Track Vertx Awesome Updates Daily
A curated list of awesome Vert.x resources, libraries, and other nice things.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 vert-x3/vertx-awesome · ⭐ 2K · 🏷️ Back-End Development
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
May 18, 2023
- Vert.x Auth SQL (⭐144) - Vert.x authentication/authorisation based on the Vert.x SQL client and a relational database.
May 13, 2023
- vertx-rest (⭐33) - Abstraction over resteasy-vertx to simplify writing a Vert.x REST application based on JAX-RS annotations.
Mar 03, 2023
- SmallRye Mutiny - Intuitive event-driven reactive programming library for Java with bindings for Vert.x.
Mar 02, 2023
- Retrofit adapter for Vert.x (⭐31) - A highly scalable adapter for Retrofit with Vert.x.
- openapi4j adapter for Vert.x (⭐96) - OpenAPI 3 request validator and router factory alternative.
- Vert.x Effect HTTP client (⭐2) - Pure functional and reactive HTTP client using Vert.x Effect (⭐2) with OAuth support and retry, fallback and recovery operations.
- Failsafe - Failsafe is a lightweight, zero-dependency library for handling failures in Java 8+. Concise API. Integration with libraries that use their own schedulers for async executions, such as Akka or Vert.x. Vert.x example (⭐3.9k)
Feb 07, 2023
- Vert.x Auth JWT (⭐144) - Vert.x Authorisation based on JSON Web Tokens.
Jul 12, 2022
Jun 26, 2022
- Vert.x JsonPath (⭐1) - A very basic implementation of JsonPath using Vert.x’s JsonObject and JsonArray, mimicking their getX, containsKey, put and remove methods.
May 11, 2022
- AI model output API based on PMML with Vert.x (⭐1) - High performance PMML evaluator API based on Vert.x. Supports dynamic routing configuration for multiple PMML models via JSON.
Apr 20, 2022
- Vert.x Effect (⭐2) - Pure functional and reactive library based on the IO Monad to implement any complex flow. Full support for retry, fallback and recovery operations.
- Knative (⭐4k) - An example application on how to use Reactive Extensions Vert.x (⭐143) with Knative.
- Chime (⭐29) - Time scheduler working on Vert.x event bus allowing for scheduling with cron-style and interval timers.
- Vert.x Scheduler (⭐7) - A lightweight plugable scheduler based on plain Vert.x core without any external libs for scheduling with cron-style and interval timers with a detail monitor on both sync and async task.
- User Group - Discuss all user issues related to using Vert.x.
- Developer Group - A group for Vert.x core developers and contributors.
- Discord Server - Chat about any Vert.x-related topic.
- Issues (⭐35) - Vert.x core issue tracker.
- Wiki (⭐190) - Contains useful information about Vert.x.
- Blog - The official Vert.x blog containing many tutorials and other information.
Jan 26, 2022
- SCX (⭐2) - An open and easy-to-use web framework, most functions are based on annotations.
Jan 19, 2022
- NoSQL Databases
- MongoDB (⭐54) - An asynchronous client for interacting with a MongoDB database.
- Redis (⭐119) - Asynchronous API to interact with Redis.
- Cassandra (⭐32) - A Vert.x client allowing applications to interact with a Cassandra service.
- Cassandra (⭐39) - Asynchronous API to interact with Cassandra and Cassandra Mapping.
- OrientDB (⭐6) - Non-blocking OrientDB server integration.
- Bitsy (⭐1) - Non-blocking Bitsy Graph server integration.
- MarkLogic (⭐2) - Asynchronous client for Marklogic Database Server.
- SirixDB (⭐829) - Non-blocking SirixDB HTTP-server.
- DGraph (⭐1) - An example on how to build a Vert.x gRPC compliant client. Here targeting dgraph
- RxFirestore (⭐9) - Non-blocking Firestore SDK written in a reactive way.
- MongoDB (⭐1) - Pure functional and reactive MongoDB client on top of Vert.x Effect (⭐1). Full support for retry, fallback and recovery operations.
- Aerospike (⭐28) - Asynchronous and non-blocking API to interact with Aerospike server. Uses AerospikeClient's (⭐220) async commands internally and handles the result on the Vert.x Context.
May 31, 2021
Vert.x Event Bus Extensions
- Eventbus Service (⭐7) - Code generator for type-safe event bus communication via simple Kotlin interfaces.
Mar 17, 2021
- Relational Databases
- Reactive SQL Client (⭐824) - High performance reactive SQL client.
