Awesome List Updates on Jun 28 - Jul 04, 2021
52 awesome lists updated this week.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Awesome List
- MDBootstrap (⭐38) - Templates, layouts, components, and widgets to rapidly build websites.
2. Awesome Algorithms
Github Libraries / Randomized Algorithms
3. Awesome Falsehood
- URLs: It's complicated… - There's a lot of components in an URL, and all have their own logic.
4. Awesome Iam
Multi-factor auth / Identifiers
- 2FA is missing a key feature - “When my 2FA code is entered incorrectly I'd like to know about it”.
UX/UI / GDPR
- 11 Tips for Better Signup / Login UX - Some basic tips on the login form.
5. Awesome Engineering Team Management
Engineering to Management Transition
- Mistakes I've Made as an Engineering Manager - Mistakes: “1) Thinking people give feedback the way they want to receive it; 2) Trying to do everything yourself; 3) Communicating something one time is enough; 4) You have to have everything together all the time.”
Roles / CTO & VP of Engineering
- Hiring a VP of Engineering? Use This Framework - “How do I hire a VP of Engineering? After more than 20 years, eight companies, and thousands of hires, I'm starting to suspect this may be the wrong question. A better one is, *What is a VP of Engineering?*”
Roles / Engineers
- 10 Admirable Attributes of a Great Technical Lead - “They are smart yet kind. Knowledgeable, yet humble. Busy, yet approachable.”
Roles / Consultants
- The Prosperous Software Consultant - This article let you understand how an independent consultant operates.
Recruitment / Interview
- The Intangible Skills You Can't Interview For - “1) Cut-Through on Crappy Tasks; 2) Knowing How to Finish; 3) Knowing How to Start; 4) Giving (And Receiving) Diagonal Feedback; 5) Harnessing the Value of Intangibles.”
Cognitive Tools / Collections
- Gigerenzer's simple rules - The reason we often relies on these simple heuristics: “outside the lab, in real world, we cannot do well with just with logical rationality, we need ecological rationality - the kind of thinking that helps us get what we want in an environment that's uncertain and dynamic. This means exercising our instincts, using simple but robust rules of thumb.”
Engineering / The Technical Engineering Manager
- If Your Boss Could Do Your Job, You're More Likely to Be Happy at Work - “Although we found that many factors can matter for happiness at work – type of occupation, level of education, tenure, and industry are also significant, for instance – they don't even come close to mattering as much as the boss' technical competence.”
Project Management / Product Marketing
- Developers can't fix bad management - “Why do so many software projects fail? Software development is much closer to creating a new factory than running an existing factory. (…) Software development is made up of many unknown duration tasks, this fundamentally unpredictable nature makes traditional management's predictive planning techniques particularly unsuited for software projects.”
Re-organizations / Company-level
- A high-resilience org chart - “If you know what problem you're solving and you know how to solve it, a bureaucratic organization will do. Stick with what you know. If you're writing software, that's a generative activity. You need a high-resilience org chart. Fewer boxes, more flexibility.”
6. Awesome Billing
Finance / Currencies
- What is FinOps - A framework for tech finance and business leadership teams to share the same language and processes of cloud operations and management.
Taxes / Currencies
- Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board - A multi-states US initiative to automate and standadize sales tax accounting and collection.
7. Awesome Django
Third-Party Packages / Admin
- django-jet-reboot (⭐311) - Django Jet is modern template for Django admin interface with improved functionality.
8. Awesome Swift
- The Composable Architecture (⭐9.8k) - A library for building applications in a consistent and understandable way, with composition, testing, and ergonomics in mind.
Images / Barcode
- FaceCrop (⭐45) - Detect and center faces in your images using Apple’s Vision Framework.
- SwiftDraw (⭐207) - Library that converts SVG images to UIImage, NSImage and generates CoreGraphics source code.
SOAP / Barcode
- SOAPEngine (⭐480) - Generic SOAP client to access SOAP Web Services using iOS, Mac OS X, and Apple TV.
