Awesome List Updates on Sep 24 - Sep 30, 2018
55 awesome lists updated this week.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome Text Editing
Rich-text editors using contenteditable
- MediumEditor (⭐16k) - A clone of medium.com inline editor toolbar. Uses contenteditable API to implement a rich text solution.
2. Awesome Ddd
- Advanced Distributed Systems Design - Online training course from Udi Dahan. Udi's live training schedule can be found here.
3. Awesome Micro Npm Packages
Modules / Function
- compose-tiny (⭐45) - A very tiny and fast compose function.
4. Awesome List
- macOS - Operating system for Apple's Mac computers.
5. Awesome Css Frameworks
- HiQ - Simple CSS foundation with responsive typography and input styling.
Docs, Repo (⭐284) | #PostCSS
6. Git Cheat Sheet
Move / Rename
Move / Rename
Rename a file:
Rename Index.txt to Index.html
$ git mv Index.txt Index.html
7. Awesome Pcaptools
USB / Capture tools
- usbmon - a subsystem of Linux kernel to capture usb packets.
- USBPcap (⭐702) - a solution for Windows.
USB / Analysis
- USBPcapOdinDumper (⭐3) - transforms .pcap files with
USBPcapframes format of captures from flashing an Android phone with Odin or Heimdall into a set of files with frames payload. Useful for reverse-engineering. Has a modular architecture easily transformable for other applications formats.
8. Awesome Asyncio
9. Awesome Angular
Google Developer Experts
10. Awesome Cpp
- termbox (⭐1.9k) - A C library for writing text-based user interfaces. [MIT]
- ACE - An OO Network Programming Toolkit in C++. [?MIT?]
11. Awesome Esolangs
- Chicken - Only 1 valid symbol: 'chicken'.
- Thue (⭐23) - Matrioshka language based on nondeterministic string rewriting of a semi-Thue grammar.
- DM's Esoteric Programming Languages - List of esoteric languages and algorithms written by dangermouse.
12. Awesome Composer
Plugins / IRC
- Narrowspark-Automatic (⭐12) - Automates the most common tasks of applications, boost package downloads, adds a composer security audit and more.
13. Awesome Serverless
- FaaS boilerplates (⭐14) - Boilerplates for FaaS offerings that work in conjunction with Hasura GraphQL Engine's event triggers.
14. Awesome Cl
Readline, ncurses and other graphical helpers / Third-party APIs
Other / Third-party APIs
- by default, add a library to the end of its section.
- two libraries very similar in scope should be side by side, or in a section of their own.
- do some curation based on your experience and the state of the library's documentation. We do not aim at listing every existing CL library (see Cliki for that) nor to list every "popular" library (see Quicklisp stats).
15. Awesome AutoHotkey
- CSV (⭐38) - by trueski/kdoske - Library to work with CSV files and Listview functions. Forum thread: link.
- List manipulation functions - by Laszlo - Function library to manipulate comma delimited lists. Forum thread: link.
- ObjCSV (⭐23) - by JnLlnd - Library to load/save CSV files to Objects and and Listview functions. Forum thread: link.
- Table (⭐6) - by VxE - Library to manipulate strings in tabular (TSV) format and Listview functions. Forum thread: link.
16. Awesome Coins
☤ Coin Wallets / Hosted Coin Wallets
17. Awesome React Native
- react-native-counters ★0 (⭐29) - Minus Plus Counter for React Native
18. Awesome Qa
Analysis and Parsing for Pre-processing in QA systems / Subtypes of QA
- Homonyms / Polysemy Analysis
- Syntactic Parsing (Dependency Parsing)
- Semantic Recognition
19. Awesome Clojure
20. Awesome D3
- d3-ez (⭐49) - Easy Reusable D3 Charts & Components [bar, donut, pie, bubble, rose, heatmap]
- d3-flame-graph (⭐745) - Flame graphs from hierarchical data
- d3-funnel (⭐323) - A funnel and pyramid chart library
- d3plus (⭐1.6k) - Extension library for easy creation of visualizations [scatter, stacked, line, bar, pie, network, bubble, box, map]
- WebCola (⭐1.8k) - Layout for graph visualization and exploration
Utils / Third Party
- d3-jetpack (⭐601) - Nifty convenience wrappers that speed up your daily work
21. Awesome Tensorflow
- TensorNets (⭐1k) - 40+ Popular Computer Vision Models With Pre-trained Weights.
