Awesome List Updates on Oct 30, 2018
31 awesome lists updated today.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome WSL
Supported Distributions / OpenSUSE / SUSE Enterprise Linux
- Windows Store Link for SUSE Enterprise Linux 15.
Supported Distributions / Kali Linux
- Because Kali is based on Debian, most Debian and Ubuntu documentation also applies to Kali.
WSL Tools / X Servers
- VcXsrv - X server for Windows with hardware acceleration compiled with Visual Studio.
- Cygwin/X - Cygwin/X is a port of the X Window System to the Cygwin API layer for Windows.
More Awesome / Miscellaneous Tools
2. Awesome Design Principles
Principles within bigger Design Systems
3. Awesome Katas
4. Awesome Dataviz
R tools / Misc
- visNetwork - Interactive network visualisations
5. Awesome Code Review
- Work Practices and Challenges in Pull-Based Development (Gousios et al. 2015) (summary on the morning paper) Field study of how GitHub pull requests are used in the wild.
6. Awesome Nextjs
7. Awesome Music
- Faust - a functional programming language specifically designed for real-time signal processing and synthesis.
8. Awesome Dropwizard
Open Source / Data Stores
9. Awesome Ant Design
Related Projects / Themes
- Ant Motion - Efficient motion design solutions that complies with Ant Design Visual specification with React implementation.
10. Awesome Service Workers
Libraries and Tools
- sw-offline-google-analytics - A service worker helper library to retry offline Google Analytics requests when a connection is available.
11. Awesome Text Editing
Rich-text editors using contenteditable
- jWYSIWYG - WYSIWYG jQuery Plugin
12. Awesome Dojo
DojoToolkit.org resources and documentation
- Roadmap (⭐227) Dojo Roadmap (all versions)
Community / Dojo 2
- Reddit Community - growing community discussing Dojo on Reddit (invitation-only).
13. Awesome Selenium
Containers / Kubernetes
- kubernetes/examples (⭐5.7k) - Example deployment of Selenium Hub and Nodes on a Kubernetes cluster
14. Awesome Actionscript3
Frameworks / UI Frameworks
- AS3Commons UI (⭐60) - Layouting, focus and keyboard management framework.
File Formats / Archives
- ASZip - Generate ZIP archives from AS3.
File Formats / PDF
15. Awesome Dart
IDEs, Editors, and Plugins
- Dart Code - Dart support for Visual Studio Code.
16. Awesome Neuroscience
Programming / R
- nat: NeuroAnatomy Toolbox (⭐57) - Package for the (3D) visualisation and analysis of biological image data, especially tracings of single neurons.
- brainGraph (⭐137) - Package for performing graph theory analyses of brain MRI data.
Resources / Ebooks
- Neuronal Dynamics - Open-access electronic textbook that covers computational and theoretical neuroscience. Provided by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
Resources / Communities
- StackExchange - Psychology and neuroscience StackExchange site.
Resources / Newsletters
- Comp-neuro - A mailing list that is is intended to address the broad range of research approaches and issues involved in the general field of computational neuroscience.
Resources / Miscellaneous
- Awesome Public Datasets - Neuroscience (⭐52k) - High-quality open neuroscience datasets.
17. Alternative Internet
Cloud and storage
- BitDust - is decentralized, secure and anonymous on-line storage, where only the owner has access and absolute control over its data. BitDust project is aimed to protect users freedom and provide an alternative way to operate and communicate in the network.
- AKASHA AKASHA is a next-generation social media network immune to censorship by design. It is built on top of Ethereum using Smart Contracts and IPFS.
- UBOSbox Nextcloud is a ready-to-use home server appliance that does a lot of what Dropbox and Google Calendar do, but locally on hardware controlled by the user. It enables multi-user, multi-device file sharing, group calendaring, contact management, and includes a web mail client, an RSS/news reader, a note-taking app, text and video calls, and task management, provided by the FLOSS web application platform Nextcloud and a number of Nextcloud apps. It is designed to be used as a home server without attached keyboard or monitor.
