Awesome List Updates on Aug 14, 2015
9 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Elixir
- phoenix_html_sanitizer (⭐26) - HTML Sanitizer integration for Phoenix.
Text and Numbers
- haikunator (⭐26) - Generate Heroku-like memorable random names to use in your apps or anywhere else.
2. Awesome Sketch
Videos / Tutorial-only
Videos / Process of designing dashboards, mobile apps
Plugins / Must-have ❤️
Plugins / Nice-to-have 👍
- Easier.cc (Files up to 5 MB)
3. Awesome Python
- SCons - A software construction tool.
- alipay (⭐322) - Unofficial Alipay API for Python.
- html5lib (⭐1k) - A standards-compliant library for parsing and serializing HTML documents and fragments.
- lxml - A very fast, easy-to-use and versatile library for handling HTML and XML.
- pyquery (⭐2.2k) - A jQuery-like library for parsing HTML.
- xmltodict (⭐5.1k) - Working with XML feel like you are working with JSON.
- sh (⭐6.5k) - A full-fledged subprocess replacement for Python.
- astropy - A community Python library for Astronomy.
- bccb (⭐567) - Collection of useful code related to biological analysis.
- Biopython - Biopython is a set of freely available tools for biological computation.
- cclib - A library for parsing and interpreting the results of computational chemistry packages.
- NumPy - A fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
- PyMC (⭐7.4k) - Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampling toolkit.
- statsmodels (⭐8.3k) - Statistical modeling and econometrics in Python.
- SymPy (⭐10k) - A Python library for symbolic mathematics.
- google-api-python-client (⭐6.4k) - Google APIs Client Library for Python.
- gspread (⭐6.4k) - Google Spreadsheets Python API.
- twython (⭐1.9k) - A Python wrapper for the Twitter API.
4. Awesome Transit
Web Apps (open source)
- OpenTripPlanner Client GWT (⭐8) - A Google Web Toolkit-based web interface for OpenTripPlanner
- HRT BUS Web app (⭐18) - HRT Bus API publishes real time bus data from Hampton Roads Transit through an application programming interface for developers to make apps from it.
- Transit-Map (⭐330) - Web app that animates vehicles (markers) on a map using the public transport timetables to interpolate their positions along the routes (polylines).
GTFS Realtime Libraries & Demo Apps / Ruby
- GTFS-realtime Alerts Producer Web Application (⭐1) - A Java-based web application for producing GTFS-realtime Service Alerts.
- GTFS-realtime Exporter (⭐13) - A Java-based tool that assists in producing and sharing a GTFS-relatime feed.
- GTFS-realtime Alerts Producer Demo (⭐9) - A Java-based demo project for producing GTFS-realtime Service Alerts.
- GTFS-realtime TripUpdates & VehiclePositions Producer Demo (⭐10) - A Java-based demo project for producing GTFS-realtime TripUpdates (estimated arrivals) and Vehicle Positions.
GTFS Libraries / Java
- OneBusAway GTFS Modules (⭐111) - A Java-based library for reading, writing, and transforming public transit data in the GTFS format, including database support.
GTFS Converters / Ruby
- Chouette - Converts French-Transmodel, SIRI, NETeX. See Chouette.mobi website for more info.
GTFS Realtime Convertors / Ruby
- Syncromatics API to GTFS-realtime (⭐2) - A Java-based command-line utility to convert from the Syncromatics API format to GTFS-realtime TripUpdates and VehiclePositons.
- KV6,15,17, and ARNU to GTFS-realtime (⭐1) - Java-based tool to process incoming KV6,15,17 and ARNU and match them to static transit data present in a RID integration database. It then proceeds to export this data as ARNU RITinfo, GTFS(realtime) and KV78turbo
- WMATA BusPositions API to GTFS-realtime (⭐11) - Java-based tool to convert from WMATA's BusPositions API and Alert RSS feeds from MetroAlerts to GTFS-realtime TripUpdates, VehiclePositions, and Alerts feeds.
