Awesome List Updates on Jul 06, 2017
15 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Laravel
Popular Packages / Developer Tools
- Laravel Decomposer (⭐509) - List all installed packages, their dependencies, app & server details
2. Awesome Broadcasting
Monitoring & Quality Control
- Jack Meter (⭐42) - Text console based DPM (Digital Peak Meter) for JACK.
3. Awesome Readme
- Giphy Capture - FREE - Easy to upload to giphy.com, slightly annoying UX.
4. Awesome Preact
Contents / Components
- Preact Head (⭐37) - Standalone, declarative <Head /> for Preact.
5. Awesome Linux Containers
- Oracle microcontainer manifesto
This is not a new container format, but simply a specific method for constructing a container that allows for better security and stability.
- railcar (⭐1.1k)
Railcar is a rust implementation of the opencontainers initiative's runtime spec. It is similar to the reference implementation runc, but it is implemented completely in rust for memory safety without needing the overhead of a garbage collector or multiple threads.
6. Awesome Bigdata
- MySQL The world's most popular open source database.
- PostgreSQL The world's most advanced open source database.
- Apache MapReduce - programming model for processing large data sets with a parallel, distributed algorithm on a cluster.
- Apache S4 - framework for stream processing, implementation of S4.
- Google Dataflow - create data pipelines to help themæingest, transform and analyze data.
- Google MapReduce - map reduce framework.
- Google MillWheel - fault tolerant stream processing framework.
- Onyx - Distributed computation for the cloud.
- Pinterest Pinlater - asynchronous job execution system.
- Twitter TSAR - TimeSeries AggregatoR by Twitter.
- BeeGFS - formerly FhGFS, parallel distributed file system.
- Google Megastore - scalable, highly available storage.
- GridGain - GGFS, Hadoop compliant in-memory file system.
- Red Hat GlusterFS - scale-out network-attached storage file system.
Document Data Model
- Actian Versant - commercial object-oriented database management systems .
- LinkedIn Espresso - horizontally scalable document-oriented NoSQL data store.
- Microsoft Azure DocumentDB - NoSQL cloud database service with protocol support for MongoDB
- MongoDB - Document-oriented database system.
- RethinkDB - document database that supports queries like table joins and group by.
Key Map Data Model
- Google BigTable - column-oriented distributed datastore.
- Twitter Manhattan - real-time, multi-tenant distributed database for Twitter scale.
Key-value Data Model
- Amazon DynamoDB - distributed key/value store, implementation of Dynamo paper.
- Redis - in memory key value datastore.
Graph Data Model
- GCHQ Gaffer (⭐1.7k) - Gaffer by GCHQ is a framework that makes it easy to store large-scale graphs in which the nodes and edges have statistics.
- Google Cayley (⭐14k) - open-source graph database.
- Twitter FlockDB (⭐3.3k) - distributed graph database.
- Pivotal Greenplum - purpose-built, dedicated analytic data warehouse that offers a columnar engine as well as a traditional row-based one.
- SQream DB - A GPU powered big data database, designed for analytics and data warehousing, with ANSI-92 compliant SQL, suitable for data sets from 10TB to 1PB.
- Google F1 - distributed SQL database built on Spanner.
- Google Spanner - globally distributed semi-relational database.
- SAP HANA - is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system.
- Prometheus - a time series database and service monitoring system.
- Actian SQL for Hadoop - high performance interactive SQL access to all Hadoop data.
- Cloudera Impala - framework for interactive analysis, Inspired by Dremel.
- Google BigQuery - framework for interactive analysis, implementation of Dremel.
- Splice Machine - a full-featured SQL-on-Hadoop RDBMS with ACID transactions.
- Stinger - interactive query for Hive.
- Amazon Kinesis - real-time processing of streaming data at massive scale.
- Embulk - open-source bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases, storages, file formats, and cloud services.
- Google Photon - geographically distributed system for joining multiple continuously flowing streams of data in real-time with high scalability and low latency.
- LinkedIn Databus - stream of change capture events for a database.