18. Awesome Vagrant
- serveo - expose local servers to the internet, without installing any client!
- portmap.io - OpenVPN based free port forwarding solution.
- Pro Vagrant by by Wlodzimierz Gajda.
- Vagrant Virtual Development Environment Cookbook by Chad Thompson
19. Awesome Laravel
Popular Packages / Databases, ORMs, Migrations & Seeding
- Laravel MySQL Spatial extension (⭐734) - easily work with MySQL Spatial Data Types and MySQL Spatial Functions
20. Awesome Cl
- cl-sqlite (⭐63) - Bindings for SQLite. Public domain.
- common-cv (⭐55) - the OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision Library) binding library for CommonLisp. No license specified.
- CLASP (⭐2.4k) - a new Common Lisp implementation that seamlessly interoperates with C++ libraries and programs using LLVM for compilation to native code. This allows Clasp to take advantage of a vast array of preexisting libraries and programs, such as out of the scientific computing ecosystem. LGPL2.1 (and others).
- Allegro CL - provides the full ANSI Common Lisp standard with many extensions.
- reputed features include: the AllegroCache object persistence database system, the KnowledgeGraph system, its concurrent garbage collector, its web-based IDE, and more.
- has a free edition. It includes AllegroCache, with a size limit.
HTML generators and templates / Isomorphic web frameworks
Utils / Third-party APIs
Emacs / Third-party APIs
- 👍 Sly (⭐1.1k) - SLY is a fork of SLIME and contains multiple improvements upon it.
- 👍 Portacle - A portable and multiplatform Common Lisp environment: SBCL, Quicklisp, Emacs, Slime, Git.
Configuration / Third-party APIs
Other / Third-party APIs
- as such, the libraries we like best are marked with a 👍 (
1F44Dunicode character). See also the signs' explanation in the introduction.
21. Awesome Selfhosted
Software / Media Streaming - Video Streaming
- PeerTube - Decentralized video streaming platform using P2P (BitTorrent) directly in the web browser. (Source Code (⭐12k))
22. Awesome Creative Coding
Events / Other
- GROW - The Parisian rendez-vous for creative coders, GROW is about opening new possibilities in digital creation.
23. Awesome Artificial Intelligence
24. Awesome Vscode
Haskell / More
25. Awesome Hacking Locations
Portugal 🇵🇹 / Lisbon
Nice place with really nice environment and laptop friendly!
|✔||✔||❄️||R. Ferreira Borges 101, 1350-128 Lisboa||9am - 9pm|
United States 🇺🇸 / California
Shot in the Dark Cafe
local art, some food, kind of punk/dingy, lots of people at their computers, 24/7
|✔||✔||21 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85701||24/7|
United States 🇺🇸 / Seattle, WA
Cafe, with beer and nice location on Green Lake
|ask||✔||6900 East Green Lake Way N, Seattle, WA 98115||Mon-Fri 6:00-21:00, Sat 7:00-21:00, Sun 7:00-20:00|
26. Awesome Cpp
- Spack - A flexible package manager that supports multiple versions, configurations, platforms, and compilers. [Apache-2.0/MIT]
- XMake - A C/C++ cross-platform build utility based on Lua. [Apache]
27. Awesome Geek Podcasts
- .NET Rocks! - The internet audio talk show for .NET developer with Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell.
- Blockchain Insider - Weekly podcast specialising in all things blockchain, ledger technology and crypto currencies.
- CMOS - The Code-Maven Open Source podcast helps you become familiar with a wide range of projects by interviewing users or developers of these projects.
- CodeNewbie Podcast - Stories from people on their coding journey.
- Complete Developer Podcast - There are plenty of podcasts out there about languages and coding. What we are doing with the Complete Developer Podcast is to cover the other areas of life. For example, our first episode is about talking with customers, bosses, and others that developers interact with who are not fellow developers.
- Curious Minds - Curious Minds is a podcast about Science, Technology, and History. Each episode brings interesting stories from a wide range of subjects: from Physics and Astronomy to Medicine, Art and Science Fiction.
