Awesome List Updates on Oct 29, 2020
14 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Rtc
Developer Resources / C/C++ Libraries
- libre (⭐490) - Portable SIP Stack along with companion libraries for media handling, STUN/TURN and a modular user agent.
Developer Resources / PHP Libraries
- RTCKit/SIP (⭐23) - RFC 3261 compliant SIP parsing and rendering library for PHP 7.4+.
2. Awesome Datascience
Other Awesome Lists / Book Deals (Affiliated) 🛍
3. Awesome Flutter
Device / Augmented Reality
4. Awesome Bitcoin Payment Processors
Hosted Bitcoin Payment Processors / Non-Custodial
Fees: No fees
Directly to Your Wallet: Yes
Conversion to Fiat: No
5. Awesome Deep Learning
Researchers / Miscellaneous
- AI Expert Roadmap (⭐23k) - Roadmap to becoming an Artificial Intelligence Expert
6. Awesome List
- Engineering Team Management (⭐1.4k) - How to transition from software development to engineering management.
- Credit Modeling (⭐85) - Methods for classifying credit applicants into risk classes.
7. Awesome Web Animation
- Yuri Artyukh youtube channel - This man creates amazing web animations using various technologies for this, and recording it all in steam format.
8. Awesome Earth
- iPanda iPanda offers news and live broadcasts of events concerning the release of pandas into the wild, panda mating and breeding, the debut of new-born baby pandas, etc. Also strive to spread knowledge about the conservation of the giant panda and other rare wildlife species, raising awareness to audience around the world about environmental protection.
9. Awesome Video
- 3 Cases from a Video Expert: Encoding Basics - Introduction
- HLS adaptive streaming tutorial with CloudFront & JW Player | Miracle Tutorials - A step-by-step HLS adaptive streaming tutorial with CloudFront & JW Player in two parts. It is easier than you think. This tutorial presumes you have
- Overview of the H.264/AVC video coding standard - Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, IEEE Transactions on -
- Video and containers - NALU, Annex B, and Start Codes
- alexgand/springer_free_books: Python script to download all Springer books released for free during the 2020 COVID-19 quarantine (⭐1.6k) - Python script to download all Springer books released for free during the 2020 COVID-19 quarantine - alexgand/springer_free_books
- amiaopensource/cable-bible (⭐69) - A guide to cables and connectors used for audiovisual tech - amiaopensource/cable-bible
- leandromoreira/video-containers-debugging-tools (⭐40) - A set of command lines to debug video streaming files like mp4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), ts (MPEG-2 Part 1), fmp4 in Dash, HLS, or MSS, with or without DRM. - leandromoreira/video-containers-debugging-tools
- lhls-simple-live-platform - You can build your own live platform just wiring up some open source tools, this is a demo video of https://github.com/jordicenzano/lhls-simple-live-platform (⭐61)
- mofo7777/Stackoverflow (⭐24) - All source codes I've provided on stackoverflow as an answer, usually under tag ms-media-foundation. Mediafoundation, audio, video, 3D, decoder, encoder. - mofo7777/Stackoverflow
- nickdesaulniers/netfix (⭐159) - Let's build a Netflix.
Learning / Reading
- 9 Best Home Server Apps to Automate Media Management - These are top 9 best home server apps to automate media management, so you get the latest Movies, Music and TV Shows in the best quality available.
- About Frame Rates or Why 29.97? - I recently remembered this popular post from my old blog. Since that blog no longer exists, I thought I would repost it here. Since I wrote this post about a decade ago, many others of done a much better job describing this in detail. I highly recommend the following two videos by Alec Watson fro
- Demystifying HTML5 Video Player - In this post we will go under the hood of a HTML video player for video streaming. With the exception of Apple and their browser Safari, no…
- Design of scheduling and rate-adaptation algorithms for adaptive HTTP streaming · dispar.at Blog - Design of scheduling and rate-adaptation algorithms for adaptive HTTP streaming - Stephan Hesse
- Divide & Encode: How to Encode Videos Blazingly Fast | Part I - Need For Speed - Here at Showmax, we’re addicted to speed and performance. In this post, I’ll go through a few techniques we used to improve the speed of our enc...
- Divide & Encode: How to Encode Videos Blazingly Fast | Part II - Under The Hood - This is the second (and final) part of our blog mini-series about boosting encoding speed. In the first part we wrote about how we managed to ma...
- Extracting contextual information from video assets - for an improved Netflix user experience
- FFmpeg Threads Command: How it Affects Quality and Performance - So, I received an email from an acquaintance that read, “I was curious if there is actually any benefit to a “threads=” type custom command in x264. Specifically many streamers are buying 8 core/16 thread CPUs to encode as a standalone client capturing information from a video capture device.” I had an article on FFmpeg…
- HDMI 2.1: features, specs and news about the latest HDMI standard - The gateway to a super high-definition future is ever-nearing
- Hardware-Assisted Video Transcoding At Dailymotion - What if you could save time, power consumption and therefore money, while still keeping a decent quality for your converted video ?
