Track Awesome Open Hardware Updates Daily
🛠Helpful items for making open source hardware projects.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 delftopenhardware/awesome-open-hardware · ⭐ 158 · 🏷️ Hardware
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Jan 21, 2023
- Open Gamma Detector (⭐120) - Hackable, low-cost gamma-ray spectrometer.
Oct 24, 2022
- Open-Source-Rover (⭐7.2k) - A six wheeled, build-it-yourself, open-source rover.
Aug 07, 2022
- RepRap - Humanity's first general-purpose, self-replicating manufacturing machine.
Jun 27, 2022
- Mutable Instruments - Open-source eurorack classics.
- Winterbloom - Open-source eurorack modules, Thea has some stellar design write-ups on her blog.
- Awesome Electronics (⭐4.5k) - A curated list of awesome resources for electronic engineers and hobbyists.
Jun 23, 2022
- Get your open hardware manufactured - Tips by Ian of Dangerous Prototypes.
- Haves and have nots must find a better way: The case for open scientific hardware - Paper by Andre Maia Chagas
- Open Labware: 3-D Printing Your Own Lab Equipment - Paper by Tom Baden, Andre Maia Chagas, Greg Gage, Timothy Marzullo, Lucia L. Prieto-Godino, Thomas Euler
- Kitspace.org - A place to build and share electronics projects.
May 22, 2022
- OpenMV (⭐2k) - Open-source, low-cost machine vision platform.
Jan 28, 2022
- Precious Plastic - Tools to make plastic recycling as simple as possible.
- What is the “Source” of Open Source Hardware? - Paper by Jérémy Bonvoisin, Robert Mies, Jean-François Boujut, Rainer Stark.
- Towards national policy for open source hardware research: The case of Finland - Paper by I. T. S. Heikkinen, H. Savin, J. Partanen, J. SeppäläJ, M. Pearce.
- Open-Source Hardware in Education: A Systematic Mapping Study - Paper by Ruben Heradio, Jesus Chacon, Hector Vargas, Daniel Galan, Jacobo Saenz, Luis De La Torre, Sebastian Dormido.
- Amp hour - Open Hardware and The Creative Economy.
- Semiconductor Insiders - Open Hardware Diversity Alliance.
- Open source hardware podcast - By the Programming Electronics Academy.
- Open Source Guide - A website created by GitHub to help people work on open source projects.
- Open Collective - Enables groups to quickly set up a collective, raise funds and manage them transparently.
- OSHWA Certification - Provides an easy and straightforward way for producers to indicate that their products meet a uniform and well-defined standard for open-source compliance.
Jan 13, 2022
- Biohack Academy - Open-source biotechnological hardware such as Incubator, Thermocycler, Centrifuge, Microscope, etc.
- GaudiLab - Open-source hardware projects for biology laboratories.
- Instructables - Instructables is a place that lets you explore, document, and share your creations.
- Hackaday.io - Hackaday.io is the world's largest collaborative hardware development community.
- Openlifescience - Program to make Open Science ambassadors in research.
- Thingiverse - A platform for sharing and contributing to design hardware for 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling.
- Wikipedia - General information about Open Source Hardware.
- The Journal of Open Hardware - (JOH) is a peer reviewed open access publication for open hardware research and development.
- HardwareX Journal - An open access scientific hardware journal.
Jan 07, 2022
- Arduino - Arduino is an open-source electronics platform.
- Prusa3D - 3D printer manufacturer who shares their work open online.
- Open Source Ecology - Industrial machines made open.
- SafeCast - Environmental measurements for the public domain.
- WikiHouse - Digital designed open housing.
- OpenBCI - Brain computer interface.
- OpenSPIM - Open Access platform for Three-dimensional (3D) microscopy.
- mesoSPIM - Open-source light-sheet microscopes for imaging in cleared tissue.
- openUC2 (⭐342) - Open-source modular microscopy toolbox.
- OpenFlexure - Open-source, 3D-printed microscope, including a precise mechanical stage.
- How Open Hardware will Take Over the World - TEDx talk by Nathan Seidle.
- Revolution of the open hardware - TEDx talk by Bram Geenen.
- Why do open hardware - Talk by Limor Fried (ladyada).
- Open Hardware Projects to Fight COVID-19 - Collection video from N-O-D-E.
- Designing Open Hardware for 21st century science - Presentation by Andre Maia Chagas.
- Why open source hardware is(n't) working - Presentation by David Cuartielles.
- Open source and the future of hardware - Talk by Neil Gershenfeld.
- Emerging Business Models for Open Source Hardware - Paper by Joshua M. Pearce.
- Fosdem - Open Source event online on 5 & 6 February 2022.
- Open Hardware Summit - Annual conference on open hardware on 22 April 2022.
- Maker Faire - A celebration of the Maker Movement, locally organized.
- Open Hardware Repository - For electronics designers at experimental physics facilities to collaborate on open hardware designs.
- Open Hardware Observatory - Free blueprints for sustainable open hardware.
- Hackster.io - Connecting developers where exploring tomorrow starts today.
- Openhardware.io - Tracking amazing open hardware projects.
- Openhardware.science - Make open science hardware ubiquitous by 2025.
- Road to Open Science - Episode on open hardware in the Netherlands.
- Physics Worlds - Episode on the global impact of open hardware.
- Command Line Heroes - Episode Makers unite.
- A-podcast - Open source hardware is the future.
- Building open source hardware - Book by Alicia Gibb, on building open source hardware from 2014.
- Open-source Lab - Book by Josua m. Pearce, how to build your own hardware and reduce costs.
- Free to Make - Book by Dale Dougherty, how the maker movement is chaning our schools, our jobs, and our minds.
- The bridge - Issue of the national academy of engineering on open source hardware.
- Awesome Open Electronics (⭐399) - List with resources for Electronics Enthusiasts.
- Awesome Open (⭐62) - A list of open companies and communities.