Track Awesome Powershell Updates Daily
A curated list of delightful PowerShell modules and resources
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 janikvonrotz/awesome-powershell · ⭐ 3.6K · 🏷️ Development Environment
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
May 28, 2022
- Dotenv (⭐8) - Provides directory specific environments through .env files, similar to direnv.
May 11, 2022
- Tiny PowerShell Projects - A hands-on tutorial for system administration with PowerShell.
- PSFzf (⭐432) - a PowerShell module that wraps fzf (⭐48k), a fuzzy file finder for the command line.
Jan 11, 2022
- The anatomy of the Get-Help command in PowerShell - Software Engineer Tyler Leonhardt introduces the Powershell help system.
Sep 09, 2021
- Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches - Learn how to automate SQL Server with PowerShell and the awesome dbatools module.
Aug 12, 2021
- Practical Automation with PowerShell - Learn how to build, organize, and share useful automations with PowerShell.
Aug 04, 2021
- m2cgen (⭐2.2k) - A CLI tool to transpile trained classic ML models into a native PowerShell code with zero dependencies.
May 11, 2021
- Windows PowerShell Blog - Official PowerShell Team Blog.
- SharePoint2019Commands (⭐3) - PowerShell module to help you auto-load all SharePoint 2019 cmdlets.
Apr 10, 2021
- PowerScripting - Weekly show run by Jon Walz and Hal Rottenberg.
- Oh-My-Posh (⭐8.2k) - Tons of beautiful theme that can be enabled by one single command (includes many awesome powerline theme).
Sep 23, 2020
- Research Triangle PowerShell User Group - Very active PowerShell and automation user group. Meets on first and third Wednesdays. All skill levels welcome.
- Research Triangle PowerShell User Group YouTube Channel - large catalog of user group meetings and demos by community members. 150+ hours of content.
Sep 14, 2020
- Slack PowerShell team - Large chat room dedicated to PowerShell. Bridged with
Jul 26, 2020
- zoxide (⭐8k) - A better way to navigate your filesystem. Written in Rust, cross-shell, and much faster than other autojumpers.
Jul 11, 2020
- PoshColor (⭐40) - Colour output from common commands with support for custom themes.
Jul 10, 2020
- psInlineProgress (⭐72) - Write inline progress bars in PowerShell.
Jun 29, 2020
- Jump-Location (⭐455) - PowerShell
cdthat reads your mind. Autojump (⭐14k) implementation for PowerShell.
- Microsoft.PowerShell.UnixCompleters (⭐109) - Get parameter completion for native Unix utilities. Requires zsh or bash.
- PSDepend (⭐248) - PowerShell Dependency Handler
- PSScriptTools (⭐639) - A set of of PowerShell functions you might use to enhance your own functions and scripts or to facilitate working in the console.
- hjson-powershell (⭐3) - Simple powershell module for conversion between HJSON and JSON.
- ImportExcel (⭐2k) - Module to import/export Excel spreadsheets, without Excel.
- powershell-yaml (⭐299) - PowerShell CmdLets for YAML format manipulation.
- PSWriteHTML (⭐578) - PSWriteHTML is a PowerShell module allowing you to create HTML easily.
- PSWritePDF (⭐116) - Module to create, edit, split, merge PDF files on Windows / Linux and MacOS.
- PSWriteWord (⭐213) - Module to create Microsoft Word documents without Microsoft Word installed.
- Kansa (⭐1.3k) - Incident response framework.
- Jupyter-PowerShell (⭐103) - Jupyter Kernel for PowerShell.
- PoShLog (⭐117) - Cross-platform, extensible logging module built upon Serilog.
- PSThreadJob (⭐157) - Module for running concurrent jobs based on threads rather than processes.
- Harness (⭐71) - Interactive remote PowerShell Payload.
- Invoke-Obfuscation (⭐2.8k) - PowerShell Obfuscator.
- p0wnedShell (⭐1.4k) - PowerShell Runspace Post Exploitation Toolkit.
- PESecurity (⭐544) - Module to check if a Windows binary (EXE/DLL) has been compiled with ASLR, DEP, SafeSEH, StrongNaming, and Authenticode.
- Powershellery (⭐442) - Powershell scripts used for general hackery.
- PowerUpSQL (⭐2k) - Toolkit for Attacking SQL Server.
- Selenium (⭐364) - PowerShell module to run a Selenium WebDriver.
- PSScriptAnalyzer (⭐1.5k) - PSScriptAnalyzer provides script analysis and checks for potential code defects in the scripts by applying a group of built-in or customized rules on the scripts being analyzed.
