectl. Includes helper functions.
- kubectl-config-switcher (⭐0) - Switch between config files in
6. Urban and Regional Planning Resources
Planning Data Specifications / Built Environment
- CityGML - The CityGML standard defines a conceptual model and exchange format for the representation, storage and exchange of virtual 3D city models. It enables an interdisciplinary common operating platform for civic systems.
7. Awesome Audit Algorithms
Papers / 2020
- Auditing radicalization pathways on YouTube - (FAT*) Studies the reachability of radical channels from each others, using random walks on static channel recommendations.
8. Awesome Dataviz
Other tools / Misc
- Graphviz - Open source graph visualization command line tool and library. From input text to SVG,PDF,interactive web graph browser.
9. Awesome Remote Job
Companies with "remote DNA"
- HeadSpin - world’s first Digital Experience AI Platform that combines cloud-hosted and on-prem global device infrastructure, test automation, and ML-driven performance & quality of experience analytics for mobile, web, audio, and video.
- GitLab - Competitor to GitHub.
- Gitee - GitHub alternative in China.
- Gradle - Open Source Build Tool ; Enterprise SaaS and on-premise. Fully remote. Java, Groovy, Kotlin.
- GrooveHQ - Help desk software.
- Hanzo - Web archiving company. Fully Remote. Python, AWS.
- Harvest - Time tracking software.
- Hatica - Work analytics for engineering teams: Hatica equips engineering leaders and managers with actionable insights to promote effort alignment, accelerate delivery, drive team engagement, and promote team well-being.
- Heap – Web & Mobile Analytics, 2 of our 8 teammates are remote.
- Heetch – Ride Hailing service, operating in Europe and Africa. Fully Remote across Europe or similar timezones. Go, AWS.
- Help Scout - A help desk for teams that insist on a delightful customer experience.
- Honeybadger - Ruby. 100% remote.
- Hotjar - Analytics & Feedback tool.
- Hubstaff - Time tracking solution with multiple integrations.
- Igalia - Open source consultancy. HQ in Spain.
- Incsub - Remote team that builds WordPress projects.
- Inpsyde GmbH - WordPress Agency in Germany.
- Institute for Nonprofit News - Nonprofit news organization.
- Instructure - We make software that makes people smarter.
- Intellum - We build employee collaboration, performance and learning tools. Ruby, iOS, Android, AWS, GCS.
- InVision - prototyping, collaboration & workflow platform.
- Isos Technology - premier Atlassian Platinum & Enterprise Solution Partner, helping organizations solve complex development and business problems with the Atlassian tools.
- Jackson River - Digital-first technology and strategy for nonprofits.
- Jibble Group - Remote team across 15 different countries building the next world-class workforce management and payroll Software-as-a-Service.
- journy.io - Customer Data Platform.
- Judge.me - A review platform for ecommerces. Our company is fully remote across 4 continents.
- Keepsafe - Mobile-first privacy products, making privacy easy for the world to opt into.
- Khan Academy - EdTech. Non-profit focusing on K-12 STEM. Less, React, Flux, Backbone, jQuery, Python, Google App Engine, Swift, and Objective-C.
- Knack - The easy online database helping customers streamline their business processes and automate workflow. The product is DIY with no-code/low-code. The company is 100% remote.
- LaunchPotato - Startup studio based in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Librato - Cloud Monitoring.
- Linaro - OpenSource Engineering on ARM.
- Lincoln Loop - WebDev shop.
- Litmus - Optimization tools for email professionals. Offices in Boston and London, but nearly 50% of the team works remotely.
- LiveChat - online customer service software with online chat, help desk software, and web analytics
- LivingSocial - Company-wide support for teams of experienced, remote developers. Lots of autonomy.
- Logit.io - Fully remote first logging and metrics management company with 100% of operations and development based remotely
- Lullabot - Strategy, design and development using Drupal.
- madewithlove - We help companies build digital products and bring new juice to teams that seem to jam.
- Maintainer Mountaineer - Open source community management as a service.
- MailerLite - Email marketing tool with a remote-first team that's scattered all over the world. Twice a year, they go on workation to places like Bali, Panama and Miami.
- MariaDB - Open source database.
- Mapbox - Map integration tools for various platforms.
- MCFTech - Applications to help you run your business succesfully.
- MeetEdgar - Automated social sharing. US remote.
- Merico - Code deep analysis engine.
- Mixmax - Email with superpowers.
- Mobile Jazz - We are a dedicated team of highly-skilled engineers, designers and marketing experts on a mission to build a more beautiful digital world. We are a remote friendly company with headquarters in Barcelona.
- Modern Tribe - A digital agency with a modern twist. All freelancers. All experts.