- Design vs Dev - A podcast about web development from the different perspectives of designers and developers.
- Developer Tea - Podcast for web and software developers hosted by a developer that you can listen to in less than 10 minutes.
- Digital Human - BBC series explores the digital world presented by Aleks Krotoski.
- Elixir Foundation - Your weekly podcast for news & interviews from around the Elixirlang Community.
- Embedded.fm - Talk about the how, why, and what of engineering, usually devices.
- Ember Weekend - A week(end)ly podcast about Ember, hosted by Jon and Chase.
- Functional Geekery - Functional Geeks, Geeking Functionally.
- Get Up and Code - Get Up and Code is a podcast about fitness for programmers and software developers. Every week, John Sonmez, helps you lose weight, refactor your diet and get in shape.
- Go Time - Interesting topics around the Go programming language, building systems, the community, and everything in between.
- HardcoreHistory - In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past.
- Laravel News Podcast - The Laravel News Podcast brings you all the latest news and events related to Laravel.
- Linear Digressions - Explores topics of data science and machine learning in an accessible way through real-world stories and examples.
- Listen and Learn about AWS - Jeff Barr discusses various aspects of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) offering. Each podcast include AWS news, tech tips, and interviews with startups, AWS partners, and AWS employees.
- Makers - Unexpected life moments that have had an impact on today’s most influential and experimental makers.
- Mastering Embedded Systems - I have identified four major problems in mastering Embedded Systems: 1. Not enough specialists; 2. inadequate design and poor detections of faults; 3. mandatory multi-site approaches are failing; 4. bad mistakes in managing Virtual Teams I'll teach you the know-how and the tools to overcome these challenges.
- MS Dev Show - THE podcast for Microsoft developers. Jason Young and Carl Schweitzer talk about the latest in developer news covering topics such as the Azure cloud, Windows, Windows Phone, Visual Studio, and cross-platform development using the Microsoft platform.
- New Rustacean - This is a podcast about learning the programming language Rust—from scratch.
- Note To Self - Host Manoush Zomorodi talks with everyone from big name techies to elementary school teachers about the effects of technology on our lives, in a quest for the smart choices that will help you think and live better.
- Office 365 Developer Podcast - The only show focused on Office 365 development where we talk to the experts from all over the globe coding on the Office 365 platform.
- Packet Pushers - About data networking by network architects. Deeply technical & unabashedly nerdy.
- Partially Derivative - A podcast about Data, Nerdiness, and Beer.
- Radiolab - Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
- React Podcast - Podcast about React.js
- Reasonably Sound - Context, explanation and a little celebration of the complexities and awesomeness of audio, and the various cultures which surround and have grown around it.
- Reply All - Reply All is a show about the internet.
- Rocket Talk - Rocket Talk is Tor.com’s sci-fi/fantasy podcast, blending discussion style talk-radio with audio narrations of Tor.com’s award winning short fiction.
- Ruby5 - The latest news in the Ruby and Rails community.
- ShopTalk Show - Podcast about front end web design, development and UX.
- Software Engineering Daily - A podcast with daily interviews about technical software topics intended for professional software developers.
- Sound Of Symfony - The unofficial Symfony podcast.
- StarTalk Radio - Program devoted to all things space and is hosted by renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- SYFY25 Origin Stories - Adam Savage sits down with creators, thought-leaders, and celebrity fans to discuss the moments, people, and milestones that have changed the genre universe forever; a nostalgic celebration of all things science fiction.
- Talk Python to Me - Weekly podcast (30 minutes) that covers a wide array of Python topics.
- TechStuff - TechStuff tackles topics ranging from basic electronics to the Large Hadron Collider and everything in between. TechStuff is dedicated to demystifying technology and its role in our society and culture.
- Test and Code Podcast - A podcast about Software Development, Software Testing, and Python.
- The Amp Hour - Discussing the world of electronics design in an hour long(ish) weekly show.
- The Changelog - Conversations with the hackers, leaders, and innovators of software development.
