Awesome List Updates on Jul 23 - Jul 29, 2018
47 awesome lists updated this week.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Dash
- Using Plotly’s Dash to deliver public sector decision support dashboards - Buiding a complex dashboard step-by-step.
- Visualize Earthquakes with Plotly Dash - Great UI and usage of geospatial analytics with Dash. Includes basic unit tests (⭐36). Source Code. (⭐36)
2. Awesome Bitcoin
3. Awesome Lit
Similar libraries / Other Tools
- hybrids (⭐2.7k) - UI library for creating Web Components with simple and functional API.
4. Awesome Projects Boilerplates
- Go React JSX Boilerplate (⭐4) Starter code for a React + Go web application
5. Awesome Scientific Computing
- SciPy - Python modules for statistics, optimization, integration, linear algebra, etc. (Python, mostly BSD, GitHub (⭐11k))
- NumPy - Fundamental package needed for scientific computing with Python. (Python, BSD, GitHub (⭐23k))
- libMesh - Framework for the numerical simulation of PDEs using unstructured discretizations. (C++, LGPL 2.1, GitHub (⭐557))
- deal.II - Software library supporting the creation of finite element codes. (C++, LGPL 2.1, GitHub (⭐1.1k))
- Netgen/NGSolve - High performance multiphysics finite element software. (C++, LGPL 2.1, GitHub (⭐204))
- Firedrake - Automated system for the solution of PDEs using the finite element method. (Python, LGPL 3, GitHub (⭐391))
Meshing / Triangular and tetrahedral meshing
- Gmsh - Three-dimensional finite element mesh generator with pre- and post-processing facilities. (C++, GPL, GitLab)
- TetGen - Quality tetrahedral mesh generator and 3D Delaunay triangulator. (C++, AGPLv3)
- distmesh - Simple generator for unstructured triangular and tetrahedral meshes. (MATLAB, GPL 3)
Sparse linear solvers / Mesh tools
- SuperLU - Direct solution of large, sparse, nonsymmetric systems of linear equations. (C, mostly BSD, GitHub (⭐187))
Other libraries and tools / Mesh tools
- FFTW - Discrete Fourier transforms in one or more dimensions, of arbitrary input size, real and complex. (C, GPL2, GitHub (⭐2.3k))
- Qhull - Convex hull, Delaunay triangulation, Voronoi diagram, halfspace intersection about a point, etc. (C/C++, custom open source license, GitHub (⭐588))
- GSL - Random number generators, special functions, and least-squares fitting etc. (C/C++, GPL 3, Savannah)
- OpenFOAM - Free, open source CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software. (C++, GPL 3, GitHub (⭐1.1k))
6. Awesome Crypto Papers
Introducing people to data security and cryptography / Simple: cryptography for non-engineers
Specific topics / Public key cryptography: General and DLP
- Twenty Years of Attacks on the RSA Cryptosystem - Great inquiry into attacking RSA and it's internals, by Dan Boneh.
Specific topics / Public key cryptography: Elliptic-curve crypto
- Curve25519: new Diffie-Hellman speed records - Paper on Curve25519.
Specific topics / Zero Knowledge Proofs
Specific topics / Post-quantum cryptography
- Post-quantum cryptography - dealing with the fallout of physics success - Brief observation of mathematical tasks that can be used to build cryptosystems secure against attacks by post-quantum computers.
- Post-quantum RSA - Daniel Bernshtein's insight how to save RSA in post-quantum period.
Lectures and educational courses / Post-quantum cryptography
- A Course in Cryptography - Lecture notes by Rafael Pass, Abhi Shelat.
- Lecture Notes on Cryptography - Famous set of lectures on cryptography by Shafi Goldwasser (MIT), M. Bellare (University of California).
Online crypto challenges / Post-quantum cryptography
7. Awesome Beacon
- BeaconKit (⭐22) - Beacon detection framework ns Swift using CoreBluetooth, supporting Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-URL, AltBeacon, iBeacon.
8. Awesome Ffmpeg
- FFmpeg.org - Where it all starts.
- Wiki & Bug Tracker - Lots of great info on here.
9. Awesome List
- Amazon Alexa (⭐558) - Virtual home assistant.
- Code Review (⭐4k) - Reviewing code.
- Open Source Maintainers (⭐1.1k) - The experience of being an open source maintainer.
- Calculators (⭐138) - Calculators for every platform.
- Captcha (⭐1.1k) - A type of challenge–response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human.
10. Awesome Sysadmin
Software / Monitoring
- EdMon (⭐5) - A command-line monitoring application helping you to check that your hosts and services are available, with notifications support.