- MODLR - MODLR is business modelling and collaborative planning tool for connected financial planning process
- Mosalingua - Learn words, enjoy the world.
- MVP Space - Test a business idea with your target audience or show its potential to your investors.
- Mozilla - Firefox has a 'Remote' option under it's location searchbar
- NearForm - NearForm evolves enterprises by building high-performance, open software. Our global team uses modern processes and tools to help clients innovate at speed.
- Netlandish - Software development for businesses of all sizes. Python, Django, DevOps. 100% Remote.
- Netsparker - Web Application Security Scanner.
- Next Big Sound - Analytics and Insights for the Music Industry.
- NinjaCat - Reporting, Monitoring & Call Tracking Platform for Leading Digital Agencies.
- Niteo - A decade old SaaS studio full of bright ideas, building smart solutions to empower small businesses online.
- NodeSource - NodeSource is dedicated to creating a sustainable ecosystem for Node.js.
- Nozbe - GTD app for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iPad and iPhone.
- ofri - A swiss online marketplace that connects homeowners with quality home improvement professionals.
- Olark - Chat support funnel.
- onTheGo Systems - WordPress Developer, Supporter and Marketing Jobs.
- OpenCraft - Open edX development (Free Software MOOC project).
- Parknav - Intelligent parking using AI
- Parsely - Analytics solutions
- Particular Software (NServiceBus) - Enterprise Service Bus, Messaging, C#, Open Source
- Patients Know Best - Empowering patients to manage their care, enabling professionals to share information while improving efficiencies for payers.
- Paylocity - HR and payroll solutions
- Pilot - Pilot is a software platform that removes all the pain from contract work. We find work, negotiate contracts, send invoices and chase payments for hundreds of forward-looking engineers and designers around the world.
- Pleo - Pleo is a company payment card solution that automates expense reports and simplifies company spending.
- Precision Nutrition - Online Nutrition Coaching and Certification.
- PreviousNext - Australian based Drupal agency.
- Prezly - SaaS PR platform. PHP, React, JS, Postgres. 100% remote.
- Prodperfect - Automated QA testing from live user data. Remote-first org with workplaces in Boston and San Fran.
- ProFinda - Workforce planning & optimization. 100% remote dev team. Ruby on Rails, React.js and Python. Company based in UK.
- RainforestQA - On demand QA as a service.
- Real HQ - Maker of Agent Pronto, software designed to help make home buying and selling a better experience. We've been remote since the start, now 50+ spread across the globe. Ruby, Rails, React.js, iOS/Android.
- RebelMouse - Social publishing platform. Python, JS & iOS/Android developers. All over the world team.
- Recurly - recurring billing management for subscription-based businesses
- Redox - Healthcare API platform. Proudly remote-first team.
- Relevant Bits - Relevant Bits positively influences customer experiences and outcomes with data, design, technology, and critical thinking. Based out of Ontario Canada, Relevant Bits is 100% remote.
- RenoFi - 100% remote from day 1. Ruby, React.js, GraphQL, k8s.
- Revolut - App for buying, investing and sending money. HQ London.
- Riak - An open source platform and k/v database. We code in Erlang and hang out on clouds. Everyone works remote and gets together a few times a year at HQ in Seattle.
- SerpApi - Real-time API to access structured search results of Google, Youtube, eBay and other search engines. Ruby, Rails, React.js.
- ServiceNow - Enterprise cloud computing to improve service levels, energize employees, and change the way your enterprise works. Work at lightspeed.
- ShakaCode - A global web development software consultancy and product company.
- Signal - These people make the fantastic Signal app. US Only.
- Skyscrapers - Cloud hosting services & management. Working with multiple cloud providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, Linode, ...). 100% remote.
- Soshace - Angular/React/Vue.js/Java/Python remote development company
- Songspace Helps music creators collaborate, catalog, and share work with their professional team
- Sourcegraph (⭐130) - Code search and navigation for teams (self-hosted, OSS). Fully remote (across time zones).
- Splice Machine Combines the functionality of a relational database, data warehouse, and machine learning in one unified AI platform.
- Spreaker Discover and listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Stream Native Cloud-Native messaging and event streaming powered by Apache Pulsar
- Stripe Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet
- StyleSeat - we love high-impact remote engineers, collaboration, creativity, python, angularjs
- SuperOrbital - Kubernetes engineering and training.
- Surge - 100% remote consulting company working primarily in Node.JS, iOS, .NET, PHP, and Android
- Square - Square helps millions of sellers run their business-from secure credit card processing to point of sale solutions. Products: Square and Cash App.
- Taskade - Remote team building real-time collaboration & collaborative editing for teams.
