Awesome List Updates on Feb 11, 2021
15 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Php
Table of Contents / Dependency Management Extras
- Composer Patches (⭐1.3k) - A plugin for Composer to apply patches.
Table of Contents / Testing
- PHP MySQL Engine (⭐521) - A MySQL engine written in pure PHP.
Configuration / PHP Websites
- Laravel News - The official Laravel blog.
- PHP Watch - PHP articles, news, upcoming changes, RFCs and more.
Configuration / PHP Videos
- Laravel YouTube Channel - The official Laravel YouTube channel.
- SymfonyCasts - Screencasts and tutorials about PHP and Symfony.
2. Awesome Sitecore
- WFFM Conversion Tool (⭐11) - A console application that provides an automated solution to convert and migrate Web Forms For Marketers (WFFM) items and their data to Sitecore Forms.
3. Awesome Ocaml
- Functional Programming in OCaml: A Principled Approach - Textbook for CS 3110 Functional Programming in OCaml, Cornell University.
4. Awesome Nosql Guides
Overview of NoSQL
- NoSQL Distilled - Very digestable and affordable book describing the different NoSQL databases and help you make the decision on whether using a NoSQL database is appropriate for your project.
- NoSQL Databases: a Survey and Decision Guidance (2016) - "This NoSQL Toolbox allows us to derive a simple decision tree to help practitioners and researchers filter potential system candidates based on central application requirements".
- Data Management in the Cloud: Limitations and Opportunities (PDF) - Abadi (2009) discusses limitations and opportunities of data management and data analysis in the cloud.
- Five Common Data Stores and When to Use Them (2019) - Article describes five common data stores (relational database, non-relational (“NoSQL”) database, key-value store, full-text search engine, message queue) and their attributes.
- Comparing Database Types: How Database Types Evolved to Meet Different Needs - Good overview of databases in general and how NoSQL database types differ and can be useful.
Data Structures and Modeling
- Unified Data Modeling for Relational and NoSQL Databases - Solution for managing both NoSQL and relational databases using the Unified Data Modeling technique.
- /r/nosql - Reddit page on NoSQL on general questions and discussions people may have about NoSQL databases.
- Graph Data Modeling Visualize Structure and Meaning - Brief introduction to graph data modeling and is an introduction to the book "Graph Data Modeling for NoSQL and SQL" by Thomas Frisendal.
Criticisms and Debates
- Addressing the NoSQL Criticism (2011) - Argues against nine criticisms to NoSQL databases as they apply to CouchDB, but may apply to others as well.
5. Awesome Construct
- Games made with Construct - A website that list all the games made with the engine.
6. Awesome Godot
Plugins and scripts / Various Godot versions
- Godot Shaders (⭐2.1k) - A large library of free and open-source shaders for 2D and 3D.
7. Alternative Internet
Cloud and storage
- DAT decentralized file system with live replication
- IPFS is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identities. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. IPFS is an open source project developed by the team at Interplanetary Networks and many contributors from the open source community.
- ownCloud is personal cloud software with a focus on ease of use and syncing, mobile clients and a wide range of applications.
- Perkeep (was Camlistore) is your personal storage system for life. It is an acronym for "Content-Addressable Multi-Layer Indexed Storage" and could be described as "Like git for all content in your life"
- Seafile is a cloud software similar to owncloud, with clients for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. Server for Linux and Raspberry Pi.
- Sia is the leading decentralized cloud storage platform. No signups, no servers, no trusted third parties. Sia leverages blockchain technology to create a data storage marketplace that is more robust and more affordable than traditional cloud storage providers. Instead of using a centralized provider, peers on Sia rent storage from each other. Sia itself stores only the storage contracts formed between parties, using a Bitcoin-style blockchain.
- Tahoe-LAFS is a Free and Open cloud storage system. It distributes your data across multiple servers. Even if some of the servers fail or are taken over by an attacker, the entire filesystem continues to function correctly, preserving your privacy and security.
- Thali is an open source personal data store that syncs across one or more of your devices, and (selectively, via one or more apps) to one or more more trusted peers. Data store: Couchbase Lite (open source, NoSQL, multi-master sync). Trust model: public key exchange, mutual SSL authentication. Network transport: HTTPS. P2P mechanisms: local/ad-hoc, or Tor (using hidden services).
Cryptocurrencies and markets
- BitCoin is a digital currency, a protocol, and a software that enables it. Decentralized crypto-currency
- Bitsquare Bitsquare is a decentralized bitcoin exchange. It supports national currencies (fiat) with a variety of payment methods as well as alternative cryptocurrencie
- Ethereum is an enhanced cryptocurrency with support for Next-Generation Generalized Smart Contract and Smart Property.
- PeerCoin/PPCoin is the first known cryptocurrency based on an implementation of a combined proof-of-stake/proof-of-work system
Developer tools and frameworks
- Kademlia is a distributed hash table for decentralized peer-to-peer computer networks
- OpenDHT (⭐919) is a lightweight C++11 Distributed Hash Table implementation offering a clean and powerful distributed map API. It is used by Ring, is able to listen to value changes and adds a cryptography layer.