- Google Chubby - a lock service for loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- Linkedin Norbert - cluster manager.
- OpenMPI - message passing framework.
- Serf - decentralized solution for service discovery and orchestration.
- MonkeyLearn - Text mining made easy. Extract and classify data from text.
- PredictionIO - machine learning server buit on Hadoop, Mahout and Cascading.
- Apache Eagle - real time monitoring solution
- Apache YARN - Cluster manager.
- Google Borg - job scheduling and monitoring system.
- Hortonworks HOYA - application that can deploy HBase cluster on YARN.
- Apache Metron - a platform that integrates a variety of open source big data technologies in order to offer a centralized tool for security monitoring and analysis.
- Argus (⭐492) - Time series monitoring and alerting platform.
- Hunk - Splunk analytics for Hadoop.
- MADlib - data-processing library of an RDBMS to analyze data.
- Splunk - analyzer for machine-generated data.
- Sumo Logic - cloud based analyzer for machine-generated data.
- Talend - unified open source environment for YARN, Hadoop, HBASE, Hive, HCatalog & Pig.
Search engine and framework
- Elassandra (⭐1.7k) - is a fork of Elasticsearch modified to run on top of Apache Cassandra in a scalable and resilient peer-to-peer architecture.
- Enigma.io – Freemium robust web application for exploring, filtering, analyzing, searching and exporting massive datasets scraped from across the Web.
- Google Percolator - continuous indexing system.
- LinkedIn Galene - search architecture at LinkedIn.
MySQL forks and evolutions
- Amazon RDS - MySQL databases in Amazon's cloud.
- Google Cloud SQL - MySQL databases in Google's cloud.
- MySQL Cluster - MySQL implementation using NDB Cluster storage engine.
PostgreSQL forks and evolutions
- Yahoo Everest - multi-peta-byte database / MPP derived by PostgreSQL.
- BerkeleyDB - a software library that provides a high-performance embedded database for key/value data.
- LMDB - ultra-fast, ultra-compact key-value embedded data store developed by Symas.
- BIME Analytics - business intelligence platform in the cloud.
- datapine - self-service business intelligence tool in the cloud.
- GoodData - platform for data products and embedded analytics.
- Jedox Palo - customisable Business Intelligence platform.
- Jethrodata - Interactive Big Data Analytics.
- Microstrategy - software platforms for business intelligence, mobile intelligence, and network applications.
- Qlik - business intelligence and analytics platform.
- Redash - Open source business intelligence platform, supporting multiple data sources and planned queries.
- Zoomdata - Big Data Analytics.
- FnordMetric - write SQL queries that return SVG charts rather than tables
- Grafana - graphite dashboard frontend, editor and graph composer.
- Graphite - scalable Realtime Graphing.
- Highcharts - simple and flexible charting API.
- Metricsgraphic.js - a library built on top of D3 that is optimized for time-series data
- Superset (⭐49k) - a data exploration platform designed to be visual, intuitive and interactive, making it easy to slice, dice and visualize data and perform analytics at the speed of thought.
- Zeppelin (⭐417) - a notebook-style collaborative data analysis.
Internet of things and sensor data
- ThingWorx - Rapid development and connection of intelligent systems
- NoSQL Comparison - Cassandra vs MongoDB vs CouchDB vs Redis vs Riak vs HBase vs Couchbase vs Neo4j vs Hypertable vs ElasticSearch vs Accumulo vs VoltDB vs Scalaris comparison.
2013 - 2014
- 2013 - Google - HyperLogLog in Practice: Algorithmic Engineering of a State of The Art Cardinality Estimation Algorithm.
- 2013 - Google - F1: A Distributed SQL Database That Scales.
2011 - 2012
- 2012 - AMPLab - BlinkDB: Queries with Bounded Errors and Bounded Response Times on Very Large Data.
- 2012 - Google - Spanner: Google’s Globally-Distributed Database.
- 2011 - Google - Megastore: Providing Scalable, Highly Available Storage for Interactive Services.
2001 - 2010
- 2010 - Google - Large-scale Incremental Processing Using Distributed Transactions and Notiﬁcations base of Percolator and Caffeine.
