Awesome List Updates on Nov 13, 2015
28 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Machine Learning
Matlab / General-Purpose Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (⭐5.6k) - This package contains the matlab implementation of the algorithms described in the book Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning by C. Bishop.
Python / Data Analysis / Data Visualization
- bokeh (⭐17k) - Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- plotly - Collaborative web plotting for Python and matplotlib.
- Blaze (⭐3.1k) - NumPy and Pandas interface to Big Data.
Python / Misc Scripts / iPython Notebooks / Codebases
2. Awesome Cakephp
- CakeResque plugin (⭐160) - A plugin for Resque, a library for creating background jobs.
- Puppet - A server automation framework and application.
- Vagrant - A portable development environment utility.
CMS and applications built on CakePHP
- QuickApps-CMS (⭐163) - Open source content management system.
3. Awesome Material
- react-material (⭐403) — Material design components written with React.js and React Style.
- quantum-colors (⭐40) — Material Design color palette for your Sass projects.
- quantum-shadows (⭐32) — Material Design drop shadows for your Sass projects.
4. Awesome Android Ui
List / Grid
5. Awesome Html5
Elements / Canvas
Development APIs / Cryptography
Development APIs / File
Development APIs / requestIdleCallback
Client side storage / Push Notifications
Performance / Push Notifications
Browser compatibility / WebRTC
Websites and resources / Weekly news
6. Awesome Bigdata
- Apache Flink - high-performance runtime, and automatic program optimization.
- Apache Spark - framework for in-memory cluster computing.
- Apache Storm - framework for stream processing by Twitter also on YARN.
- Apache Samza - stream processing framework, based on Kafka and YARN.
- Apache Tez - application framework for executing a complex DAG (directed acyclic graph) of tasks, built on YARN.
- Pydoop - Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop.
- Quantcast File System QFS - open-source distributed file system.
Key Map Data Model
- Google Cloud Datastore - is a fully managed, schemaless database for storing non-relational data over BigTable.
- Tephra (⭐157) - Transactions for HBase.
Key-value Data Model
- EventStore - distributed time series database.
Graph Data Model
- Apache Spark Bagel - implementation of Pregel, part of Spark.
- ArangoDB - multi model distributed database.
- MapGraph - Massively Parallel Graph processing on GPUs.
- OrientDB - document and graph database.
- Parquet - columnar storage format for Hadoop.
- Vertica - is designed to manage large, fast-growing volumes of data and provide very fast query performance when used for data warehouses.
- CitusDB - scales out PostgreSQL through sharding and replication.
- HandlerSocket - NoSQL plugin for MySQL/MariaDB.
- Apache Drill - framework for interactive analysis, inspired by Dremel.
- Apache Phoenix - SQL skin over HBase.
- Concurrent Lingual - SQL-like query language for Cascading.
- Facebook PrestoDB - distributed SQL query engine.
- SparkSQL - Manipulating Structured Data Using Spark.
- Tajo - distributed data warehouse system on Hadoop.
- Apache Chukwa - data collection system.
- Facebook Scribe (⭐3.9k) - streamed log data aggregator.
- Fluentd - tool to collect events and logs.
- Logstash - a tool for managing events and logs.
- Twitter Elephant Bird (⭐1.1k) - libraries for working with LZOP-compressed data.
- Apache Aurora - is a service scheduler that runs on top of Apache Mesos.
- Apache Falcon - data management framework.
- Schedoscope (⭐95) - Scala DSL for agile scheduling of Hadoop jobs.
- Concurrent Pattern - machine learning library for Cascading.
- ENCOG - machine learning framework that supports a variety of advanced algorithms, as well as support classes to normalize and process data.
- GraphLab Create - A machine learning platform in Python with a broad collection of ML toolkits, data engineering, and deployment tools.
- Imhotep - Large scale analytics platform by indeed.
- PivotalR (⭐117) - R on Pivotal HD / HAWQ and PostgreSQL.
- Qubole - auto-scaling Hadoop cluster, built-in data connectors.
Search engine and framework
- ElasticSearch - Search and analytics engine based on Apache Lucene.
- Google Caffeine - continuous indexing system.
MySQL forks and evolutions
- Percona Server - enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL.
- TokuDB - TokuDB is a storage engine for MySQL and MariaDB.
