Track Awesome Music Updates Daily
Awesome Music Projects
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 ciconia/awesome-music · ⭐ 1.3K · 🏷️ Media
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Nov 20, 2022
- Unison - Proprietary software for creating music score with words.
- Unilang - Domain specific language used in Unison.
Oct 31, 2022
- Cane (⭐32) - A small MIDI sequencer DSL designed around vectors and euclidean rhythms.
- Gwion (⭐455) - A strongly-timed programming language aimed at music creation. Heavily inspired by ChucK.
- Tidal - a language built on Haskell for live coding patterns.
Mar 25, 2022
MIDI Tools & Libraries
- JJazzLab-X (⭐234) - a complete Midi-based framework for automatic backing tracks generation.
Jun 03, 2021
- OpenSheetMusicDisplay (⭐1.1k) - Typescript library for rendering MusicXML in the browser.
May 19, 2021
- py-modular - a modular and experimental programming environment with basic DSP routines in python.
Apr 14, 2021
Music Theory Teaching
- Theorytab - a database of songs with their chord functions.
Nov 08, 2020
- Soundpipe - a lightweight DSP library written in C.
- Sporth - a small stack based audio language.
Nov 07, 2020
- cyanrip (⭐92) - rips and encodes standard audio CDs with the least effort required from user. Cross platform.
Sep 26, 2020
- Cecilia (⭐150) - a CSound-based graphical environment for music and signal processing.
Feb 15, 2020
- matchering (⭐748) - сontainerized web application and library for automated reference audio mastering.
Jan 18, 2020
- Midica (⭐70) - MIDI programming language with decompiler and player, supports karaoke.
Dec 14, 2019
- Digital Music Stand (⭐23) - a free web app for displaying sheet music.
Oct 23, 2019
- Abjad - a Python API for Formalized Score Control, based on Lilypond.
Oct 02, 2019
- Beets - a powerful command-line music organizer and manipulator.
- MusicBrainz - Open Encyclopedia for Music information and Metadata, providing a unique ID for everything
Feb 10, 2019
- Orca (⭐4k) - live programming environment for music.
Nov 17, 2018
- Lilybin - an open source web-based LilyPond editor.
Oct 30, 2018
- Faust - a functional programming language specifically designed for real-time signal processing and synthesis.
Sep 25, 2018
Music Theory Teaching
- Artusi - Interactive music theory exercises.
- musictheory.net - Lessons and exercises
- OpenMusicTheory - a growing, online "textbook" for music theory and aural skills.
Sep 21, 2018
- fre:ac (⭐896) - free audio converter. It supports audio CD ripping and tag editing.
- Jack (⭐8) - command-line CD ripper.
- K3b (⭐98) - is a full-featured CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning and ripping application.
- lltag (⭐27) - automatic command-line mp3/ogg/flac file tagger and renamer.
- Rubyripper (⭐103) - is a secure digital audio extraction application ("cd ripper") for Unix-like operating systems.
- split2flac (⭐248) - split flac/ape/wv/wav + cue sheet into separate tracks
- Whipper (⭐647) - Python CD-DA ripper preferring accuracy over speed.
- X Audio Copy (⭐3) - GTK and GNOME application for ripping CD-Audio and encoding in lossy and lossless audio formats.
- Inscore - an environmnent for the design of interactive, augmented music scores.
Music Theory Teaching
- Four Score and More - Tailored music theory exercises based on scores.
Feb 17, 2018
- Tbon (⭐12) - Typographic Beat-Oriented Notation for music.
- Awesome Audio Visualization (⭐4.1k) - A curated list about Audio Visualization.
- Awesome Python for Scientific Audio (⭐1.3k) - A curated list of python software and packages related to scientific research in audio.
- Awesome WebAudio (⭐884) - A curated list of awesome WebAudio packages and resources.
Jan 18, 2018
- Awesome Music Listening (⭐88) - Awesome list of websites dedicated to listening to music.
- Awesome sheet music (⭐525) - A curated list of awesome sheet music software, libraries and resources.
Jan 04, 2018
- Hacklily - online LilyPond-based sheet music editor (with optional GitHub integration).
May 12, 2017
- Librosa (⭐5.5k) - a python package for music and audio analysis, providing the building blocks necessary to create music information retrieval systems.
Dec 27, 2016
- Lyp (⭐67) - the Lilypond swiss army knife - easily install packages, manage multiple versions of Lilypond, and other tools for power users.
Sep 05, 2016
- i-score - a software for interactive music notation, with DAW features.
Aug 31, 2016
- OpenMusic - a visual programming language based on Lisp.
Aug 27, 2016
- Ardour - a cross-platform digital audio workstation emphasizing audio recording.
- LMMS - another cross-platform digital audio workstation, more oriented towards making beats.
- Pure Data - a visual programming language for audio and other multimedia.
Jun 29, 2016
- Jan Angermüller's music fonts page - A listing and visual comparison of different music fonts.
- Scorelib - a C++ library for parsing SCORE data files.
