Track Awesome Gideros Updates Daily
A curated list of awesome Gideros resources, classes and tips.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 stetso/awesome-gideros · ⭐ 23 · 🏷️ Gaming
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Oct 07, 2019
Useful Lua-Libraries / Plugins
- bump (⭐769) - Simple, flexible and fast library for collision detection using axis-aligned bounding boxes (from version 2017.8 onwards Gideros contains a C-port of the library with the same API that should be used instead cbump.
Jul 26, 2017
- API Reference - Whenever you need to figure something out- this is the first place to go.
- Forum - Join the very helpful community.
Resources / GUI
May 24, 2017
- Download Gideros - Get Gideros here (it is free but donations are welcome!).
- Getting Started Manual - Check here first to get an overview of the framework.
- Online Editor - Try Gideros in your browser without installing anything.
- Online Examples - See some of the capabilites of Gideros in your browser.
- Developer Guide - Official list of guides and tutorials.
Resources / Tutorials and Tips
- Introductory Video Tutorial - By one of the maintainers of Gideros.
- Publishing to Android - Getting started with publishing to Android.
- Improving performance - Forum thread with hints about improving the performance of Gideros apps.
- Desktop API - Overview of the Desktop API to manipulate mouse cursor and window decorations.
Resources / Full game examples
- Simple square-dodge game - Introductory tutorial about creating a simple square-dodge game.
- Top-down roguelike Tutorial - Extensive tutorial series about making a turn-based roguelike in Gideros.
- Breakout Clone - Tutorial about creating a Breakout-like game using Gideros and Box2D.
- "Grab the treasure" course - Comprehensive getting-started guide to Gideros by developing a small game.
Resources / Publications
- Gideros Mobile Game Development - Comprehensive book about developing a game for mobile with Gideros.
- Learn Lua for iOS Game Development - Introducing a variety of Lua-based game development frameworks including Gideros.
Resources / IDEs and Editors
- Using ZeroBrane Studio with Gideros - Introductory tutorial for using ZBS with Gideros Remote Preview.
- Live Coding with Gideros and ZeroBrane Studio - Video showing the live coding capabilities of ZBS and Gideros.
- ZeroBrane Studio integration and debugging - Video tutorial by the creator of ZBS.
- Visual Studio Code plugin - With Gideros support (Windows only).
- Sublime Text 3 plugin - Adding Gideros support to ST3.
Resources / Graphics and Shaders
- Shaders in Gideros - Introductory text about shaders in Gideros.
- Shadertoy viewer - Check out shaders from Shadertoy using Gideros.
- Intro to clipping and the RenderTarget - Text-based tutorial on how to use the RenderTarget class to create a clipping effect.
Resources / Scene Management
- SceneManager - Easily switch between scenes with or without transitions.
- Passing variables using the SceneManager - Passing variables to the next scene when using the scene manager.
Resources / Input
- GidSwipe (⭐0) - Easy to use tap and swipe manager for mobile.
- Gestures - Define and detect complex gestures from points a list of points.
- Accelerometer - Quick example of how to use the device accelerometer as input.
- Shake detection - Small snippet to detect device shake.
Resources / Animation and Tweens
- GTween - Tween sprite variables with this library (comes with all the easing functions you need).
- Animation using MovieClip - Tutorial on how to animate sprites using the MovieClip class.
- Spriteheet animation class (⭐2) - Class that helps with creating and playing animations from spritesheets.
Resources / Tilemaps
- Collision with Tilemaps - Examples and suggestions on how to make stuff collide with the tiles in your tilemap.
Resources / Camera
- Smooth camera with Drag and Pinch-to-Zoom - Useful class implementation for a camera in a mobile game.
Resources / Audio
- Intro to using audio with Gideros - Tutorial about generating and using sounds with Gideros.
Resources / Saving and Loading
- Using JSON - Loading and saving manually via JSON.
- DataSaver module - User-friendly wrapper to make saving and loading data as easy as possible.
- Encrypting save files - Some ideas (with code) about securing the save files from unwanted manipulation.
Resources / Monetization
- Admob integration - Video tutorial about integrating Admob into your game.
- Google Service integration - Second part of the Admob tutorial showing Google Play Service integration.
Resources / GUI
- Button class - Simple class for creating clickable buttons.
- AceSlide class - Sliding UI-Element that can be used for example for level selection.
Resources / 3D
- Tutorial using 3D in Gideros - Introduction by one of the maintainers of Gideros.
Resources / Plugins
- SKStoreReview (⭐0) - Gideros Plugin for SKStoreReviewController iOS 10.3+.
- C++ plugin development - Getting started with Gideros plugin development in C++.
Useful Lua-Libraries / Plugins
- lume (⭐761) - Great collection of functions that are useful for game development.
- inspect (⭐1.1k) - Easily pretty-print your tables to the console in a readable way.
- jumper - Super-fast grid-based pathfinding for Lua.
- Bresenham (⭐13) - Bresenham's line algorithm, implemented in Lua.
Apr 26, 2017
Related Awesome Lists / Plugins