Track Awesome Dev Fun Updates Daily
A curated list of awesome fun libs/packages/languages that have no real purpose but to make a developer chuckle.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · 😺 mislavcimpersak/awesome-dev-fun · ⭐ 532 · 🏷️ Miscellaneous
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Jun 21, 2021
- Assert true (⭐19) - A lot of ways to you set your assert as true.
May 14, 2021
- redond-it (⭐3) - Remove the sharp edges of your website.
Nov 03, 2020
- HTPL Compiler (⭐9) - HTPL is a programming language based on HTML.
Oct 23, 2020
- strategic-communication (⭐315) - A best-of-breed language with a holistic approach to moving the needle.
Aug 20, 2020
- tra.sh (⭐12) - tra.sh in your terminal!
Aug 08, 2020
- eslint-plugin-replyguy (⭐426) - The ESLint plugin you definitely didn’t ask for.
Jul 23, 2020
- codeometer (⭐7) - It measures your code in real world units of measurement also comparing the evaluated distance to famous places and monuments. Codeometer supports plain code files, zipped files and remote git repos. Doing all stuff as a straightforward command line tool or as a web tool through its embedded httpd (tls supported).
Apr 18, 2020
- nSnake (⭐151) - Snake game in terminal!
Feb 29, 2020
- ErrorFlow (⭐4) - Lightweight version of TensorFlow with the same functionality: It never works and only outputs errors.
Oct 09, 2019
Sep 22, 2019
- RoastBot (⭐20) - A chatbot that insults its user.
Aug 19, 2019
- Netflix Hangouts - Watch Netflix at work by making it look like you’re on a conference call.
Aug 01, 2019
- eafd (⭐4) - When you just don't have the words. Snoop does. Vulgar audio generator (or not vulgar, just a 🦃)
Jul 11, 2019
- Popup Trombone - A trombone you play by resizing a pop-up window. 🎺
May 14, 2019
- Make My Link Longer - The URL-elongator you've always needed.
May 09, 2019
- DICSS (⭐1.4k) - Directly injected CSS.
- CSS-Only Chat (⭐5.8k) - A truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend.
- retina-spacer-gif (⭐13) - Spacer gif for retina displays.
Apr 04, 2019
- Terraform for Dominos (⭐995) - The Terraform plugin for the Dominos Pizza provider.
Feb 07, 2019
- not-paid.js (⭐9.5k) - Add opacity to the body tag and increase it every day until their site completely fades away. 💸
Feb 01, 2019
- Rockstar (⭐69) - A dynamically typed computer programming language, designed for creating programs that are also song lyrics.
- Corporate Bullshit/Buzzword Generator API (⭐193) - Corporate bullshit generator that randomly picks out phrases, which can help your application get ahead in an industry where spin, buzzwords and vagueness reign supreme.
- shoutcloud.io - ALL CAPS AS A SERVICE. ⬆️
- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (⭐9.1k) - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (archiveeeeeeeeeed).
- awesome-awesome-awesome - Awesome list of repositories of awesome lists 🤷
Jan 28, 2019
- Like-my-GF (⭐396) - This is an auto-robot to like your girlfriend's post on Instagram.
Nov 05, 2018
- Gosleap (⭐20) - Make Ryan Gosling jump across your screen.
Oct 31, 2018
- cmatrix (⭐2.9k) - Make it digital rain in your terminal like The Matrix.
Sep 25, 2018
- Volkswagen (⭐13k) - 🙈 Volkswagen detects when your tests are being run in a CI server, and makes them pass.
Jun 22, 2018
- Pettier (⭐157) - Prettier config that randomizes options and arbitrarily switches between spaces and tabs 🙄
Jun 18, 2018
- git-blame-someone-else (⭐9.4k) - Blame someone else for your bad code.
Jun 06, 2018
- Github XP (⭐2.7k) - Microsoft + GitHub = ❤️. Make it official by giving your GitHub experience some Windows XP flair.
Apr 30, 2018
- Slack Typing (⭐1.9k) - A very good program that makes it so it says I'm typing when anyone else is typing.
Apr 17, 2018
- Cat Facts (⭐8) - Adds random cat facts to HTTP response headers. 🐈
Apr 15, 2018
- Chucknorris (⭐151k) - A Chuck Norris fortune plugin for ZSH.
Apr 11, 2018
- gomatrix (⭐260) - Connect to The Matrix and display it's data streams in your terminal.
- Table Flipper (⭐328) - Add table flip to Ruby exceptions.
- pipes.sh (⭐1.8k) - Animated pipes terminal screensaver.
- parrot.live (⭐2.8k) - 🐦 Bringing animated parrots to terminals everywhere.
Apr 10, 2018
- FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition (⭐18k) - A no-nonsense implementation of FizzBuzz made by serious businessmen for serious business purposes.
Apr 02, 2018
- OnlyToday (⭐6) - A date and time based programming language.
Mar 29, 2018
- /dev/null as a Service - The first DaaS provider.
Mar 28, 2018
- is-thirteen (⭐5.4k) - Check if a number is equal to 13.