9. Awesome Ros2
Packages / RMW (ROS middleware)
Courses / Build system (ROS2)
10. Awesome Selfhosted
Software / Automation
Software / Blogging Platforms
- Serendipity - Serendipity (s9y) is a highly extensible and customizable PHP blog engine using Smarty templating. (Source Code (⭐191))
Software / Communication - Email - Complete Solutions
Software / Communication - Social Networks and Forums
Software / Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- teikei (⭐50) - A web application that maps out community-supported agriculture based on crowdsourced data. (Demo)
Software / Feed Readers
- newsdash (⭐53) - A news dashboard inspired by iGoogle and Netvibes.
Software / Games
- The Battle for Wesnoth (⭐4.7k) - The Battle for Wesnoth is an Open Source, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both singleplayer and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.
- Zero-K - Open Source on Springrts engine. Zero-K is a traditional real time strategy game with a focus on player creativity through terrain manipulation, physics, and a large roster of unique units - all while being balanced to support competitive play. (Source Code (⭐589))
Software / Internet of Things (IoT)
- WebThings Gateway - WebThings is an open source implementation of the Web of Things, including the WebThings Gateway and the WebThings Framework. (Source Code (⭐2.6k))
Software / Maps and Global Positioning System (GPS)
- OpenTripPlanner - Multimodal trip planning software based on OpenStreetMap data and consuming published GTFS-formatted data to suggest routes using local public transit systems. (Source Code (⭐2k))
Software / Miscellaneous
- CyberChef (⭐23k) - Perform all manner of operations within a web browser such as AES, DES and Blowfish encryption and decryption, creating hexdumps, calculating hashes, and much more. (Demo)
- revealjs - Framework for easily creating beautiful presentations using HTML. (Demo, Source Code (⭐65k))
Software / Note-taking & Editors
- draw.io - Diagram software for making flowcharts, process diagrams, org charts, UML, ER and network diagrams. (Source Code (⭐36k))
Software / Photo and Video Galleries
- HomeGallery - Self-hosted open-source web gallery to browse personal photos and videos featuring tagging, mobile-friendly, and AI powered image discovery. (Demo, Source Code (⭐540))
Software / Proxy
- socks5-proxy-server (⭐61) - SOCKS5 proxy server with built-in authentication and Telegram-bot for user management and user statistics on data spent (handy when you pay per GB of data). It is dockerised and simple to install.
11. Engineering Blogs
Companies / C companies
- Credit Karma https://engineering.creditkarma.com/
12. Awesome Slack
- SaaS Community - Community for SaaS product builders, to discuss the challenges involved.
13. Awesome Interview Questions
Programming Languages/Frameworks/Platforms / Spark
- Carefully Curated 70 Spark Questions with Additional Optimization Guides (First in the series) (⭐542)
14. Free for Dev
- Squidex - Offers free tier for small projects. API / GraphQL first. Open source and based on event sourcing (versing every change automatically).
- Mailtie.com - Free Email Forwarding for Your Domain. You don't need to register. Free Forever.
- Formsubmit.co — Easy form endpoints for your HTML forms. Free Forever. No registration is required.
IDE and Code Editing
- Replit — A cloud coding environment for various program languages.
Visitor Session Recording
- Microsoft Clarity - Session recording completely free with "no traffic limits", no project limits, and no sampling
15. Awesome Ripple
16. Awesome Software Patreons
Open Source Projects / Games
- Eigengrau's Generator - TTRPG/Dungeons and Dragons Town and NPC Generator.
17. Awesome Rust
Applications / Cryptocurrencies
- Solana (⭐11k) — Incredibly fast, highly scalable blockchain using Proof-of-History.
18. Awesome Naming
- Magic - A magic program/piece of code is doing it's job but nobody knows how. Like in reality, magic doesn't actually exist. Once you understand it, it's not magic anymore.
19. Awesome Cakephp
- 🍰 CakeDC/Enum plugin (⭐26) - A plugin to add enumeration list support to your app.
Graphics / Assets/Placeholders
- 🆓 Poly Pizza - 6000+ free low poly models
21. Awesome Playcanvas
- Bubble Tower 3D - Old school bubbleshooter game.
- Bus Parking 3D - Park the bus in the designated space before the timer runs out.
