Track Awesome Opengl Updates Daily
A curated list of awesome OpenGL libraries, debuggers and resources.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 eug/awesome-opengl · ⭐ 1.9K · 🏷️ Miscellaneous
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Aug 17, 2023
- raylib (⭐14k) - A simple and easy-to-use library to enjoy videogames programming.
Sep 12, 2022
- morphologica (⭐187) - OpenGL graphics engine for data visualization, especially of numerical simulations.
Oct 23, 2020
- (2011) A trip through the graphics pipeline by Fabian Giesen - Comprehensive and rich series about the D3D/OpenGL graphics pipeline.
Apr 12, 2020
- tracy (⭐6.1k) - A real time remote telemetry frame profiler for games and other applications.
Feb 06, 2020
- 3D Game Shaders For Beginners (⭐16k) by David Lettier
Aug 28, 2019
- glbindify (⭐3) - Command line tool to generate C bindings for OpenGL, wgl, and glX.
- Jamie King - Comprehensive tutorials about modern OpenGL and Qt.
Aug 09, 2018
- RenderDoc (⭐7.7k) - RenderDoc is a stand-alone graphics debugging tool.
May 10, 2018
- CodeXL (⭐986) - AMD's tool suite that includes debugger, profiler and frame/shader analysis.
- assimp (⭐9.4k) - Portable library to import 3D models in a uniform manner.
- TheChernoProject - Introduction to OpenGL in C++
May 12, 2017
- Pangolin (⭐2k) - Lightweight portable rapid development library for managing OpenGL display / interaction and abstracting video input.
Apr 16, 2017
- GLFM (⭐502) - Supplies an OpenGL ES context and input events for mobile devices and the web.
Apr 15, 2017
- Interactive Computer Graphics by Edward Angel and Dave Shreiner - It provides several examples using OpenGL and it covers several aspects at once, but if you are trying to learn OpenGL on your own you might not find this helpful.
Apr 02, 2017
- (2014) Ray tracing with OpenGL Compute Shaders (⭐419) by Kai Burjack - Detailed tutorial series about ray tracing using OpenGL (LWJGL).
- (2014) Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL by Rich Geldreich - Constructive (or not) criticism of GL API.
- (2010) What is OpenGL? by Joe Groff - Brief introduction to the building blocks of OpenGL.
- A Trip Down the Graphics Pipeline by Jim Blinn - Popular book that contains wealth information about the graphics pipeline, and of the best sources to learn the core concepts of Computer Graphics.
- OpenGL Insights by Patrick Cozzi, Christophe Riccio - Rich and comprehensive resource to learn techniques and tips, covering several advanced topics of OpenGL.
- OpenGL Programming Guide by Dave Shreiner, et al. - It does a good job covering the basics and providing clear reference of the API.
- OpenGL Shading Language by Randi J. Rost, et al. - Very clear and well written book about Shading Language. Also, it provides several explanations of writing shaders.
- OpenGL SuperBible by Richard S. Wright, et al. - It covers the basic concepts of computer graphics and provides clear examples using OpenGL. Definitely, it is a must for beginners.
- Real-Time Rendering by Tomas Akenine-Moller, Eric Haines and Naty Hoffman - It does a good job at explaining concepts for game engine, basis for game client programming as well as the necessary knowledge for understanding DirectX and OpenGL.
- GL-SL Debugger - Tool for debugging OpenGL programs.
- GLIntercept (⭐481) - OpenGL function call interceptor for Windows.
- NVIDIA® Nsight™ - Development platform for graphics applications.
- freeGLUT - Mature library that allows to create/manage windows containing OpenGL contexts.
- GLFW - Modern library for creating/interact windows with OpenGL contexts.
- glm - Mathematics library for graphics software based on the GLSL specifications.
- Magnum (⭐4.5k) - It is a 2D/3D graphics engine for modern OpenGL.
- MathFu - C++ math library developed primarily for games focused on simplicity and efficiency.
- Newton - It is a cross-platform life-like physics.
- OGLplus - Collection of libraries which implement an object-oriented facade over OpenGL.