- IMF: A Prescription for Versionitis - the emerging Interoperable Master Format standard
- Improving our video encodes for legacy devices - by Mariana Afonso, Anush Moorthy, Liwei Guo, Lishan Zhu, Anne Aaron
- Inside MPEG's Ambitious Plan to Launch 3 Video Codecs in 2020 - The pace of innovation is getting faster and the demands on video codecs are getting greater. MPEG's three-part plan answers questions of royalties, licensing, and computational efficiency. Meet VVC, MPEG-5 Part 1 (EVC), and MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC).
- Live Video Transmuxing/Transcoding: FFmpeg vs TwitchTranscoder, Part I - By: Jeff Gong, Software Engineer, [email protected] Sahil Dhanju, Software Engineer Intern Chih-Chiang Lu, Senior Software Engineer…
- Live Video Transmuxing/Transcoding: FFmpeg vs TwitchTranscoder, Part II - By: Jeff Gong, Software Engineer, [email protected] Sahil Dhanju, Software Engineer Intern Chih-Chiang Lu, Senior Software Engineer…
- Pushing video bitrate to the limit - When you subscribe to a VOD service, you expect the best visual quality possible. For our customers across Sub-Saharan Africa, it’s no different...
- Quantifying packaging overhead - Mux makes adding video to your app or website as easy as making a single API call. But behind the scenes is a large multistep process to analyze and transform the video into something that can be easily consumed by a device. This process is commonly called a media “pipeline”
- Riot Games Keeps League of Legends Esports Rolling With Fully Cloud-Based Virtualized Workflow - Although the traditional sports world has come to a standstill due to the coronavirus pandemic, many major esports properties are soldiering on, hosting compe
- Running FFmpeg on AWS Lambda for 1.9% the cost of AWS Elastic Transcoder - A guide to building a transcoder using Exodus, FFmpeg, and AWS Lambda.
- Saving on Encoding and Streaming: Deploy Capped CRF – Streaming Learning Center - This is the second in a five-part series on how to cut your encoding and streaming costs. The first article was Saving on Encoding: Adjust Encoding Configuration to Increase Capacity. Article summary: Capped CRF encoding is a single-pass encoding method that can save encoding costs compared to two-pass VBR. Capped CRF is also a simple per-title…
- Server-less Just-in-Time Packaging with AWS Fargate and Unified Origin by Unified Streaming - In this blog article Jonas Rydholm Birmé describes how he created a server-less just-in-time packaging origin, using AWS ECS Fargate tasks…
- Server-less Just-in-Time Packaging with AWS Fargate and Unified Origin by Unified Streaming - In this blog article Jonas Rydholm Birmé describes how he created a server-less just-in-time packaging origin, using AWS ECS Fargate tasks…
- Streaming Live From the Battlefield: Military Video in 2019 - Metadata and low-latency video create a tactical advantage in intelligence-gathering and decision making. Discover why HEVC is gaining momentum in the armed forces, and Android is preferred over iOS.
- The H.264 Sequence Parameter Set - [vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is a follow-up to my World’s Smallest H.264 Encoder post. I’ve received several emails asking about precise details of things in two entities in the H.264 bitstream: the Sequence Parameter Set (SPS) and the Picture Parameter Set (PPS). Both entities contain information that an H.264 decoder needs to decode the video data, for example,…
- The Netflix IMF Workflow - interesting architectural implications
- Video Coding - BBC R&D - BBC video encoding R&D home page
- Video in the War Zone: The Current State of Military Streaming - For the armed forces, streaming is a matter of national security. Here's an exclusive look at how the military, from analysts to ground troops, is using streaming video.
- Video: HLS and DASH Multi-Codec Encoding & Packaging - Free educational webinars, videos and other resources focused on the Broadcast Industry
HLS / Talks Presentations Podcasts
- t-mullen/hls-server (⭐221) - Middleware for serving HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) compatible media streams. - t-mullen/hls-server
- tozastation/HLS-Streaming (⭐2) - HLSを使ってみたです．.
DASH / Talks Presentations Podcasts
- dash-validator-js/README.md at master · Eyevinn/dash-validator-js (⭐22) - MPEG DASH validator JS library. Contribute to Eyevinn/dash-validator-js development by creating an account on GitHub.
- pokey909/dash_adaptation_simulator (⭐1) - Simulate bitrate switching algorithms based on real data traces - pokey909/dash_adaptation_simulator
- zencoder/go-dash (⭐190) - A Go library for generating MPEG-DASH manifests.
Encoding / Talks Presentations Podcasts
- AK1194/Video-Compression-motion-estimation-block-video-encoder: This repository is about video compression, and more specifically about the motion estimation block (ME block) of a video encoder. It is a research project for developing an efficient motion (⭐10) - This repository is about video compression, and more specifically about the motion estimation block (ME block) of a video encoder. It is a research project for developing an efficient motion estima...
