Awesome List Updates on Aug 03, 2020
6 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Icons
- Teenyicons (⭐1.7k) - 1000+ MIT-licensed SVG icons that easily fit in very small spaces 🤏 and maintain a crisp look ✨. (Website)
2. Awesome Engineering Team Management
Engineering / Technology
- I thought that using loops was cheating… - How much is too much? Libraries, whether software or audio loops, are tools. A typical case of NIH syndrome transposed to music production.
Compensation / Salary
- benefits.fyi - Same as above, but trying to evaluate the values of benefits across companies.
3. Awesome Geek Podcasts
- Software Sessions - Practical conversations about building software.
4. Awesome Appimage
AppImage discovery / App catalogs
- AppImage.GitHub.io - Catalog of AppImages that passed an automated test, links to upstream download pages.
AppImage discovery / App stores
- pling.com - Open store where creators can publish their libre products and creative content including AppImages.
- App Outlet - Universal app store that works with AppImages, Flatpaks and Snaps.
AppImage discovery / App centers
- NX Software Center (⭐117) - Portable Software Center for portable AppImage applications.
AppImage discovery / App scrapers
- appimages.scraper (⭐8) - Search for AppImage releases over the web.
- AppImageRadar (⭐13) - Search for AppImage-related activity on GitHub using Travis CI.
AppImage consumption tools / Desktop integration
- go-appimaged (⭐518) - Optional daemon that integrates AppImages into the system (experimental).
- AppImageLauncher (⭐3.9k) - Integrates into users' systems and establishes a single
~/Applicationsdirectory, assisting the user to move AppImages into there, with support for updating and removing AppImages through apps launcher.
- appimage2desktop - Creates a desktop file and an icon in the system for an AppImage, nothing else.
- appimagehelper - Program for creating, deleting, controlling and organizing shortcuts to AppImage.
- LinuxPA (⭐24) - PortableApps.com type launcher for Linux with AppImage support.
AppImage consumption tools / Updaters
- AppImageUpdate (⭐465) - Official grapical application to update AppImages; command-line tool to update AppImages.
- AppImageUpdater (⭐34) - Simple updater for humans written in C++ and Qt.
- appimage-update (⭐4) - AppImage Update implementation written in Go.
AppImage consumption tools / Package managers
- appimage-manager (⭐86) - Command-line tool for managing AppImages allowing to search, install, remove and update applications.
- bauh (⭐723) - Graphical user interface for managing Linux applications supporting AppImage, Arch (repositories/AUR), Flatpak, Snap and native Web applications.
- homebrew-appimage (⭐8) - Linuxbrew AppImage Formulae.
- AIPM (⭐13) - A Package Manager for AppImages.
AppImage developer tools / Low-level tools
- appimagetool (⭐8k) - Converts AppDirs into AppImages.
- nix-bundle (⭐498) - Converts Nix derivations into AppImages.
AppImage developer tools / Build systems
- appimagecraft (⭐30) - Recipe based AppImage creation tool working from source.
- appimage-builder (⭐233) - Recipe based AppImage creation tool working from source.
- KDE Craft - Build system used by KDE that can produce AppImages and other formats.
- appimage-tooling - Ruby tooling to generate Appimages.
AppImage developer tools / Deployment tools for compiled applications
- go-appimagetool (⭐518) - Tool that deploys dependencies into AppDirs, and converts AppDirs into AppImages (experimental).
- linuxdeployqt (⭐1.9k) - Deploys dependencies into AppDirs and creates AppImages; for Qt and other compiled applications.
- linuxdeploy (⭐399) - AppDir creation and maintenance tool using plugins.
AppImage developer tools / Deployment tools for Python applications
- python-appimage (⭐128) - Ready to use AppImage distributions of Python (can be modified to include your application).
- linuxdeploy-plugin-python (⭐19) - Bundle Python into an AppDir using a source distribution and linuxdeploy.
- linuxdeploy-plugin-conda (⭐26) - Bundle Python into an AppDir using a source distribution, Conda, and linuxdeploy.
- Briefcase - Convert Python project into a standalone native application, e.g., using AppImage.
- pycharm-appimage-support - Deploy Python project as an AppImage directly from the PyCharm IDE.
AppImage developer tools / Deployment tools for Electron applications
- electron-builder (⭐13k) - Supports AppImage as an output format.
AppImage developer tools / Deployment tools for Windows applications
- wine32-deploy (⭐50) - Creates AppImages for 32-bit Windows applications that can run on 64-bit Linux systems without multilib installed.
- AppImage For WINE (⭐477) - WINE-based AppImages and LD_PRELOAD based patches to launch WINE from AppImages.
AppImage developer tools / Deployment tools for Java applications
- nbPackager (⭐7) - Packages NetBeans Platform Application with a JRE for AppImage, Linux, macOS and Windows.
AppImage developer tools / Tools to convert from other package formats
- pkg2appimage (⭐624) - Converts from deb, zip, tar.gz and other formats to AppImage using YAML recipes.
- appimage2pkg - Repack AppImage and make rpm/deb which does not require FUSE.
- flatpak2appdir (⭐23) - Turn Flatpak into AppDir which in turn can be turned into AppImage.
- make-portable (⭐23) - Deploys installed application to AppDir, uses strace to fetch all file system calls and copies all accessed files in to AppDir including glibc.