- TaxJar - Eliminate sales tax headaches.
- TeamSnap - TeamSnap is the No. 1 online sports team management software. 80% remote employees
- Tesera - We disrupt conventional thinking to expand what is possible. We ignite change in the future we share.
- The Grid - AI website builder. 100% distributed team.
- Thermeon - Car rental software - 100% remote technical team
- Thorn - 100% remote company, building technology to fight child sexual abuse & trafficking online.
- TimeDoctor - Time tracking with screenshots, web and app usage monitoring, and integrations.
- Tipe - Next Generation API-first CMS with GraphQL or REST API. Built with Nuxt.js, Serverless, AWS. 25% remote
- Toptal - 100% remote development company, solving worldwide talent shortage
- Tortuga Backpacks - Backpacks for city travel.
- Transloadit - The world's most versatile file uploading & encoding service, since 2009, by devs for devs
- Tyk - API Gateway and API Management. Built with Go, open source.
- Vidalingua - Bringing language apps to life.
- WAAT - A cross-functional digital agency that adapts to project needs.
- Walltime - A Brazilian digital assets exchange and other products & services using Blockchain technology.
- Water Lily Pond - Advertising and marketing communication services.
- X-Team - Work on incredible web and mobile projects, with extraordinary developers. Unleash your potential. From anywhere. We are X-Team.
- You Need a Budget - Bank syncing and goals and debt management.
- YourSports - A social network for your favorite teams.
- ZipRecruiter - Perl/Catalyst shop that has some of the best Perl devs working remotely.
- The Appraisal Lane - A third-party vehicle appraisal service. Working space mainly in Austin and Montevideo but available in other countries.
10. Awesome Snmp
Tools / CLIs
- net-snmp tools - The applications listed here are part of net-snmp.
- encode_keychange - Produces the KeyChange string for SNMPv3.
- snmptranslate - Translates MIB OID names between numeric and textual forms.
- snmpget - Communicates with a network entity using SNMP GET requests.
- snmpgetnext - Communicates with a network entity using SNMP GETNEXT requests.
- snmpbulkget - Communicates with a network entity using SNMP GETBULK requests.
- snmpwalk - Retrieves a subtree of management values using SNMP GETNEXT requests.
- snmpbulkwalk - Retrieves a subtree of management values using SNMP GETBULK requests.
- snmpset - Communicates with a network entity using SNMP SET requests.
- snmptest - Communicates with a network entity using SNMP requests.
- snmptable - Retrieve an SNMP table and display it in tabular form.
- snmpdelta - Monitor delta differences in SNMP Counter values.
- snmpusm - Manipulates the SNMPv3 User-based-security user table.
- snmpvacm - Manipulates the SNMPv3 View-based-access-control-module configuration tables.
- snmpstatus - Retrieves a fixed set of management information from a network entity.
- snmpnetstat - Display networking status and configuration information from a network entity via SNMP.
- snmpdf - Displays disk information like the unix df tool using information collected from SNMP.
- snmptrap - Sends SNMP TRAP or INFORM notification messages.
- snmpinform - Send INFORM notification messages. snmpinform command is functionally the same as snmptrap -Ci.
- snmptrapd - An SNMP daemon that listens for SNMP TRAPs or INFORMs and logs or acts upon them.
- traptoemail - This an snmptrapd handler script to convert snmp traps into emails.
- net-snmp-config - Returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries.
- snmpconf - Creates and modifies SNMP configuration files.
- fixproc - Fixes a process by performing the specified action.
- snmpd - An SNMP agent that responds to SNMP requests for a given host.
- mib2c - A MIB conversion utility that can translate MIB structures into other forms, such as C-code.
- mib2c-update - This a script to merge custom code into updated mib2c code.
11. Awesome Ansible
- Getting started with Ansible - YouTube tutorial series by LearnLinuxTV.
12. Discount for Student Dev
IDE and Code Editing
- Xamarin IDE [FREE] - IDE for using C# for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows platforms.
- MATLAB [DISCOUNT] - MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numerical computation.
- Repl [FREE] - An online IDE that lets you instantly code in over fifty languages.Hacker plan, includes unlimited private repls and multiplayer invites. Free for one year available via Github Student Developer Pack
- Blackfire.io [FREE] - Code performance measurement tool. Find & fix bottlenecks.Free Profiler subscription for students.
- Codecov [FREE] - Codecov makes it easy to implement code coverage to develop healthier code.Free access to Codecov on public and private repositories.
- RoseHosting [DISCOUNT] - RoseHosting offers a recurring 20% discount on all their managed Linux VPS and Shared hosting plans when paying monthly. Students can use the discount by applying the coupon code "STUDENT20". Valid for new customers only. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- NodeHost [FREE] - PHP hosting. 500MB Storage, 80GB Bandwidth, 1 Database, and 2 email accounts per site, 28 day backup history.