11. Awesome ad Free
Alternatives / Blogs
- The Minimalists - Living a meaningful life with less.
- Zen Habits - Practical advice for developing positive habits.
12. Awesome Theravada
Suttas / Individual Suttas
- Aputtaka Sutta: Heirless - The Buddha criticizes those who hoard wealth without enjoying it or giving it to others.
13. Awesome Draft Js
Standalone Editors Built on Draft.js
- Braft (⭐4.5k) - Extensible Draft JS Editor
14. Awesome Clojure
15. Free Programming Books (English, By Programming Language)
Java / Codename One
- Create an Uber Clone in 7 Days (first 2 chapters) - Shai Almog (PDF)
16. Awesome Regression Testing
Tools and frameworks
- Zombie.js - Insanely fast, headless full-stack testing using Node.js.
Programming Languages / C#
Programming Languages / Ruby
Programming Languages / Scala
Programming Languages / SQL
Programming Languages / Vimscript
Frameworks / RSpec
Frameworks / Rails
Other / iOS
Other / Git
Other / UI
Other / Writing
18. Awesome Cryptography
Books / Hash functions
- Serious Cryptography - A Practical Introduction to Modern Encryption by Jean-Philippe Aumasson.
19. Awesome Cassandra
Using Cassandra / Cassandra as a Service / Managed Cassandra Based on Proprietary Technology
- Spring Data Cassandra Examples (⭐4) - Examples for the Spring Data Cassandra Project.
Cassandra Data Modeling / Cassandra as a Service / Managed Cassandra Based on Proprietary Technology
- Common Problems in Cassandra Data Models - Presentation and Article on wide partions, tombstones, and data skew.
Cassandra Deployment / Cassandra Deployment on Docker / Containerized Cassandra
- Packer: Cassandra Image (⭐48) - Cassandra Image using Packer for Docker and EC2 AMI. Covers managing EC2 Cassandra clusters with Ansible.
Communities / Custom Time Series
20. Awesome Ember
Packages / UI components
- ember-attacher - Tooltips & popovers made easy.
Packages / Articles
21. Awesome Ant Design
- Dva Cli (⭐969) - Create Ant Design projects based on Dva.js (⭐16k), a lightweight front-end framework based on Redux and React and inspired by Elm and Choo (⭐6.8k).
Components / Themes
- React Grid (⭐10) [Deprecated] - Grid React UI Component based on Ant Design.
22. Awesome Symfony
23. Awesome Hacking
Tools / Other
- Amass (⭐10k) - In-depth subdomain enumeration tool that performs scraping, recursive brute forcing, crawling of web archives, name altering and reverse DNS sweeping
24. Awesome Appium
Become an Appium Pro
25. Awesome Vue
Components & Libraries / UI Components
- vue2-image-loader (⭐6) - A image lazyLoad loader component for vue2
- @owumaro/vue-date-range-picker (⭐28) - A vue component using Bootstrap 4 styles for date range selection
- vue-autonumeric (⭐90) - A Vue.js component that wraps the awesome AutoNumeric input formatter library
26. Awesome Plotters
Plotter Art For Sale / Ephemera
Other Awesomes / Ephemera
27. Awesome Crystal
- cride (⭐47) - A light CLI text editor/IDE
- base62.cr (⭐9) - Base62 encoder/decoder, well suited for url-shortening
Use SSH instead of HTTPs for remotes
git config --global url.'[email protected]:'.insteadOf 'https://github.com/'
29. Awesome No Login Web Apps
Programming Editors and IDEs / Others
Miscellaneous / Others
- Edubirdie - An online plagiarism checker which gives percentage of similarity comparing our content with online resources.
30. Awesome Quantum Computing
- Quantum Computing Playground - 3D quantum state visualisation tool able to simulate up to 22 qubits.
- Quantum in the Cloud - Four qubit photonic quantum simulator and computer.
- Cirq (⭐3.9k) - Python library for writing, manipulating, and optimizing NISQ circuits to run on quantum computers.
- Project Q - Framework for implementing quantum computing in Python.
- Quantum Weekly - A weekly correlation of all things quantum - computing, cryptography, entanglement.
31. Awesome Audio Visualization
32. Awesome Fp Js
Resources / Articles
33. Awesome Geek Podcasts
- Darknet Diaries - Stories from hackers or those who have been attacked. How they got in and what happened.
- DevDrops - O seu podcast sobre desenvolvimento de software.
