Awesome List Updates on Jan 24, 2017
8 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Less
UI/Theme Frameworks and Components
- 1pxdeep - Brings designing by relative visual weight, or designing with color schemes, to Bootstrap.
- Ant Design (⭐82k) - An enterprise-class UI design language and React-based implementation.
- Bootstrap a11y theme (⭐31) - Makes web accessibility easier for Bootstrap developers.
- Bootswatch - Collection of free themes for Bootstrap.
- Cardinal - Small "mobile first" CSS framework for front-end developers who build responsive web applications.
- CSSHórus (⭐71) - Library for development of responsive and mobile websites.
- Flat UI Free - Theme and framework for Bootstrap.
- JBST - Theme framework that can be used as a standalone website builder or to create WordPress themes.
- Less Rails (⭐340) - Less for Rails.
- Metro UI CSS - Set of styles to create a site with an interface similar to Windows 8.
- Schema - Light, responsive, and lean frontend UI framework.
- Semantic UI - UI component framework based around useful principles from natural language.
- UIkit - Lightweight and modular front-end framework for developing web interfaces.
- Wee - Lightweight front-end framework for logically building complex, responsive web projects.
Libraries and Mixins / Grid
- Flexible Grid System - This framework will let you create your web applications in a flexible way that you've never experienced before.
- Fluidable - Fluidable is a mobile first, responsive grid system. It is standalone, lightweight & built using Less.
- Grid System (⭐7) - Super-easy to use, markup-independent grid system.
- Order.Less (⭐21) - Baseline alignment, column grids and modular scales.
Libraries and Mixins / Media Queries
- Media Query to Type (⭐10) - A method for creating an IE specific stylesheet that allows the content of media queries to become accessible to Internet Explorer 8 and below.
Libraries and Mixins / Color
- More-Colors - Variables for easier color manipulation while you design in the browser.
Libraries and Mixins / Animation
- Animate (⭐45) - A library of CSS3 keyframe animations authored using Less.
- Cube Less (⭐53) - 3D (animated) cube using only CSS (Less), originally used by LeanCloud (aka. AVOS Cloud).
Libraries and Mixins / Miscellaneous
- 3L - Mixins library.
- Bidi (⭐13) - Set of mixins for creating bi-directional styling.
- Clearless - Collection of mixins.
- Css3LessPlease - Conversion of css3please.com to Less mixins.
- CssEffects - Collection of CSS style effects.
- Cssowl - Mixin library.
- Est (⭐397) - Mixin library.
- Hexagon - Generate CSS hexagons with custom size and color.
- Homeless - Helpful functions.
- Lesshat (⭐2.2k) - Smart mixins library.
- Lessley - A jasmine like testing suite written in pure Less.
- Lessmore (⭐5) - Mixins library. Cross-browser support for the CSS3 features and more.
- Oban - Collection of mixins.
- Preboot (⭐1.7k) - Collection of mixins and variables for writing better CSS.
- Shape (⭐36) - Collection of mixins for various shapes.
- TRRtoolbelt (⭐2) - Mixins and functions for common actions.
Ports of Less / Java
- JLessC (⭐50) - Less compiler written completely in Java.
- Less4j (⭐141) - Native Java implementation.
- Lesscss (⭐11) - Runs Less using Rhino, Nasshorn or node.js engine; 1.7.0 compliant.
- Lesscss Gradle Plugin (⭐10) - Gradle plugin based on Less.
Ports of Less / .Net
- BundleTransformer.Less - Compiler written in .Net.
- Less CSS for .Net - Compiler written in .Net.
Ports of Less / PHP
- Lessphp - Compiler written in PHP.
- Less.php - PHP port.
Ports of Less / Python
- Pyhton Compiler (⭐141) - Compiler written in Python.
Ports of Less / Ruby
- Ruby Compiler (⭐118) - Less in Ruby's V8 Engine.
Ports of Less / Go
GUIs, Editors and Plugins / Go
- Atom Linter (⭐11) - Linter plugin in the Atom text editor.
- CSS 2 Convert - Quick way to automatically convert CSS to Less, easy as copy and paste.
- CSS Less(ish) (⭐49) - Sublime Text 2 & 3 plugin that implements a stripped down version of the functionality in css preprocessors (such as Less).
- Crunch 2! - Crunch 2 is a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux) editor with integrated compiling. If you work with large Less projects, you should definitely try it out, as you only need the free version for Less files.
- Eclipse Less Plugin - This plugin extends the Eclipse IDE by providing handy features to edit and compile Less stylesheets.
- Eclipse Transpiler Plugin (⭐21) - Eclipse plugin to automatically transpile your files (Less, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc.).
- Emacs (⭐101) - Emacs mode with support for compile-on-save.
- Grunt Contrib (⭐679) - Compile Less files to CSS using Grunt.
- Grunt Lint (⭐77) - Lint your Less files using CSS Lint from Grunt.
- Gulp Less (⭐567) - Plugin for Gulp.
- Hayaky (⭐970) - Hayaku is a bundle of useful scripts aiming for rapid front-end web development.