- CRF Guide (Constant Rate Factor in x264, x265 and libvpx) - What is the Constant Rate Factor?
- ClearSlide/Fantastic-Transcoder (⭐44) - Fantastic transcoder is a video transcoder which utilizes massively parallel compute to achieve ludicrous conversion speeds. - ClearSlide/Fantastic-Transcoder
- DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4demux: The Dolby MP4 streaming demuxer (dlb_mp4demux) is a software implementation of a demuxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports demuxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC (⭐77) - The Dolby MP4 streaming demuxer (dlb_mp4demux) is a software implementation of a demuxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports demuxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3)...
- GeoHaber/Video-Transcode (⭐12) - ffmpeg H264 H265 HEVC MPEG Video Trans-code Image-Matrix Collage - GeoHaber/Video-Transcode
- LordCrainer/transcoding_ffmpeg (⭐1) - Transcoding video usando ffmpeg.
- Ponyboy47/TranscodeVideo (⭐2) - A Swift wrapper around the transcode-video command - Ponyboy47/TranscodeVideo
- SmurfManX/ffmpeg-nvidia-adaptive-vod-transcoder (⭐8) - bash script which will detect video new file in folder and transcode it to adaprive bitrate - SmurfManX/ffmpeg-nvidia-adaptive-vod-transcoder
- Vilsol/Transcoder (⭐13) - Docker container to transcode videos in mounted volume to H265 using FFMPEG - Vilsol/Transcoder
- andressspinetti/video-transcoder (⭐2) - AWS S3 + Lambda + Transcode.
- benvanik/node-transcoding (⭐46) - node.js video transcoding library.
- bmhayward/Transcode (⭐13) - Tools to batch transcode and process videos.
- bookyo/express-ffmpeg (⭐82) - nodejs ffmpeg video transcode webui，基于nodejs的云转码系统 https://www.efvcms.com - bookyo/express-ffmpeg
- cbsinteractive/transcode-orchestrator - Agnostic API orchestrating the transcoding of media assets across various cloud providers, previously https://github.com/cbsinteractive/video-transcoding-api (⭐5) - cbsinteractive/transcode-orchestrator
- chn-lee-yumi/distributed_ffmpeg_transcoding_cluster: 分布式FFMpeg转码集群。A FFMpeg transcoding cluster runs in variable CPUs, including ARM, x86, and others which can run linux. You can use it to run a RaspberryPi cluster. (⭐33) - 分布式FFMpeg转码集群。A FFMpeg transcoding cluster runs in variable CPUs, including ARM, x86, and others which can run linux. You can use it to run a RaspberryPi cluster. - chn-lee-yumi/distributed_ffmpeg_...
- cwinging/transcode (⭐3) - python transcode server.
- davidbt/djmediastreamer (⭐2) - A Django project that allows you to catalog and stream your videos (using FFmpeg to add subtitles and transcode). - davidbt/djmediastreamer
- diego3g/gcloud-node-video-transcoding (⭐107) - 📹🔥 Transcode Google Cloud Storage video files with Node.js and FFmpeg - diego3g/gcloud-node-video-transcoding
- donmelton/other_video_transcoding (⭐463) - Other tools to transcode videos.
- donmelton/video_transcoding (⭐2.3k) - Tools to transcode, inspect and convert videos.
- ericgriffin/fflock (⭐6) - Distributed video transcoding.
- fluendo/fluster (⭐33) - Testing framework for decoders conformance.
- i4tv/gstreamill (⭐241) - encoder with hls output based on gstreamer.
- intel/libva (⭐524) - Libva is an implementation for VA-API (Video Acceleration API) - intel/libva
- just-work/django-video-transcoding (⭐23) - Simple video transcoding application for Django Framework - just-work/django-video-transcoding
- kees/transcode (⭐2) - Video Transcoding Tools.
- kwodzicki/video_utils (⭐16) - Python package containing many tools useful for converting video files to h264/h265 encoded MP4 or MKV files - kwodzicki/video_utils
- madebyhiro/codem-transcode (⭐153) - Offline video transcoder written in node.js.
- media-toolbox/avbroadcast: avbroadcast - republish media streams for mass consumption (⭐11) - avbroadcast - republish media streams for mass consumption - media-toolbox/avbroadcast
- monking/transcode-web-video (⭐3) - Quickly transcode a source video to MP4, OGV, and WebM, with scale, bitrate, and screengrab options. - monking/transcode-web-video
- natsuite/NatReader-API - NatReader is a cross-platform video decoding API designed for transcoding applications. - natsuite/NatReader-API
- quarkscript/media_works (⭐5) - Transcode video by ffmpeg with nvenc; normalize the volume; force dynamic range compression to the volume - quarkscript/media_works
- sambios/ffmpeg_transcoder (⭐10) - video transcode based on ffmpeg, support H264/HEVC and more. - sambios/ffmpeg_transcoder
- selsamman/react-native-transcode (⭐11) - Video Transcoder for React Native.