34. Engineering Blogs
Companies / M companies
- Mesosphere https://mesosphere.com/blog/
Individuals/Group Contributors / D individuals
- Daniel Schmidt https://medium.com/@dschmidt1992
Individuals/Group Contributors / E individuals
- Edward Faulkner https://eaf4.com/
35. Awesome Flutter
Services / Bluetooth / NFC / Beacon
36. Awesome Embedded Rust
Books, blogs and training materials / Community Chat Rooms
- MicroRust Introductory book for embedded development in Rust on the micro:bit.
37. Vertx Awesome
- Vert.x Vaadin (⭐42) - Run Vaadin applications on Vert.x.
38. Awesome Cybersecurity Blueteam
Network perimeter defenses / Evidence collection
- fwknop - Protects ports via Single Packet Authorization in your firewall.
Security monitoring / Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- AlienVault OSSIM - Single-server open source SIEM platform featuring asset discovery, asset inventorying, behavioral monitoring, and event correlation, driven by AlienVault Open Threat Exchange (OTX).
- Prelude SIEM OSS - Open source, agentless SIEM with a long history and several commercial variants featuring security event collection, normalization, and alerting from arbitrary log input and numerous popular monitoring tools.
Security monitoring / Service and performance monitoring
- Icinga - Modular redesign of Nagios with pluggable user interfaces and an expanded set of data connectors, collectors, and reporting tools.
- Nagios - Popular network and service monitoring solution and reporting platform.
- OpenNMS - Free and feature-rich networking monitoring system supporting multiple configurations, a variety of alerting mechanisms (email, XMPP, SMS), and numerous data collection methods (SNMP, HTTP, JDBC, etc).
Threat intelligence / Threat hunting
- GRASSMARLIN (⭐831) - Provides IP network situational awareness of industrial control systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) by passively mapping, accounting for, and reporting on your ICS/SCADA network topology and endpoints.
- Unfetter - Identifies defensive gaps in security posture by leveraging Mitre's ATT&CK framework.
39. Awesome H2o
Blog Posts & Tutorials
40. Awesome Remote Job
- Find Bacon - Design and Dev jobs
- Power to Fly - Specific to women
Companies with "remote DNA"
- Baremetrics - Analytics and insights for Stripe, Braintree, Recurly and Chargify.
41. Awesome Mac
Developer Tools / IDEs
- Haskell for Mac - A Modern Development Environment for Haskell.
Utilities / General Tools
- Mac Cache Cleaner (⭐219) - Cache cleaner for Mac
42. Awesome Heroku
articleSix Tips for Mastering your Procfile — improvements for how you run your Heroku processes.
43. Awesome Swift
Cryptography / Barcode
- Themis (⭐1.8k) - Multilanguage framework for making typical encryption schemes easy to use: data at rest, authenticated data exchange, transport protection, authentication, and so on.
44. Awesome Postgres
Contents / Backups
- pg_back (⭐281) - pg_back is a simple backup script
Contents / Utilities
- pg_chameleon (⭐346) - Real time replica from MySQL to PostgreSQL with optional type override migration and migration capabilities.
- pg_bulkload - It's a high speed data loading utility for PostgreSQL.
- Discord - The official Discord community for Craft CMS.
Articles / Front End
- Language switcher for Craft 3 by Jan D'Hollander -
25 July 2018
46. Awesome Code Review
- Helping Developers Help Themselves: Automatic Decomposition of Code Review Changes (Barnett et al. 2015) (summary on the morning paper) Research into automatically splitting big diffs into smaller diffs leading to better reviews.
- Brian Guthrie's Feature Branching Rant Twitter thread on the pros and cons of GitHub's open source first model with regards to "in-company" code review practice.
- Code Reviews: Just Do It Seminal post advocating for peer review of software back in 2006.
- Designing Awesome Code Reviews Principles for actively designing a code review process.
- Effective Code Reviews Without the Pain Another 2006 classic on how to effectively perform a code review.
- How I review code More personal advice on how to best review a pull request from an engineer at Tumblr.
- Pull Requests: How to Get and Give Good Feedback Advice for both sides of the code review process, the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Ship Small Diffs Why it's better to review small changes rather than large ones.
- The Art of Humanizing Pull Requests Emoji rich guide to the human side of code review via pull requests.
- Unlearning Toxic Behaviors in a Code Review Culture A how-to guide for pull requests via how-not-too.
- Why I changed the way I think about Code Quality Why code quality is about more than just the code.
- Handbook of Walkthroughs, Inspections, and Technical Reviews Older book covering more formal walkthroughs but covers politics and group dynamics in review well.
- Peer Reviews in Software: A Practical Guide A practical guide to formal code inspections as a code review practice.
- Software Inspection: An Industry Best Practice Compendium of papers on code review practice.
- What to Look for in a Code Review JetBrains sponsored ebook of how to spot coding anti-patterns during review.