- The Hanselminutes podcast - Fresh Air for Developers.
- The Life Scientific - Professor Jim Al-Khalili talks to leading scientists about their life and work, finding out what inspires and motivates them and asking what their discoveries might do for mankind.
- Three Devs and a Maybe - Weekly discussion podcast on all things web development. Topics range from daily developer life, PHP, frameworks, testing, good software design and our experiences using many other programming languages.
- Toolsday Podcast - A 20-ish-minute podcast about the latest in tech tools, tips, and tricks on Tuesdays at 2!
- WIRED's Webmonkey Podcast - Glance behind the scenes of WIRED.com with the tech team.
- DatabaseCast - Primeiro podcast brasileiro sobre bancos de dados.
- DevNaEstrada - Podcast semanal sobre desenvolvimento web com uma pitada de humor.
- Hipsters ponto Tech - Podcast da Caelum sobre startups, programação, UX, gadgets e as últimas tendências em tecnologia.
- Lambda3 Podcast - Podcast da Lambda3
- NerdCast - Podcast do portal JovemNerd que fala sobre nerdices, teorias e rpg's
- 1984 - Hacking, hacktivismo y seguridad
- CAChemE - Aplicaciones para ciencia e ingeniería (principalmente Python).
- Ideas ágiles - Podcast sobre charlas, entrevistas y experiencias sobre la vida del desarrollador de software.
- Nación Lumpen - similar a "Basta ya de picar".
- Python en español - Python en tu idioma
- DevZen Podcast - Podcast about programming, IT and related topics.
- How to make games - Podcast about video games and video games industry.
- RWPod - Podcast about world of Ruby and Web technologies.
- Radio-T - Podcast of weekend. Improvisation on the theme of IT.
- RadioGeek - Yet another podcast for wandering geeks in the intersection of society and technology.
- Kodsnack - Weekly Swedish podcast about all things code, for coders. Hosted by Fredrik Björeman, Tobias Hieta and Kristoffer Grönlund, with occasional guests.
- Apfelfunk - Weekly podcast about everything that's related to Apple.
- Freak Show - Tech podcast, normally published every two weeks. Mostly Apple, Bitcoin and podcasting.
- Request for Comments - Der RFC Podcast
- Working Draft - Weekly news podcast for webdesigners and developers.
- DevTalk - Tech podcast for passionate developers. All topics related to dev: architecture, languages, tools, libraries, conferences, community, career planning... Hosted by Maciej Aniserowicz.
- ChwastIT - The worst programming podcast in Poland. Casually, unbearably and possibly flippantly about software engineering. With @kwasniew, @kubek2k, @peel and their guests - the weeds of polish IT.
- De Appels en Peren Show - Een talkshow over en uit de toekomst. Technologie, media, cultuur en alles wat verder de toekomst mogelijk maakt.
- Tech45 - Tech45 is een wekelijkse technologiepodcast. In ongeveer 45 minuten loodst een panel geeks je door het interessantste technieuws van de voorbije week.
- Met Nerds om Tafel - Wekelijkse podcast waarin nerds Spa Rood drinken en praten over tech-onderwerpen. Met regelmatig gastnerds en vaste tafelnerds Daniel Kegel, Floris Diemel, Joost Schellevis, Jurian Ubachs en Randal Peelen.
- ZeepCast - Een podcast over de laatste ontwikkelingen in wetenschap, technologie & popculture. Gehost door Sander Bijleveld & David van Dorsten.
In Arabic / Tooling
28. Awesome Fuzzing
Papers / USENIX Security
Papers / ArXiv (Fuzzing with Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
Papers / The others
29. Awesome Interview Questions
Programming Languages/Frameworks/Platforms / iOS
30. Awesome Vue
Resources / Books
- Vue: Build & Deploy by Daniel Schmitz, Leanpub. (September 2018)
31. Awesome Aws
Open Source Repos / Miscellaneous Repos
- spulec/moto 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 (⭐6.8k) - Allows your python tests to easily mock out the boto library.