- streamlink/streamlink (⭐8.7k) - Streamlink is a CLI utility which pipes video streams from various services into a video player - streamlink/streamlink
- sw360cab/pyup-transcoder (⭐4) - a Python-based software to transcode videos and upload files to a remote server or S3-bucket - sw360cab/pyup-transcoder
- twitter/vireo: Vireo is a lightweight and versatile video processing library written in C++11 (⭐899) - Vireo is a lightweight and versatile video processing library written in C++11 - twitter/vireo
- vt-vl-lab/FGVC (⭐1.5k) - [ECCV 2020] Flow-edge Guided Video Completion .
- xyk2/cloud-transcoder (⭐11) - Transcoding long (>1 hour) videos quickly and cost-effectively on GCP to adaptive HLS and MP4 mezzanine files. Up to 40x $ savings. - xyk2/cloud-transcoder
- zolinux/MediaArchiver (⭐1) - Transcode video files using FFMPEG and python3.
Encoding / AV1
- AOMediaCodec/av1-rtp-spec (⭐53) - Current draft (HTML): https://aomediacodec.github.io/av1-rtp-spec/ - AOMediaCodec/av1-rtp-spec
- AV1 decoder model - Description of the AV1 decoder model.
- Alkl58/NotEnoughAV1Encodes (⭐428) - GUI Handler for AV1 Encoders (aomenc, rav1e & svt-av1) - Alkl58/NotEnoughAV1Encodes
- Promising Initial Results with AV1 Testing - Streaming Learning Center - [vc_row margin_top=”30″][vc_column][vc_column_text]I began testing AV1 early this week. Briefly, my tests involve 16 ten-second clips in four genres (movies, sports, animations, gaming) and an “other” category (music video, nature video). I’ve completed the first set of tests with FFmpeg 4.3, benchmarking x264, x265, and the latest version of the Alliance for Open Media AV1 codec,…
- SVT-AV1: an open-source AV1 encoder and decoder - by Andrey Norkin, Joel Sole, Mariana Afonso, Kyle Swanson, Agata Opalach, Anush Moorthy, Anne Aaron
- luziferius/av1transcoder (⭐6) - Transcode video files to the AV1 format using ffmpeg and libaom-av1. - luziferius/av1transcoder
- master-of-zen/Av1an: Cross-platform command-line AV1 encode toolkit (⭐1.1k) - Cross-platform command-line AV1 encode toolkit. Contribute to master-of-zen/Av1an development by creating an account on GitHub.
- xiph/rav1e (⭐3.2k) - The fastest and safest AV1 encoder.
Encoding / HEVC
- amaurypm/transcode2H265 (⭐13) - Unattended video transcoder to H265 and ACC codecs, in MKV containers. - amaurypm/transcode2H265
Transport / VP9
- Wifibroadcast – Analog-like transmission of live video data - Wifibroadcast is a project aimed at the live transmission of HD video (and other) data using wifi radios. One prominent use case is to transmit camera images for a first person view (FPV) of remote…
Streaming Server and Storage / SRT
- OpenVisualCloud/Smart-City-Sample (⭐149) - The smart city reference pipeline shows how to integrate various media building blocks, with analytics powered by the OpenVINO™ Toolkit, for traffic or stadium sensing, analytics and management tas...
- Red5/red5-server (⭐3.2k) - Red5 Server core.
- Roverr/rtsp-stream (⭐609) - Out of box solution for RTSP - HLS live stream transcoding. Makes RTSP easy to play in browsers. - Roverr/rtsp-stream
- ireader/media-server (⭐2.5k) - RTSP/RTP/RTMP/FLV/HLS/MPEG-TS/MPEG-PS/MPEG-DASH/MP4/fMP4 - ireader/media-server
- openfun/marsha (⭐82) - 🎬 A self-hosted opensource LTI video provider - openfun/marsha
- prologic/tube (⭐15) - 📺 a Youtube-like (without censorship and features you don't need!) Video Sharing App written in Go which also supports automatic transcoding to MP4 H.265 AAC, multiple collections and R...
- streamaserver/streama (⭐9.3k) - Self hosted streaming media server. https://docs.streama-project.com/ - streamaserver/streama
Specs and Standards / SRT
Specs and Standards / Industry Forums
- Home | Streaming Video Alliance - Making Streaming Video Better Streaming video is exploding in popularity. Consumers are watching more video online across a myriad of devices. But, the streaming experiences, across providers, can be wildly different from each other which ultimately hurts adoption. The problem is a lack of colla ...