Talks and Podcasts
- Code Reviews: Honesty, Kindness, Inspiration: Pick Three - Jacob Stoebel RubyConf 2017 How to do effective code review while remaining kind to the original author.
- Implementing a Strong Code-Review Culture - Derek Prior Railsconf 2015 How to instill a healthy code review culture in a team.
47. Awesome Dotnet Core
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / API
- Swashbuckle (⭐4.9k) - Seamlessly adds a swagger to WebApi projects.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Application Frameworks
- AsyncEx (⭐3.3k) - A helper library for async/await.
- Aggregates.NET (⭐437) - Aggregates.NET is a framework to help developers integrate the excellent NServiceBus and EventStore libraries together.
- CAP (⭐6.2k) - An EventBus with local persistent message functionality for system integration in SOA or Microservice architecture.
- DotNetCorePlugins (⭐1.5k) - .NET Core library for loading assemblies as a plugin.
- DotnetSpider (⭐3.7k) - DotnetSpider, a .NET Standard web crawling library similar to WebMagic and Scrapy. It is a lightweight ,efficient and fast high-level web crawling & scraping framework for .NET.
- ExcelDataReader (⭐3.6k) - Lightweight and fast library written in C# for reading Microsoft Excel files.
- Finbuckle.MultiTenant (⭐1.1k) - Finbuckle.MultiTenant is a .NET Standard library for multitenant support designed for ASP.NET 2.0+. It provides functionality for tenant resolution, per-tenant app configuration, and per-tenant data isolation.
- MoreLINQ (⭐3.5k) - Extensions to LINQ to Objects.
- X.PagedList (⭐830) - Library for easily paging through any IEnumerable/IQueryable in ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / CMS
- Swastika I/O Core CMS (⭐134) - Open source ASP.NET Core 2.x CMS. It currently supports MS SQL and planned to implement MSSQL, SQLite in the near future. It has many built-in features out of the box like multilanguage support, theme, template...
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Code Analysis and Metrics
- AppMetrics (⭐2.2k) - App Metrics is an open-source and cross-platform .NET library used to record and report metrics within an application and reports it's health.
- Audit.NET (⭐2.1k) - Small framework to audit .NET object changes.
- BenchmarkDotNet (⭐9.5k) - Powerful .NET library for benchmarking.
- coverlet (⭐2.8k) - Cross platform code coverage library for .NET Core.
- Foundatio (⭐1.8k) - A common interface with in memory, redis, StatsD, and Metrics.NET implementations.
- MiniCover (⭐208) - Minimalist Code Coverage Tool for .NET Core.
- NBench (⭐529) - Performance benchmarking and testing framework for .NET applications.
- Nexogen.Libraries.Metrics (⭐61) - Library for collecting application metrics in .NET and exporting them to Prometheus.
- OpenCover (⭐1.3k) - Code coverage tool for .NET 2 and above (WINDOWS OS only), support for 32 and 64 processes with both branch and sequence points.
- PerformanceMonitor (⭐236) - .NET Core Application Performance Monitor.
- prometheus-net (⭐1.7k) - .NET Client for https://prometheus.io.
- Prometheus.Client (⭐120) - .NET Client for Prometheus.
- Prometheus.Client.MetricPusher (⭐13) - Push metrics to a PushGateaway for the Prometheus.Client.
- Prometheus.Client.AspNetCore (⭐7) - Middleware for the Prometheus.Client.
- Prometheus.Client.MetricServer (⭐14) - MetricServer for the Prometheus.Client.
- Prometheus.Client.HttpRequestDurations (⭐9) - Metrics logging of request durations for the Prometheus.Client.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Graphics
- LibVLCSharp (⭐1.3k): .NET/Mono bindings for libvlc, the multimedia framework powering the VLC applications made by VideoLAN.
- MagicScaler (⭐486) - MagicScaler high-performance, high-quality image processing pipeline for .NET
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / GUI
- Qml.Net (⭐1.3k) - A cross-platform Qml/.NET integration for Mono/.NET/.NET Core.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Misc
- AgileMapper (⭐448) - AgileMapper is a zero-configuration, highly-configurable object-object mapper with viewable execution plans.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / ORM
- Chloe (⭐1.5k) - A lightweight and high-performance Object/Relational Mapping(ORM) library for .NET.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Queue and Messaging
- OpenCQRS (⭐1) - .NET Core library for DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing with Azure Service Bus integration. Supported database providers for the Command and the Event stores are: DocumentDB, MongoDB, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Tools
- NJsonSchema (⭐1.2k) - NJsonSchema is a .NET library to read, generate and validate JSON Schema draft v4+ schemas.