- Cannon Balls 3D - Use the cannon to destroy the various structures in this physics-based game.
- Curve Ball 3D - 3D pong game.
- Euro Penalty Cup 2021 - Try to hit the goal and outsmart the goalkeeper.
- Garden Bloom - Garden themed 2D match 3 game.
- Garden Match 3D - 3D match 3 game.
- Hoop Royale - Maneuver the ring around the ball.
- Mahjong World - 3D Mahjong puzzle game.
- Om Nom Run - Endless runner.
- Slice Rush - Take the knife and chop your way through the kitchen.
- Stack Smash - Destroy all platforms to get to the ground and win.
- TNT Bomb - Destroy buildings and structures with explosive power ups.
22. Awesome Uncopyright
- 3DModelsCC0 - Library of public domain 3D models.
23. Awesome React Components
i18n / Mouse Events
- react-localized (⭐9) - Internationalization for React components based on
24. Awesome Dotnet Core
Frameworks, Libraries and Tools / Misc
- Downloader (⭐967) - Downloader is a modern, fluent, asynchronous, testable and portable library for .NET. This is a multipart downloader with asynchronous progress events.
25. Awesome Quant
Python / Risk Analysis
- risktools (⭐20) - Risk tools for use within the crude and crude products trading space with partial implementation of R's PerformanceAnalytics.
26. Awesome Eslint
Plugins / Code Quality
- SonarJS (⭐968) - Rules detecting bugs and suspicious patterns.
27. Awesome Electron
Open Source / Other
- Heroic Games Launcher (⭐6.2k) - Alternative Epic games launcher.
For Electron / Other
- UpdateRocks! - Auto-update service. Free for open source projects.
28. Awesome Audiovisual
Management / ArtNet Libraries
- Rentman - Cloud rental software for AV & Event companies. Resource planning, scheduling and more.
⚠ not free
29. Awesome Machine Learning
C++ / General-Purpose Machine Learning
- Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library (⭐570) - A high performance software library developed by Intel and optimized for Intel's architectures. Library provides algorithmic building blocks for all stages of data analytics and allows to process data in batch, online and distributed modes.
- Heroes Wear Masks - A fun TensorFlow.js-based oracle that tells, whether one wears a face mask or not. It can even tell when one wears the mask incorrectly.
30. Awesome Testing
Software / Make your life easier
- Requestly - A lightweight proxy as a browser extension & desktop app to intercept & modify network requests. You can Modify Headers, Redirect Url, Mock API response, Delay/Throttle requests, etc.
31. Web Development Resources
Coding Challenge Platforms:
- Website: https://www.codementor.io/projects
32. Awesome Postgres
Contents / GUI
- DbGate - The Smartest (no)SQL Database Client
33. Awesome Vlc
- HLS Record tutorial - How to record an HLS stream with LibVLCSharp and .NET Core.
- RTSP mosaic tutorial - Cross-platform RTSP Mosaic views with LibVLCSharp.
- MediaElement tutorial - VLC Media Player control in Xamarin Forms.
- Stack Overflow - LibVLC - LibVLC on Stack Overflow.
- Stack Overflow - VLC - VLC on Stack Overflow.
- Mailing Lists - VideoLAN developer mailing lists.
- IRC - The VideoLAN IRC information.
- Forum - The official VideoLAN forum.
- LibVLC Discord - The official LibVLC Community Discord Server.
- Twitter - The official VideoLAN Twitter account.
- Reddit - Unofficial VLC community on Reddit.
34. Awesome Vite
Framework-agnostic Plugins / Integrations
- vite-plugin-linter - Extensible linter framework that shows the linting output in the Vite output and the browser console, includes ESLint & TypeScript ootb.
Framework-agnostic Plugins / Helpers
- vite-plugin-mock-server (⭐37) - Mock server plugin, support using TS and JS to write Mock API and HMR.