Specs and Standards / MPEG
- MPEG: What Happened? - At the end of last month, MPEG co-founder Leonardo Chiariglione announced the 'MPEG is closed.' That's not quite true, but it is undergoing a reorganization. So what does that mean for the organization and the new codec standards it is bringing out this year?
Players / MPEG
- Building native video Pins - Billions of videos are viewed across the internet every day, but video on Pinterest is unique. On Pinterest, you’ve always been able to save videos from around the web, and in 2013, we made it…
Players / Android
- mkaflowski/HybridMediaPlayer (⭐72) - Android music and video player. Uses ExoPlayer 2 and MediaPlayer for lower APIs and makes using ExoMediaPlayer easier. If you need advanced options such as handling Chromecast it is delivered by Ex...
Players / iOS tvOS
- SRGSSR/srgmediaplayer-apple (⭐150) - An advanced media player library, simple and reliable - SRGSSR/srgmediaplayer-apple
- google/shaka-player-embedded (⭐220) - Shaka Player in a C++ Framework.
- rinsuki/HWAcceleratedVP9Player (⭐8) - Hardware Accelerated VP9 Player in macOS 11.0 Big Sur beta 4+ - rinsuki/HWAcceleratedVP9Player
- wxxsw/GSPlayer (⭐321) - ⏯ Video player, support for caching, preload, fullscreen transition and custom control view. 视频播放器，支持边下边播、预加载、全屏转场和自定义控制层 - wxxsw/GSPlayer
Players / Web
- GeneticGenesis/phils-players (⭐27) - A collection of video players with vaguely simple GUIs for video engineers. - GeneticGenesis/phils-players
- foxford/react-hls - React component for HLS player.
- mediaelement/mediaelement (⭐8k) - HTML5 <audio> or <video> player with support for MP4, WebM, and MP3 as well as HLS, Dash, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud and others with a common HTML5 MediaElement API, ...
- videogular/videogular (⭐1.5k) - The HTML5 video player for AngularJS.
FFMPEG / Web
- 2501world/transcoding-performance-trial: Runs FFmpeg transcoding processes simultaneously and measures CPU performance (⭐3) - Runs FFmpeg transcoding processes simultaneously and measures CPU performance - 2501world/transcoding-performance-trial
- AlvianPrasetya/transcoding: FFmpeg transcoders benchmark (⭐2) - FFmpeg transcoders benchmark. Contribute to AlvianPrasetya/transcoding development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Azure-Samples/batch-python-ffmpeg-tutorial (⭐25) - A Python application that uses Batch to process media files in parallel with the ffmpeg open-source tool. - Azure-Samples/batch-python-ffmpeg-tutorial
- CUDA GPU Accelerated h264/h265/HEVC Video Encoding with ffmpeg - How to use CUDA GPU hardware encoding with ffmpeg to encode h264 and h264 HEVC movies in high quality and highspeed with our optimized parameter settings.
- ColorlabMD/FFCommand_Engine (⭐26) - Create and execute FFmpeg commands.
- Correcting for audio/video sync issues with the ffmpeg program’s ITSOFFSET switch - The ffmpeg program has numerous “switches” that help to adjust and convert audio and video files. Some of them are not explained very well in the documentation, and many websites have c…
- FFmpeg/FFV1 (⭐132) - The FFV1 lossless video codec specification.
- How to decode a video (memory file / byte string) and step through it frame by frame in python? - I am using python to do some basic image processing, and want to extend it to process a video frame by frame. I get the video as a blob from a server - .webm encoded - and have it in python as a b...
- Mozilla-Open-Lab-Etwas/Video-Transcoder (⭐454) - FFMPEG Wasm Video Transcoder.
- NVIDIA/nvidia-docker (⭐16k) - Build and run Docker containers leveraging NVIDIA GPUs - NVIDIA/nvidia-docker
- TenPennyTV/worker-ffmpeg (⭐3) - Worker that is used to transcode video to supported formats and resolutions - TenPennyTV/worker-ffmpeg
- This gist will generate an Intel QSV-enabled FFmpeg build using the open source Intel Media SDK. Testbed used: Ubuntu 18.04LTS. A fallback is also provided for the intel vaapi driver where needed. - This gist will generate an Intel QSV-enabled FFmpeg build using the open source Intel Media SDK. Testbed used: Ubuntu 18.04LTS. A fallback is also provided for the intel vaapi driver where needed. ...
- Understanding Rate Control Modes (x264, x265, vpx) - What is “rate control”? It’s what a video encoder does when it decides how many bits to spend for a given frame. The goal of (lossy) video encoding is to sav...
- VCDP/FFmpeg-patch (⭐61) - This repository contains a collection of FFmpeg* patches and samples to enable CNN model based video analytics capabilities (such as object detection, classification, recognition) in FFmpeg* framew...