- JDBC (⭐122) - Asynchronous interface around a JDBC datasource.
- MySQL / PostgreSQL (⭐115) - Asynchronous Client for MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL (⭐74) - Reactive PostgreSQL Client.
- database (⭐39) - Client for Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, HyperSQL, etc. designed for security, correctness, and ease of use.
- jOOQ (⭐368) - Doing typesafe, asynchronous SQL and generate code using jOOQ.
- jOOQx (⭐20) - Leverages the power of typesafe SQL from
jOOQ DSLand uses the reactive and non-blocking SQL driver from Vert.x.
Feb 03, 2021
- Contextual logging (⭐20) - Mapped Diagnostic Context (MDC) that works with the Vert.x event-loop model.
Jan 04, 2021
- Donkey (⭐281) - Modern Clojure HTTP server and client built for ease of use and performance.
Dec 23, 2020
- AMQP 1.0 (⭐7) - Interact with AMQP 1.0 servers using the Vert.x Producer and Consumer APIs.
- MQTT (⭐164) - Provides two different components: an MQTT server for handling all the MQTT communication and messages exchanges with clients and an MQTT client for sending and receiving messages against an MQTT broker.
- RabbitMQ (⭐70) - A RabbitMQ client (AMQP 0.9.1).
- Kafka Client (⭐76) - A Kafka client.
- kafka (⭐30) - Kafka client for consuming and producing messages.
- SaltStack (⭐1) - A bi-directional bridge between the SaltStack event system and the Vert.x event bus.
- STOMP (⭐29) - A Kafka client and server.
- ZeroMQ (⭐12) - ZeroMQ Event Bus bridge.
- Azure ServiceBus (⭐0) - Azure ServiceBus producer and consumer (fully async, doesn't use Microsoft Azure SDK).
- AMQP 1.0 - Kafka bridge (⭐224) - Bridge for sending/receiving messages to/from Apache Kafka using the AMQP 1.0 protocol.
- Vert.x Kafka Client (⭐76) - Apache Kafka client for reading and sending messages from/to an Apache Kafka cluster.
- The White Rabbit (⭐90) - An asynchronous RabbitMQ (AMQP) client based on Kotlin coroutines.
- WAMP Broker (⭐2) - A WAMP broker you can embed into your Vert.x application.
Nov 17, 2020
- Vert.x Codegen Gradle plugin (⭐9) - A Gradle plugin to facilitate the codegen usage for Vert.x Java projects.
- API Framework (⭐8) - Vert.x and Glue based microservice framework removing distinction between standalone and serveless application. All services can run in standalone server, but, if required, same codebase can be used to run any service as serverless application.
- Glue (⭐1) - Proven and opinionated programming, and configuration model for Java and Vert.x based applications. Inspired from ATG Nucleus, provides powerful layer base configuration management using simple properties file.
Sep 17, 2020
- Starter Single Verticle API (⭐2) - REST API Starter and Project Template ready to deploy with lots of plumbing code, examples, and documentation to quickly develope an API with almost no knowledge of vert.x and without any waste of time.
Jul 26, 2020
- Vert.x Web (⭐1k) - Full featured web toolkit for Vert.x.
- Ceylon (⭐12) - Ceylon support.
- Groovy (⭐13) - Groovy support.
- Java (⭐14k) - Vert.x main repository (including the Java API).
- Ruby (⭐14) - Ruby support.
- Scala (⭐116) - - Scala support.
- Kotlin (⭐276) - - Kotlin support.
- Reactive Streams (⭐48) - Vert.x Reactive Streams.
- Vert.x Rx (⭐143) - Vert.x Reactive Extensions.
- Vert.x Sync (⭐98) - Vert.x fiber support.
- Kotlin coroutines (⭐276) - Vert.x support for Kotlin coroutines.
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- Rust (⭐11) - Event bus client for Rust applications through TCP.
- Hazelcast Cluster Manager (⭐69) - Hazelcast cluster manager.
- Ignite Cluster Manager (⭐35) - Ignite cluster manager.
- Zookeeper Cluster Manager (⭐72) - Zookeeper cluster manager.
- Infinispan Cluster Manager (⭐14) - Infinispan cluster manager.
- OpenShift DIY cartridge (⭐1) - OpenShift DIY Cartridge using Vert.x.
- OpenShift Vert.x cartridge (⭐20) - OpenShift Vert.x Cartridge using Vert.x.
- Service Discovery (⭐110) - Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Circuit Breaker (⭐58) - Vert.x Circuit Breaker.