- Shark is an open source framework for building semantic P2P applications in Java. It facilitates building decentralized application based on the notion of ontologies. The name is an acronym for 'Shared Knowledge'.
- cabal is a distributed chat platform built ontop of dat's foundational technologies. It's like IRC except you have backscroll when you join, and there are no servers. There is currently a nodejs library (⭐299), a terminal client (⭐517), a desktop client (⭐784), and an experimental mobile client (⭐147).
- Delta Chat is a free software chat application and ecosystem based on IMAP and SMTP, which leverages end-to-end encryption via autocrypt. It piggybacks on top of the huge, already existing email infrastructure. All you need to get started is an email address. There's a client for Android and clients for iOS and desktop in the works. Follow the development on the GitHub page.
- Meshtastic as an open-source extendable mesh communication and location sharing device. Based on off-the-shelf $30 modules from various vendors, 8 day battery life. Good for skiers, hikers, protestors, finding lost kids, etc...
- PrivMX WebMail is an alternative private mail system with independent, decentralized PKI and support for end-to-end encrypted web forms.
- RetroShare is an open source, decentralised communication platform. It lets you chat and share with friends and family, with a web-of-trust to authenticate peers.
- Scramble is easy-to-use, open source encrypted email. Scramble server has no knowledge of the message contents, since encryption is always performed end-to-end on the clients. Public keys are verified using a fedetared trust model based on multiple independent notaries.
- Starkit is a private cloud plug-n-play secure email server for private communication allowing you the benefits of secure email as soon as you turn it on. Bundled with Web-based interface for anywhere access. Apart from a Secure Mail Server You can use Starkit as your Secure Private Cloud storage to save important documents, photos and videos and access your stuff from anywhere. Requires zero maintenance.
- STEED is a protocol for opportunistic email encryption, featuring automatic key generation and distribution.
- The FNF is the free network foundation: teaching how to build wireless community networks.
- Freifunk is a non-commercial initiative for free decentralised wireless mesh networks. Technically Freifunk firmwares are based on OpenWRT and OLSR or B.A.T.M.A.N.
- Funkfeuer is, just like Freifunk, a non commercial initiative for free wireless mesh networks. Funkfeuer is based in Austria and uses OpenWRT as the firmware for the Routers.
- IPOP (IP-over-P2P) is an open-source user-centric software virtual network allowing end users to define and create their own virtual private networks.
- LibreVPN is a virtual mesh network using tinc plus configuration scripts that even let you build your own mesh VPN. It's also IPv6 enabled.
- Netsukuku is an ad-hoc network system designed to handle massive numbers of nodes with minimal consumption of CPU and memory resources. It can be used to build a world-wide distributed, fault-tolerant, anonymous, and censorship-immune network, fully independent from the Internet.
- NYC Mesh aims to create a free, resilient, stand-alone communication system that serves both for daily use and also for emergencies—be it power outages or internet disruption—running software that helps our community with hyperlocal maps and events.
- OpenNIC Project is an alternative DNS provider that is open and democratic.
- People's Open Network is a community mesh network in Oakland, California.
- ZeroNet enabled decentralized websites using Bitcoin crypto and the BitTorrent network
- Buddycloud is built for people who care about their privacy. We are building the future of social networks. A future founded on openness. A future built using open standards. We are making the future happen now, by building a massively scaled and fully distributed social network. Buddycloud is leading a quiet revolution to replace the closed retweet and like incumbents.
- Diaspora* is a free social network consisting of personal web server that implements a distributed social networking service. Diaspora* is a fun and creative community that puts you in control.
- Iris is a social networking application that stores everything on its users' devices which communicate directly with each other — no corporate gatekeepers needed.
- Mastodon is “the world’s largest free, open-source, decentralized microblogging network.”
- Movim is a decentralized open source social network based on XMPP.
- Patchwork (⭐3.6k) is a distributed social network. It uses crytographic keypairs to create feeds and publish unforgeable entries which can spread across the network. Relay servers optionally aggregate and redistribute the feeds.
- Pleroma is a free, federated social networking server built on open protocols. It is compatible with GNU Social, Mastodon, and many other ActivityPub implementations.
- PPNet (⭐118) is a middleware that can be used to create a social network, either temporarily or permanently for a group of users. Includes mobile client for Android.
- Scuttlebutt gossip based p2p community social media, chess, book reviews, gatherings, ... (code here)
- Synereo is an open source, decentralized social network. It is an attention economy that rewards popular content and participation with crypto-currency. Content is promoted or advertised in a way that fairly rewards the content's creator and those who choose to engage with that content. An automatic and transparent reputation economy assures that you experience content relevant to you. The privacy of your communications and contacts is baked-in to the structure of the network. Synereo is modeled in π-calculus and functionally programmed in Scala.
- Tonika is a (digital) social network, which (by design) restricts direct communication to pairs of users who are friends, possesses many of the security properties (privacy, anonymity, deniability, resilience to denial-of-service attacks, etc.) that human sociaties implement organically in daily life.
