Track Awesome Game Remakes Updates Daily
Actively maintained open-source game remakes.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 radek-sprta/awesome-game-remakes · ⭐ 495 · 🏷️ Gaming
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Sep 17, 2023
- GLSMAC (⭐207) - Unofficial open-source OpenGL/SDL2 reimplementation of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri ( + Alien Crossfire ).
Sep 03, 2023
- wipEout Rewrite (⭐2.1k) - This is a re-implementation of the 1995 PSX game wipEout.
- KeeperFX (⭐303) - Open source remake and Fan Expansion of Dungeon Keeper.
- Ozymandias (⭐35) - An open source re-implementation of Pharaoh in the Julius/Augustus engine.
Jun 08, 2023
- re3 (⭐225) - Reversed source code for GTA III and GTA: Vice City.
Feb 19, 2023
- Zelda3 (⭐3.9k) - This is a reverse engineered clone of Zelda 3 - A Link to the Past.
Jan 30, 2023
- OpenEnroth (⭐609) - Might and Magic VI-VIII engine remake using original data & code.
Jan 18, 2023
- Vange-rs (⭐388) - The idea of this project is to replicate the old look and behavior of Vangers, but with native hardware acceleration for the graphics.
- VanillaConquer (⭐257) - Command and Conquer and Red Alert original release source port based on the remaster source code drop.
Jan 01, 2023
- MineClone2 - Stable, moddable & free/libre clone of Minecraft based on the Minetest engine.
Nov 10, 2022
- 2009scape - A free & open-source remake of 2009 era RuneScape.
Jun 22, 2022
- OpenNox (⭐300) - Collaboration project extending the Nox engine.
May 18, 2022
- Stone Kingdoms - A real-time strategy game made with LÖVE based on the original Stronghold by Firefly studios.
Sep 14, 2021
- OpenJazz (⭐211) - Free, open-source version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit™ games.
Jul 27, 2021
- BetterSpades (⭐208) - Ace Of Spades open source implementation that runs on older machines.
- FreeCS - Free-software re-implementation of Counter-Strike 1.5 running on the FTEQW engine.
- FTEQW - FPS Engine for Quake 1, QuakeWorld, Quake 2, Hexen II & Quake III Arena.
- Zandronum - Multiplayer oriented port, based off Skulltag, for Doom and Doom II. Also runs Heretic, Hexen and Strife.
Jul 26, 2021
- Rigel Engine (⭐806) - Modern reimplementation of the classic DOS game Duke Nukem II in C++.
- Space Station 14 (⭐1.5k) - Space Station 14 is a revived attempt at a Space Station 13 remake.
May 20, 2021
- fheroes2 (⭐2.2k) - Free implementation of Heroes of Might and Magic II game engine.
Apr 13, 2021
- OpenHV (⭐718) - Open-source implementation of Hard Vacuum.
Jan 12, 2021
- OpenTyrian (⭐338) - An open-source port of Tyrian from Turbo Pascal to C.
- Ryzom Core (⭐293) - Ryzom Core contains the whole code (client, server, tools) used to make the commercial MMORPG Ryzom.
May 19, 2020
- The Force Engine (⭐799) - Jedi Engine for modern systems and the games that used that engine - Dark Forces and Outlaws.
Mar 26, 2020
- Omnispeak (⭐273) - Reimplementation of Commander Keen in Goodbye Galaxy.
Mar 18, 2020
- BStone (⭐273) - A source port of Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold and Blake Stone: Planet Strike.
Mar 12, 2020
- Carnage3D (⭐423) - Reimplementation of Grand Theft Auto.
- donut (⭐364) - Reimplementation of The Simpsons: Hit & Run in modern C++ and modern OpenGL.
- OpenJK (⭐1.9k) - Community effort to maintain and improve Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast by Raven Software.
- OpenLara (⭐4.3k) - Classic Tomb Raider open-source engine.
- OpenTomb (⭐1.3k) - Original Tomb Raider 1-5 experience with contemporary updates, features and additions.
- remc2 (⭐100) - Reverse engineering of Magic Carpet 2 from Assembler.
- San Andreas Unity (⭐1.7k) - Reimplementation of GTA: San Andreas game engine in Unity.
- TOMB5 (⭐474) - Tomb Raider: Chronicles disassembly translated to C source code.
- raw(gl) (⭐169) - Reimplementation of Another World.
- ScummVM (⭐2.1k) - Allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games such Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island.
- C-Dogs SDL (⭐775) - Classic overhead run-and-gun game.
- Open Kick-Off (⭐36) - Rewriting attempt of the cult football game Kick Off 2.
- Taisei (⭐797) - Fan-made, open-source clone of the Touhou series.
- The Great Escape in C (⭐101) - Classic ZX Spectrum game The Great Escape in portable C.
- Zelda Classic (⭐410) - A game and editing tool that lets you create custom Legend of Zelda quests.
