A curated list of awesome developer-first tools and products.
You can follow me on Twitter for more dev related content :)
The definition of developer-first for this repo is:
- Developers are the target audience.
- "Headless", "API-first", "SaaS" are frequently used keywords.
- Usually, this means that the front page has some code examples.
- Products - tools/services that people pay for.
+ 👀 Watch this repo to get notifications about new products we find
Track web/app visitors.
- Mixpanel - Product analytics and dashboards.
- Baremetrics - Subscription analytics for Stripe.
- Segment - Collect user data and send it to your other tools.
- Heap - Product analytics API for web and mobile, captures all events.
- Pirsch - Privacy-friendly web analytics with a backend integration and API.
Products that handle authentication and user identity for you.
- Auth0 - Authentication & authorization as a service.
- AWS cognito - AWS's authentication as a service.
- Okta - Embeddable authentication with SSO.
- LoginRadius - Managed user authentication service with SSO.
- Firebase Auth - Google Firebase's take on authentication.
- Magic.link - Passwordless (email-based) log in as a service.
- Oso - Authorization framework (RBAC).
- Hanko - Passwordless (WebAuthn API) PSD2, eIDAS, and GDPR compliant.
- SuperTokens - Opensource and hosted email & Oauth authentication with prebuilt UI.
- Permit.io - Permissions and access-control as a service.
- CircleCI - YML to configure your builds, parallel jobs, jobs marketplace.
- Gitlab - Open source CI and hosted solution with Github-like abilities.
Backend only Content Management System, you decide on frontend and consume content via API.
- Contentful - CMS as an API.
- Tipe - Open source headless CMS.
- ElegantCMS - Headless CMS builder.
- Ghost - Blog platform, can be used as headless CMS (ex. with Hexo).
Check your code quality.
Manipulate and detect visual data.
- clarifai - Set of computer vision APIs.
- CloudSight - Digital media brand recognition.
- Google Vision AI - Google's AI vision APIs.
- roboflow - Simplified computer vision model creation for developers.
Storing data and processing it.
- Airtable - Database and spreadsheet hybrid with an API.
- Supabase - Hosted and open source managed postgres DB like firebase.
- PlanetScale - Hosted managed MySQL database, CI integration & auto scaling.
Tools that help in tracking bugs.
- Google Cloud's operations suite - Set of debug primitives (capture, log injection, etc) for Google cloud.
- Lightrun - Debug production servers using a plugin in the IDE (on-prem or SaaS) that supports Java, Node.js, and Python.
- Rookout - Debug production servers via a cloud-based debugger. Supporting Java, .Net, Node.js, Python, and Ruby.
Products that help you deploy your app/website.
- Render - Deploy from git to a CDN with SSL.
- Vercel - Deploy JAMStack (mainly Next.js) via CLI.
- Netlify - Deploy JAMStack (mainly Gatsby) via CLI.
- Heroku - Deploy via CLI to scalable servers.
- Digital Ocean App Platform - Deploy and don't care about infrastructure, works with all major frameworks.
- Platform.sh - Continuously deploy full-stack apps.
- Fly.io - Deploy dockerized full stack apps via a location-aware service (latency reduction).
- Railway - Out of the box git to deployment with auto scaling, DBs, secrets and rollbacks.
Comments and forums.
- Commento - Privacy centric embeddable comment system.
- MuutIo - Tools to create a community-driven app.
- TurnTo - Ratings, community Q&A, reviews, and comments as a service.
- Bazaarvoice - Ratings, reviews as a service.
- Yotpo - Reviews ratings and Q&A as a service.
- Gitter - Chat and networking platform for developers.
- readme - Personalized and dynamic developer docs.
- DeveloperHub - Collaborative developer documentation platform.
- swimm - Docs that are coupled with your code, auto-synced, works with your IDE.
Manage environment variables and secrets for multiple apps or projects.
- Vault - API driven secret key management.
- Doppler - Environment variable management across projects, in one place.
- 1Password Secrets Automation - Secrets management with integration to 1Password.
- Envkey - Environment management with syncing mechanism for all apps.
- Ubiq - Encryption APIs wiht secret management
Control production features with conditional flags in your code.
- LaunchDarkly - Feature flags-as-a-service platform.
- split - Feature flags platform with data analytics.