- Service Factory (⭐20) - Vert.x Service Factory.
- Maven Service Factory (⭐13) - Maven Vert.x Service Factory.
- HTTP Service Factory (⭐9) - Vert.x HTTP Service Factory.
- Vert.x Unit (⭐32) - Async polyglot unit testing for Vert.x.
- Vert.x JUnit5 (⭐39) - Async unit testing for Vert.x with junit5.
- Vert.x WireMongo (⭐10) - Lightweight MongoDB mocking for Vert.x
- Vert.x shell (⭐31) - Allows for interaction with Vert.x from the command line.
- Vert.x Stack (⭐119) - Vert.x + the endorsed modules.
- Vert.x blueprint - Microservice application (⭐747) - The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a complex microservice application.
- Vert.x blueprint - Job Queue (⭐134) - The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a distributed job processing application.
- Vert.x blueprint - TODO backend (⭐179) - The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a backend for a TODO application.
- Vert.x examples (⭐3.4k) - The official Vert.x examples including web examples, how to use the official database clients, etc.
Jul 24, 2020
- Cloudopt Next (⭐319) - Cloudopt Next is a very lightweight and modern, JVM-based, full stack kotlin framework designed for building modular, easily testable JVM applications with support for Java, Kotlin language, crafted from the best of breed Java libraries and standards.
Feb 29, 2020
- File Server
- Vert.x TFTP Client (⭐1) - TFTP client for Vert.x support download/upload files.
Nov 28, 2019
- Vert.x CronUtils (⭐14) - An abstraction of cron-utils for the vertx scheduler. Unix, Cron4j and Quartz style expressions are supported.
Nov 15, 2019
- Apache ServiceComb Java Chassis (⭐1.9k) - ServiceComb Java Chassis is a Software Development Kit (SDK) for rapid development of microservices in Java, providing service registration, service discovery, dynamic routing, and service management features.
Nov 06, 2019
- openapi-generator (⭐16k) - OpenAPI Generator allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs, documentation and configuration automatically given an OpenAPI Spec (v2, v3).
Sep 28, 2019
- AWS SDK (⭐45) - Use AWS Java SDK v2 (async) with Vert.x
May 27, 2019
- Php (⭐13) - Php support.
Mar 24, 2019
- KorTE Template Engine (⭐72) - Kotlin Template Engine similar to Twig/Django/Liquid supporting calling Kotlin suspend methods.
Mar 20, 2019
- Serverx (⭐19) - Allows you to quickly and easily set up a Vert.x-powered server using only route handler annotations.
Mar 18, 2019
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- Elixir (⭐14) - Event bus support for Elixir apps using TCP socket.
Feb 28, 2019
- Consul Cluster Manager (⭐18) - Consul cluster manager.
Dec 04, 2018
Nov 30, 2018
- QBit (⭐709) - QBit works with Spring DI and Spring Boot (and of course Vert.x). Allows you to use QBit, Vert.x, Spring DI and Spring Boot in the same application.
- Netflix - Hystrix
- Push Notifications
- CNCF CloudEvents
- Vert.x Config AWS SSM Store (⭐0) - A config store implementation for retrieving configuration values from the AWS EC2 SSM Parameter Store.
Nov 11, 2018
- Vert.x in Action by Julien Ponge
Sep 11, 2018
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- Java (⭐10) - Simple Java Event Bus Client using plain TCP socket I/O.
Jul 31, 2018
- Autonomous Services (⭐1) - A toolkit for creating autonomous services. An architecture that leverages vert.x and nannoq-tools to provide an event-based reactive architecure without centralized components, neither for communication or data, providing a theoretically linear scalability across the architecture.
- Nannoq-Tools - Nannoq-Tools is a toolkit for constructing robust, scalable and distributed applications leveraging Vert.x including modules for authentication, cluster management, Firebase Cloud Messaging, DynamoDB, fully generic queries, REST, and more.
Jul 23, 2018
- Vert.x Vaadin (⭐42) - Run Vaadin applications on Vert.x.
Jul 13, 2018
- Gravitee.io - An OSS API Platform including an API Gateway and an OAuth2 / OIDC authorization server based on Vert.x Core / Vert.x Web and other modules.
Jun 25, 2018
- Vert.x health check (⭐13) - Allows for remote health checking in Vert.x projects.
Mar 20, 2018
- Vert.x LiveReload (⭐7) - A simple livereload server for Vert.x applications.
Feb 18, 2018
- Atmosphere Vert.x (⭐41) - Realtime Client Server Framework for the JVM, supporting WebSockets and Server Sent Events with Cross-Browser Fallbacks.
