Awesome List Updates on Oct 16, 2016
7 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Dotnet
- HttpClientGoodies (⭐64) - utilities for working with
- RawRabbit (⭐737) - A modern .NET Core library for RabbitMQ.
2. Awesome Qt
- Any list item with an OctoCat 🐙 has a GitHub repo or organization; click on it to see the source code!
- List items with this 📦 icon have source code hosted elsewhere.
- Official Website - The official website for the Qt framework.
- Qt Documentation - Official Qt documentation. Massive and comprehensive.
- Qt Bug Tracker - If you think you've found a bug with Qt or one of its related projects, report it here (or see if someone else already has).
- Qt Code Review - See how the Qt maintainers ensure their code is well-written.
Communities / Official
- Qt Forum - If e-mail's not your thing, then you might also consider getting help or sharing knowledge on the forums.
- Qt Wiki - The premier source for user-contributed Qt knowledge.
Communities / Unofficial
Software that Uses Qt / New Functionality
- Qt Creator 🐙 (⭐1.9k) - Something something eating your own dog food. Listed in the official tools, but not listing it here doesn't feel right.
- CMake 🐙 (⭐5.2k) - The closest thing to a standard C++ build system out there. The bundled GUI uses Qt.
- Doxygen 🐙 (⭐4.4k) - The most popular documentation generator for C++, though it supports other languages as well. The bundled GUI uses Qt.
- Tiled 🐙 (⭐9.2k) - Perhaps the world's most popular tilemap editor. Suitable for level design in games.
Tools / Official Tools
- Qt Linguist 🐙 (⭐125) - Qt provides excellent internationalization/localization support, and this tool is very much responsible for it. Write translatable strings in your code with special macros, and this tool will aggregate them all for you so you or your translator(s) can broaden your software's audience.
- Emulator - Don't forget about Qt's mobile support!
Tools / Third-Party Tools
- GammaRay 🐙 (⭐1.3k) - Powerful debugger and general inspection tool for Qt-built software. Lets you inspect and manipulate the
QObjecthierarchy, view object properties, edit widgets at runtime, and far, far more. A two-sentence blurb can't do it justice, seriously check it out.
Bindings in Other Languages / Third-Party Tools
3. Awesome Linux Containers
- Nulecule Specification (⭐104)
Nulecule defines a pattern and model for packaging complex multi-container applications and services, referencing all their dependencies, including orchestration metadata in a container image for building, deploying, monitoring, and active management.
Rancher is a complete, open source platform for deploying and managing containers in production. It includes commercially-supported distributions of Kubernetes, Mesos, and Docker Swarm, making it easy to run containerized applications on any infrastructure.
- Docker Swarm
Docker Swarm is native clustering for Docker.
- Azure Container Service
Azure Container Service optimizes the configuration of popular open source tools and technologies specifically for Azure.
A lightweight Linux operating system designed for clustered deployments providing automation, security, and scalability for your most critical applications.
RancherOS is a tiny Linux distro that runs the entire OS as Docker containers.
- Project Atomic
Project Atomic provides the best platform for your Linux Docker Kubernetes (LDK) application stack. Use immutable infrastructure to deploy and scale your containerized applications.
- Snappy Ubuntu Core
Ubuntu Core is the perfect system for large-scale cloud container deployments, bringing transactional updates to the world’s favourite container platform.
A host OS tailored for containers, designed for reliability, proven in production.
- Photon (⭐2.8k)
Photon OS is a minimal Linux container host designed to have a small footprint and tuned for VMware platforms. Photon is intended to invite collaboration around running containerized and Linux applications in a virtualized environment.
- Clear Linux Project
The Clear Linux Project for Intel Architecture is a distribution built for various Cloud use cases.
CargOS is a new lightweight, open source, platform for Docker hosts that aims for speed, manageability and security. Releases are built for 64-bit Intel/AMD CPUs.
OSv is the open source operating system designed for the cloud. Built from the ground up for effortless deployment and management, with superior performance.
- udocker (⭐1.1k)
A basic user tool to execute simple containers in batch or interactive systems without root privileges.
- Let Me Contain That For You (⭐3.4k)
LMCTFY is the open source version of Google’s container stack, which provides Linux application containers.
- cc-oci-runtime (⭐416)
Intel Clear Linux OCI (Open Containers Initiative) compatible runtime.
- The Twelve-Factor App
The twelve-factor app is a methodology for building software-as-a-service apps.
- Container Best Practices
A collaborative project to document container-based application architecture, creation and management from Project Atomic.
Security / Tools
- drydock (⭐63)
Drydock provides a flexible way of assessing the security of your Docker daemon configuration and containers using editable audit templates.
4. Awesome Ledger
- FLOSS Weekly 150 - Interview with the developer.
- FLOSS Weekly 375 - Interview about an alternative implementation.
6. Awesome Laravel
Popular Packages / Utilities
- Laravel Auditing (⭐2.4k) - Audit for Eloquent models
7. Awesome Research
Forums and Q&A's / HTML+CSS+JS
- Biostars: StackOverflow style Q&A site for bioinformatics.
- NeuroStars: StackOverflow style Q&A site for neuroinformatics.