- Flagsmith - Feature flags-as-a-service platform simplified.
- Radar - Geofencing and geo APIs.
- mapbox - Maps and locations products for devs.
- SmartyStreets - US Reverse Geocoding and Address Verification APIs.
Products that extend your IDE and help development.
- Codota - AI code completions for your IDE.
- TabNine - Deep learning completion (part of codota).
- Kite - AI assistant in your IDE (Python or JS).
Integration management systems or products that ease integration development
- Apideck - Integration marketplace builder, one-API with 3rd parties for quick development.
Translating your product (also denoted i18n).
- Localazy - App translation built for developers.
Sending emails as a service.
- Mailgun - Send, track, and receive emails.
- Sendgrid - Email API.
- Lob - Email and address verification.
- FormSpree - Receive form submissions by email.
- Hunter.io - Email lead and validation APIs.
- Anymail finder - Verify and find email APIs.
Media APIs (optimization, CDN).
- Cloudinary - Optimize, create, manage, and deliver images and videos.
- imgix - Transforms, optimizes, and cache images.
- ImageKit - Automate image optimization, transformation, and delivery.
- Mux - APIs to upload, manage, and stream video.
- APITemplate.io - APIs to generate images and PDFs from reusable templates.
Messaging APIs - SMS, notifications, chats, and VoIP.
- Twilio - SMS, push notifications, and VoIP APIs.
- Vonage - Video, SMS, chat, and voice APIs.
- stream - Feed and chat as a service.
- Applozic - Chat SDKs, real-time messaging.
Different products that probably don't have a category.
- Actyx - Developer-first factory building.
- ngrok - Generate public URLs for internal servers (behind NAT/firewall).
- zigi - Developer’s assistant for mundane non-coding tasks via Slack.
- Nylas - APIs for productivity workflows (email, calendar, contacts...) - like plaid for productivity.
Monitoring your production application.
- Sentry - Application monitoring for bugs and performance.
- KeenIO - Event streaming platform.
- Rollbar - Reports errors in production.
- LogRocket - Replay bugs users had.
- Dashbird - Serverless realtime monitoring.
- Statuspal - Public/Private status pages for services with integrations.
- instatus - Minimalist Jamstack status page.
Interactions with natural language.
- Wit.ai - Voice/text chatbot framework by Facebook.
- DialogFlow - Voice/text chatbot framework by Google.
Handling payments, credit card processing, and invoices.
- Stripe Payments - Accept payments and move money globally with APIs.
- Braintree - Paypal's take on API-first payments.
- Plaid - Accept, send ACH (bank transfers) and get bank information.
- Paddle - Revenue delivery platform for SaaS with broad geographical support (unlike stripe at the moment).
Repository and artifacts management.
- Artifactory - Create your own package repository.
- cloudsmith - Cloud-native private package management.
Generating reports, mainly PDFs
- PDFBlade - HTML to PDF API usage based pricing.
- Carbone - JSON into PDF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ODS... API.
- Export SDK - PDF generator API with visual template editor.
Fetching data from websites not via an intended API.
- Apify - Turn websites to an API.
- proxycrawl - Scrape hard-to-scrape websites with proxies.
- ScrapingBee - Using headless browsers and proxies to scrape without being blocked.
- ScrapingANT - Scrape with headless chrome.
- SerpApi - Real-time search engine scraping API.
Index and search your content as a service API.
- Algolia - Search as a service and full suite of search APIs.
- Swiftype - Search as a service (crawlers and React ready).
- Websolr - Open-source and hosted search with Solr.
- typesense cloud - Open-source and hosted search as a Service.
Creating and handling the shipment of goods.
- easypost - Shipping APIs for e-commerce.
- Testim - Frontend testing.
- Applitools - Automated visual testing.
- Percy - Continuous visual testing.
- Blackfire.io - Performance testing.
- Chromatic - Visual UI testing for storybook.
- Beeceptor - REST API mocking.
- Loadmill - Generate tests from user behavior.
See here: CONTRIBUTING.md
ON THIS PAGE
- Awesome Developer-First Awesome
- Authentication & Identity
- CMS (headless)
- Code Quality
- Computer Vision
- Databases & Spreadsheets
- Deployment Hosting
- Environment & Secret Management
- Feature Flags
- Natural Language Processing
- Reports Generation