Design and Photo Editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud [DISCOUNT] - Students save big with 60% off Creative Cloud.
- Themeisle[FREE] - Neve’s mobile-first approach, compatibility with AMP and popular page-builders makes website building accessible for everyone. Free year of Neve Agency WordPress theme exclusively for students.
- Notion.so [FREE] Free pro plan on Notion to Write, plan, collaborate, and get organized.
- Algolia [FREE] - Hosted search API that provides support from front end to back end frameworks and libraries. 100k records and 1 million operations, valid for 1 year.
- Amazon Web Services [FREE] - Access cloud content, training, collaboration tools, and AWS technology at no cost by joining AWS Educate today.
- Heroku[FREE] - A flexible, easy-to-use platform to deploy, run, and manage your apps. One free Hobby Dyno for up to two years via Github Student Developer Pack.
CI / CD
- ConfigCat [FREE] - Learn feature flags with the industry leading feature flag service.1000 feature flags, ∞ users for free.
- Vertabelo [FREE] - Fully-featured online tool for database design. Free for Educational Purposes.
- SQLSmash [FREE] - Productivity plugin for SQL Server Management Studio for writing maintainable SQL scripts and faster navigation.Free standard license for students.
- Mapbox [CREDIT] - A mapping platform for developers. 5 GB of storage for your own custom data.
Domain Name Registers
- NameCheap [FREE/DISCOUNT] - One year domain name registration on the .me TLD, and deeply discounted registrations on .io, .tech, .com, and .website. Inludes optional free year of hosted Ghost blogging platform or Exposure photo website.
- NameCheap [DISCOUNT] - One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) via Github Student Developer Pack.
Software Modeling Tools
- Astah [FREE] - One Year Professional License
- Axure RP [FREE] - Free educational license of Axure RP Pro
- Invision [FREE] - Prototyping and Mockup tool
- Framer [DISCOUNT] - Prototyping tool. 50% off when you get an educational license.
- SAS University Edition and SAS OnDemand Academic [FREE] - The SAS University Edition is distributed as a virtual appliance for VirtualBox/VMWare. It runs in NAT mode on the prepackaged VM and hosts SAS Studio for use with a browser on the host computer. SAS OnDemand hosts SAS Studio for use in the cloud without installation. Both are free for students and teachers at any level.
Game Development Tools
- Unreal Game Engine [FREE] - Unreal Engine 4 is a complete suite of game development tools. From 2D mobile games to console blockbusters and VR, Unreal Engine 4 gives you everything you need to start, ship, grow and stand out from the crowd. Part of the Github Student Developer Pack
- 1Password - [FREE] 6 months of a 1Password account free. ($3/month thereafter using Personal account)
- Datadog [FREE] - 2-Year License for a Datadog Pro account, good for monitoring 10 servers. Part of the Github Student Developer Pack
- Microsoft Office 365 Education [FREE] - Free access to Microsoft Office 365 software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams for students and teachers.
- Thinkful [FREE] - Learn Fundamentals of Web Development to launch your career as a developer.1 month of access to a web development course.
- Arduino Education [FREE] - Empower scientists and artists of the future with creative STEM programs.Free Arduino Create Maker plan for 6 months and discounts on selected hardware.
13. Awesome Eslint
Plugins / Code Quality
- GitHub (⭐209) - Misc. rules from GitHub.
- @mysticatea/eslint-plugin (⭐25) - Misc. rules.
- @brettz9/eslint-plugin (⭐1) - Misc. rules. of
@mysticateawithout the personal config.
Plugins / Languages and Environments
- Babel (⭐42k) - Adds replacements for built-in rules to include Babel features.
- eslint-plugin-eslint-plugin (⭐135) - An ESLint plugin for linting ESLint plugins.
Plugins / Misc
- TypeLint (⭐175) - Introduces types, based on existing schemas (Swagger, Redux) and linting access to object properties, preventing
Plugins / Practices and Specific ES Features
- ESLint Comments (⭐302) - Best practices about ESLint directive comments (
- eslint-plugin-write-good-comments (⭐16) - Enforce good writing style in comments.
- import (⭐4.6k) - Linting of ES2015+ import/export syntax, and prevent issues with misspelling of file paths and import names.
Tools / Testing Tools
- eslint-define-config (⭐182) - Provide a
14. Awesome Minecraft
Resource Packs / Building
- BetterVanillaBuilding - Adds loads of new blocks with connected textures in optifine.
- Prev: Feb 18, 2022
- Next: Feb 16, 2022