22. Computer Science
How to show your progress / Which programming languages should I use?
23. Awesome Flutter
Templates / Preferences
Device / Augmented Reality
Device / Scanner
Device / Bluetooth / NFC / Beacon
Storage / Bluetooth / NFC / Beacon
Services / Bluetooth / NFC / Beacon
Communication / Game Engine resources
- Flutter Community - Central place for community made packages
24. Motion Ui Design
Resources for inspiration / Sites
- Tympanus codrops – Interactive demos and experiments.
- Codyhouse – Interactive demos and experiments.
- Dribbble – Animated shots category on Dribbble.
- Codepen – HTML/CSS/JS sandbox.
- Give ’n’ Go – A curated gallery of Dribbble shots reworked as interactive CodePen pens.
- capptivate.co – A collection of awesome mobile interfaces.
- Awwwards – Websites examples of designs with animation.
- cssanimation.rocks – CSS animated demos.
- michaelvillar.com – experiments by @michaelvillar (Stripe).
- hakim.se – Experiments by @hakimel.
- ui-animations.tumblr.com – Animations in software user interfaces.
- hoverstat.es – A collection of interesting web sites curated by Animade studio.
- appealing. – A collection of mobile transitions and animations.
Newsletters, podcasts, screencasts / SVG
- UI Movement - best of the week UI animations newsletter.
- The UI Animation Newsletter – newsletter with resources plus helpful advice on how to make web animation work for you coming straight to your inbox each month by @valhead.
- Web Animation Weekly – newsletter with articles, videos, book reviews, and other goodies pertaining to the wonderful worlds of web animation and motion design by Rachel Nabors.
- Motion and meaning – Podcast about motion for digital designers by @valhead and Cennydd Bowles.
- All The Right Moves – Animation reviews by @valhead.
Resources for inspiration / Pinterest boards
- Gestures, transitions, animations by Yuri Vetrov.
- Web UI animation by JRMY LFBV.
- UX/UI interaction & Motion design by Matthieu Lerat.
- Animated UX/UI by Julien Tilly.
Resources for inspiration / Processing and other weird, but funny stuff
- Bees & bombs – Processing experiments by Dave Whyte.
- PATAKK – Processing experiments by Paolo Zagreb.
- dvdp – Visual chinatown by davidope.
- bigblueboo – 3d and processing experiments by Charlie Deck.
Articles / Processing and other weird, but funny stuff
- How fast should your UI animations be? by @valhead.
- Getting started with UI motion design by @Molly Lafferty.
- A Designer’s Guide to Perceived Performance by @Luke Jones.
- How to Use Animation to Improve UX by @Nick Babich.
- How To Use Animations and Motion in Web Design by @PageCloud
- UI Animation: Eye-Pleasing, Problem-Solving by @Tubik Studio.
- UI Motion Design — The Compendium by @Thalion.
- Creating Usability with Motion: The UX in Motion Manifesto by @Issara Willenskomer.
- Jedi Principles of UI Animation @Adaptive Path.
- Micro Interaction; great experience for user engagement @Sneha Munot.
- UI Animation. Microinteraction for Macroresult @Tubik Studio.
- The Principles of UX Choreography @Rebecca Ussai Henderson.
Software / Video, gif, presentation
- Adobe After Effects – The industry-standard animation and creative compositing app lets you design and deliver professional motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video and web:
- Using After Effects for UI Animation Prototypes (🎥 video).
- UI Animation tutorials.
- How to Use After Effects for Web Animation Prototypes (🎥 video).
- MtMograph summits (🎥 video).
- 30 days of AE (🎥 video).
- After Effects CC Essential Training on Lynda (🎥 video).
- BodyMovin (⭐28k) – Converter from AE to SVG/canvas.
- Squall – Converter from AE to iOS.
- Apple Motion – MacOS app for create and edit motion graphics, titling for video production and film production, and 2D and 3D compositing for visual effects.
- Adobe Photoshop – Raster graphics editor that can also produce gif UI animations:
- Adobe Flash – Software for creating vector graphics, animations, games etc..
Software / Visual programming
- Quartz Composer – MacOS app with node-based visual programming language for prototyping MacOS/iOS apps:
- Form – App with a node-based visual programming language for prototyping apps by Google.
- Principle For Mac – MacOS app for create animated and interactive user interface designs.
- easings.net – Easing functions cheat sheet.
- cubic-bezier.com – Cubic-bezier visual tool.
