Awesome List Updates on Apr 28, 2019
11 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Bitcoin
Blockchain API and Web services
2. Awesome Software Architecture
- CQRS - Segregate operations that read data from operations that update data by using separate interfaces.
- Event Sourcing - Instead of storing just the current state of the data in a domain, use an append-only store to record the full series of actions taken on that data.
- Feature Toggles - Feature Toggles (often also refered to as Feature Flags) are a powerful technique, allowing teams to modify system behavior without changing code.
Frameworks / DevOps
- Chaos Engineering at Netfix - Chaos Engineering is a new discipline within Software Engineering, building confidence in the behavior of distributed systems at scale 🎥.
3. Awesome Raspberry Pi
- balenaOS - open source OS to run Docker containers on embedded devices that's been designed for reliability and proven in production.
- BerryBoot - Bootloader/universal OS installer, with support to VNC and HDMI-CEC.
- CentOS - CentOS on the Raspberry Pi.
- DroneBridge (⭐566) - A WifiBroadcast extension to make for a real alternative to DJI Lightbridge and other similar systems.
- EZ-WifiBroadcast (⭐711) - Affordable Wireless Digital HD Video Transmission made easy.
- FabScanPi - FabScanPi is an open source 3D laser scanner using the Raspberry Pi Camera Module.
- Gentoo - Gentoo Stage 3 tarball for Raspberry Pi.
- Hass.io - Home automation operating system/application for embedded device, also available standalone.
- HypriotOS - Minimal Debian-based operating system, optimized to run Docker.
- Kali Linux - Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Linux distro for ARM devices.
- Lakka - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi built entirely on RetroArch.
- Minibian - Minimal Raspbian (lighter than Jessie Lite).
- MoodleBox - The MoodleBox provides a Moodle learning management system on Raspberry Pi.
- motionEyeOS (⭐7.3k) - Linux distribution that turns a single-board computer into a video surveillance system.
- NetBSD - NetBSD is a free, fast, secure, and highly portable Unix-like Open Source operating system.
- NextCloudPi - Nextcloud ready image based on Raspbian. Features Nextcloud 11 running on Raspbian 8, with PHP 7 and HTTP2 enabled Apache server.
- NOOBS - New Out Of the Box Software, an easy OS installer for beginners.
- OctoPi - Distribution for 3d printers.
- OpenMediaVault - OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux containing services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more.
- OSMC - Open Source Media Centre, based on Kodi.
- PiDeck - Small form factor DVS system allowing you to control digital music files with timecode vinyl.
- PiNet - System to manage Raspberry Pi classrooms.
- RasPlex - Plex client for the Raspberry Pi.
- Recalbox - Drag & drop light-weight retro-gaming and media center on the Raspberry Pi.
- RetroPie - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi.
- Risc OS - Non-Linux OS originated from the group that developed the ARM microprocessor.
- RuneAudio - Free and open source OS that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players.
- Ubuntu MATE - Ubuntu distribution for the Raspberry Pi based on MATE desktop.
- Volumio - Headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity.
- Windows 10 IoT Core - Windows 10 distribution for IoT.
- Alpha (⭐40) - Remotely load, debug and test bare-metal programs using GDB with this system-level GDB server.
- CusDeb - Web UI for creating custom images with specific packages installed.
- iotwifi (⭐277) - Wifi AP + Client management in 8MB Docker Container, with REST API for controlling wifi client and station modes simultaneously.
- OpenVPN-Setup (⭐765) - Shell script to set up Raspberry Pi as an OpenVPN server.
- pi-gen (⭐2.2k) - Tool used to create the raspberrypi.org Raspbian images. This can be used to create your own custom images with specific packages installed, etc.
- PiShrink (⭐2.8k) - Bash script that automatically shrinks a pi image that will then resize to the max size of the SD card on boot.
- RaspAP-webgui (⭐3.9k) - A simple, responsive web interface to control wifi, hostapd and related services on the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspbian QEMU with network - Simple tool to launch QEMU on Raspbian with the required modifications on the system and kernel. Automatic network access. Handy to create images in your PC.
- Resin Bridge (⭐35) - Simple application/repo to bridge a Raspberry Pi's wlan0 interface to devices plugged into it over ethernet (eth0).
- TorTiPi (⭐103) - Shell script to automate the task of converting Raspberry Pi into a tor based wifi hotspot.
- WiFi config generator - Simple tool to generate wpa_supplicant.conf files with wifi settings
- BeeMonitor - Honey beehive monitoring project.
- Bitcoin Tracker (⭐39) - A Physical Dashboard that displays Bitcoin stats in real time.
- Building Timelapse with Resin - Remotely deploying timelapse camera using Docker, Resin, and 3G internet.
