Track Awesome Readme Updates Daily
A curated list of awesome READMEs
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · 😺 matiassingers/awesome-readme · ⭐ 13K · 🏷️ Miscellaneous
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Oct 26, 2022
- ankitwasankar/mftool-java (⭐6) - Project logo with a short display of what can be achieved with it, TOC for easy navigation, important badges, clean installation guide, and multiple code snippets showing how to use the functionality.
Oct 10, 2022
- OliverOverend/gym-simplifiedtetris (⭐3) - GIF demo. Short description of the project. Badges. TOC. Installation and usage instructions, with copy-pastable comments and dependencies. Contributing file. Overview of the environments and agents provided.
Sep 01, 2022
- Gifox - $14.99 - Clean UI, hotkeys, lots of advanced features.
Aug 04, 2022
- user-statistician (⭐18) - A GitHub Action that generates SVG of detailed GitHub user activity for profile readmes.
Jun 20, 2022
- NASA/ogma (⭐205) - Clear description. Feature list. Demo GIFs. Simple install instructions. Usage code samples. TOC for easy navigation.
Jun 16, 2022
- httpie/httpie (⭐24k) - Description of what the project does. Demo screenshots. Project logo. TOC for easy navigation. Build badges. Quick and simple installation and usage sections. Includes an examples section.
- "Art of Readme - Learn the art of writing quality READMEs." (⭐6.8k) - Stephen Whitmore
- Common Readme (⭐364) - A common readme style for Node. Includes a guide and a readme generator.
Jun 11, 2022
- Recordit - FREE - Simple, clean UI, but auto-uploads to Recordit.
May 06, 2022
- "Elegant READMEs" - Yegor Bugayenko
Mar 11, 2022
- Gifski (⭐6.4k) - FREE - More vivid colors than the rest, but still keep size low.
- LICEcap - FREE - Less intuitive, more features.
- terminalizer (⭐13k) - FREE - Record your terminal and generate animated gif images or share a web player.
Mar 06, 2022
- amplication/amplication (⭐8.9k) - Clear project logo. Brief explanation. All features explained. Clean documentation. Useful links (website, docs, discord). List of contributors with their pictures and usernames.
Mar 03, 2022
- emalderson/thephish (⭐645) - Project logo, informative badges, useful TOC, clear description, screenshots, step-by-step installation and configuration guide, contributor guidelines, code of conduct, UML diagrams, coherent tags, issue and pull request templates, well-documented and well-commented code, examples.
Jan 11, 2022
- GitHub Readme Stats (⭐47k) - Dynamically generated customizable GitHub cards for README. Stats, extra pins, top languages and WakaTime.
Dec 11, 2021
- zenml-io/zenml (⭐2.4k) - Clean project logo. Useful TOC. Clear code examples amongst feature list. Quickstart example.
Nov 24, 2021
- ajeetdsouza/zoxide (⭐8k) - Badges, project GIF, concise description, quick links, stepwise installation instructions.
Oct 23, 2021
- alichtman/shallow-backup (⭐968) - Clear description of what the project does. GIF Demo. TOC for easy navigation. Badges. Links for further reading. Simple install instructions.
- aregtech/areg-sdk (⭐73) - Description of the project and use cases with explanation graphics. Build with multiple tools and integration instructions, reference to the guidance to create the first project. Examples. Project logo. Multiple badges. Headlines with graphics. TOC for easy navigation.
Sep 28, 2021
- xnbox/DeepfakeHTTP (⭐432) - Original hero section. Clear navigation. Minimalist design. Appendices.
Sep 17, 2021
- StackEdit - A user-friendly online editor that allows you to quickly customize all the sections you need for your project's readme.
Aug 15, 2021
- chroline/well_app (⭐36) - Features attention-grabbing project thumbnail with clean badges, as well as download information and quick navigation links. Organized into multiple descriptive sections, each of which have a title with a yellow emoji. Includes details about the project itself, as well as the technologies used and how to contribute.
Jul 24, 2021
- L0garithmic/FastColabCopy (⭐17) - Project logo. Minimalist description. Badges. GIF demo. About The Project. How To Use. Examples. Credits. Additional Examples.
Jun 13, 2021
- Amazing GitHub Template (⭐249) - Useful README.md, LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING.md, CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md, SECURITY.md, GitHub Issues, Pull Requests and Actions templates to jumpstart your projects.
May 18, 2021
- READMINE (⭐31) - A thorough, clear and self-describing README file template for software projects; copy it and edit it as needed.
May 14, 2021
- priyavrat-misra/xrays-and-gradcam (⭐36) - TOC for easy navigation. Clear introduction of what the project does. Complete list of all files in the repo and what their function is. Usage section. Clean and concise tables.
May 09, 2021
- create-go-app/cli (⭐1.5k) - Clean project logo. Useful badges (version, code style, test cover, docs). Clear readme with quickstart, understandable installation and usage manual, video screencast, ToC with well-documented project features (with a demo recording of the work in the terminal), project philosophy notes ("the why another"), most frequently asked questions, and more.
