Track Awesome Progressive Web Apps Updates Daily
:sunrise: A collection of awesome resources for building progressive web apps
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · 😺 TalAter/awesome-progressive-web-apps · ⭐ 1.5K · 🏷️ Front-End Development
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Nov 24, 2017
- Intro To Progressive Web Apps - This free Udacity course by Google covers intro to PWAs, service workers and web app manifests.
May 10, 2017
- Building Progressive Web Apps - O'Reilly Media - A deep dive into progressive web apps, service workers, push notifications, background sync, IndexedDB, offline first and much more.
- Google Developers - Your First Progressive Web App - A step-by-step guide to building a progressive web apps using the app shell pattern.
Web Share APIs / App Icons
- Introducing the Web Share API - High level introduction to the Web Share API.
- Web Share API explainer (⭐337) - An explanation of the API, along with some examples. Part of the proposal doc.
- Web Share Target API (⭐181) - The proposal for the Web Share Target API, as well as a high level explainer (⭐181).
Awesome Performance / App Icons
- Web Fundamentals - Performance - Google's performance learning portal, containing a wealth of knowledge on optimizing your web apps for perfomance.
- Introducing RAIL: A User-Centric Model For Performance - The seminal introduction to RAIL by the Gang of Pauls.
- Website Performance Optimization - A free Udacity course on optimizing websites for speed.
- Browser Rendering Optimization - A free Udacity course helping you create web apps that maintain jank-free 60fps performance.
- The PRPL Pattern - A new pattern for structuring and serving Progressive Web Apps, with an emphasis on performance.
Nov 23, 2016
Installable Web Apps
- Increasing Engagement with Web App Install Banners - An intro to App Install Banners and making sure Chrome offers your web app to your users.
- Installable Web Apps with the Web App Manifest in Chrome for Android - An introduction to installable Web Apps in Chrome for Android.
Installable Web Apps / App Icons
- RealFaviconGenerator - A great way to generate all the images, favicons, and associated files needed to display your app icon across different browsers.
- Android Asset Studio - Launcher Icon Generator - Generate Android style icons.
Nov 11, 2016
- web-push-libs - A collection of useful libraries for web push in different technologies (Node.js, PHP, Python, etc.)
Aug 21, 2016
- Introducing Background Sync - A gentle introduction to background sync, along with some great videos and code samples.
Aug 19, 2016
- CacheStorage API - API docs, and sample code from Mozilla.
- IndexedDB API - API docs, key concepts, and sample code from Mozilla.
Aug 18, 2016
- Offline Storage for Progressive Web Apps - The current state of offline storage in the browser
Jul 20, 2016
- Can I Use - Service Workers - Up-to-date browser support table of ServiceWorker API.
- Can I Use - Push API - Up-to-date browser support table of Push API.
Jul 19, 2016
- Service Workers W3C Specification - The official service workers spec.
- Is Service Worker ready? - Current status of ServiceWorker support in different browsers.
Jul 17, 2016
- Awesome Service Workers (⭐1.6k) - A curated collection of the finest service worker resources.
- Background Sync Explained (⭐617) - The official "explainer" document for background sync, including one-off synchronization and periodic synchronization.
- Background Sync Spec - The WIP spec for Background Sync.
- Chrome Platform Status - Web Notifications - Implementation status for Chrome and other browsers.
- PWA Dev Summit 2016 codelab - Push Notifications Up-to-date getting started tutorial for Progressive Web App, Push Notifications and service worker basics.
- Using the Push API - An article introducing Push API.
Jul 16, 2016
Sample Progressive Web Apps
Jul 11, 2016
Sample Progressive Web Apps
Jul 10, 2016
- Offline Web Applications Using IndexedDB & Service Worker - This free Udacity course is a must if you're planning to dive deep into service workers.
- Instant Loading: Building offline-first Progressive Web Apps - Google I/O 2016 - A quick dive into the most common technologies and techniques for building progressive web apps.
- Progressive Web Apps (Chrome Dev Summit 2015) - An introduction to progressive web apps by Alex Russell and Andreas Bovens.
- Polymer and Progressive Web Apps: Building on the modern web - Google I/O 2016 - Using Polymer to build progressive web apps.
- Awesome Service Workers (⭐1.6k) - A collection of awesome resources for learning service workers.
- Building the Google I/O 2016 Progressive Web App - Building and launching a progressive web app using web components, Polymer, and material design.
- AliExpress Case Study - AliExpress increases conversion rate for new users by 104% with new progressive web apps.
- eXtra Electronics Case Study - United eXtra Electronics grows eCommerce sales by 100% with Web Push Notifications.
- Jumia Case Study - Push Notifications help Jumia reverse cart abandonment and increase conversions by 9X.
- Konga Case Study - Konga cuts data usage 92% with new Progressive Web App.
- Suumo Case Study - Japan's top real estate site supercharges new listings with web Push Notifications and sees a 31% open rate for notifications.