- LevelDB (⭐31k) - a fast key-value storage library written at Google that provides an ordered mapping from string keys to string values.
- Tableau - business intelligence platform.
- Kibana - visualize logs and time-stamped data
- Plot.ly - Easy-to-use web service that allows for rapid creation of complex charts, from heatmaps to histograms. Upload data to create and style charts with Plotly's online spreadsheet. Fork others' plots.
Internet of things and sensor data
- TempoIQ - Cloud-based sensor analytics.
- Pubnub - Data stream network
8. Es6 Tools
- Square's es6-module-transpiler (⭐1.2k) - ES6 modules to AMD or CJS
- es6_module_transpiler-rails (⭐87) - ES6 Modules in the Rails Asset Pipeline
- Bitovi's transpile (⭐25) - Converts ES6 to AMD, CJS, and StealJS.
Jade plugins / Brunch Plugins
- Traceur: jade-traceur
Code generation / Brunch Plugins
- grunt-init-es6 - scaffold node modules with unit tests, authored in ES6
- Brunch plugin for ES6 module transpilation
Polyfills / Brunch Plugins
- es6-shim (⭐3.1k) - almost all new ES6 methods — from Map, Set, String, Array, Object, Object.is and more.
Parsers / Brunch Plugins
Other / Brunch Plugins
9. Awesome Rails Gem
File Uploading / Omniauth
- Paperclip (⭐9.1k) - Easy file attachment management for ActiveRecord.
10. Awesome Coldfusion
- Adobe ColdFusion Documentation - The Official Adobe ColdFusion docs
11. Awesome Dart
- markdown (⭐348) - Parse markdown into HTML on both the client and server.
- PetitParser (⭐380) - PetitParser combines ideas from scannerless parsing, parser combinators, parsing expression grammars and packrat parsers to model grammars and parsers as objects that can be reconfigured dynamically.
- XML - A lightweight library for parsing, traversing, querying and building XML documents.
- xmlstream - A streaming event-based XML Parser.
- Constrain - Provides a constraint based Validation library inspired by Java Bean Validation but leveraging the superior language capabilities of Dart.
12. Awesome D
- infognition - Infognition is a self-funded and self-sustained company specializing in video processing and compression technologies for end-users and developers. They provide several opensource video related applications & tools written in D, hosted on bitbucket. They are also porting their main product--Video Enchanser from C/C++ to D.
Lexers, Parsers, Parser Generators / Bare metal / kernel development
- ctpg (⭐44) - Compile-Time Parser (with converter) Generator written in D.
Preprocesors / Bare metal / kernel development
- warp (⭐516) - A fast preprocessor for C and C++ used in Facebook infrastructure. Written by Walter Bright.
Database clients / XML
- mysql-native (⭐79) - A MySQL client implemented in native D.
Creation / These sites are good for building a basic framework for the site.
- Colors 🎨
Testing / Before you launch, these are good tools to make sure your site is ready for stardom.
- Browserling - Cross-browser test your website.
- Hurl.it - Make HTTP requests in the browser.
Good Reads / Need something to read in your spare time?
- 1stWebDesign - A good, simple blog on web development and design.
- Mentor - Get random advice from other designers and developers.
14. Awesome Cpp
- C++ Standard Library - A collection of classes and functions, which are written in the core language and part of the C++ ISO Standard itself.
- Standard Template Library - The Standard Template Library (STL).
- C POSIX library - A specification of a C standard library for POSIX systems.
- Cinder - A community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding. [BSD]
- ROOT - A set of OO frameworks with all the functionality needed to handle and analyze large amounts of data in a very efficient way. Used at CERN. [LGPL]
- Wham (⭐93) - Structural variants (SVs) in Genomes by directly applying association tests to BAM files. [MIT]
- Boost.Compute (⭐1.3k) - A C++ GPU Computing Library for OpenCL. [Boost]
- CTest - The CMake test driver program. [BSD]
- Allegro - A cross-platform library mainly aimed for video games and multimedia programming. [zlib]
- Godot (⭐57k) - A fully featured, open source, MIT licensed, game engine. [MIT]
- Sciter - Sciter is an embeddable HTML/CSS/scripting engine aimed to be used as an UI layer of modern desktop applications. [Free/Commercial]
- simple-rpc-cpp (⭐32) - A simple RPC wrapper generator to C/C++ functions. [BSD]
- Minerva (⭐682) - A fast and flexible system for deep learning. [Apache2]
Web Application Framework
- Civetweb (⭐2.3k) - Provides easy to use, powerful, C/C++ embeddable web server with optional CGI, SSL and Lua support. [MIT]
- CompileOnline - Compile and Execute C++ online on Linux.