- AnyBox (⭐189) - Designed to facilitate script input/output with an easily customizable WPF window.
- BurntToast (⭐1.1k) - Module for creating and displaying Toast Notifications on Microsoft Windows 10.
- Graphical (⭐301) - Module to plot colorful console 2D Graphs (Scatter, Bar, Line).
- GraphicalTools (⭐494) - A module that mixes PowerShell and GUIs! - built on Avalonia and gui.cs.
- PS-Menu (⭐153) - Simple module to render interactive console menu.
- PSWriteColor (⭐115) - Write-Color is a wrapper around Write-Host allowing you to create nice looking scripts, with colorized output.
- Terminal-Icons (⭐1.4k) - Module to show file and folder icons in the terminal.
- Universal Dashboard - Cross-platform module for developing websites and REST APIs.
- PoshBot (⭐492) - Powershell-based bot framework.
- PoShKeePass (⭐216) - Module for working with KeePass databases.
Jun 26, 2020
Code and Package Repositories
- PowerShell Test Gallery - A test version of the PowerShell Gallery. Useful when developing new modules.
Jun 19, 2020
- SimplySql (⭐132) - SimplySql is a module that provides an intuitive set of cmdlets for talking to databases that abstracts the vendor specifics. The basic pattern is to connect to a database, execute one or more sql.
Jun 02, 2020
- PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit - Provides a set of functions to perform common application deployment tasks and to interact with the user during a deployment.
May 30, 2020
Editors and IDEs
- PoshTools for Visual Studio - Provides IntelliSense, script debugging, and Pester testing support for PowerShell to Visual Studio.
- WSLab (⭐994) - Windows Server rapid lab deployment scripts.
May 23, 2020
- PSKoans (⭐1.2k) - A simple, fun, and interactive way to learn the PowerShell language through Pester unit testing.
Module Development Templates
- Plaster (⭐643) - Plaster is a template-based file and project generator written in PowerShell.
- PSModuleDevelopment (⭐80) - Get started using module templates in 2 minutes with this module's low entry barrier and casual convenience.
- Catesta (⭐121) - Catesta is a PowerShell module project generator. It uses templates to rapidly scaffold test and build integration for a variety of CI/CD platforms.
- Scoop - A command-line installer for Windows.
- AutoSPInstaller - Automated SharePoint 2010-2019 installation script.
- Client-side SharePoint - API for SharePoint 2010, 2013 and Online.
- SPReplicator (⭐31) - SPReplicator helps replicate SharePoint list data to/from CSV, SQL Server, SharePoint itself and more.
- dbatools - Helps SQL Server Pros be more productive with instance migrations and much more.
Apr 11, 2020
- Clear-Script - Personal blog of Joel (Sallow) Francis.
Apr 08, 2020
- PSURLScanio (⭐31) - A module for urlscan.io that is a service to scan and analyze websites.
Apr 07, 2020
- Windows PowerShell Networking Guide - Language specific guide to Windows networking.
Editors and IDEs
- PowerShell ISE - Official PowerShell development environment included with Microsoft Windows.
Apr 04, 2020
- PSGitHub (⭐161) - Module contains commands to manage GitHub through its REST API.
- Posh-GitHub (⭐72) - Cmdlets that expose the GitHub API.
- Posh-Gist (⭐37) - Cmdlets for interacting with GitHub Gist.
- PSGist (⭐42) - A module to work with GitHub Gists.
- PSAppVeyor (⭐14) - A module to interact with the AppVeyor REST API.
- PSSlack (⭐254) - Module for simple Slack integration.
- PSTelegramAPI (⭐26) - Module for Telegram APIs
- PSTeams (⭐328) - A module for sending formatted messages to a Microsoft Teams Channel.
- Learn PowerShell | Achieve More - Personal blog of Boe Prox who moderated for the Scripting Guy.
- PowerShell for SysAdmins: Workflow Automation Made Easy - Learn how to manage and automate your desktop and server environments.
Code and Package Repositories
- PowerShell Gallery - Official PowerShell package repository, used by PowerShellGet.
- pslinq (⭐70) - LINQ (LINQ2Objects) for PowerShell.
- PSDirTag (⭐16) - DirTags are relative paths that appear as variables in the PowerShell prompt that update as you navigate. Saves keystrokes when navigating folder structures.
- PSUtil (⭐98) - Designed to make the user's console life more convenient. It includes shortcuts, aliases, key bindings and convenience functions geared towards greater efficiency and less typing.
- PowerShell PowerUp (⭐96) - Powerful server management framework.
- PowerShellGet (⭐318) - PowerShellGet is the Package Manager for PowerShell. Packages are available on PowerShellGallery.