- albanie/shot-detection-benchmarks: A comparison of ffmpeg, Shotdetect and PySceneDetect for shot transition detection (⭐98) - A comparison of ffmpeg, Shotdetect and PySceneDetect for shot transition detection - albanie/shot-detection-benchmarks
- cash2one/VideoTranscoding-Backend (⭐4) - This application transcode a video that you send on all formats what you want and diferent resolutions. - cash2one/VideoTranscoding-Backend
- dschere/industrial-ffmpeg - A high level transcoder using ffmpeg that in addition to transcoding provides real time stats, detection of bad video, integration with nginx for on demand video - dschere/industrial-ffmpeg
- git-developer/vaapi-video-converter (⭐4) - A docker-based video converter that uses VAAPI-compatible hardware for transcoding - git-developer/vaapi-video-converter
- imageio/imageio-ffmpeg (⭐167) - FFMPEG wrapper for Python.
- intel/intel-vaapi-driver (⭐268) - VA-API user mode driver for Intel GEN Graphics family - intel/intel-vaapi-driver
- jonghwanhyeon/python-ffmpeg (⭐129) - A python interface for FFmpeg using asyncio.
- mitio/useful-ffmpeg-commands: A collection of FFmpeg commands taken from practice (⭐174) - A collection of FFmpeg commands taken from practice - mitio/useful-ffmpeg-commands
- mugiseyebrows/mugi-ffmpeg (⭐4) - Gui for ffmpeg to simplify transcoding and embeding audio / subtitles in mkv videos - mugiseyebrows/mugi-ffmpeg
- okorach/audio-video-tools (⭐1) - Python based batch tools to transcode audio and video conveniently (leverages FFMpeg) - okorach/audio-video-tools
- phaux/node-ffmpeg-stream (⭐105) - Node.js bindings to ffmpeg command, exposing stream based API - phaux/node-ffmpeg-stream
- pyke369/sffmpeg (⭐134) - Full-featured static FFmpeg build helper.
- rdp/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers (⭐970) - Helper script for cross compiling some media tools for windows, like customizable ffmpeg.exe (with or without non-free components, etc), and some other bonuses like mplayer, mp4box, mxf, etc. - rdp...
- scivision/PyLivestream (⭐642) - Pure Python FFmpeg-based live video / audio streaming to YouTube, Facebook, Periscope, Twitch, and more - scivision/PyLivestream
- serverlesspub/ffmpeg-aws-lambda-layer (⭐342) - FFmpeg/FFprobe AWS Lambda layer.
- slhck/rate-control-tests: Tests for different rate control modes in x264 (⭐48) - Tests for different rate control modes in x264. Contribute to slhck/rate-control-tests development by creating an account on GitHub.
- sunhailin-Leo/AutoConfigShellScript: Automatically compile and configure ffmpeg, Python 3.7.2(default), PyAV, OpenCV, Keras, Tensorflow(CPU Mode) and other relative environment. (⭐3) - Automatically compile and configure ffmpeg, Python 3.7.2(default), PyAV, OpenCV, Keras, Tensorflow(CPU Mode) and other relative environment. - sunhailin-Leo/AutoConfigShellScript
- videomorph-dev/videomorph (⭐82) - A user-friendly Video Converter based on FFMPEG and writen in Python/PyQt5. - videomorph-dev/videomorph
Audio / Web
- bbc/audio-offset-finder: Find the offset of an audio file within another audio file (⭐118) - Find the offset of an audio file within another audio file - bbc/audio-offset-finder
- openai/jukebox (⭐6.9k) - Code for the paper "Jukebox: A Generative Model for Music" - openai/jukebox
- quodlibet/mutagen (⭐1.3k) - Python module for handling audio metadata.
- webmproject/opus-dash: Specification for Encapsulating Opus Audio in ISO-BMFF Container (⭐9) - Specification for Encapsulating Opus Audio in ISO-BMFF Container - webmproject/opus-dash
Subtitles and Captions / Web
- CCExtractor/ccextractor: CCExtractor - Official version maintained by the core team (⭐584) - CCExtractor - Official version maintained by the core team - CCExtractor/ccextractor
- abhirooptalasila/AutoSub (⭐476) - AutoSub is a CLI application to generate subtitle file (.srt) for any video file using Mozilla DeepSpeech - abhirooptalasila/AutoSub
- pbs/pycaption (⭐236) - Python module to read/write popular video caption formats - pbs/pycaption
- shinobizero/audio_transcriber (⭐4) - Transcodes audio & video files to text, supports MP3, M4A, WAV, MP4, MKV, AVI, MPG & MPEG. No Online API's. Python 3 - shinobizero/audio_transcriber
- szatmary/libcaption (⭐122) - Free open-source CEA608 / CEA708 closed-caption encoder/decoder - szatmary/libcaption
Ads / Web
- Eyevinn/vmapproxy (⭐1) - A simple VMAP / VAST proxy.