- Gateleen (⭐71) - Middleware library based on Vert.x to build advanced JSON/REST communication servers.
- GDH (⭐29) - Generalized Diffie-Hellman key exchange Java library built on top of Vert.x.
- Vert.x Music Store (⭐66) - An example application on how to build Vert.x applications with RxJava.
- Vert.x PostgreSQL Starter (⭐33) - A starter to build a monolithic CRUD RESTful Web Service with Vert.x stack and PostgreSQL.
Feb 07, 2018
- Vert.x Boot (⭐44) - Deploying verticles from a HOCON configuration.
Jan 13, 2018
- REST.VertX (⭐145) - Lightweight JAX-RS (RestEasy) like annotation processor for Vert.x verticals.
Dec 16, 2017
Dec 11, 2017
- Irked (⭐30) - Annotations-based configuration for Vert.x Web, with a controller framework and expressive APIs for REST.
Dec 01, 2017
Nov 18, 2017
- VxRifa - Utility library for Vert.X that allows using strong-typed interfaces in communication through EventBus.
Nov 09, 2017
- Vert.x Dataloader (⭐72) - Java port of Facebook Dataloader for Vert.x. Efficient batching and caching for your data layer.
Sep 15, 2017
- slush-vertx - A template driven Vert.x project generator for different languages and build tools.
Sep 05, 2017
- Vert.x GraphQL Utils (⭐22) - A route handler and Vert.x compatible interfaces to handle GraphQL queries in Vert.x and Vert.x Web.
Sep 04, 2017
Aug 31, 2017
- Resilience4j (⭐8.8k) - Resilience4j is a fault tolerance library designed for Java8 and functional programming. Resilience4j provides modules for Circuit Breaking, Rate Limiting, Bulkheading, Automatic retrying, Response caching and Metric measuring.
Jul 14, 2017
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
Jul 07, 2017
- Crabzilla (⭐66) - Yet another Event Sourcing experiment. A project exploring Vert.x to develop Event Sourcing / CQRS applications.
Jun 26, 2017
- Building Reactive Microservices in Java by Clément Escoffier
Jun 16, 2017
- vertx-mysql-binlog-client (⭐18) - A Vert.x client for tapping into MySQL replication stream.
Jun 08, 2017
- Server-Sent Events
May 27, 2017
- Vert.x Web Accesslog (⭐24) - Just a simple handler to be used in Vert.x Web to generate access logs.
May 04, 2017
- Vert.x Util (⭐2) - A collection of Vert.x utility methods.
Apr 27, 2017
- HTTP/2 showcase (⭐7) - A simple demo, showing how HTTP/2 can drastically improve user experience when a huge latency is involved.
Mar 13, 2017
- Vert.x Gentics Mesh Example (⭐16) - Example on how to build a template-based web server with Gentics Mesh and handlebars.
Mar 11, 2017
- Vert.x Gradle Starter (⭐10) - Java 8 starter application with example of using Vert.x with Gradle build system, profiles configuration and SLF4J.
Feb 26, 2017
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- VertxUI (⭐117) - A pure Java front-end toolkit with descriptive fluent views-on-models, POJO traffic, JUnit testing on the virtual DOM or mixed-language on a real DOM, and more.
Feb 17, 2017
- Vert.x Starter - A browser-based project starter and project templates for Vert.x applications.
Feb 16, 2017
- Vert.x Dependent Verticle Deployer (⭐6) - A Vert.x Verticle intended to deploy verticles and their dependent verticles.
Jan 30, 2017
- Knot.x (⭐125) - Efficient & high-performance integration platform for modern websites built on Vert.x 3.
Dec 24, 2016
- Vert.x JOLT (⭐4) - JSON to JSON transformation tool based on the original bazaarvoice JOLT project. Helpful to transform different json structure into an expected json format.
Dec 04, 2016
- Vert.x Spring Verticle Factory (⭐7) - A Vert.x Verticle Factory that makes use of Spring to obtain and configure Verticles.
Oct 24, 2016
- Grooveex (⭐14) - Syntactic sugar + utilities (DSL builders, etc.) on top of vertx-lang-groovy (⭐13).
- Vert.x Todo-Backend implementation (⭐5) - Pure Java 8 implementation of the Todo MVC backend. Uses a Vert.x LocalMap for storage.
- Kotlin Todo-Backend implementation (⭐7) - Kotlin implementation of the Todo MVC backend.