- dowjones/react-dropdown-tree-select (⭐414) - Clear readme with GIF screenshot for quick demo. Multiple badges, concise ToC, online playground, storybook, detailed description and more.
- easybase/easybase-react (⭐70) - Project banner and logo. Badges. Expandable walkthrough sections. Concise description and purpose. TOC for easy navigation. GIFs for installation demo. Multiple informative visuals.
- gofiber/fiber (⭐23k) - Clean project logo. Useful badges and links (languages switcher, code style, test cover, docs, Discord channel). Clear description of what the project does with quickstart, benchmark charts, well-documented code examples (with the ability to hide long content), project philosophy notes ("the why of project"), tables with project addons, list of contributors, star growth statistics, and more.
- iterative/dvc (⭐11k) - ReStructuredText format example, PyPi compatible. Logo, custom website-like menu. Smooth how-it-works animation. Badges. Nice contribution section with the hall-of-fame.
- ma-shamshiri/Human-Activity-Recognition (⭐47) - Beautiful table of contents. Project logo. Animated project banner. Complete project folder structure. Clear description of what the project does. Nice contributors’ section. Easy navigation.
- ma-shamshiri/Pacman-Game (⭐37) - Beautiful table of contents. Project logo. Animated project banner. Suitable GIFs to display each part of the project. Complete list of project files in the repo along with their function. Complete execution instruction.
- ma-shamshiri/Spam-Detector (⭐18) - Complete project file description. Project logo. Animated project banner. Concise project description. Clear execution instruction.
- ngcolombia/medellin (⭐153) - Project banner. Badges for stats. Well placed emoticons. Contributor's photos.
- PostHog/posthog (⭐9.7k) - Custom-made section icons, demo GIF, deploy button, profile images for contributors, concise, clear structure, project logo.
- Rebilly/redoc (⭐19k) - Multiple badges, project logo, live demo link, GIF-animations of the key features, TL;DR usage.
- release-it/release-it (⭐5.7k) - Clear overview of project features with a demo GIF. Badges. Expandable TOC. Usage description and examples. Contribution guidelines. Detailed releases.
- sidneycadot/oeis (⭐39) - Overview. List of required dependencies. Complete list of all files in the repo and what their function is. Visual graph of how it all ties together.
- "Readme Driven Development" - Tom Preston-Werner
- Readme.so - A simple editor that allows you to quickly add and customize all the sections you need for your project's readme.
Sep 04, 2020
- MananTank/radioactive-state (⭐291) - Badges (version, downloads, coverage, size), Twitter Intent, Project Logo, Feature list, Motivation, Installation, Example with GIFs, Emojis, Collapsible Sections, Live Demos, API detailed usage, FAQs, Chat link.
Jul 09, 2020
- kopach/karma-sabarivka-reporter (⭐39) - Project logo. Useful badges, clear readme with screenshots for quick demo. Concise ToC.
Jul 08, 2020
- Stack-in-a-box/triumphmayflowerclub.com (⭐2) - Stands-out because, while only a simple website, it is presented as a very open project for lesser-experienced developers to cut their teeth on, with a friendly, inclusive tone and accessible set-up instructions. Includes many common elements found in other beautiful READMEs.
Feb 28, 2020
- sulu/sulu (⭐875) - Project logo, useful badges, clear instructions on where to find more information and report bugs, GIF screenshots, nice use of emoticons.
Feb 02, 2020
- React Parallax Tilt (⭐553) - GIF demo. Multiple badges. Feature list. Great live demo with code examples. Easy to follow instructions for local development set up.
Aug 16, 2019
- ScreenToGif (⭐19k) - FREE - Open source, customizable UI and easily editable GIFs, easy to get started.
Aug 13, 2019
- ai/size-limit (⭐5.5k) - Project logo, clear description, screenshot, step-by-step installing instructions.
- aimeos/aimeos-typo3 (⭐191) - Project logo. Clear description of what the project does. Demo screenshot. TOC for easy navigation. Easy installation and setup sections with screenshots. Links for further reading.
- alichtman/stronghold (⭐972) - Project logo. Clear description of what the project does. GIF Demo. TOC for easy navigation. Badges. Links for further reading. Simple install instructions.
- amitmerchant1990/electron-markdownify (⭐820) - Project logo. Minimalist description of what it is. GIF demo of the project. Key features. How to install guide. Credits.
- anfederico/Clairvoyant (⭐2.3k) - Multiple badges. Clean logo. Simple install instructions. Clear overview of the project accompanied by a schematic. GIF demo. Extensive code examples.
- Armync/Arminc-AutoExec (⭐102) - Rich Markdown functions, modern layout, clear description and compliant with the recommended community standards.
- athityakumar/colorls (⭐4.2k) - Multiple badges. Clean screenshots. Simple install instructions. TOC for easy navigation. Good contributor guidelines.
- ccostan/Home-AssistantConfig (⭐4.1k) - Project Banner. Badges. Easy navigation.
- choojs/choo (⭐6.7k) - Badges, clean, clear. Beautiful little menu above the fold with useful links. An FAQ inside of it for the main questions. Backers. Good language.