- csstriggers.com – List of CSS properties thats trigger repaint, reflow or compositing.
- Web Animation Infographics – Great (but old) infographic with libraries by used technology.
- Bouncy Ball – Comparing animation techniques by showing how to bounce a ball with each one.
Libraries / CSS
- Animate.css – Collections of CSS animations.
- Effeckt.css – Collections of UI animations.
- Bounce.js – Tool for generate nice CSS keyframes animation from js easing function.
- Animations.css - Collection.
- Magic animations – Collection.
- UI buttons – Collection of buttons.
- Hover.css – Hover effects.
- Morf – Transitions with custom easing functions.
- Awesome CSS3 animations – Library of animations.
- All Animation – Set of fun animations to make your project sexier.
- CSS Animate – Tool for easy and fast creating CSS3 keyframes animation.
- Mantra – Tool for creating keyframes animation.
- GreenSock – Ultra high-performance, professional-grade animation for the modern web.
- Impulse – High-performance interactions for mobile web.
- AniJS – Animations by declared data-attributes.
- Framer.js (⭐5.7k) – Prototyping tool for designing UI, interaction and animation.
- Mo.js (⭐18k) – Motion graphics toolbelt for the web.
- AnimateTransition – Library for transition of blocks and popups.
- Animate Plus (⭐5.9k) – CSS and SVG animation library for modern browsers, performant and lightweight (3KB gzipped), making it particularly well-suited for mobile.
Libraries / SVG
- BonsaiJS – Lightweight graphics library with intuitive graphics API and SVG renderer.
- Vivus.js – Allows you to animate SVGs, giving them the appearence of being drawn.
- Walkway.js – Easy way to animate SVG images consisting of line, path, and polyline elements.
- Transformicons – Animated icons, symbols and buttons using SVG and CSS.
Web animation performance / SVG
- Jankfree.org – Collection of articles and presentations about browser performance.
Speeches, presentations, videos / SVG
- Interface Animations (Mark Geyer) – Workshop on BlendConf 2014.
- Designing with animation (Pasquale D'Silva) (🎥 video).
- Animating Web Experiences (John Allsopp) (🎥 video).
- Putting Your UI in Motion (Val Head) (🎥 video).
- Motion design with CSS (Val Head) (🎥 video).
- Lets move! (Benjamin De Cock, Stripe) (🎥 video).
- Animating Your UX (Rachel Nabors) (🎥 video).
- Designing meaningful animation (Val Head) (🎥 video).
- Functional Animation (Sarah Drasner) (🎥 video).
Guidelines / SVG
Books / SVG
- The Web In Motion: Practical Considerations For Designing With Animation by Smashing Magazine.
- Motion Design for iOS by Mike Rundle.
- CSS animations by @valhead.
25. Awesome Embedded Rust
no-std crates / WIP
- OxCC (⭐16): A port of Open Source Car Control written in Rust
26. Awesome Creative Coding
Visual Programming Languages
- cables [Cross-platform/Web] - Your model kit for creating beautiful interactive content. Currently in private beta, invites can be requested.
Articles • Tutorials / Shaders • OpenGL • WebGL
- Three.js Basics - Introduction to Three.js by Eric Haines.
- An Interactive Introduction to WebGL and three.js - Slides from the SIGGRAPH 2017 WebGL workshop.
Quick References • Cheatsheets / Other
- Three.js Reference - Reference from the Udacity Interactive 3D Graphics course.
27. Awesome Speakers
Europe / France 🇫🇷
North America / Canada 🇨🇦
28. Awesome Hacking Locations
Poland 🇵🇱 / Krakow
Great coffee, with multiple brew choices, and sound food. Smallish and usually quiet.
|✔||✔||Krupnicza 7, 33-332 Kraków||Mon-Sun 08:00-21:00|
United States 🇺🇸 / Washington
Lots of small and large tables, free fast wifi, plenty of power, and some of the best coffee in Richmond.
|open, password on wall||✔||❄️/♨️||1805 E Grace St, Richmond, VA 23223||Open Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 6:00pm Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm Closed Sundays|
29. Awesome Tmux
Miscellaneous / Development and testing
- tmux-tail-f (⭐30) A tool to tail multiple files using tmux
30. Awesome Appium
Become an Appium Pro
31. Awesome Ember
Packages / Ember-Cli Articles
32. Awesome Mac
Reading and Writing Tools / Note-taking
- Agenda - Date-focused note taking app for both planning and documenting your projects.