- Circle (⭐1.5k) - A C++ bare metal environment for Raspberry Pi.
- clockOS (⭐48) - simple smart desktop clock using a Raspberry Pi display.
- DIY USB Rubber Ducky - Raspberry Pi Zero Rubber Ducky recognized as a USB HID by just about anything with a USB port, thus allowing you to run custom scripts as if it were a keyboard.
- docsis-cable-load-monitor (⭐59) - Tool to monitor downstream load on DOCSIS cable networks.
- FistBump BLE Edition (⭐28) - WPA Hash Grabbing Bluetooth Peripheral / Android App.
- Harry Potter and the real life Daily Prophet - Display mimicking the Daily Prophet from Harry Potter using a 7" Raspberry Pi display.
- Hearing aid prototoype (⭐94) - A Raspberry Pi powered prototype of a hearing aid.
- Kubernetes on ARM (⭐589) - Get your ARM device up and running Kubernetes in less than ten minutes.
- Looper/synth/drum thing (⭐935) - Sequencer/Drumpad, like Native Instruments' Maschine for the Pi.
- Lumos - Smart Lamp for Better Sleep.
- Magic Mirror - The original open source modular smart mirror platform.
- Mini OONTZ - 3D printed mini MIDI controller.
- Multi-Datacenter Cassandra on 32 Raspberry Pi’s - Showcase for the always on, fault tolerant nature of Cassandra using a Raspberry Pi cluster board.
- NALIVATOR-9000 (⭐19) - Robot bartender for making cocktails with Telegram-bot interface and speech synthesis on Golang.
- NTP driven Nixie Clock - Nixie Tube Clock powered by a Raspberry Pi.
- Occu-Pi (⭐9) - Controller software for the Occu-pi, a totally awesome bathroom door sensor.
- Pi Image Capturer (⭐9) - Captures images, integrated with the Google IOT Cloud Platform ecosystem.
- pi_payments (⭐20) - Payment module based on RFID.
- pi-timolo (⭐507) - Remote Headless multi feature PiCamera Operation from Rclone Remote Storage Service and More.
- PiClock (⭐542) - Fancy Clock built around a monitor and a Raspberry Pi.
- PiFanTuner (⭐39) - CPU-fan-tuner daemon, just enables your fan as necessary.
- PiScan - Makeshift Amazon Dash orders using a Raspberry PI + EAN scanner.
- Planning lunch with a Slackbot on resin.io - Node.js Slackbot (lunchbot), hosted on Resin.
- Power Sniffing Strip - Enclosure in a power strip, sniffing network data.
- Raspberry Pi Erlang Cluster - Erlang cluster on a Raspberry Pi 2.
- Raspberry PI Hadoop Cluster - Big Data cluster running on the Raspberry Pi.
- RaspiBolt (⭐1.1k) - Beginner’s Guide to ️⚡Lightning️⚡ on a Raspberry Pi.
- RPi Motor Library (⭐248) - Python 3 library to connect various motors & servos to the Pi.
- RPI tempmon (⭐76) - CPU GPU temperature monitor with various functions such as LED GPIO, Graph output, email, alarm limit, notifications and logging.
- SecPi (⭐245) - Raspberry Pi based home alarm system.
- Skate-o-Meter - Skateboard odometer and speedometer with RFID user system.
- SkyJack - Take over and allow full control over any Parrot AR Drone within wireless distance.
- Smart Mirror (⭐2.7k) - Voice controlled smart mirror with IoT integration.
- Sonic Pi (⭐9.8k) - The Live Coding Music Synth for Everyone.
- Sonus (⭐591) - Node.js voice control for your Pi (and everything else) with customizable offline hotword detection.
- speed-camera (⭐794) - Object Motion Tracking uses python, openCV, USB Cam or picamera module to record speed data.
- Vinyl Shelf Finder - Uses a tilt & pan laser to find a record in a record collection.
- Voice Kit - AIY Voice Kit from Google, to build a standalone voice recognition system using the Google Assistant, or add voice recognition and natural language processing to your Raspberry Pi-based projects.
- Waves (⭐30) - Transforming the transience of the spoken word into something concrete and physical through a microphone, waveform and thermal printer.
- Whispering Mirror - Interactive soundart installation using the Hifiberry DAC.
- Wordpress using Docker (⭐45) - Run a Wordpress site in containers with dynamic DNS.
- Zelda Home Automation - Home automation based on sound recognition from notes played on an ocarina.