- SEPTA API to GTFS-realtime (⭐2) - Java-based tool to convert SEPTA's real-time bus and rail data to GTFS-realtime
- CTA API to GTFS-realtime (⭐5) - Java-based tool to convert CTA's Train Tracker data to GTFS-realtime.
- Detroit DOT to GTFS-realtime (⭐2) - Extract real-time info from DDOT's TransitMaster installation (database) and convert to GTFS-realtime
- Live Transit Event Trigger (⭐4) - Extracts data from Ride On's OrbCAD database and export as GTFS-realtime.
- Civic Transit (⭐4) - Screen-scrapes KCATA’s TransitMaster WebWatch installation to produce a GTFS-realtime feed.
GTFS Realtime Utilities / Ruby
- GTFS-realtime Munin Plugin (⭐1) - Provides a Munin plugin for logging information about a GTFS-realtime feed.
5. Awesome Answers
Programming Languages / Python
- Why are banks like JP Morgan and Bank of America Merrill Lynch using Python to replace historic legacy systems built in Java/C++?
6. Engineering Blogs
Companies / W companies
- Wimdu http://tech.wimdu.com/
7. Awesome Polymer
- open-elements Open for all elements working with polymer ^1.1
8. Awesome Dotnet
Machine Learning and Data Science
- numl (⭐425) - Designed to include the most popular supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms while minimizing the friction involved with creating the predictive models.
9. Awesome Jvm
- G1 - The Garbage-First Garbage Collector.
- Renjin - JVM-based interpreter for the R language for the statistical analysis
- atoptool - Logging of system and process activity for long-term analysis, highlighting overloaded system.
- perf - Linux profiling with performance counters.
- sysstat - Performance monitoring tools for Linux.
- BTrace (⭐5.2k) - a safe, dynamic tracing tool for the Java platform.
- Chronon - Record your entire java program. Replay on any machine.
- GCViewer (⭐4.1k) - GCViewer is a tool that visualizes verbose GC output.
- Riemann JVM Profiler (⭐288) - JVM agent which sends function-level profiler telemetry to a Riemann server for analysis, visualization, and storage.
- Swiss Java Knife (⭐3.1k) - Small set of tools for JVM troublshooting, monitoring and profiling.
- Takipi - Tells you when and why code breaks in production.
- Zipkin (⭐16k) - A distributed tracing system gather timing data for disparate services developed by Twitter.
- CRaSH - The shell for the Java Platform.
- Drip (⭐1.5k) - Fast JVM launching without the hassle of persistent JVMs.
- Dalvik - Android runtime (ART) is the managed runtime used by applications and some system services on Android.
- The JVM specification - The Java Virtual Machine Specification Java SE 8 Edition.
- The Java Memory Model - Starting point for discussions of and information concerning the Java Memory Model.
- The JSR-133 Cookbook for Compiler Writers - Unofficial guide to implementing the new Java Memory Model (JMM) specified by JSR-133.
- concurrency-interest - Discussion list for JSR-166.
- hotspot-compiler-dev - Technical discussion about the development of the HotSpot bytecode compilers.
- hotspot-dev - HotSpot development mailing list.
- hotspot-gc-dev - Technical discussion about the development of the HotSpot garbage collectors.
- mechanical-sympathy - Discussing how to code sympathetically to and measure the underlying stack/platform so good performance can be extracted.
- JVM Language Summit 2015 - JVM Language Summit 2015.
- Bits of advice for VM writers - Cliff Click.
- Understanding Java garbage collection ... - Gil Tene.
- Faster Object Arrays - Gil Tene at GOTO Conferences.
- Java Memory Model Pragmatics - Aleksey Shipilev.
- Aleksey Shipilëv - Developing Oracle/Open JDK/Hotspot and other Java-related technologies.
- Brian Goetz - Java Language Architect at Oracle.
- Cliff Click - Creator of the HotSpot Server Compiler.
- Dave Dice - Senior research scientist in the Scalable Synchronization Research Group within Oracle.
- Doug Lea - Author of the Java memory model.
- Gil Tene - Azul Systems.
- John Rose - HotSpot developer.
- Martin Thompson - Pasty faced performance gangster.
- Nitsan Wakart - Azul Systems.