- SDL - Designed to provide low level access to multimedia and graphics hardware.
- SFML - Simple interface to ease the development of games and multimedia applications.
- gl3w (⭐666) - Simple OpenGL core profile loader.
- glad (⭐3.2k) - Multi profile loader-generator based on the official specs.
- glbinding (⭐791) - Profile loader leveraging C++11 features to provide type safety.
- GLEW - Mature cross-platform library to load OpenGL extensions.
- docs.GL - It is an alternative documentation for OpenGL.
- OpenGL Wiki - Official OpenGL wiki.
Mar 18, 2017
- apitrace - Tools for tracing OpenGL, Direct3D, and other graphics APIs.
- vogl (⭐1.4k) - OpenGL capture and playback debugger developed by Valve.
- OpenGL API Tables - Quick reference of API's for several OpenGL and GLSL versions.
- OpenGL Cheat Sheet - Quick reference card of OpenGL 4.3 commands and syntax.
- Moving Your Games to OpenGL by Rich Geldreich, Dan Ginsburg, Peter Lohrmann, Jason Mitchell [54:45]
- MakingGamesWithBen - Video tutorials (step-by-step) about OpenGL and game development.
- SIGGRAPH - Popular conference about computer graphics.
- thebennybox - Videos tutorials about OpenGL and game development.
- ThinMatrix - Video tutorials about OpenGL and game development using Java.
- sentdex - Videos tutorials about OpenGL (immediate mode) using Python.
- Sonar Systems - Learn about the new and modern OpenGL 3.0+.
- Learn OpenGL by Joey de Vries
- Learning Modern 3D Graphics Programming by Jason L. McKesson
- awesome-webgl (⭐1.2k) - A curated list of awesome WebGL libraries, resources and much more.
Mar 28, 2016
- awesome-vulkan (⭐2.9k) - A curated list of awesome Vulkan projects and ecosystem.
Sep 10, 2015
- ShaderFrog - WebGL Shader Editor and Composer
Sep 02, 2015
- Computer Graphics by John F. Hughes, et al. - Computer Graphics is indeed a must for anyone being involved in the design and implementation of Computer Graphics algorithms. However, this is not a OpenGL focused book, but contains valuable demonstrations of the technology.
- OpenGL ES 3.0 Programming Guide by Dan Ginsburg, et al. - It presents all the necessary information to use the OpenGL ES 3.0 API in a clear manner.
Jul 22, 2015
- OpenGL Docs - Official documentation website.
Jul 21, 2015
- gamedev (⭐12k) - A awesome list about game development.
- graphics-resources (⭐1.7k) - A list of graphic programming resources.
Jul 18, 2015
- Approaching Zero Driver Overhead in OpenGL - Slides - AMA Reddit by Cass Everitt, Tim Foley, John McDonald, Graham Sellers [1:15:54]
- How Modern OpenGL Can Radically Reduce Driver Overhead by Cass Everitt, John McDonald [51:13]
Jul 13, 2015
- Light House 3D by Light House 3D
- Modern OpenGL by Tom Dalling
- OpenGL Examples (⭐2.1k) by Norbert Nopper
- OpenGL Step by Step by Etay Meiri
- OpenGL Tutorial by Alexander Overvoorde
- OpenGL Tutorial by Anton Gerdelan
- OpenGL Tutorial by Bonder Wu
- OpenGL Tutorial by Song Ho Ahn
Jul 12, 2015
- SHDR Editor - Live GLSL shader editor, viewer and validator.
Jul 08, 2015
- Bullet - It provides state of the art collision detection, soft body and rigid body dynamics.
Jul 06, 2015
- awesome (⭐264k) - A curated list of awesome lists.
- awesome-computer-vision (⭐19k) - A curated list of awesome computer vision resources.
Jul 03, 2015
- GLSL Sandbox - Online live editor for fragment shaders.
- Shader Toy - Most popular live editor for fragment shaders.
Jul 02, 2015
- Intel-GPA - Intel's OpenGL Graphics Performance Analyzer.