Awesome List Updates on Apr 17, 2018
12 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome C
- CMake - Tools for cross-platform building, testing, and packaging.
- Jam - Build system, designed to be easier than make. Understands C build rules implicitly.
- qmake - Build system included with the Qt Framework.
GNU GPL3 with Qt Exception
- PCC - Venerable C compiler. Supports C99.
Various free licenses
- TCC - Tiny C Compiler; a small, fast C compiler. Supports C99 (except complex types).
- lzo - Very fast data compression library.
- snappy (⭐5.4k) - Fast compression library (implementation in C++, native bindings to C).
- brotli (⭐12k) - Generic lossless compression algorithm based on LZ77, Huffman coding and 2nd order context modelling
Networking and Internet / Language Standards
- GnuTLS - Secure communication library, implementing SSL, TLS and DTLS.
GNU LGPL2.1 or later
- OpenSSL - Implementation of the SSL and TLS protocols, and also includes a cryptography library.
Dual Licensed under the OpenSSL License and the SSLeay License
- http-parser (⭐6.1k) - HTTP request/response parser.
- libcurl - Client-side URL transfer library, supporting a wide range of formats.
- libmicrohttpd - Small C library that makes it easy to run an HTTP server as part of another application.
GNU LGPL2.1 or later
- libvldmail (⭐47) - Your friendly e-mail address validation library.
- nanomsg (⭐5.5k) - C-based implementation of ZeroMQ.
- oSip - SIP implementation in C without additional dependencies.
GNU LGPLv2.1 or later
- pig (⭐426) - Linux packet crafting tool.
- socket99 (⭐134) - C99 wrapper for the BSD sockets API.
- twitc (⭐25) - Mini C library for interacting with the Twitter OAuth API.
- dyad (⭐1.4k) - Asynchronous networking library.
- libressl - Modernized fork of OpenSSL.
- PostgreSQL - Powerful object-relational database system.
- UnQLite - Self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional NoSQL engine with a C interface.
- Cxref - Generates documentation of C programs in either LaTeX, HTML, RTF or SGML.
- GTK-Doc - Tool for generating C documentation from annotated sources. Has support for the Autotools.
GNU GPL2.1 (code)or
- Anjuta DevStudio - The GNOME IDE.
- CodeLite - Cross-platform IDE.
- Geany - Very small and fast IDE.
GNU GPL2.1 or later
- KDevelop - The KDE IDE.
- ChibiOS - RTOS with complete development environment (HAL, drivers, support files, and tools).
- Cygwin - Designed to emulate a POSIX-compatible environment extensively under Windows.
- MinGW-w64 - Minimalist environment for C development on Windows with 64 bit support.
- CPL - The Common Pipeline Library; a set of libraries designed to be a comprehensive, efficient and robust software toolkit.
- GLib - Library of utility functions and structures, designed to be portable, efficient and powerful.
- GIO - Modern and easy-to-use VFS API.
- GObject - Object-oriented system and object model for C.
- libnih (⭐80) - Lightweight library of C functions and structures.
- PBL - Large library of utilities, featuring data structures, among other things.
GNU LGPL2.1 or later (library)or
GNU GPL2.1 or later (test code)
- stb (⭐20k) - Range of single-file libraries for C.
- Corange (⭐1.6k) - Game engine in pure C.
- Darkplaces - Modified version of the Quake2 engine.
- Quake (⭐3.8k) - The Quake engine.
- Quake2 (⭐2.2k) - The Quake2 engine.
- Clutter - UI library based on OpenGL.
- heman (⭐446) - Tiny library of image utilities dealing with height maps, normal maps, distance fields and the like.
- libcaca (⭐427) - ASCII renderer for terminal-based interfaces.
- libimagequant - Small, portable library for high-quality conversion of RGBA images to 8-bit indexed colour images.
- libjpeg-turbo - Faster library for reading and writing JPEG files.
- libpng - The official PNG reference library.
Graphical User Interface
- GTK+ - Cross-platform widget toolkit.
- Tk - Basic widget toolkit. Part of Tcl/Tk.
- XForms Toolkit - Widget toolkit designed for the XWindow system.