- AppImage cobbler - Python application that takes strace.log and turns it into a directory suited for an AppImage.
AppImage developer tools / QC tools
- appimagelint (⭐33) - Tool to check AppImages for compatibility, best practices etc.
AppImage developer tools / Continuous integration
- build-appimage-action (⭐19) - GitHub Action for producing AppImages using appimage-builder.
- jniltinho/packages (⭐6) - Drone.io example for producing AppImages using go-appimagetool.
AppImage developer tools / Libraries
- AppImageServices (⭐5) - D-Bus services providing a high-level interface over the AppImage manipulation libraries for file managers, software centers and other tools.
- libappimage (⭐34) - Implements functionality for dealing with AppImage files, written in C++ using Boost.
- libzsync-go (⭐9) - Zsync implementation written in Go that can be used to update AppImages.
AppImage developer tools / Templates
- Qt Desktop Template (⭐0) - Template for creating Qt Widgets desktop applications with AppImage generation using linuxdeployqt.
- qt-hello-world (⭐1) - Qt Hello World project for AppImage creation using appimage-builder.
- qt-qml-project-template-with-ci (⭐40) - Template for a Qt/QML application with batteries included: GitHub CI, automated GUI testing, automatic code-format checks and more. Compiles for Linux (AppImage), Mac, and Android.
- wxWidgetsTemplate (⭐15) - Cross-platform application template for wxWidgets C++, with pre-set files and IDE projects, supporting AppImage.
- Briefcase Linux AppImage Template (⭐18) - Cookiecutter template for building Python apps that will run under Linux, packaged as an AppImage.
Resources / Specs
- AppImageSpec (⭐56) - Official specification for the AppImage format.
- Desktop Entry Specification - Specification for the matadata used inside AppImages.
Resources / Documentation
- docs.appimage.org - Official AppImage documentation.
- appimage-builder.readthedocs.io - Documentation of appimage-builder, includes tutorials, examples, and more.
Resources / Tutorials
- Produce an AppImage that bundles everything with go-appimage - How to make an AppImage that bundles all required libraries so that it should run not only on newer, but also on older systems than the build system.
Resources / Articles
- Flatpak, Snap and AppImage - Jesse Smith on DistroWatch about AppImage, Flatpak and Snap.
- Don't Install, Just Copy with klik - Article from 2005 that gives perspective on how AppImage started, relevant only for historical reasons now.
Resources / Videos
- Comparing Linux Package Formats - Deb, Flatpak, AppImage, etc. - By Bryan Lunduke.
- AppImage: Universal Linux Apps, Overview and Thoughts - By Jeremy "Jay" LaCroix, LearnLinuxTV.
- AppImage system integration on Ubuntu using go-appimaged - New appimaged daemon from the go-appimage implementation.
- Integrate and Manage AppImages with AppImageLauncher - By Eric Adams.
Resources / Books
- Mastering Qt 5 - Contains a section on how to package and deploy Qt applications for Linux using linuxdeployqt.
Resources / Blogs
- Planet AppImage - Blog Aggregator covering all things AppImage.
- TheAssassin Blog - Blog covering AppImage related topics by TheAssassin.
- AppImage Crafters Blog - Blog about AppImage creation an usage by azubieta.
Resources / Community
- discourse.appimage.org - Official AppImage forum for users and application developers.
- Stack Overflow - Questions tagged
[appimage]on Stack Overflow.
- r/AppImage/ - AppImage subreddit.
Resources / Miscellaneous
- AppImage wiki (⭐8k) - Official AppImage wiki.
- AppImageZip (⭐3) - Experimental pure Rust implementation of the AppImage runtime that uses Zip as the backing file system image.
Resources / Related
- Similar projects (⭐8k) - Comparison to other packaging systems.
Resources / Other awesome lists
- awesome-linuxdeploy (⭐29) - Awesome list on linuxdeploy.
- All Awesome Lists - All the Awesome lists on GitHub.
5. Awesome Digital History
Learning / Switzerland
- The CTP Book - A book for teaching Computational Thinking and Programming skills to people with a background in the Humanities.
6. Awesome Math
- Convex Optimization - Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe
Foundations of Mathematics / Logic
- Logic and Proof - Jeremy Avigad, Robert Y. Lewis, and Floris van Doorn
Algebra / Linear Algebra
- Interactive Linear Algebra - Dan Margalit and Joseph Rabinoff
- Linear Algebra, Infinite Dimensions, and Maple - James Herod
Geometry and Topology / Graph Theory
- Byrne's Euclid - Oliver Byrne
Analysis / Complex Analysis
- Complex Analysis - Juan Carlos Ponce Campuzano
Probability and Statistics / Probability Theory
- Foundations of Constructive Probability Theory - Yuen-Kwok Chan
Probability and Statistics / Statistics
- Statistical Thinking for the 21st Century - Russell A. Poldrack
- Odds and Ends: Introducing Probability & Decision with a Visual Emphasis - Jonathan Weisberg
- Seeing Theory - Daniel Kunin, Jingru Guo, Tyler Dae Devlin, and Daniel Xiang
- Statistics Done Wrong - Alex Reinhart
- All of Statistics: A Concise Course in Statistical Inference - Larry Wasserman
Mathematics for Computer Science / Stochastic processes