- Scala Todo-Backend implementation (⭐1) - Scala implementation of the Todo MVC backend.
- Grooveex Todo-Backend implementation (⭐1) - Todo MVC backend implementation with Vert.x + Groovy + some syntactic sugar + DSL routing facilities.
Oct 15, 2016
- Vert.x for Visual Studio Code (⭐1) - A Visual Studio Code (polyglot) plugin for Vert.x. Also available from the Marketplace.
Oct 04, 2016
- Simple File Server (⭐85) - An OpenStack Swift compatible distributed object storage server that can serve and securely store billions of large and small files using minimal resources implemented using Vert.x.
Oct 03, 2016
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
Aug 26, 2016
- Vert.x Async (⭐12) - Portage of caolan/async nodejs module to Vert.x framework that provides helpers methods for common async patterns.
Aug 13, 2016
Jul 27, 2016
Jul 23, 2016
- Vert.x GraphQL Service Discovery (⭐50) - GraphQL service discovery and querying for your Vert.x microservices.
Jul 12, 2016
- Handlers (⭐10) - Open web framework for Vert.x.
- vertx-rest-storage (⭐19) - Persistence for REST resources in the filesystem or a redis database.
- Jubilee (⭐325) - A rack compatible Ruby HTTP server built on Vert.x 3.
- vertx-pojo-mapper (⭐58) - Non-blocking POJO mapping for MySQL and MongoDB.
- Meteor (⭐17) - Meteor integration support through Vert.x event bus.
- Hawkular metrics (⭐5) - Hawkular implementation of the Vert.x Metrics SPI.
- DropWizard metrics (⭐32) - Metrics implementation using DropWizard metrics.
- Micrometer metrics (⭐44) - Metrics implementation using Micrometer metrics.
- OpenTsDb Metrics (⭐11) - OpenTsDb metrics client for Vert.x.
- Bosun Monitoring (⭐3) - Bosun client library for Vert.x.
- Python (⭐8) - Python support.
- vertx-util (⭐21) - Light weight promises & latches for Vert.x.
Sync Thread Non Block
- Sync (⭐98) - Synchronous but non-OS-thread-blocking verticles.
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- C++11 (⭐16) - C++11 event bus client.
- Java (⭐19) - Java implementation of vertxbus.js.
- Java (⭐20) - Java and Android Event Bus Client.
- CLI (⭐2) - Command-line binary client for Vert.x event bus - pipe in JSON, emit JSON.
- JGroups Cluster Manager (⭐5) - JGroups cluster manager.
- Node.js Service Factory (⭐3) - Vert.x Node.js Service Factory.
- Vert.x Guice (⭐57) - Vert.x verticle factory for Guice dependency injection.
- Vert.x HK2 (⭐30) - Vert.x verticle factory for HK2 dependency injection.
- Spring Vert.x Extension (⭐50) - Vert.x verticle factory for Spring DI injection.
- Vert.x Beans (⭐23) - Inject Vert.x objects as beans into your Spring application.
- Vert.x feeds (⭐125) - Example of an RSS aggregator built using Vert.x, Gradle, MongoDB, Redis, Handlebars templates, AngularJS, the event bus and SockJS.
- Example using event bus and service proxies to connect vertx and node (⭐45) - Step by step example with wiki description showing how to connect Vert.x and Node using event bus and service proxies.
- Vert.x Deploy Application (⭐55) - (Seamless) deploy to AWS based Vert.x application clusters.
- Vert.x POJO config (⭐3) - Allows for mapping between standard JSON configuration and a (type-safe) configuration Java bean. Also allows the configuration bean to be validated through JSR 303.
Jul 11, 2016
- vertx-redisques (⭐13) - A highly scalable redis-persistent queuing system for Vert.x.
Jul 03, 2016
- Vert.x Cron (⭐58) - Schedule events with cron specifications. Has event bus and Observable versions.
Apr 28, 2016
- Eclipse SISU Service Factories (⭐2) - Vert.x integration with Eclipse SISU DI container offering alternatives for
Nov 01, 2015
- Vert.x Child Process (⭐43) - Spawn child process from Vert.x.
Oct 13, 2015
- Vert.x Hot (⭐47) - A Maven plugin for the hot-deploy of Maven Vert.x projects.
Aug 31, 2015
- Kovert (⭐155) - Invisible REST framework for Kotlin + Vert.x Web.
Jul 03, 2015
Jul 01, 2015
- Vert.x Solr Service (⭐4) - Vert.x 3 Solr service with event bus proxying.