Awesome List Updates on Jul 23, 2018
13 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Flutter
Services / Bluetooth / NFC / Beacon
2. Awesome Embedded Rust
Books, blogs and training materials / Community Chat Rooms
- MicroRust Introductory book for embedded development in Rust on the micro:bit.
3. Vertx Awesome
- Vert.x Vaadin (⭐42) - Run Vaadin applications on Vert.x.
4. Awesome Cybersecurity Blueteam
Network perimeter defenses / Evidence collection
- fwknop - Protects ports via Single Packet Authorization in your firewall.
Security monitoring / Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- AlienVault OSSIM - Single-server open source SIEM platform featuring asset discovery, asset inventorying, behavioral monitoring, and event correlation, driven by AlienVault Open Threat Exchange (OTX).
- Prelude SIEM OSS - Open source, agentless SIEM with a long history and several commercial variants featuring security event collection, normalization, and alerting from arbitrary log input and numerous popular monitoring tools.
5. Awesome H2o
Blog Posts & Tutorials
6. Awesome Remote Job
- Find Bacon - Design and Dev jobs
7. Awesome Mac
Developer Tools / IDEs
- Haskell for Mac - A Modern Development Environment for Haskell.
8. Awesome Heroku
articleSix Tips for Mastering your Procfile — improvements for how you run your Heroku processes.
9. Awesome Swift
Cryptography / Barcode
- Themis (⭐1.8k) - Multilanguage framework for making typical encryption schemes easy to use: data at rest, authenticated data exchange, transport protection, authentication, and so on.
10. Awesome Postgres
Contents / Backups
- pg_back (⭐281) - pg_back is a simple backup script
Contents / Utilities
- pg_chameleon (⭐346) - Real time replica from MySQL to PostgreSQL with optional type override migration and migration capabilities.
- pg_bulkload - It's a high speed data loading utility for PostgreSQL.
- Discord - The official Discord community for Craft CMS.
12. Awesome Code Review
- Helping Developers Help Themselves: Automatic Decomposition of Code Review Changes (Barnett et al. 2015) (summary on the morning paper) Research into automatically splitting big diffs into smaller diffs leading to better reviews.
- Brian Guthrie's Feature Branching Rant Twitter thread on the pros and cons of GitHub's open source first model with regards to "in-company" code review practice.
- Code Reviews: Just Do It Seminal post advocating for peer review of software back in 2006.
- Designing Awesome Code Reviews Principles for actively designing a code review process.
- Effective Code Reviews Without the Pain Another 2006 classic on how to effectively perform a code review.
- How I review code More personal advice on how to best review a pull request from an engineer at Tumblr.
- Pull Requests: How to Get and Give Good Feedback Advice for both sides of the code review process, the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Ship Small Diffs Why it's better to review small changes rather than large ones.
- The Art of Humanizing Pull Requests Emoji rich guide to the human side of code review via pull requests.
- Unlearning Toxic Behaviors in a Code Review Culture A how-to guide for pull requests via how-not-too.
- Why I changed the way I think about Code Quality Why code quality is about more than just the code.
- Handbook of Walkthroughs, Inspections, and Technical Reviews Older book covering more formal walkthroughs but covers politics and group dynamics in review well.
- Peer Reviews in Software: A Practical Guide A practical guide to formal code inspections as a code review practice.
- Software Inspection: An Industry Best Practice Compendium of papers on code review practice.
- What to Look for in a Code Review JetBrains sponsored ebook of how to spot coding anti-patterns during review.
Talks and Podcasts
- Code Reviews: Honesty, Kindness, Inspiration: Pick Three - Jacob Stoebel RubyConf 2017 How to do effective code review while remaining kind to the original author.
- Implementing a Strong Code-Review Culture - Derek Prior Railsconf 2015 How to instill a healthy code review culture in a team.
13. Awesome Dotnet Core
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / GUI
- Qml.Net (⭐1.3k) - A cross-platform Qml/.NET integration for Mono/.NET/.NET Core.