Awesome List Updates on Aug 11, 2020
21 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Devtools
Resources / Glyphs & Icons
2. Awesome Agriculture
- farm-calculators (⭐12) - WordPress plugin for calculating various farming and crop related information.
Climate, Environment and Weather
- agroclimatology (⭐15) - Ruby client for interacting with the NASA (POWER) Agroclimatology Web Resource.
- evapotranspiration (⭐11) - Ruby library for calculating reference crop evapotranspiration (ETo).
Data Standardization, Interoperability and APIs
- agx-ruby (⭐5) - Ruby client for Proagrica's agX platform APIs.
3. Awesome Naming
- Confusion matrix - A tabular summary of a classifiers "confusion", i.e. how often it thought to make correct predictions when it actually didn't.
4. Awesome Embedded Rust
Driver crates / Other
- dht-sensor - 1-Wire - DHT11/DHT22 temperature/humidity sensor driver - github (⭐14) -
5. Awesome Security
Datastores / Online resources
- acra (⭐1.1k) - Database security suite: proxy for data protection with transparent "on the fly" data encryption, data masking and tokenization, SQL firewall (SQL injections prevention), intrusion detection system.
6. Awesome Elixir
- geohash_nif (⭐1) - Drop in replacement for Geohash encode/decode library implemented as a NIF.
7. Awesome Yew
- RustMart (⭐256) - Single Page Application (SPA) written using Rust, Wasm and Yew.
8. Awesome Cassandra
Cassandra Deployment / Cassandra Deployment on Kubernetes / Kubernetized Cassandra
- Strapdata - Elassandra Operator for Kubernetes (⭐11) - The Elassandra Kubernetes Operator automates the deployment and management of Elassandra clusters deployed in multiple Kubernetes clusters.
9. Awesome Robotic Tooling
Development Environment / Debugging and Tracing
- gdb-dashboard (⭐8.9k) - GDB dashboard is a standalone .gdbinit file written using the Python API that enables a modular interface showing relevant information about the program being debugged.
10. Awesome Crypto Papers
Introducing people to data security and cryptography / General cryptographic interest
- The security impact of a new cryptographic library - Introductory paper on NaCl, discussing important aspects of implementing cryptography and using it as a larger building block in security systems, by Daniel J. Bernstein, Tanja Lange, Peter Schwabe.
Specific topics / Secret key cryptography
- GCM Security Bounds Reconsidered - An analysis and algorithm for nonce generation for AES GCM with higher counter-collision probability, by Yuichi Niwa, Keisuke Ohashi, Kazuhiko Minematsu, Tetsu Iwata.
- Proxy-Mediated Searchable Encryption in SQL Databases Using Blind Indexes - An overview of existing searchable encryption schemes, and analysis of scheme built on AES-GCM, blind index and bloom filter by Eugene Pilyankevich, Dmytro Kornieiev, Artem Storozhuk.
Specific topics / Cryptanalysis
- How to Break MD5 and Other Hash Functions - A 2005 paper about modular differential collision attack on MD5, MD4 and other hash functions, by Xiaoyun Wang and Hongbo Yu.
- New attacks on Keccak-224 and Keccak-256 - A 2012 paper about using the combination of differential and algebraic techniques for collision attacks on SHA-3, by Itai Dinur, Orr Dunkelman, Adi Shamir.
- A Single-Key Attack on the Full GOST Block Cipher - An attack ("Reflection-Meet-inthe-Middle Attack") on GOST block cipher that allows to recover key with 2^225 computations and 2^32 known plaintexts, by Takanori Isobe.
Specific topics / Zero Knowledge Proofs
- Multi-Theorem Preprocessing NIZKs from Lattices - Construction of non-interactive zero-knowledge (NIZK) proofs using lattice-based preprocessing models, by Sam Kim and David J. Wu.
Specific topics / Key Management
- Selecting Cryptographic Key Sizes - Classic paper from 1999 with guidelines for the determination of key sizes for symmetric cryptosystems, RSA, ECC, by Arjen K. Lenstra and Eric R. Verheul.