- Comparison of debuggers - A list of Debuggers from Wikipedia.
- GDB - GNU Debugger.
Integrated Development Environment
- Microsoft Visual Studio - An IDE from Microsoft.
- CMake - Cross-platform free and open-source software for managing the build process of software using a compiler-independent method. [BSD]
- google-styleguide (⭐32k) - Style guides for Google-originated open-source projects.
- Standard C++ ⚡ - News, Status & Discussion about Standard C++.
- Coding For Speed - Coding For Speed DOT COM, Less Execution Time.
15. Awesome Elixir
Algorithms and Data structures
- rendezvous (⭐8) - Implementation of the Rendezvous or Highest Random Weight (HRW) hashing algorithm in Elixir.
Cloud Infrastructure and Management
- sidetask (⭐70) - SideTask is an alternative to Task.Supervisor using Basho's sidejob library with parallelism and capacity limiting.
Examples and funny stuff
- harakiri (⭐19) - Help applications kill themselves.
- crudex (⭐20) - CRUD utilities for Phoenix and Ecto.
- plug_auth (⭐66) - Collection of authentication-related plugs.
- growl (⭐8) - Simple wrapper for growl, the notification system for OSX.
- sshex (⭐150) - Simple SSH helpers for Elixir.
ORM and Datamapping
- boltun (⭐130) - Transforms notifications from the Postgres LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism into callback execution.
- kalecto (⭐142) - Glue between Kalends and Ecto for saving dates, times and datetimes.
- rebar3_hex (⭐91) - Hex.pm plugin for rebar3.
- honeydew (⭐707) - Honeydew is a worker pool library for Elixir.
Third Party APIs
- mixpanel (⭐6) - An Elixir client for the Mixpanel HTTP API.
- fitex (⭐2) - FitEx is a Macro-Module which provides a bit of sugar for function definitions.
16. Awesome Clojurescript
Awesome ClojureScript / HTTP Handler
- Castra (⭐167) – An HTTP remote procedure call handler for Clojure.
Awesome ClojureScript / Reactive Programming
- Javelin (⭐758) – A Functional Reactive Programming library for ClojureScript.
Awesome ClojureScript / State Management
- hodgepodge – A idiomatic ClojureScript interface to HTML5 Storage.
17. Awesome Clojure
Science and Data Analysis
18. Awesome Haskell
- Alex - a lexical analyser generator for Haskell.
- Cabal - a system for building and packaging Haskell libraries and programs.
- GHC - the state-of-the-art optimizing native code compiler for Haskell.
- GHCi - a bytecode interpreter and interactive REPL environment for Haskell.
- Haddock - a tool for automatically generating documentation from annotated Haskell source code.
- Happy - The Parser Generator for Haskell.
- Compilers & Interpreters - Official Website Resources.
- Linguistics and natural language processing - Official Website Resources.
- Editors written in Haskell - Official Website Resources.
- editors for Haskell - Official Website Resources.
- Extended Haskell - Official Website Resources.
Web / Frameworks
- Web Servers - Official Website Resources.
- Web Frameworks - Official Website Resources.
- Cloud - Official Website Resources.
- Deploy - Official Website Resources.
- Libraries - Official Website Resources.
- Testing and Verification - Official Website Resources.
- CMS - Official Website Resources for Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Pandoc - is a library for converting from one markup format to another, and a command-line tool that uses this library.
- Bioinformatics - Official Website Resources.
- Revised report - Haskell 98 Language and Libraries. The Revised Report.
- component (⭐4.6k) - Client package management for building better web applications.
Testing Frameworks / Frameworks
- prova (⭐335) - Node & Browser test runner based on Tape and Browserify
Testing Frameworks / Assertion
- expect.js (⭐2.1k) - Minimalistic BDD-style assertions for Node.JS and the browser.
Testing Frameworks / Runner
- nightwatch (⭐11k) - UI automated testing framework based on node.js and selenium webdriver.