Developer Tools / Developer Utilities
- Hex Fiend - Fast and clever open source hex editor.
Developer Tools / Version Control
- Sublime Merge - Git client, from the makers of Sublime Text.
33. Awesome Cmake
Examples / Templates
- cpp-template (⭐47) - A template C++ repository, using CMake and Catch.
34. Awesome Aws
Open Source Repos / Elastic Container Service
- ecs-refarch-continuous-deployment 🔥🔥🔥 (⭐826) - Reference Architecture for continuous deployment to ECS using CodePipeline.
35. Awesome Music
Music Theory Teaching
- Artusi - Interactive music theory exercises.
- musictheory.net - Lessons and exercises
- OpenMusicTheory - a growing, online "textbook" for music theory and aural skills.
36. Awesome Dev Fun
- Volkswagen (⭐13k) - 🙈 Volkswagen detects when your tests are being run in a CI server, and makes them pass.
37. Awesome Keycloak
38. Awesome Interview Questions
Programming Languages/Frameworks/Platforms / Angular
39. Awesome Dotnet Core
Community / Workflow
40. Awesome Regression Testing
Tools and frameworks
- AyeSpy (⭐173) - 44 image comparisons in 90 seconds.
41. Awesome Vscode
Documentation / Gradle Tasks
- Better Comments - The Better Comments extension will help you create more human-friendly comments in your code.
Tools / Gradle Tasks
- Live Share - Visual Studio Live Share enables you to collaboratively edit and debug with others in real time, regardless what programming languages you're using or app types you're building.
- Mark down preview - Markdown Preview Enhanced is an extension that provides you with many useful functionalities such as automatic scroll sync, math typesetting, mermaid, PlantUML, pandoc, PDF export, code chunk, presentation writer, etc. A lot of its ideas are inspired by Markdown Preview Plus and RStudio Markdown.
42. Awesome Lit
Archive / Other Tools
43. Awesome Ethereum
- Week in Ethereum - A summary of everything happening in Ethereum each week.
44. Awesome Eta
Introduction / Overview
- GitHub (⭐2.5k) - Eta on GitHub.
- Philosophy - Interview about the philosophy behind Eta's development.
Introduction / First Steps
- Prelude (⭐6) - Default modules for an easier start.
Introduction / Official Resources
- Eta Blog: Java I - Using Eta with Java, part I.
- Eta Blog: Java II - Using Eta with Java, part II.
- Eta Blog: Haskell - Using Haskell packages in Eta code.
- Eta Blog: Scala - Using Eta code in Scala projects.
Tools / Talks
- sbt (⭐58) - Plugin for integrating Eta into Scala.
- gradle (⭐28) - Gradle plugin for Eta projects.
Sample Applications / Android
- eta-android-2048 (⭐56) - The 2048 game for Android.
Sample Applications / Web
- eta-todo (⭐16) - Example of a Spock web application written in Eta.
- eta-yesod-minimal (⭐5) - Example of a Yesod web application in Eta.
45. Awesome Computer History
Videos / Old recordings
- The Computer Literacy Project (1980-1989) - In the 1980s, the BBC explored the world of computing in The Computer Literacy Project (all episodes)
- Thinking Allowed - Artificial Intelligence (1989) - Interview with John McCarthy, creator of Lisp and one of the founders of the discipline of artificial intelligence
Videos / Documentaries
- Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires (1996) - History of the personal computer 8.5/10
- Code 2600 (2011) - Documents the Info-Tech Age, told by the events and people who helped build and manipulate it 7.4/10
- We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists (2012) - A documentary on the workings and beliefs of the self-described "hacktivist" collective, Anonymous 7.3/10
- Silicon Valley (2013) - A PBS "American Experience" documentary about the start of Silicon Valley 7.9/10
- Downloaded (2013) - The Napster Revolution, a documentary that explores the downloading revolution 6.9/10
- The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (2014) - The story of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz 8.1/10
- Silicon Cowboys (2016) - Documentary detailing the story of Compaq, its three founders and how it took on IBM at the height of its PC dominance. 6.8/10
Videos / Reflective interviews
- Steve Jobs - The Lost Interview (2012) - A conversation with Steve Jobs as he was running NeXT, the company he had founded after leaving Apple 8.1/10
Videos / Movies
- Halt and Catch Fire (2014-2017) - Set in the 1980s, this series dramatizes the personal computing boom 8.4/10
- Steve Jobs (2015) - The story shows Steve Jobs behind the scenes of Apple's iconic product launches. 7.2/10
Videos / Commercials
- Apple 1984 Super Bowl Commercial (1984) - Apple 1984 Super Bowl Commercial Introducing Macintosh Computer 7.8/10
Texts / Folklore
- The Jargon File (1988)
- A Cypherpunk's Manifesto (1993)
- UTF-8 history (2003)
Source Code / Announcements and Memos
- MS-DOS (⭐17k) (1982, 1983) - Version 1.25 and 2.0
46. Awesome Deep Learning
Researchers / Frameworks
Researchers / Tools
- Jupyter Notebook - Web-based notebook environment for interactive computing
- TensorBoard (⭐6k) - TensorFlow's Visualization Toolkit
Researchers / Miscellaneous
47. Awesome Crystal
Examples and funny stuff
- Crystal for Rubyists - Free book to bootstrap your Crystal journey
- Programming Crystal - PragProg book to start your Crystal journey
48. Awesome Ripple
- ripple-python-lib (⭐24): Python implementation of JSON-RPC and Data API calls
Ask these people anything!