- Allegiance (⭐77) - Allegiance is RTS and FPS Space Combat game.
- Chocolate Doom (⭐1.6k) - Source port that is minimalist, historically accurate and includes ports of Heretic and Hexen, and Strife.
- Doom Legacy - One of the most popular DOOM source ports, which enhances it with things like TCP/IP networking, OpenGL renderer etc.
- Doomsday Engine (⭐240) - Source port of id Software's DOOM I/II and Raven Software's Heretic and Hexen.
- ECWolf - Port of Wolfenstein 3D based on Wolf4SDL.
- Freedoom (⭐858) - Free software FPS based on the classic DOOM engine.
- Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion - Cross-platform port of the Hexen II game.
- NBlood (⭐493) - Port of the classic FPS Blood.
- Odamex (⭐152) - Online multiplayer DOOM port with a strong focus on the original gameplay while providing a breadth of enhancements.
- OpenSpades (⭐1k) - Compatible client of Ace of Spades, a voxel FPS.
- RBDOOM-3-BFG (⭐1.2k) - Doom 3 BFG Edition with soft shadows, cleaned up source, Linux and 64 bit Support.
- RedneckGDX - Port of Redneck Rampage.
- The Eternity Engine (⭐201) - Advanced DOOM source port.
- Tyrquake (⭐36) - Libretro port of Tyrquake.
- vkQuake (⭐1.6k) - Quake port using Vulkan instead of OpenGL for rendering.
- 2006rebotted (⭐17) - A 2006 Runescape Emulation Server.
- FreeSO (⭐749) - Reimplementation of The Sims Online, targetted mainly at mobile devices.
- Meridian 59 (⭐348) - The first 3D MMORPG, released in 1996 and open sourced in 2012. The original codebase for Meridian 59.
- Opengate - Remake of Jumpgate.
- RuneLite (⭐4.3k) - Open source old school RuneScape client.
- DGEngine (⭐229) - Implementation of the Diablo game engine.
- Freeablo (⭐2.1k) - Open-source implementation of the Diablo engine.
- GemRB (⭐849) - Portable open-source reimplementation of the Infinity Engine (used by Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and more).
- OpenGothic (⭐886) - Reimplementation of Gothic 2: Night of the Raven.
- OpenTESArena (⭐844) - Modern engine reimplementation of The Elder Scrolls: Arena by Bethesda Softworks.
- sfall (⭐264) - A set of engine modifications for the classic game Fallout 2.
- UAlbion (⭐116) - Remake of 1995 Albion.
- WitchavenGDX - Witchaven Java port.
- xoreos (⭐1k) - Implementation of BioWare's Aurora engine and its derivatives (used by Neverwinter Nights, The Witcher and more).
- zorkClone (⭐17) - Reimplementation of the original Zork game developed by Infocom.
- Alive Reversing (⭐265) - Reimplementation of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus.
- Jazz² Resurrection (⭐436) - Reimplementation of Jazz Jackrabbit 2.
- Lionheart Remake (⭐67) - Java remake of Lionheart Amiga game.
- Prince-Monogame (⭐36) - Monogame implementation of Prince of Persia 2.
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M (⭐195) - Adaptation of Secret Mario Chronicles.
- Vangers (⭐599) - Racing/RPG hybrid made open-source by its creators, written in C++.
- DXX-Rebirth (⭐414) - Source port of the Descent and Descent 2 Engines for Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Librelancer (⭐453) - Reimplementation of the 2003 space game Freelancer.
- CorsixTH (⭐2.8k) - Clone of Theme Hospital with support for modern operating systems, high resolutions and much more.
- Cortex Command Community Project Source (⭐193) - Community-driven effort to continue the development of Cortex Command.
- Jagged Alliance Stracciatella (⭐412) - Makes Jagged Alliance 2 available on a wide range of platforms.
- KaM Remake (⭐333) - RTS game remake of Knights and Merchants written in Delphi from scratch.
- OpenApocalypse (⭐454) - Rebuild of the X-COM: Apocalypse engine.
- openblack (⭐771) - Reimplementation of Black & White.
- OpenDUNE (⭐1.5k) - Recreation of the popular game Dune II.
- Open Fodder (⭐407) - Open-source implementation of Cannon Fodder.
- Open Panzer (⭐141) - HTML5 Panzer General 2.
- OpenRA (⭐13k) - Implementation of the Red Alert engine using .NET/mono and OpenGL. Runs on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- OpenRCT2 (⭐12k) - Recreation of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.
- OpenSAGE (⭐1.2k) - C# reimplementation of SAGE, the game engine used by a bunch of EA Pacific games, including Command & Conquer: Generals and Battle for Middle Earth.
- OpenSC2K (⭐4.9k) - Remake of SimCity 2000 by Maxis.
- OpenXcom (⭐1.7k) - Clone of UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM: Terror From the Deep.