- nuklear (⭐13k) - Single-header ANSI C gui library.
- libui (⭐10k) - Simple and portable (but not inflexible) GUI library.
- libcrc (⭐360) - Multi platform CRC library.
- murmur (⭐2.1k) - C implementation of MurMur Hashing.
- json-c (⭐2.5k) - Library for working with JSON.
- parson (⭐1.1k) - Lightweight JSON library written in C.
Intermediate / Language Standards
Macros / Language Standards
- P99 - Suite of macros to implement advanced features like default function arguments, scope-bound resources, etc. (Requires C99)
Q Public License
Memory Allocators / Language Standards
- dlmalloc - Doug Lea's malloc(3) implementation, useful for academic and research purposes.
Multimedia / Language Standards
- FFMPEG - Complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
GNU LGPL2.1 or lateror
GNU GPL2.1 or later (some parts)
- GStreamer - Framework for audio and visual media.
- libsoup - GNOME HTTP client/server library. Uses GObject.
Numerical / Language Standards
- BLAS - Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms; a set of routines that provide vector and matrix operations.
- FFTW - The Fastest Fourier Transform in the West; a highly-optimized fast Fourier transform routine.
GNU GPL2.1 or later
- FLINT - Fast Library for Number Theory; a library supporting arithmetic with numbers, polynomials, power series and matrices, among others.
GNU GPL2.1 or later
- PARI/GP - Computer algebra system for number theory; includes a compiler to C.
GNU GPL2.1 or later
Parallel Programming / Language Standards
- cchan - Small library for channel constructs for inter-thread communication.
- MPICH - Another implementation of MPI.
- pthreads - The POSIX thread library.
- TinyCThread - Portable, small implementation of the C11 threads API.
Parsers / Language Standards
- hammer (⭐267) - Parser combinators for binary formats.
- iniparser (⭐829) - Parser for
- mpc (⭐2.4k) - Parser combinator library.
- libucl (⭐1.5k) - Universal configuration library parser.
Regex / Language Standards
- SLRE (⭐499) - Super Light Regular Expression library; a very small implementation of a subset of Perl regex syntax.
- TRE (⭐690) - POSIX-compliant, feature-full regex library.
Serialization / Language Standards
- c-capnproto (⭐67) - Implementation of the Cap'n Proto serialization protocol.
- cmp (⭐286) - Implementation of the MessagePack serialization protocol.
- mpack (⭐406) - Another implementation of the MessagePack serialization protocol.
- netstring-c (⭐4) - Netstring encoder and decoder.
- protobuf-c (⭐2.2k) - Implementation of Google Protocol Buffer in C.
- xdr - External Data Representation; a standard for data serialization.
Source Code Collections / Language Standards
- CCAN - Modelled after Perl's CPAN, this is a big collection of C code that does stuff. The full list is here.
- clib (⭐4.4k) - Something of a package manager for C. Comes with a bunch of libraries of its own (⭐4.4k).
- gnulib - Collection of common GNU code.
- libdjb - Collection of libraries doing various things.
(Apparently) Public Domain
Standard Libraries / Language Standards
- dietlibc - C standard library designed for the smallest possible binaries.
- glibc - The GNU C Library; an implementation of the C standard library.
String Manipulation / Language Standards
- ICU - International Components for Unicode; a library for Unicode support.
- SDS (⭐4k) - Simple Dynamic Strings; a library for handling C strings in a simpler way, but one that is compatible with normal C string functions. Available via clib (⭐4.4k).
Testing / Language Standards
- CUnit - Another unit testing framework for C.
- Cutest (⭐18) - Library for unit testing with memory leak detection (Linux, freeBSD and Windows).
- minunit (⭐441) - Minimal unit testing framework for C.
Atom / Language Standards
- linter-clang (⭐56) - Lint C code in Atom, using Clang.
- linter-gcc (⭐71) - Lint C code in Atom, using GCC.
Vim / Language Standards
- Syntastic (⭐11k) - Syntax checking and linting.
Do What The Fuck You Want To license
Tools / Language Standards
- c (⭐2k) - Compile and execute C "scripts" in one go on the command line. Also has shebang support.