- Riza Fahmi (⭐2) - Developer, mentor, speaker. Curriculum Director, Co-Founder Hacktiv8 Coding Bootcamp.
- Sergey Sova - Rust lover. Mentor. Freelancer. React developer.
50. Awesome Qt
Tools / Third-Party Tools
- Qompoter (⭐19) - Dependency manager for Qt / C++.
51. Awesome Humane Tech
Privacy / Wear our badge
- Privacy Respecting (⭐1.8k) - A curated list of privacy-respecting Services and Software.
- user.js (⭐2.5k) - Configuration for Firefox to harden browser settings and make it more secure.
52. Awesome Swift
- InputBarAccessoryView (⭐970) - A simple and easily customizable InputAccessoryView for making powerful input bars with autocomplete and attachments.
- DITranquillity (⭐394) - Dependency injection framework with tranquility.
Pagination / Barcode
- FlexiblePageControl (⭐731) - A flexible UIPageControl like Instagram.
53. Awesome Gbdev
Hardware / Opcodes
- The Game Boy Project - Provides a study on the hardware and detailed constructional information for the implementation of three 8-bit bidirectional parallel ports.
- Related custom hardware (⭐232) - by Gekkio.
- ESP8266 GB Dev Board (⭐18) - Dev board for Game Boy accessories development, powered by ESP8266.
- ESP8266 GB Printer (⭐39) - A device that emulates the GB Printer and lets you retrieve images using WiFi.
- fruttenboel - Page with loads of information on the hardware, custom boards to interface with the console and other related projects.
Peripherals / Opcodes
- Ben Heck Reverse Engineers Game Boy Printer (Errata: the used thermal paper is expired, 4 colors are actually printable).
Cartridges / Opcodes
- MBC1+RAM+Battery cartridge Schematic - First schematics by Jeff Frohwein.
Emulator Development / Misc
- RealBoy Emulator - A series of posts about the design and implementation of the RealBoy Emulator.
- Codeslinger - Another series of posts documenting the building of an emulator.
Testing / Misc
- 144p Test Suite (⭐137) - Port of Artemio Urbina's 240p Test Suite to the Game Boy.
Emulators / Experimental/Proof of Concepts
- SameBoy (⭐1.2k) - Accurate emulator with a wide range of powerful debugging features.
- Mooneye GB (⭐807) - Research project and emulator in Rust.
C / Syntax highlighting packages
Demos / Syntax highlighting packages
- matrix-rain-gb (⭐24) - A Matrix digital rain effect in assembler.
Related projects / Syntax highlighting packages
- liblsdj (⭐70) - Utility library for interacting with the LSDj save format (.sav), song files (.lsdsng) and more.
- lsdpatch (⭐121) - Tool for modifying samples, fonts and palettes on LSDj ROM images.
Directories / Syntax highlighting packages
- The Game Boy Archive - Salvage (⭐22) - Historical archive of software, old articles, FAQs and various documents.
54. Awesome Sysadmin
Software / Software Containers
- Docker - Platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications.
55. Awesome Geek Podcasts
- BookBytes - A book club podcast for developers.
- Souforce.cloud - O primeiro podcast voltado ao mundo Salesforce no idioma Português, aqui batemos um papo de Desenvolvimento, Administração da Plataforma, Produtos Salesforce além de assuntos como Carreira entre outros.