- trsst looks and feels like twitter but encrypted and anonymized and decentralized and only you hold the keys. Protocol implementation draft is available on github (⭐174).
- Twister is a secure and fully-decentralized P2P microblogging platform based on concepts and code from Bitcoin and Libtorrent (as described in this whitepaper). Feel free to contribute to its core service (⭐1.4k) or HTML UI (⭐230)!
- Vole is a web-based social network that you use in your browser, without a central server. It's built on the power of Bittorrent, Go and Ember.js. Uses bittorrent sync.
- The Serval Project lets mobile phones make phone calls to each other peer-to-peer without a base station.
- Smallest Federated Wiki innovates in three ways. It shares through federation, composes by refactoring and wraps data with visualization. The project aims to demonstrate that wiki would have been better had it been effectively federated from the beginning, and explore federation policies necessary to sustain an open creative community.
- Bitcloud is an open source distributed cloud storage system and escrow agent based on Tahoe-LAFS that allows publishers to pay storage nodes for storing encrypted data and sharing that data with others. The decentralized nature of Bitcloud allows anyone to publish large amounts of data in a way that is free from censorship, high costs, and proprietary software. The first application for bitcloud will be WeTube (⭐54), a platform for viewing and publishing videos, podcasts, ebooks, music, and other forms of media.
- The Drogulus (WIP) is a programmable peer-to-peer data store. It's an open, federated and decentralised system where the identity of users and provenance of data is ensured by cryptographically signing digital assets.Redecentralise Video interview
- Swarm is a distributed storage platform and content distribution service, a native base layer service of the ethereum web3 stack. It uses the ethereum economy to incentivize P2P storage.
- VirtKick is your self-hosted DigitalOcean. Take cloud back to your computer, home network or a dedicated server. Manage virtual machines, Docker containers and create 1-click apps.
- Bitmarkets (⭐110) a working decentralized marketplace based on bitcoinj and bitmessage.
- Streisand (⭐23k) sets up a new server running L2TP/IPsec, OpenSSH, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, Stunnel, and a Tor bridge. It also generates custom configuration instructions for all of these services. At the end of the run you are given an HTML file with instructions that can be shared with friends, family members, or fellow activists.
- OTRTalk (⭐49) Is a command line based chat application, uses BitTorrent P2P DHT Network for peer discovery and OTR (Off the Record) for secure messaging.
- Quietnet (⭐2.9k) is a simple chat program using near ultrasonic frequencies. It works without Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and cannot be eavesdropped using conventional network capturing methods.
8. Awesome Fuzzing
Tools / Binary
- Jazzer (⭐694) - A coverage-guided, in-process fuzzer for the Java Virtual Machine. It is based on libFuzzer and can be applied directly to compiled applications.
Platform / Driver
- CI Fuzz - A CI/CD-agnostic platform for feedback-based fuzz testing of both native applications and Java web apps.
9. Public Apis
API: 4chan (⭐901)
Description: Simple image-based bulletin board dedicated to a variety of topics
10. Awesome React Native
Build & Development / Navigation Demos
- react-native-react-bridge (⭐109) - A toolset to run React web app in React Native and handle communication between them.
11. Awesome Software Patreons
People Doing Open Source Work / Hardware related
- Bailey Burnsed - FOSS Nerd developing open source games in Godot and Rust
12. Awesome Bigdata
- Cronicle (⭐1.6k) - Distributed, easy to install, NodeJS based, task scheduler
- Dash (⭐18k) - Analytical Web Apps for Python, R, Julia, and Jupyter. Built on top of plotly, no JS required
13. Awesome Cl
Emacs / Third-party APIs
- Emacs4CL (⭐251) - A tiny Emacs initialization file to quickly set up vanilla Emacs for Common Lisp programming. Comes with a line-by-line explanation of every line of code in the initialization file.
14. Awesome Italy Events
- 27-31 - Global Game Jam - Multiple locations - Get together and create games in one weekend.
- 11-12 - Shipping 4.0 - Online - Technology improvements in shipping sector.
- 21 - ServerlessDays 2021 - Rome - Developer-oriented conference about serverless technologies.
- 24 - AWS Innovate ML & AI - Online - AI & Machine Learning with AWS.
- 2-4 - Microsoft Ignite - Online - Microsoft annual conference.
- 11 - CSSDay 2021 - Online - CSS dedicated conference.
- 23-25 - Codemotion Online tech conference 2021 - Online - Biggest tech conference in Italy.
- 7-9 - ITASEC 21 - Online - Cybersecurity italian conference.
- 15 - RubyDay 2021 - Online - Ruby's national conference.
- 28-30 - Secsolutionforum - Online - The digital event for the security industry.
- 29 - VueDay 2021 - Online - Vue's national conference.
- 29 - HackInBo - Bologna - Free INFOSEC event.
- 25 - RomHack - Roma - Cybersecurity convention.
- 27-28 - ItaliaSec - Milano - This groundbreaking summit is designed for senior security leaders.
15. Awesome Interview Questions
Programming Languages/Frameworks/Platforms / Python