- OutpostHD (⭐81) - Remake of Sierra On-Line's Outpost.
- Race into Space (⭐153) - Version of Interplay's Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space.
- Return To The Roots (⭐439) - Settlers II remake written in C++.
- Warcraft Remake (⭐124) - Java remake of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
- Warzone 2100 (⭐2.8k) - Free and open-source real time strategy game.
Mar 10, 2020
- MafiaUnity (⭐256) - Open-source Mafia game framework.
- OpenMB (⭐102) - Role-playing game engine for Taleworlds' Mount&Blade Series.
- engge (⭐143) - Experimental game engine for Thimbleweed Park.
- ResidualVM (⭐389) - Game engine reimplementation that allows you to play 3D adventure games such as Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island.
- Barbarian - Open-source clone of Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior.
- Mr.Boom (⭐189) - 8 player Bomberman clone for RetroArch/Libretro.
- OpenClonk (⭐292) - Multiplayer action game where you control small and nimble humanoids.
- CatacombGL (⭐124) - Windows source port of Catacomb 3D and the Catacomb Adventure series.
- DoomRetro (⭐577) - Classic, refined DOOM source port for Windows PC.
- DukeGDX - Duke Nukem 3D port.
- ezQuake (⭐245) - Combining the features of all modern QuakeWorld clients, ezQuake makes QuakeWorld easier to start and play.
- GZDoom (⭐2k) - Modder-friendly OpenGL and Vulkan source port based on the DOOM engine.
- ioquake3 (⭐2.2k) - The free software FPS engine that can be used to play Quake 3, or make your own game.
- QuakeSpasm - A modern, cross-platform Quake game engine.
- Yamagi Quake II (⭐748) - Enhanced client for id Software's Quake II with focus on offline and coop gameplay.
- Arx Libertatis (⭐843) - Cross-platform port of Arx Fatalis, a first-person role-playing game.
- Barony (⭐411) - Open source release of Barony.
- BtBuilder (⭐36) - An open source implementation of the Bard's Tale Construction Set.
- Daggerfall Unity (⭐1.9k) - Recreation of Daggerfall in the Unity engine.
- Devilution (⭐8.6k) - Reconstructed form of Diablo's original source code.
- DevilutionX (⭐7.1k) - Diablo build for modern operating systems.
- Exult (⭐427) - Project to recreate Ultima 7 for modern operating systems.
- Falltergeist (⭐835) - Crossplatform Fallout 2 game engine writen in C++ and SDL.
- FreeFT (⭐151) - Real-time, isometric action game engine inspired by Fallout Tactics.
- OpenDiablo2 (⭐11k) - Open source re-implementation of Diablo 2.
- OpenMW (⭐4.8k) - Reimplementation of the Morrowind game engine.
- OpenVIII (⭐601) - Final Fantasy VIII engine implementation in C#.
- REGoth (⭐417) - An open source reimplementation of zEngine the engine behind Gothic and Gothic II.
- Riiablo (⭐738) - Diablo II remade using Java and LibGDX.
- Shockolate (⭐767) - Same great System Shock, new great taste.
- Commander Genius - Modern Interpreter for the Commander Keen Games.
- NXEngine-evo (⭐438) - Rewrite of the masterpiece jump-and-run platformer Doukutsu Monogatari (also known as Cave Story).
- SDLPoP (⭐1k) - Port of Prince of Persia, based on the disassembly of the DOS version.
- VVVVV (⭐6.6k) - The source code to VVVVVV.
- DreeRally (⭐69) - Death Rally engine reimplementation.
- OpenNFS (⭐484) - Attempt to recreate the classic Need for Speed Games (1-6).
- FS2Open (⭐355) - FreeSpace2 Source Code Project.
- Antares (⭐95) - Remake of Ares, a tactical space combat game.
- CivOne (⭐230) - Implementation of Sid Meier's Civilization.
- FreeCol - Turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization.
- Julius (⭐2.4k) - Reimplementation of Caesar III.
- KeeperRL (⭐722) - Roguelike dungeon builder inspired by Dwarf Fortress.
- openage (⭐12k) - Clone of the Age of Empires II engine.
- OpenHoW (⭐165) - Recreation of Gremlin's Hogs of War.
- OpenLoco (⭐1k) - Reimplementation of Chris Sawyer's Locomotion.
- OpenTTD (⭐5.3k) - OpenTTD is a transport simulation game based upon the popular game Transport Tycoon Deluxe, written by Chris Sawyer.
- Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries (⭐244) - GPL release of the Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries.
- Sourcehold (⭐233) - Implementation of Stronghold by Firefly Studios.
- VCMI (⭐3.4k) - Engine for Heroes of Might and Magic III.
- Wargus (⭐304) - Warcraft 2 Mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
- Zed Online - Remake of the 1996 classic game Z.