MVC Frameworks and Libraries / Runner
- vue (⭐201k) - Intuitive, fast & composable MVVM for building interactive interfaces.
- canjs (⭐1.9k) - Can do JS, better, faster, easier.
- derby (⭐4.7k) - MVC framework making it easy to write realtime, collaborative applications that run in both Node.js and browsers.
- derby-awesome (⭐14) - A collection of awesome derby components
Data Visualization / Runner
- epoch (⭐5k) - A general purpose real-time charting library.
Editors / Runner
- CodeMirror (⭐26k) - In-browser code editor.
- medium-editor (⭐16k) - Medium.com WYSIWYG editor clone.
Data Structure / Runner
Date / Runner
- ms.js (⭐4.3k) - Tiny millisecond conversion utility.
Code highlighting / Runner
- PrismJS (⭐11k) - Lightweight, robust, elegant syntax highlighting.
Form Widgets / Calendar
- fullcalendar (⭐16k) - Full-sized drag & drop event calendar (jQuery plugin).
Form Widgets / Select
- select2 (⭐25k) - a jQuery based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
Form Widgets / File Uploader
- fine-uploader (⭐8.2k) - Multiple file upload plugin with progress-bar, drag-and-drop, direct-to-S3 uploading.
Podcasts / Other
20. Awesome Aws
SDKs and Samples / Android SDK
SDKs and Samples / iOS SDK
SDKs and Samples / Java SDK
SDKs and Samples / .NET SDK
IDE Toolkits / Eclipse Toolkit
IDE Toolkits / Visual Studio Toolkit
Guides, Books, Documentation, and Training / Documentation
Social / LinkedIn Groups
21. Awesome Jvm
Memory and concurrency
- JCTools - Concurrent data structures currently missing from the JDK.
- Apache Calcite - Dynamic data management framework and SQL parser plugin.
- Graal - New experimental just-in-time compiler for Java that is integrated with the HotSpot virtual machine.
- likwid (⭐1.3k) - Read hardware performance counters on Intel and AMD processors.
- jHiccup - jHiccup is an open source tool designed to measure the pauses and stalls associated with an application’s underlying Java runtime platform.
- Zing - The only JVM that eliminates Java garbage collection pauses for large heap sizes.
- Zulu - The only certified multi-platform build of OpenJDK: Free, 100% open source Java.
- Coordinated Omission problem - Discussion on Mechanical Sympathy.
- The Illusion of Execution - Nitsan Wakart.
- Mythbusting Modern Hardware to Gain 'Mechanical Sympathy' - Martin Thompson.
- Designing for Performance - Martin Thompson.
22. Awesome Android
- AChartEngine (⭐740) - Charting Engine.
- Butter Knife - View "injection" library for Android.
GUI / Navigation
- Page View indicator (⭐10k) - Support for horizontally scrolling ViewPager.
JSON / Field Validation
- Gson (⭐22k) - Gson is a Java library used for serializing and deserializing Java objects from and into JSON.
Networking / Field Validation
- IceNet (⭐61) - Fast, Simple and Easy Networking for Android
Testing / ORM
- Robotium (⭐2.8k) - Test automation framework for black-box UI tests.
Groovy / Custom Dialog
- Groovy Language Support for Android (⭐855) - Gradle Plugin for Compiling Groovy for Android.
23. Awesome Linux Containers
Security / Tools
- CoreOS Clair
Open Source Vulnerability Analysis for your Containers.
24. Awesome Sketch
Plugins / Nice-to-have 👍
Ask these people anything!
- Anthony Ramella (⭐1) - I went from zero to hired web developer in 5 months. I blog about my experiences learning code and working as a junior developer.
26. Awesome Fuse
- Newsletter - Fuse Weekly is a weekly curated publication full of interesting news and articles.
- Bash Completion (⭐5) - Simple bash completion script for UNO.
- Visual Studio Code (⭐40) - Fuse Helper for Visual Studio Code.
27. Awesome Rust
Libraries / Geospatial
- Georust — geospatial tools and libraries written in Rust
28. Awesome Angular
TypeScript General Resources / Components
- DefinitelyTyped Repository (GitHub) (⭐41k) The repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions.
TypeScript Seed Projects / Components