- Hyra Helper (⭐27) - CakePHP plugin that converts your Less files to CSS using only PHP.
- Koala - Koala is a cross-platform GUI application for compiling Less, sass and coffeescript.
- Less for Notepad++ (⭐71) - Syntax Highlighting for Notepad++.
- Less Sublime (⭐502) - Syntax highlighting for Sublime Text.
- Lesshint (⭐118) - Tool to aid you in writing clean and consistent Less.
- LiveReload - CSS edits and image changes apply live. CoffeeScript, SASS, Less and others just work.
- SimpleLess - SimpleLess is a minimalistic Less compiler. Just drag, drop and compile.
- Sublime Less2CSS (⭐207) - Sublime Text 2 Plugin to compile Less files to css on save.
- SublimeOnSaveBuild (⭐231) - Trigger a build the moment you save a file in Sublime Text 2. Works best with web projects that make use of Less, Compass and any other pre-processor or a makefile.
- Vim Less (⭐608) - This vim bundle adds syntax highlighting, indenting and autocompletion.
- Winless - WinLess started out as a clone of Less.app, it takes a more feature-complete approach and has several settings. It also supports starting with command line arguments.
Online Less Compilers / Go
- BeautifyTools Less Compiler - Online Less compiler with optional formatting and minification at BeautifyTools.
- EstFiddle - Online Less compiler providing live demo for Less and est. Allowing users to switch among all versions of Less after 1.4.0 with optional est/Autoprefixer functionalities.
- Less2CSS - Online Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that is hosted in a browser allowing users to edit and compile Less to CSS in real-time.
- Lesstester - Online compiler for Less CSS.
- Precess - A real time preprocesser compiler.
- Winless - This Online Less Compiler can help you to learn Less. You can go through the examples below or try your own Less code.
Online Web IDEs/Playgrounds with Less support / Go
- CodePen - CodePen is a playground for the front end side of the web..
- CSSDeck Labs - CSSDeck Labs is a place where you can quickly create some experiments (or testcases) that involves HTML, CSS, JS code.
- Fiddle Salad - An online playground with an instantly ready coding environment.
- JsFiddle - Online Web Editor.
Translations / Go
Articles / Go
Articles / Books
Videos / Books
Experiments / Books
Community / Books
2. Awesome Remote Job
- Angel List - Startup Jobs. Search by going to Job Type, and selecting "Remote OK".
- Hasjob – Location filter -> "Anywhere/Remote"
- HigherEdJobs has remote type filter.
- HN hiring – Filter REMOTE.
- No Fluff Jobs – Filter -> “remote”
- Nomad House - Global network of nomad housing
- Work From Curacao - Coliving space in Curacao
- Worldpackers - Housing/work exchange
Companies with "remote DNA"
- Elastic - Open source search & analytics
- Gigster - vetted network of top 5% freelancers worldwide. PM, Dev, Sales positions available.
- Chegg Tutor: Online tutoring jobs starting at $20+/hour
- Remote.co: Q&A's with 90+ Remote Companies
- /r/telecommuting - Subreddit.
Tools / Communication
- Fleep - Internal chat and collaboration tool for development teams
- Flowdock – Browser-based group chat for teams. Integrates with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins etc.
- IRCCloud – Browser-based IRC client with permanent storage.
- Precursor - Simple prototyping & brainstorming web app with real-time collaboration.
- PukkaTeam - Real team presence through regular automated selfies and one-click video calling
- Talky — Truly simple video chat and screen sharing for groups
- Zoom — High-quality group video and sharing screen, run on linux, record session and support telephone calls.
Tools / Project Management
- Asana - Project management good for distributed teams.
Tools / Others
- Coffitivity - Coffitivity recreates the ambient sounds of a cafe to boost your creativity and help you work better.
- Teleport Sundial - Manage the locations and timezones of your distributed team.
Others / Others
- LiquidSpace - Daily & Hourly Office & Meeting Room Rental.
- Nomad List - Compare cost and quality of living in different cities.
- WorkFrom - Find coffee shops that are good to work from.
3. Awesome Fuse
- Fuse Input Validation (⭐1) - Reusable and highly functional input validation methods in Fuse components
4. Awesome Aws
Open Source Repos / Machine Learning
- machine-learning-samples 🔥🔥🔥 (⭐858) - Sample apps.
5. Awesome Decentralized
- Dat desktop app (⭐646): Decentralized data tool for distributing data small and large.
- Neocities: Geocities-style websites, but decentralized.
- ZeroNet: Open, free and uncensorable websites, using Bitcoin cryptography and BitTorrent network. Uncensored, no hosting costs, always accessible.
6. Awesome Fp Js
Libraries / Lenses
7. Awesome Macos Screensavers
iOS Lockscreen for macOS
A screensaver that looks like the lockscreen on iPhone and iPad.
8. Engineering Blogs
Companies / P companies
- PubNub: https://www.pubnub.com/blog/
Companies / W companies
- Wombat Security Technologies http://development.wombatsecurity.com/