Awesome List Updates on Oct 11, 2017
23 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Coins
☤ Reading Material
- r/CryptoCurrency — Official subreddit about crypto-currencies and crypto-assets.
2. Awesome Jvm
- Eclipse OpenJ9 (⭐3k) - Eclipse OpenJ9.
3. Citizen Science
Software / Publishing , Collaboration and Organization
- RapidPro (⭐831) - An open-source platform for building scalable applications that users can interact with via SMS.
Literature / Citizen Science Practice
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Lead - Another simple DIY lead testing procedure.
4. Awesome Ruby
- connection_pool (⭐1.6k) - Generic connection pooling for Ruby, that can be used with anything, e.g. Redis, Dalli, etc.
5. Awesome Bigdata
- AthenaX (⭐1.2k) - a streaming analytics platform that enables users to run production-quality, large scale streaming analytics using Structured Query Language (SQL).
R for Data Science [Online] Free
Learn how to use R to turn raw data into insight, knowledge, and understanding. This book introduces you to R, RStudio, and the tidyverse, a collection of R packages designed to work together to make data science fast, fluent, and fun. Suitable for readers with no previous programming experience, R for Data Science is designed to get you doing data science as quickly as possible.
7. Awesome Mastodon
- Last - Aggregate toots on a web page providing Atom feed and an epub (Perl).
8. Awesome Speaking
- How To Get Speaking Engagements - by Sam Jarman
9. Awesome Regression Testing
Slideshows, talks and videos
- Visual Regression Testing with Shoov - How to setup shoov and get your first test written.
- Visual Regression Testing with PhantomCSS - Talk by Jon Bellah on how to use PhantomCSS during wordpress development.
- Visual Regression Testing: Sanity Checks With BackstopJS - Screencast with code demo and best practices.
- Screenster Tutorial - Tutorial on how to create visual automated tests with Screenster.
- Look-alike - visual regression testing tool - Demo what the Look-alike Chrome extension is, how it works and how and why it was build.
- Screencast on CSS critic - a lightweight testing framework for CSS - How to write your first CSS test with CSS critic, make it pass, break it, and make it pass again.
10. Awesome Vehicle Security
- A Survey of Remote Automotive Attack Surfaces - Black Hat talk By Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek. Automotive security concerns have gone from the fringe to the mainstream with security researchers showing the susceptibility of the modern vehicle to local and remote attacks. Discussion of vehicle attack surfaces. 2014.
11. Awesome Creative Coding
Visual Programming Languages
- XOD [Cross-platform] - Open source visual programming language and environment for microcontroller-based projects.
12. Awesome Remote Job
Tools / Communication
- Rocket.Chat — The Ultimate Open Source WebChat Platform.
13. Awesome Hacking Locations
Portugal 🇵🇹 / Lisbon
Well lit, great croissants.
|✔||✔||❄️/♨️||Av. Joao XXI Lisboa||Mon-Sat 7:30AM:8PM|
Quiet and friendly staff. A bit on the pricey $$ side though.
|✔||✔||❄️/♨️||Largo Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro 29 R/C Lisboa||Mon-Wed 12-11pm & Thu-Sun 12pm-12am|
United States 🇺🇸 / Illinois
Great coffee and usually has available seating. Wifi is bad.
|(✔)||✔||✔||413 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401||Mon-Fri 7:30-18:00, Sat 8:00-18:00, Sun closed|
United States 🇺🇸 / Massachusetts
Same good food as Bloc 11 and Forge, larger, more industrial, busy but always a space, standing desks at back, lots of resident coders. Acid coffee.
|paying||✔||✔||257 Elm St, Somerville, MA 02144||Mon-Fri 06:00-23:00, Sat-Sun 07:00-23:00|
- Contact @richlitt for wifi password if needed.
- You get 45m of free wifi per day. More if you know what you're doing ;) (but $14/mo for wifi is worth it if you hack there often)
- Using IPFS will get you kicked off their network in ~2hr (FYI).
14. Awesome Open Source Supporters
- Greenkeeper - Automated dependency management for NPM packages (on GitHub).
- Tor Browser (⭐450) - Free software for enabling anonymous communication. It prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
16. Awesome Dotnet Core
Community / Workflow
17. Awesome Dotnet
- SystemWrapper (⭐169) - SystemWrapper is .NET library for easier testing of system APIs.
18. Awesome Ava
19. Awesome Electron
Closed Source / Other
- Twitch - Official Twitch app.
Books / Other
20. Awesome Vulkan
- Introduction to Computer Graphics and the Vulkan API by Kenwright - Introduce the reader to the exciting topic of computer graphics from a grounds-up practical perspective with the Vulkan API.
21. Awesome Security
Endpoint / Mobile / Android / iOS
- OSX Security Awesome (⭐681) - A collection of OSX and iOS security resources
Usability / Development
- Usable Security Course - Usable Security course at coursera. Quite good for those looking for how security and usability intersects.
JsLadies BR - Loc: - Lang: PT-BR only
General / UX
Ada Lovelace Day, a yearly holiday held on the second Tuesday in the month of October, is an international holiday to celebrate women in STEM fields. It is a day to celebrate contributions made in STEM fields by women, and to encourage other women to pursue those fields by raising awareness of those contributions. There is a main event, held in London, England, but anyone can celebrate ALD by organizing an event or sharing their own story online.
23. Awesome Ssh
Apps / SSH agent
- sshecret (⭐58) - Automatically create and manage multiple agents for multiple keys.