- OpenVisualCloud/Ad-Insertion-Sample (⭐84) - The ad-insertion reference pipeline shows how to integrate various media building blocks, with analytics powered by the OpenVINO™ Toolkit, for intelligent server-side ad insertion. - OpenVisualClou...
- erikkaashoek/Comskip (⭐434) - A free commercial detector.
Vendors / Dolby
- DolbyLaboratories/AM-Viewer: Audio Metadata Viewer (⭐5) - Audio Metadata Viewer. Contribute to DolbyLaboratories/AM-Viewer development by creating an account on GitHub.
- DolbyLaboratories/dbmd-atmos-parser: Dolby Atmos DBMD Wave Chunk Parser (⭐26) - Dolby Atmos DBMD Wave Chunk Parser. Contribute to DolbyLaboratories/dbmd-atmos-parser development by creating an account on GitHub.
- DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base: The Dolby MP4 streaming muxer (dlb_mp4base) is a software implementation of a muxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports muxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), and (⭐216) - The Dolby MP4 streaming muxer (dlb_mp4base) is a software implementation of a muxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports muxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby...
- ShaoWeiguo/dlb_mp4demux: The Dolby MP4 streaming demuxer (dlb_mp4demux) is a software implementation of a demuxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports demuxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), an (⭐2) - The Dolby MP4 streaming demuxer (dlb_mp4demux) is a software implementation of a demuxer of fragmented or unfragmented ISO base media file format (mp4). It supports demuxing of Dolby Digital (AC-3)...
- dolby-encoding-engine/plugins at master · DolbyLaboratories/dolby-encoding-engine (⭐56) - Contribute to DolbyLaboratories/dolby-encoding-engine development by creating an account on GitHub.
QoE / Dolby
- MarcAntoine-Arnaud/wisual (⭐19) - Web for Visual Quality Assessment.
- QCTools Documentation - QCTools (Quality Control Tools for Video Preservation) is a free and open source software tool that helps users analyze and understand their digitized video files through use of audiovisual analytics and filtering. QCTools is funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Knight Foundation, and is developed by the Bay Area Video Coalition.
- Rolinh/VQMT (⭐321) - VQMT: Video Quality Measurement Tool. Fast implementations of the following objective image quality metrics: PSNR, SSIM, MS-SSIM, VIFp, PSNR-HVS and PSNR-HVS-M. - Rolinh/VQMT
- Telecommunication-Telemedia-Assessment/AVRate (⭐6) - An open source modular Audio/Visual subjective evaluation test interface - Telecommunication-Telemedia-Assessment/AVRate
- VQEG Tools and Subjective Labs Setup - Providing the video quality research community with a wide variety of software tools and guidance in order to facilitate research.
- VQEG/software-tools (⭐6) - VQEG's Software and Tools Website.
- gdavila/easyVmaf (⭐119) - Python script to easily compute VMAF using FFmpeg. It allows to deinterlace, scale and sync Ref and Distorted video automatically - gdavila/easyVmaf
Tools / Dolby
- MediaArea/MediaInfo (⭐979) - Convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files. - MediaArea/MediaInfo
- Shaka Packager – opensource.google - Learn about all our projects.
- The Top 656 Video Open Source Projects - Browse The Most Popular 656 Video Open Source Projects
- antiboredom/videogrep (⭐3.1k) - automatic video supercuts with python.
- brendanlong/mpeg-ts-inspector: A command-line tool for inspecting MPEG-TS files (⭐18) - A command-line tool for inspecting MPEG-TS files. Contribute to brendanlong/mpeg-ts-inspector development by creating an account on GitHub.
- ebu/content-manager (⭐7) - The Content Manager is a visual production tool which is able to generate on the fly visualisation for DAB slideshow and RadioVIS. .NET framework based, it is developed in C# and is distributed und...
- egg-bread/hls-to-mp4 (⭐4) - Download HLS videos as MP4 (WebVTT for caption download optional) - egg-bread/hls-to-mp4
- essential61/mp4analyser (⭐53) - mp4 file analyser written in Python.
- excalibur-kvrv/m3u8-dl (⭐61) - A CLI m3u8-downloader program to parse .m3u8 playlist file and download mpeg2-ts video files, concat them and convert it to mp4 using FFMPEG - excalibur-kvrv/m3u8-dl
- flavioribeiro/video-thumbnail-generator (⭐254) - 📷 Generate thumbnail sprites from videos.
- huzhenjie/m3u8_downloader (⭐55) - 基于Python的m3u8下载器.
- ilstam/FF-Multi-Converter: GUI File Format Converter (⭐77) - GUI File Format Converter. Contribute to ilstam/FF-Multi-Converter development by creating an account on GitHub.
- jamesfining/scte (⭐11) - Python library to work with SCTE standards.
- jordicenzano/go-ts-segmenter (⭐73) - Live TS segmenter and HLS manifest creation in Go.