- quinedb (⭐572) - A quine that is also a key-value store. Breaking down the walls between code and data.
- πfs (⭐6k) - π contains every possible digit sequence in existence. I'm sure your data is in there somewhere.
Mar 11, 2018
- undefined-is-a-function (⭐238) - "undefined is not a function"? — It is now!
- Booleans as a Service - Create, read, update & delete boolean.
Feb 27, 2018
- Shrugapillar.js (⭐14) - A library for generating shrugapillars.
Feb 22, 2018
- Sudo-Productivity (⭐193) - Boost your "productivity" to the max! A productivity suite made for slackers by slackers.
Feb 16, 2018
- sudont (⭐11) - Grants superuser permission, then does nothing.
Feb 07, 2018
- No Code (⭐54k) - The best way to write secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere.
Feb 02, 2018
- cannot-even (⭐11) - A module that refuses to even.
Jan 28, 2018
- No More Secrets (⭐5.2k) - A command line tool that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen in the 1992 movie Sneakers.
Jan 21, 2018
- fat (⭐5) - Expand your files.
Jan 19, 2018
- genact (⭐6.6k) - 🌀 A nonsense activity generator for your shell.
Dec 01, 2017
- Xkcd Excuse - The easiest way to get your slacking excuse in hip xkcd format!
Oct 30, 2017
- Spooky (⭐150) - The Programming Language of Fear 🌚.
Sep 18, 2017
- Youtube Notch Mode - Youtube Notch Mode is a chrome extension that adds the ugly, black cut out seen at the top of the iPhone X to every Youtube video. Why? Because it's more beautiful.
May 08, 2017
- Groot Ipsum - Generates random texts containing "I am Groot".
Apr 21, 2017
- Autocomplete from Stack Overflow - Autocomplete your JS from Stack Overflow.
Apr 20, 2017
- fattest-cat (⭐736) - Script to find fattest cat currently up for adoption at SF SPCA.
- Vigil (⭐2.6k) - Vigil, the eternal morally vigilant programming language.
- lolcommits (⭐4.5k) - Git-based selfies for software developers.
- Filefile (⭐75) - File to keep track of all the files you have in your repo that end in "file" eg. Filefile.
Apr 10, 2017
- NonAd Block - Blocks any content that is not an ad.
Mar 31, 2017
- holdr (⭐34) - Solves the problem of knowing when you're holding your phone.
Mar 30, 2017
- Outcognito Mode (⭐11) - Incognito Mode for extroverts.
Mar 21, 2017
- OOP (⭐281) - OOP in Elixir!
Mar 20, 2017
- [email protected]*k Keyboard (⭐17) - Terrible terrible soft-keyboard that randomises keys on every press.
- Batonnet.js (⭐13) - Universal, intercultural and user-friendly way to display numbers.
- Fuck off as a Service (⭐2.9k) - Provides a modern, RESTful, scalable solution to the common problem of telling people to fuck off.
Mar 07, 2017
- ComcastifyJS (⭐1.3k) - Sometimes images just load too damned fast.
- fartscroll.js (⭐2.8k) - Everyone farts. And now your web pages can too.
Mar 04, 2017
- Elevator.js (⭐6.5k) - Finally, a "back to top" button that behaves like a real elevator.
- HTML9 Responsive Boilerstrap JS - H9RBS.js (v0.0001) is a flexible, dependency-free, lightweight, device-agnostic, modular, baked-in, component framework MVC library shoelacestrap to help you kickstart your responsive CSS-based app architecture backbone kitchensink tweetybirds.
- Base (⭐432) - The universal Base class you've always wanted.
Feb 23, 2017
- Nyan Cat RSpec Formatter (⭐738) - Nyan Cat inspired RSpec formatter!
Feb 22, 2017
- sl (⭐2.5k) - SL (Steam Locomotive) runs across your terminal when you type "sl" as you meant to type "ls".
Feb 20, 2017
- evil.sh (⭐2.1k) - Subtle and not-so-subtle shell tweaks that will slowly drive people insane.
Feb 14, 2017
- Phpunit VW (⭐1.7k) - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- lolcat (⭐5.2k) - Rainbows and unicorns!
Feb 13, 2017
- Stevie Wonder Simulator - Feel for a moment as the great Stevie Wonder with this simulator for Android.
- hackertyper (⭐39) - "Hack" like a programmer in movies and games!
- Echochamber.js (⭐4k) - Commenting without the comments - providing a single-sided user comments just stored in local storage.
- Object.toSting() (⭐206) - Logs an image of Sting to the development console.
- PyTest-VW (⭐133) - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- left-pad - Python's solution to infamous npm problem.
- ArnoldC (⭐6.5k) - Arnold Schwarzenegger based programming language.
- TrumpScript (⭐7.5k) - Make Python great again.
- Cloud to butt (⭐1.4k) - Chrome extension that replaces occurrences of 'the cloud' with 'my butt'.
- Pong-command (⭐152) - Pong is Not Ping.
- Alice (⭐13) - Alice sings when you mistakenly type al.
- cmprss (⭐4) - IrrvrsbleCmprssionForTxt.