- 2010 - Google - Dremel: Interactive Analysis of Web-Scale Datasets.
- 2006 - Google - The Chubby lock service for loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- 2004 - Google - MapReduce: Simplied Data Processing on Large Clusters.
- 2003 - Google - The Google File System.
Books / Streaming
- Unified Log Processing - Unified Log Processing is a practical guide to implementing a unified log of event streams (Kafka or Kinesis) in your business
7. Awesome Angular
Books / Components
- Testing Angular Applications
8. Awesome Chrome Devtools
Libraries for driving the protocol (or a layer above)
- C#/dotnet: chrome-dev-tools (⭐71) - Protocol wrapper generator that can be customized by editing handlebars templates. Includes .Net Core template.
9. Awesome Smart Tv
Community / Official resources
10. Awesome Stock Resources
Photography / CC0-license
- Altphotos - Handpicked free high-resolution photos added daily.
11. Awesome Swift
- Zip Foundation (⭐2k) - A library to create, read and modify ZIP archive files.
- Bluejay (⭐1k) - A simple framework for building reliable Bluetooth LE apps.
Maps / Barcode
- GEOSwift (⭐1.4k) - Make it easier to work with geographic models and calculate intersections, overlapping, projections etc.
12. Awesome Dotnet
- ReadLine (⭐790) - A GNU-Readline like library for .NET/.NET Core.
- dotPeek - Free-of-charge standalone tool based on ReSharper's bundled decompiler. It can reliably decompile any .NET assembly into equivalent C# or IL code. It can create Visual Studio solutions based on the original binary files in a straight-forward way. [Proprietary] [Free]
- Foundatio (⭐1.7k) - Pluggable foundation blocks for building distributed apps.
- Modern UI for WPF - MUI (⭐2.5k) - Set of controls and styles to convert WPF applications into a great looking Modern UI apps.
- Gemini (⭐1k) - IDE framework similar in concept to the Visual Studio Shell. Built on WPF, AvalonDock, and Caliburn Micro.
- TopShelf (⭐3.6k) - An easy service hosting framework for building Windows services using .NET
13. Machine Learning with Ruby
Articles, Posts, Talks, and Presentations / Vector search
14. Awesome Pentest
Network Tools / Intentionally Vulnerable Systems as Docker Containers
- Intercepter-NG - Multifunctional network toolkit.
Network Tools / Network Reconnaissance Tools
- dnsenum (⭐466) - Perl script that enumerates DNS information from a domain, attempts zone transfers, performs a brute force dictionary style attack, and then performs reverse look-ups on the results.
- dnsmap (⭐104) - Passive DNS network mapper.
- dnsrecon (⭐2.1k) - DNS enumeration script.
- dnstracer - Determines where a given DNS server gets its information from, and follows the chain of DNS servers.
- passivedns-client (⭐190) - Library and query tool for querying several passive DNS providers.
- passivedns (⭐1.6k) - Network sniffer that logs all DNS server replies for use in a passive DNS setup.
- smbmap (⭐1.4k) - Handy SMB enumeration tool.
15. Awesome Lockpicking
Contests, conferences, and events
- DEF CON - Annual infosec industry conference which is popular with many lockpickers featuring a locksport contest.
- Hackers On Planet Earth (HOPE) - Annual conference often featuring a locksport competition and presentations on physical security.
How-to lockpicking guides
- Easy Pickings - Mini Lockpicking Manual - Widely-distributed beginner's manual with diagrams showcasing how to pick various entry-level locks.
- MIT Lock Picking Guide - Famous introductory text by Ted the Tool.
- Keypicking.com - Bustling online forum for the discussion of lockpicking and locksport.
- LockWiki - Community-driven reference for both beginners and professionals in the security industry.
- /r/lockpicking Subreddit - Subreddit dedicated to the sport of lockpicking.
- Southern Ordinance / Exit 10, Inc. - SouthOrd® is a manufacturer of lock picks and professional locksmith tools; individual replacement picks as low as $1.50 USD.