- justdan96/tsMuxer (⭐628) - tsMuxer is a transport stream muxer for remuxing/muxing elementary streams, EVO/VOB/MPG, MKV/MKA, MP4/MOV, TS, M2TS to TS to M2TS. Supported video codecs H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VC-1, MPEG2. Support...
- mrpdaemon/mmf (⭐3) - Video transcoding ffmpeg frontend in Python.
- sannies/isoviewer: GUI application to have closer look ISO 14496-12 and other MP4 files. (⭐217) - GUI application to have closer look ISO 14496-12 and other MP4 files. - sannies/isoviewer
- sannies/mp4parser: A Java API to read, write and create MP4 files (⭐2.7k) - A Java API to read, write and create MP4 files. Contribute to sannies/mp4parser development by creating an account on GitHub.
- sbraz/pymediainfo: A Python wrapper around the MediaInfo library (⭐275) - A Python wrapper around the MediaInfo library. Contribute to sbraz/pymediainfo development by creating an account on GitHub.
- vapoursynth/vapoursynth (⭐1.3k) - A video processing framework with simplicity in mind - vapoursynth/vapoursynth
DRM / Dolby
- Advanced Encryption Techniques: ContentProtection Tags for MPDs and PSSH Boxes for DASH. - In this installment of TheDRMBlog we take an in-depth look at Advanced Encryption Techniques.
- Axinom/cpix-validator: Web app for validating CPIX documents (⭐5) - Web app for validating CPIX documents. Contribute to Axinom/cpix-validator development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Binary to base64: Convert between bytes and base64 — Cryptii - Base64 encoding schemes are used when binary data needs to be stored or transferred as textual data. Therefore 64 characters are chosen that are both members of a subset common to most encodings (ASCII), and also printable.
- Creating a secure video-on-demand (VOD) platform using AWS - Authored by Chirag Oswal, Solution Architect, AWS, and Vikas Tiwari, Solution Architect Manager, AWS Video has become the primary means of Information sharing and learning. Customers are investing in innovative solutions to tap into the e-learning and video space. Video content is their IP and needs to be protected and securely delivered. Online video is a […]
- Deploying KeyOS with AWS Elemental Media Services - In this post we provide an in-depth first party overview of the complex integration between the KeyOS Platform and the Elemental Media Services via the SPEKE API.
- Fyrd/caniuse (⭐5.3k) - Raw browser/feature support data from caniuse.com.
- HLS with Widevine for Android - Taku Semba - Medium - As of the version of 2.6.0, ExoPlayer started supporting Widevine + HLS playback. WideVine is the one of the DRM schemes defined by Google…
- How to Protect Your Content With DRM - Lock it down. If you're streaming proprietary or premium online video, it's time to take the step up to true digital rights management protection. Here's how to get started.
- Play your own DRM content on ExoPlayer - Taku Semba - Medium - Digital rights management, or you could just refer to it as DRM, is a way of controlling what users can do with some sort of digital…
- Pssh box -
- TheDRMBlog | CENC - CENC | The DRM Blog - Your New Official Source for Everything DRM
- castlabs/dashencrypt: DASH fragmenter/segmenter and encrypter (⭐121) - DASH fragmenter/segmenter and encrypter. Contribute to castlabs/dashencrypt development by creating an account on GitHub.
- w3c/encrypted-media (⭐163) - Encrypted Media Extensions.
Testing / Dolby
- ebu/test-engine-live-tools (⭐18) - Small tools and scripts for the EBU test engine platform. - ebu/test-engine-live-tools
- ebu/test-engine-ondemand (⭐3) - EBU on-demand test engine.
HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision / Slack Groups
10. Awesome Golem
- Golem Community Chat - Join the community and team open discussion on Discord.
- Reddit - Golem Network discussion on the Reddit platform.
- Twitter - The Golem Project Twitter.
- Blog - The official blog where you can find the most reliable information on announcements, summaries and updates.
11. Awesome Piracy
Music Downloading / Third Party Hosts
- Deemix Another program with the same purpose. "Deemix is a python library that lets you download millions of songs [from Deezer]". "Deemix is meant to replace Deezloader Remix".
12. Awesome Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi OS - The official supported Raspberry Pi OS (previously called "Raspbian"), based on Debian and available as a lite version.
- Raspbian - Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware.
- Twister OS - Skinned version of Raspberry Pi OS with preinstalled apps like box86 and Retropie to introduce noobs to Linux and Raspberry Pi.
13. Awesome Icons
- Pepicons - Pepicons is a completely original 80s themed set of hand-crafted icons, made in two retro variants: Pop! and Print ❏
14. Mind Expanding Books
Fiction / Horror
Name: If it bleeds
Author: Stephen King
Goodreads Rating: 4.10
Year Published: 2020
Name: Rosemary's Baby
Author: Ira Levin
Goodreads Rating: 4.00
Year Published: 1967