Track Awesome Esolangs Updates Daily
Curated list of awesome Esoteric languages and resources
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 angrykoala/awesome-esolangs · ⭐ 422 · 🏷️ Miscellaneous
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Sep 19, 2023
- ><> - A stack-based 2d language with support for reflection.
Jun 02, 2023
- Malbolge - Named after the 8th level of hell, is designed to be as difficult as possible to program.
Jun 01, 2023
- COW - Brainfuck variant using twelve variations of moos as instructions.
Apr 19, 2023
- Electra (⭐76) - Code like an electrician.
Jan 29, 2022
- asmbf (⭐96) - The only true brainfuck assembler toolkit.
- MalbolgeLisp (⭐382) - A Lisp interpreter in Malbolge Unshackled.
- Esolangs Discord Server - A Discord community about esoteric languages.
Dec 05, 2021
- False - Heavily obfuscated language with a minimal implementation.
- Haifu - Designed with the core values of Eastern philosophy in mind.
May 25, 2021
- Piet - Language in which programs look like abstract paintings using colors as code. Named after Piet Mondrian.
- RASEL (⭐6) - Fungeoid with no limits on program space, float precision, and with a bit of random access to stack.
May 08, 2021
- FlipJump (⭐46) - 1 instruction: Flip a bit, then Jump. The simplest OISC.
Mar 28, 2021
- FreakC (⭐129) - Full-blown programming language with NSFW contents and memes.
- JellyScript - Brainfuck-based with delicious jelly.
Dec 30, 2020
- Watson (⭐271) - Stack-based Turing-incomplete configuration files.
Dec 28, 2020
- C Flat (⭐14) - Musical language focused on sound rather than notation with creative freedom in mind.
Oct 11, 2020
- legit - Programs defined entirely by the graph of the git repository instead of its contents.
Oct 01, 2020
- Technologic - Language in which programs look like the lyrics to the Daft Punk song Technologic.
Aug 23, 2020
- Brackets (⭐3) - Language made of brackets, a lot of brackets.
Aug 11, 2020
- Tru (⭐3) - A stack-based language with prefix-free brackets.
Aug 10, 2020
- Dots (⭐5) - A turing-complete language using "." symbol only.
- Jelly (⭐779) - Golfing language based on J.
Jul 08, 2020
- Ni (⭐6) - Brainfuck-based with more helpful instructions.
Jun 02, 2020
- AlmostBinary (⭐6) - Code in binary and run on any platform.
May 17, 2020
- 1+ - A surprisingly user-friendly language with a highly-limited instruction set.
May 04, 2020
- Spooky - The scariest programming language 🎃 💀.
- NoCode (⭐58k) - Secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere.
Apr 30, 2020
- INTERCAL - Parody language intended to be completely different from other languages.
- TrumpScript (⭐7.5k) - Make Python great again.
Apr 28, 2020
- ajsone - Language defined completely in JSON.
- 文言 (Wenyan) - Closely follows the grammar and tone of classical Chinese literature.
- Code Golf Stack Exchange - Golfing problems and answers.
Apr 27, 2020
- Folders (⭐366) - Code written with folders.
Apr 26, 2020
- ArnoldC - Based on the best one-liners of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- CSS-only-chat (⭐6.5k) - A truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend.
Apr 07, 2020
- 78 (⭐3) - A single-character command language focused around the numbers 7 and 8.
Jan 20, 2020
- Golfscript - Stack oriented, aimed at solving problems in as few keystrokes as possible.
Jan 14, 2020
- Turtle (⭐4) - Uses long-term storage for memory use.
Jan 10, 2020
- FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition (⭐19k) - Simple FizzBuzz game implemented under the most strict enterprise standards.
- Petrovich - Operating System concept based on random actions and rewards/punishments.
Dec 28, 2019
- WordLang - A language based on meaning-like grammar that produces output.
Dec 11, 2019
- ZOMBIE - Inherently evil multithreaded language designed for Necromancers.
Nov 01, 2019
- Fugue - Music as source code.
- Monicelli (⭐1.3k) - Programming using Italian-like gibberish.
- πfs (⭐6.4k) - Pi-based storage system, store your data by searching a matching sequence in pi.
- Stacksort - Sorts a list by searching answers in Stack Overflow and executing code snippets until is sorted.
- Esolang List of ideas - Compilation of ideas for esoteric languages and related.
- On the Turing Completeness Of MS PowerPoint - Turing Machine on PowerPoint.
Oct 20, 2019
- Lazy K - Minimal, turing-complete pure functional language without extra features.
- Unlambda - Obfuscated functional programming.
Oct 19, 2019
- Six programming paradigms that will change how you think about coding - Post by Yevgeniy Brikman describing different programming paradigms that are not commonly applied.
- The Fun (and Madness) of Esoteric Programming Languages - Straightforward introduction to esoteric languages with examples.
Oct 18, 2019
- Orca - Livecoding environment to quickly create procedural audio sequencers.
Aug 15, 2019
- Vigil (⭐2.8k) - Only Vigil is truly vigilant about not allowing code that fails to pass programmatic specifications.
Jan 28, 2019
- Esoteric Codes - Articles and documents collection.
Dec 03, 2018
- Charcoal (⭐196) - Concise language for sketching ASCII art.
Sep 29, 2018
- Chicken - Only 1 valid symbol: 'chicken'.
- Thue (⭐25) - Matrioshka language based on nondeterministic string rewriting of a semi-Thue grammar.
- DM's Esoteric Programming Languages - List of esoteric languages and algorithms written by dangermouse.
Aug 28, 2018
- Enterprise™ (⭐1.6k) - Non deterministic unnecessarily statically typed language.
- Rockstar (⭐72) - Designed for creating computer programs that are also song lyrics.
Mar 07, 2018
- Omgrofl - Syntax resembling Internet slang.
Jan 28, 2018
- Emojicode - Full-blown programming language consisting of emojis.
Jan 25, 2018
- Fetlang (⭐1.5k) - Designed such that source code looks like poorly written fetish erotica.
Sep 09, 2017
- Z - Use only the letter z.
Apr 24, 2017
- Rosettacode - Provides examples in different languages, including esoteric languages.
- Let's Build a Basic Interpreter (Ruslan's Blog) - Series of articles explaining the basics of compilers and interpreters and how to build one.
Apr 23, 2017
- Befunge - Two-dimensional language.
- Brainfuck - Minimalist language using only 8 single-character commands.
- Chef - Programs that look like cooking recipes.
- reMorse - Morse-styled language.
- Shakespeare - Language where the code appear to be Shakespearean plays.
- Whitespace - Use only white-characters (space, tabs and newlines).
- Esolang - Wiki of esoteric programming languages and related Resources.
- Freenode IRC Channel - The #esoteric IRC channel on freenode.
- Reddit Esolangs - Reddit community on esolangs.
Apr 10, 2017
- Suzy (⭐8) - 3D language inspired in Befunge.
Mar 14, 2017
- ChuckScript (⭐31) - Unary-based language, where the code is a single number.
- DNA# - Language based on the structure of the DNA.
- LolCode - Language with keywords based on the lolcat meme expressions.
- Ook! - Brainfuck-based language, where the commands are orangutan words.
- Unary - Brainfuck-based language where all the commands are 0.
- Velato - Language that uses MIDI files as source, programs are defined by the pitch and order of notes.
- Whenever - Language that does things whenever it wants.
- Wikipedia/Esoteric programming languages - Wikipedia list of esoteric languages.
Mar 05, 2017
- Esofiles (⭐89) - The Esoteric Files Archive, an archive of implementations of esoteric programming languages and examples.