11. Awesome Selfhosted
Software / Proxy
- Nginx Proxy Manager - Nginx Proxy Manager is an easy way to accomplish reverse proxying hosts with SSL termination. (Source Code (⭐12k))
12. Awesome Ros2
Operating systems / Build system (ROS2)
- PYNQ - Python-based rapid prototyping of high performance ML applications running on XILINX FPGAs.
13. Awesome Cpp
- PGM-index (⭐668) - A data structure that enables fast lookup, predecessor, range searches and updates in arrays of billions of items using orders of magnitude less space than traditional indexes. [Apache2] website
14. Awesome Humane Tech
Fediverse / Wear our badge
- Pleroma - A free, federated social microblogging server built on open protocols.
- PixelFed - A free and ethical photo sharing platform, powered by ActivityPub federation.
- Funkwhale - A federated social platform to enjoy and share music.
- friendica - A decentralized social communications platform.
- GNU Social - The free/libre software social networking platform.
Health / Wear our badge
- Golden Cheetah - Performance software for Cyclists, Runners and Triathletes that reads from many devices.
15. Awesome Algorithms
- Programiz - Easy to follow tutorials on data structures and algorithms along with suitable examples.
Online Judges / Randomized Algorithms
- Codility - Compete to land coding jobs at top companies
Blogs / Randomized Algorithms
- Algorithm Tutorials by Tanuj Khattar - Excellent blog by Tanuj Khattar. Covers tutorials on some interesting data structures along with example problems to solve.
16. Awesome Microservices
API Gateways / Edge Services / Scala
- Open Service Mesh - Lightweight and extensible cloud native service mesh.
Organization Design / Team Dynamics / Scala
- How Do Committees Invent? 🔸PDF - Melvin E. Conway, Datamation magazine 1968. The original article defining Conway's Law.
- Service per Team - Each team is responsible for one or more business functions (e.g. business capabilities). A team owns a code base consisting of one or more modules. Its code base is sized so as to not exceed the cognitive capacity of team. The team deploys its code as one or more services. A team should have exactly one service unless there is a proven need to have multiple services.
- Start with Team Cognitive Load - Team Topologies 🔺YT - DOES19 London. The "monoliths vs microservices" debate often focuses on technological aspects, ignoring strategy and team dynamics. Instead of technology, smart-thinking organizations are beginning with team cognitive load as the guiding principle for modern software. In this talk, we explain how and why, illustrated by real case studies.
17. ALL About RSS
Web Feed Specifications
🧩 API / Webpage Monitor Services with capability of moniting RSS Feed 1264
Apps / Outline Processor Markup Language
💖 Acknowledgement / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
🔱 Workflow Automation / 酷Q Plugin
universally from / Kanban
specifically from ( a certain platform ) / Wechat Subscription Accounts (微信公众号)
RSS2WIDGET / For website
RSS2WIDGET / For desktop
📄 Academic literature / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
- Tony Hammond, Timo Hannay, and Ben Lund (2004) ‘The Role of RSS in Science Publishing’, D-Lib Magazine, 10, 12
😣 Services that have stopped supporting RSS / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
- Web of Science: As of November, 2019, the ability to make new RSS feeds in Web of Science has been removed.
Podcast apps that will work with your custom RSS link / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
Podcast Search Engine / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
Podcast RSS feed submission page for audio platforms / Crypto or Blockchain relevant
18. Awesome Esolangs
- Tru (⭐3) - A stack-based language with prefix-free brackets.
19. Awesome Diversity
- Write/Speak/Code - A 501c3, tax-exempt non-profit that hosts an annual conference and meetup events designed to help you fully own your expertise through writing, speaking, and open source.
20. Awesome Cybersecurity Blueteam
DevSecOps / Compliance testing and reporting
- Chef InSpec - Language for describing security and compliance rules, which become automated tests that can be run against IT infrastructures to discover and report on non-compliance.
- OpenSCAP Base - Both a library and a command line tool (
oscap) used to evaluate a system against SCAP baseline profiles to report on the security posture of the scanned system(s).
21. Awesome Python
- DearPyGui (⭐9.4k) - A Simple GPU accelerated Python GUI framework
- Prefect (⭐11k) - A modern workflow orchestration framework that makes it easy to build, schedule and monitor robust data pipelines.
- Prev: Aug 12, 2020
- Next: Aug 10, 2020