- PoshRSJob (⭐490) - Provides an alternative to PSJobs with greater performance and less overhead to run commands in the background.
- Pester (⭐2.8k) - PowerShell BDD style testing framework.
- Format-Pester (⭐75) - PowerShell module for documenting Pester's results - exports Pester results to HTML, Word, text files using PScribo (⭐204).
- PowerShell on Linux and Open Source - Brief introduction to PowerShell open source project and how it runs on Linux.
Feb 12, 2020
- Starship (⭐30k) - The minimal, blazing fast, and extremely customizable prompt for any shell.
Jan 24, 2020
- Adam the Automator - Engaging, technical content on all things automation, cloud computing and DevOps by Adam Bertram and friends.
Oct 06, 2019
- Nishang (⭐6.9k) - Enables scripting for red team, penetration testing, and offensive security.
Sep 21, 2019
- Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Linux and macOS Edition - A task-focused tutorial for administering Linux and macOS systems using Microsoft PowerShell.
Jul 31, 2019
- HipChatAdmin (⭐7) - A module for simple integration with Atlassian HipChat via the HipChat API.
- ConfluencePS - A module for interacting with Atlassian's Confluence in powershell (by using the API).
- JiraPS - A module for interacting with Atlassian's Jira in powershell (by using the API).
- PowerShellMagazine - Awesome magazine.
- PowerShellExplained - Personal blog of Kevin Marquette
- Doug Finke - Author of PowerShell for Developers.
- Mike F. Robbins - Microsoft MVP. SAPIEN Tech MVP. Co-author of Windows PowerShell TFM 4th Edition.
- Exploring PowerShell Automation - a free eBook sampler that gives you an overview of how to administer your environment.
- PowerShell in Depth - The go-to reference for administrators. Every major shell technique, technology, and tactic is explained and demonstrated, providing a comprehensive reference to almost everything an admin would do in the shell.
- Windows PowerShell in Action, Third Edition - The latest revision of the comprehensive reference guide.
- Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition - An innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. Just set aside one hour a day - lunchtime would be perfect - for a month, and you'll be automating Windows tasks faster than you ever thought possible.
- Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches - A guide to the process of developing, testing, and deploying scripts, and the art of toolmaking.
- The Monad Manifesto, Annotated - Jeffrey Snover - Design and theory behind the language from its creator.
- Why PowerShell? - Warren Frame & Don Jones - Use cases for the language.
- The Big Book of PowerShell Gotchas - Don Jones - Excellent guide to avoiding common pitfalls.
- The Big Book of PowerShell Error Handling - Dave Wyatt - Great reference for error handling techniques.
- Secrets of PowerShell Remoting - On all things remoting. Workflow, fan-out, etc.
- PowerShell Notes for Professionals - Compilation of notes and snippets.
Code and Package Repositories
- GitHub - Looking for an Open Source PowerShell project? It's probably here.
- posh-git (⭐6.5k) - Set of PowerShell scripts which provide Git/PowerShell integration.
- PSReadLine (⭐2.8k) - Bash inspired readline implementation for PowerShell. Keeps history between sessions, adds reverse-history search and makes the commandline experience much better overall.
- TabExpansionPlusPlus (⭐177) - PowerShell module to make customizing tab completion easier and add a library of custom argument completers.
- Zlocation (⭐433) * z.sh (⭐15k) implementation for PowerShell. Similar to Jump-Location.
- thefuck (⭐74k) - Magnificent app which corrects your previous console command (by typing
- posh-with (⭐58) - Command prefixing for continuous workflow using a single tool.
- poco* peco (⭐7.1k) implementation. Interactive filtering tool.
- PowerShell.org - Forums, summits, community blog posts, and more.
- /r/PowerShell - Reddit PowerShell community.
- platyPS (⭐622) - Write PowerShell External Help in Markdown.
- Invoke-CreateModuleHelpFile (⭐30) - PowerShell function to create a HTML help file for a module and all it's commands.
- PScribo (⭐204) - PowerShell documentation framework what can create HTML, Word, text files based on PowerShell-based DSL (domain specific language).
Editors and IDEs
- PowerShell Studio - Powerful PowerShell IDE with module, help, and user interface development tools, high DPI support and regular updates.
- PowerShell for Visual Studio Code - Provides IntelliSense, code navigations, script analysis, script debugging, and more for the Visual Studio Code editor.
- ISE Steroids - Add-on for the PowerShell ISE which provides a rich set of additional features to complete the ISE development experience.
- PowerShell Plus - All in one IDE.
- SublimeText package (⭐291) - PowerShell language support for Sublime Text.