Useful Apps / Android
- AndFTP - Alternative FTP client app. Android
- Kore Remote - Official remote to control Kodi. Android
- RasPi Check - To check Pi stats - frequency, temperature, volts and more system information (free memory, runtime, disk status). You can also restart or halt your Raspberry Pi and send custom commands. Android
- VNC Viewer - To remotely control Raspberry Pi desktop. Android
Articles / iOS
- Raspberry Pi and why do I need one? - Intro into the Raspberry Pi and what can be done with it.
- The Ultimate Raspberry Pi Security Guide - Extensive guide on security best practices for the Pi ie. exposed to the internet.
Tutorials / iOS
- Auto Mount USB - Guide to setup Auto Mount USB on Raspberry Pi.
- Build a $35 Time Capsule - Time Machine Backup Server.
- DC++ Hub - Guide to setup an ADC (DC++) Hub on Raspberry Pi.
- DIY Neural Network - Uses image recognition and Google’s Inception to recognize specific objects.
- Docker Swarm with LetsEncrypt - Clear guidelines on how to set up a cluster with Docker, distributing services with Docker Compose and signing valid SSL certs with Letsencrypt.
- How to setup a secure VPN server on Raspberry Pi or DigitalOcean - Simple, secure and detailed guide to setup VPN on your Raspberry Pi.
- Moonlight (⭐1.4k) - Nvidia GameStream implementation to stream your full collection of Steam games from desktop to the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspbereum (⭐10) - Run your own Ethereum node on a Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Media Server Guides - Media Server and NAS tutorials from HTPC Guides.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi Zero into a mini dongle computer - Setup a pi0 to be able to ssh & vnc over USB.
- Use a Raspberry Pi with multiple WiFi networks - Tutorial on using a Raspberry Pi with multiple networks.
Swift programming / iOS
- BuildSwiftOnARM (⭐488) - All you need to build Swift on a RaspberryPi or other ARM boards, updated to Swift 4.1.3.
- Swish (⭐270) - Build Swift Projects on a remote machine within Xcode.
Community / iOS
4. Awesome Nodejs
Packages / Mad science
- stackgl - Open software ecosystem for WebGL, built on top of browserify and npm.
Packages / Command-line apps
Packages / Functional programming
- lodash (⭐56k) - Utility library delivering consistency, customization, performance, & extras. A better and faster Underscore.js.
- RxJS (⭐29k) - Functional reactive library for transforming, composing, and querying various kinds of data.
Packages / Build tools
- gulp (⭐33k) - Streaming and fast build system that favors code over config.
Packages / Web frameworks
- Hapi (⭐14k) - Framework for building applications and services.
- Koa (⭐34k) - Framework designed by the team behind Express, which aims to be a smaller, more expressive, and more robust foundation for web applications and APIs.
- Express (⭐61k) - Web application framework, providing a robust set of features for building single and multi-page, and hybrid web applications.
- Feathers (⭐15k) - Microservice framework built in the spirit of Express.
- Restify (⭐11k) - Enables you to build correct REST web services.
Packages / Documentation
- Docco (⭐3.5k) - Documentation generator which produces an HTML document that displays your comments intermingled with your code.
Packages / Testing
- AVA (⭐20k) - Futuristic test runner.
- Mocha (⭐22k) - Feature-rich test framework making asynchronous testing simple and fun.
Packages / Security
- rate-limiter-flexible (⭐2.5k) - Brute-force and DDoS attack protection.
Packages / Miscellaneous
Resources / Tutorials
- Nodeschool - Learn Node.js with interactive lessons.
Resources / Videos
- V8 Garbage Collector - Trash talk about the V8 garbage collector.
Resources / Cheatsheets
- Strong Node.js (⭐486) - Checklist for source code security analysis of a Node.js web service.
5. Awesome Ada
Integrated Development Editors / MIT
- ada-visual - Ada language integration for Visual Studio 2017.
6. Awesome Appium
Become an Appium Pro
7. Awesome Cpp
- Hyperscan (⭐4.2k) - Hyperscan is a high-performance multiple regex matching library by Intel. Provides simultaneous matching of large numbers of regexps (up to tens of thousands). Typically used in a DPI library stack. [BSD]
- PIRE (⭐321) - Perl Incompatible Regular Expressions library by Yandex. Can be really fast (more than 400 MB/s). [LPGL v3.0]
8. Awesome Pokemon
Development Projects / Miscellaneous
- pokemon-cli (⭐46) - CLI to get Pokémon names.
9. Awesome Rust
- Herd (⭐104) — an experimental HTTP load testing application
Applications / Productivity
- eureka — A CLI tool to input and store your ideas without leaving the terminal
10. Awesome Dotnet
- Flurl - Fluent, portable, testable REST/HTTP client library
11. Awesome Quantum Computing
- CNOT - Easy to understand, step by step introduction to quantum computing concepts.
- Prev: Apr 29, 2019
- Next: Apr 27, 2019