May 13, 2016
- mxml (⭐20) - MusicXML parsing and layout library.
- MusicKit (⭐110) - Music sheet rendering for iOS and OSX.
Mar 26, 2016
- music21 - A Toolkit for Computational Musicology.
- Awesome Music Production (⭐553) - A curated list of software and resources to create music.
Mar 10, 2016
- Lilypond cook book (⭐3) - tips & tricks for getting the most out of lilypond.
- Bach: Automated Composer's Helper - a cross-platform set of patches and externals for Max, aimed to bring the richness of computer-aided composition into the real-time world.
Mar 07, 2016
- NOTATIO - a forum devoted to the practice of music notation.
Feb 29, 2016
- Sonic Pi - a live coding synth with an emphasis on educational use.
Feb 20, 2016
MIDI Tools & Libraries
- Midifile - C++ library for parsing Standard MIDI Files.
Feb 04, 2016
- Audacity (⭐8.4k) - a free, cross-platform digital audio editor.
- JSyn - an audio synthesis software API for Java.
- midi.js (⭐3.6k) - a framework for creating web-based MIDI apps.
- PortAudio - a free, cross-platform, open-source, audio I/O library.
- RustAudio - an aggregate of free and useful Audio, DSP and music libraries written in Rust.
- Koel (⭐14k) - an open-source personal audio streaming server.
- Lame - a high quality, free and open-source MP3 encoder.
- Musikernel - a futuristic audio production platform (hardware support, APIs, hosts, plugins and more)
- SoX - a free open-source command line utility for playing, converting and manipulating audio files.
Free Music Scores
- cellist/Lilypond-Sheet-Music (⭐114) - a collection of music typeset with lilypond (mostly chamber music and music for cello).
- ciconia/music (⭐19) - a collection of mostly baroque music, lots of sacred works by J. S. Bach, coded in lilypond/ripple.
- CPDL - the choral public domain library contains more than 20K free scores of vocal music.
- Éditions Nicolas Sceaux (⭐40) - baroque music scores (mainly French music), typeset using lilypond.
- IMSLP - the International Music Score Library Project is the largest collection of public domain scores and parts on the web.
- Mutopia (⭐211) - sheet music based on editions in the public domain.
- wbsoft/lilymusic (⭐45) - beautiful LilyPond scores under free licenses.
MIDI Tools & Libraries
- Timidity - an open-source command line synthesizer that plays MIDI files.
- Denemo - a free music notation editor based on Lilypond.
- Frescobaldi (⭐587) - a free Lilypond sheet music editor.
- Guido - a generic, portable library and API for the graphical rendering of musical scores.
- Inknote (⭐152) - free, open source, browser based music notation and composition software.
- LibMEI (⭐58) - a C++ library for reading and writing MEI files.
- Lilypond - free, open-source music engraving program, devoted to producing the highest-quality sheet music possible.
- Lilypond Snippet Repository - an online database of Lilypond snippets ideas, features and hacks.
- Lydown (⭐23) - a modern language for music notation, based on Lilypond.
- MuseScore (⭐7.7k) - free open-source music notation and composition software.
- Python-ly - a tool and library for manipulating LilyPond files.
- Verovio (⭐509) - a library and a toolkit for engraving MEI music notation into SVG.
- Alda (⭐5.2k) - a music programming language for musicians.
- Chuck (⭐569) - strongly-timed, concurrent, and on-the-fly music programming language.
- CoffeeCollider (⭐217) - a language for real time audio synthesis and algorithmic composition in HTML5. "Write CoffeeScript, and be processed as SuperCollider."
- Common Music - an open source music composition system.
- Csound - a user-programmable and user-extensible sound processing language and software synthesizer.
- IanniX (⭐289) - a graphical open-source sequencer, based on Iannis Xenakis works, for digital art.
- Leipzig (⭐440) - a composition library for Overtone.
- Music Suite - a language for generalized music notation and theory, based on Haskell.
- Nyquist - a sound synthesis and composition language.
- Overtone (⭐5.6k) - an Open Source toolkit for designing synthesizers and collaborating with music.
- Platonic Music Engine - an open-source music generation framework written in Lua.
- SuperCollider - a programming language for real time audio synthesis and algorithmic composition.
- MEI (Music Encoding Initiative) - an open-source effort to define a system for encoding musical documents in a machine-readable structure.
- MusicXML - the standard open format for exchanging digital sheet music.
- SMuFL (Standard Music Font Layout) - a specification for mapping music symbols to Unicode for use in music fonts.
Jan 23, 2016
- Tunefl (⭐22) - LilyPond mini-score engraving and sharing service for musicians.
Jan 04, 2016
- Lilyvm (⭐5) - Lilypond version manager.
Jan 02, 2016
- OpenLilyLib (⭐106) - LilyPond tools - snippets, templates, and extensions.
Dec 03, 2015
Dec 02, 2015
- Ripple (⭐26) - DRY for Lilypond - generate scores and parts with minimal fuss.