- c99sh (⭐101) - Run C files using hash-bang.
- cdecl - Online service to translate C declarations into English and vice versa.
- cinclude2dot - Graphs include dependencies in a C project using Graphviz.
Any GNU GPL version (due to underspecification in the file)
- Glade - RAD tool to enable quick development of GTK+ GUIs.
- tup - Very fast, file-based, cross-platform build system.
- Valgrind - Range of dynamic analysis tools, including a leak checker.
Utilities / Language Standards
- ApeTagLibs (⭐13) - C library for working with APEv2 tags.
- CException (⭐251) - C implementation of exceptions.
- docopt.c (⭐311) - C implementation of a command-line option parser.
- FANN - Fast Artifical Neural Network library; an implementation of neural networks.
- Firm - C library that provides a graph-based intermediate representation, optimizations and assembly code generation suitable for use in compilers. Comes with an example C front-end under the same license.
- huffandpuff (⭐89) - Minimal Huffman encoder and decoder.
- libffi (⭐2.6k) - Portable foreign-function interface library.
- libimobiledevice (⭐5.2k) - Cross-platform protocol library to communicate with iThings.
GNU LGPLv2.1 or later (library)or
GNU GPL2.1 or later (tools)
- nope.c (⭐693) - C-language-based, ultra-light software platform for scalable server-side and networking applications (think node.js for C programmers).
- pbc (⭐1.6k) - Protocol buffers library.
- Ragel - DSL for state machines that compiles to C.
- uthash - Hash table implementation, allowing existing structures to be stored in a hash table easily.
- libelf (⭐33) - ELF object file access library in C.
- mcpp - Portable C preprocessor.
- Capstone (⭐6k) - Dissasembly/disassembler framework.
XML / Language Standards
2. Awesome Decentralized
- AKASHA: A Next-Generation Social Media Network. Powered by the Ethereum world computer. Embedded into the Inter-Planetary File System.
- Patchwork (⭐3.6k): Decentralized messaging and sharing app built on top of Secure Scuttlebutt (SSB). Another alternative interface is Patchbay (⭐381).
- Syncthing-GTK (⭐1.2k): GUI for Syncthing - a continuous file synchronization program.
3. Awesome Sre
4. Awesome React Native
5. Awesome Wagtail
Community / Lists
- Wagtail’s first hatch – Kickstarter campaign to accelerate the development of Wagtail.
6. Awesome Hacking Locations
Turkey 🇹🇷 / Istanbul
Boreal Coffee Shop - Talacker
Very nice coffee, spacious, good tables to work and a bunch of couches.
|✔||Some plugs||Talacker 41 CH-8001 Zürich||Mon - Fri: 07:00 - 19:00 Sat - Sun: 09:00 - 19:00|
7. Awesome Dev Fun
- Cat Facts (⭐8) - Adds random cat facts to HTTP response headers. 🐈
8. Awesome Cmake
Examples / Templates
- cpp14-project-template (⭐62) - A C++14 template with CI, tests, code coverage, docs and static analysis integration.
9. Awesome Dotnet Core
Podcasts / Workflow
10. Awesome Groovy
IDE and Editor Support
- Sublime Text 2/3 - Run groovy scripts from Sublime Text
- Micronaut - A brand new microservices framework created by the Grails team
- Effigy (⭐6) - Groovy annotation-driven JDBC row mapping framework (abandoned)
- HTTP Builder NG (⭐178) - HTTP Builder NG is a modern Groovy DSL for making http requests.
- HTTP Builder NG Gradle Plugin (⭐30) - Gradle plugin providing HTTP Builder NG support in a Gradle build configuration.
- Ersatz Mock Server (⭐44) - A simple and expressive simulated HTTP server for testing client code with configurable responses.
File Format DSL
- GroovyCSV - A simple CSV parsing library for groovy
Blogs of core committer
11. Awesome Markdown
CMS / Blogs
- Hexo - A fast, simple & powerful blog framework
12. Awesome Osint
Mind Mapping, Concept Mapping and Idea Generation Tools / Telegram
- Prev: Apr 18, 2018
- Next: Apr 16, 2018