- Atom package (⭐44) - PowerShell language support for Atom.
- Carbon - DevOps for automating the configuration of Windows computers.
- PSCX (⭐593) - PowerShell Community Extensions - Useful set of additional cmdlets.
- PSFramework (⭐330) - Easily add configurations, logging and more to your own PowerShell module.
- Chocolatey - The package manager for Windows. The sane way to manage software on Windows.
- GitLab (⭐40) - Use a GitLab server as Package Provider.
- Invoke-Parallel (⭐345) - This function will take in a script or scriptblock, and run it against specified objects(s) in parallel.
- The PowerShell News Podcast - This podcast is the latest news on PowerShell.
- File System Security - Allows a much easier management of permissions on files and folders.
- PowerShellArsenal (⭐786) - Module used to aid a reverse engineer.
- PowerTools (⭐1.8k) - Collection of projects with a focus on offensive operations.
- PowerForensics (⭐1.2k) - Popular live disk forensics platform for windows.
- PowerSploit (⭐10k) - Post-exploitation framework.
- PowerShellEmpire (⭐6.7k) - Post-exploitation agent.
- PSReflect (⭐204) - Easily define in-memory enums, structs, and Win32 functions in PowerShell. Useful for attacks, example (⭐2.4k).
- BloodHound (⭐7.5k) - Easily identify highly complex attack paths that would otherwise be impossible to quickly identify.
- Powerline (⭐509) - PowerShell Classes for richer output and prompts.
- PowerShell Unplugged with Jeffrey Snover and Don Jones Ignite 2017 - The inventor of PowerShell talking about "the latest and coolest PowerShell features to help you automate and manage the hybrid cloud". Focused on the PowerShell Community.
- Getting Started With PowerShell 3.0 Jump Start - Jump starts series are for IT professionals with no previous experience with PowerShell, and want to learn it fast.
- Advanced Tools & Scripting with PowerShell 3.0 - IT pros, take this advanced PowerShell course to find out how to turn your real time management and automation scripts into useful reusable tools and cmdlets.
- What's New in PowerShell v5 - Through description on some of the exciting new features in PowerShell version 5.0.
- PowerShell Open Source Project - Collection of videos thoroughly demonstrate how PowerShell open source project runs on Linux.
- PowerShell - This show will include videos talking about the PowerShell automation platform, Desired State Configuration (DSC), infrastructure as code, and related concepts!! These videos are created by Trevor Sullivan, a Microsoft MVP for Windows PowerShell.
- Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches - Don Jones - Video companion to the book of the same title.
- Best Practices for Script Design - Don Jones - Don Jones discusses script design principles and best practices.
- PowerShell Toolmaking (1 of 3) - Don Jones - Toolmaking (1 of 3) - Don Jones.
- PowerShell Toolmaking (2 of 3) - Don Jones - Toolmaking (2 of 3) - Don Jones.
- PowerShell Toolmaking (3 of 3) - Don Jones - Toolmaking (3 of 3) - Don Jones.
- Sophisticated Techniques of Plain Text Parsing - Tobias Weltner - Great reference for text parsing.
- Monad Manifesto Revisited - Jeffrey Snover - Jeffrey Snover reflects on the beginnings of the language and where it's going.
- AD Forensics with PowerShell - Ashley McGlone - A lot of AD related scripting and analysis techniques.
- Windows PowerShell What's New in V2 - SAPIEN - Old but gold. Most of this is still very relevant.
- All Things Microsoft PowerShell - Another general language reference.
- Flancy (⭐178) - Web microframework for Windows PowerShell.
- Pode (⭐539) - Pode is a Cross-Platform PowerShell framework for creating web servers to host REST APIs, Web Sites, and TCP/SMTP Servers.
- Polaris (⭐486) - A cross-platform, minimalist web framework for PowerShell.
- WebCommander (⭐162) - Run scripts and view results, in a friendly web GUI or via a web service.
- DbgShell (⭐630) - A PowerShell front-end for the Windows debugger engine.
Nov 12, 2016
- psake (⭐1.5k) - Build automation tool inspired by rake (aka make in Ruby) and bake (aka make in Boo).
- Invoke-Build (⭐530) - Build and test automation tool inspired by psake.
- PSDeploy (⭐325) - Module built for the purpose of simplifying multiple types of deployments.
- BuildHelpers (⭐187) - Variety of helper functions for CI/CD scenarios.
- poke (⭐76) - Crazy cool reflection module for PowerShell. Explore and invoke private APIs like nobody is watching. Useful for security research, testing and quick hacks.
Oct 31, 2016
- YDeliver (⭐43) - Build and deployment framework aimed at .NET projects.