- Day8/re-frame (⭐5.2k) - Badges, logo, TOC, etc. Stands out by being a giant, well-written essay about the tech, how to use it, the philosophy behind it, and how it fits into the greater ecosystem.
- github-changelog-generator/github-changelog-generator (⭐6.9k) - TOC for easy navigation. Concise project description. Installation and usage sections. Output example. Great feature overview. List of alternatives. FAQ.
- gitpoint/git-point (⭐4.6k) - Clear description. Project Logo. App Store logos. TOC. Clean screenshots. List of features. Detailed installation process. Landing Page.
- Hexworks/Zircon (⭐689) - Dogfood in readme. Clear description of what the project does. Demo screenshot. TOC for easy navigation. Easy installation and setup sections with screenshots. Links for further reading.
- iharsh234/WebApp (⭐83) - Project landing page. Clear description of what the project does. Demo screenshot. Simple install and usage sections. Includes an examples section with common uses and a mobile demo section.
- karan/joe (⭐2.8k) - Project logo. Clear description of what the project does. GIF demo. Easy install and usage sections.
- Martinsos/edlib (⭐396) - Informative badges (build, version, publication). Concise description. Feature list. TOC. Screenshots. Concise instructions with examples for building and including in your project. Common code examples to get you started quickly.
- nhn/tui.editor (⭐15k) - Project logo. Clear overview of project features with a demo GIF. Badges. TOC for easy navigation. Colorful icons in front of titles.
- node-chat (⭐722) - Project screenshot. Informative badges. Clear description. Easy installation/use instructions. Live demo.
- NSRare/NSGIF (⭐907) - Project logo. GIF Demo. Usage artwork. Usage code samples.
- php-censor/php-censor (⭐659) - Multiple badges, project logo, screenshots, step-by-step installing and upgrading instructions, TOC for easy navigation.
- React on lambda (⭐253) - Project logo, comics to present the main idea, badges, examples with code snippets, demo projects, api documentations, editor configurations.
- rstacruz/hicat (⭐399) - GIF demo. Easy installation and setup sections with screenshots. Build badges. Great examples of use cases.
- ryanoasis/nerd-fonts (⭐39k) - Clean project logo. Brief description at top. Sankey diagram, quick links, badges, OS specific icons, TOC, detailed release changelog.
- sebyddd/SDVersion (⭐1.3k) - Project logo. Build badges. Documentation structuring for multiple programming languages. Usage examples.
- shama/gaze (⭐1.2k) - Project logo. Concise description. Feature list. Usage section. FAQ. Great API documentation. Release history.
- sindresorhus/pageres (⭐9.5k) - Project logo. Clear description of what the project does. Build badges. Demo screenshot. Simple install and usage sections. Includes an examples section with common uses.
- sourcerer-io/sourcerer-app (⭐6.7k) - Clean animated screenshot. Customized call to action badge. Usage showcase.
- sr6033/lterm (⭐48) - Clean logo using characters. Brief updates on development. Detailed contribution guidelines. Contribution suggestions.
- supunlakmal/thismypc (⭐160) - Project logo. Useful badges. Web site URL. Screenshot. GIF step-by-step instructions for installation. Project folder structure.
- teles/array-mixer (⭐34) - Clean project logo, badges. Table of contents. Contributing section. Many illustrated examples.
- thelounge/thelounge (⭐4.9k) - Project logo. Useful badges and links (website, docs, demo). Screenshot. Feature list. Step-by-step instructions for installation, development, and testing. Link to the contributing guide. Good mobile summary.
- vhesener/Closures (⭐1.7k) - Project logo, cognitive funnel, animated examples. Color coordinated. Clean documentation.
- Feedmereadmes (⭐1.1k) - README editing and project analysis/feedback.
- Hall-of-fame (⭐926) - Helps show recognition to repo contributors on README. Features new/trending/top contributors. Updates every hour.
- README best practices (⭐780) - A place to copy-paste your README.md from
- readme-md-generator (⭐9.9k) - A CLI that generates beautiful README.md files
- Standard Readme (⭐5.1k) - A standard README style specification. Has a generator to help create spec-compliant READMEs, too.
- Zalando's README Template (⭐793) - Simple template to help you cover all the basics.
- Peek (⭐9.3k) - FREE - Simple and easy to use for Linux users.
- ttystudio (⭐3.2k) - FREE - For commandline tools, a terminal-to-gif recorder minus the headaches.
- feedmereadmes (⭐1.1k) - Free README editing+feedback to make your open-source projects grow. See the README maturity model to help you keep going.
Aug 10, 2019
- "How To Write A Great README" - Caleb Thompson (thoughtbot)
Jan 08, 2018
- Make a README - A guide to writing READMEs. Includes an editable template with live Markdown rendering.
Nov 17, 2017
- maintainer.io - Free README standardization and feedback, if you click on 'Book an audit'.
Jul 06, 2017
- Giphy Capture - FREE - Easy to upload to giphy.com, slightly annoying UX.
Dec 07, 2016
- "Top ten reasons why I won’t use your open source project" - Adam Stacoviak