35. Public Apis
Description: IP Address API
Description: A free CDN for developers
API: AI For Thai
Description: Free Various Thai AI API
Description: Generates and list user data
36. Awesome Blazor
- Blazor Hero (⭐3.3k) - - Clean Architecture Solution Template for Blazor WebAssembly built with MudBlazor Components. This project will make your Blazor Learning Process much easier than you anticipate. Blazor Hero is meant to be an Enterprise Level Boilerplate, which comes free of cost, completely open sourced. Read the Quick Start Guide here.
Rapid Development Framework
- WalkingTec.Mvvm (WTM) (⭐3.9k) - A development framework based on .NET Core and EF. It supports Blazor, Vue, React and LayUI with one click code generation for CRUD, Import/Export, etc. Website.
- Radzen.Blazor (⭐2.8k) - Native UI components for Blazor. DataGrid, DataList, Tabs, Dialog and more. (Demo).
- Blazority (⭐91) - Blazor component library based on the Clarity UI design. 30+ components including Datagrid and Tree-view (Docs & Demos).
- Start Blazoring - A Blazor starter template built using your choice of Blazorise or MudBlazor, with more UI library integration coming. It offers a myriad of features such as user registration, login, password reset, two factor; user management, roles, permissioning; background workers, logging, caching, email templates, localization and many more.
- Blazor.Ionic (⭐39) - Ionic framework integration for Blazor.
Individual components / API
Individual components / Datagrids / tables
- BlazorGrid (⭐71) - Virtualized data grid component with lean markup, focused on displaying remote data. (Demo & documentation).
Individual components / Date & time
- Toast_UI.Blazor_Calendar (⭐45) - A fully featured calendar UI component for viewing and creating events, tasks, and milestones. Month, week, and daily views. Blazor Calendar wraps the fully featured Toast UI Calendar JS library. MIT License. Sample project (⭐45).
Individual components / Others
- BlazorLocalizationSample (⭐13) The default project template localized using XLocalizer (⭐120) with online translation and auto resource creating.
- TimeCalc (⭐1) - An app to help keep track of speed cubing averages on the fly using Blazor WebAssembly. Demo.
- BlazorTimeline (⭐63) - Responsive, vertical timeline component.
Tools & Utilities / Others
- WebBluetooth (⭐3) - Blazor service for the experimental WebBluetooth functions. Based on Blazm.Bluetooth (⭐75).
Tooling / Others
- Publish SPA for GitHub Pages (⭐47) - Add this NuGet package to your Blazor WebAssembly project to easily publish it to GitHub Pages.
37. Awesome Python Typing
38. Awesome Clojure
39. Awesome Hacking Locations
Spain 🇪🇸 / Oviedo
Cafe with lots of free tables (most of which have a power socket nearby) since most people only come for takeaway. Staff mostly speaks a little English, enough to communicate. Fairly loud, bring a headset, not ideal for meeting heavy days.
|✔||✔||C. de Rocafort, 35, 08015 Barcelona||Mo-Su 06:00-22:00|
40. Awesome Seed Rs
41. Awesome Vue
Components & Libraries / UI Components
- vue-feather-icons (⭐590) - Simply beautiful open source icons as Vue functional components.
- vue-feather (⭐141) - Feather icons component for Vue 3.
42. Awesome Vala
Libraries / GUI Programming
- GTK - The de facto library for GUI development in Vala. Bindings are included with the vala compiler.
43. Awesome Vscode
HLSL / More
- HLSL Tools - provides rich language support for editing HLSL files in VS Code
TypeScript / More
- tslint (deprecated) - TSLint for Visual Studio Code.
Linters / More
- Code Spell Checker - Spelling Checker for Visual Studio Code (English). Also supports other languages via external extensions.
Documentation / Gradle Tasks
44. Awesome Cpp
- MiLi (⭐18) - Minimal headers-only C++ Library. [Boost]
- Magick++ - ImageMagick program interfaces for C++. [Apache2]
- MagickWnd - ImageMagick program interfaces for C. [Apache2]
- Easylogging++ (⭐3.5k) - Extremely light-weight high performance logging library for C++11 (or higher) applications. [MIT]
- xtensor (⭐3k) - A C++14 library for numerical analysis with multi-dimensional array expressions, inspired by NumPy syntax. [BSD 3-clause] website
- clReflect (⭐241) - C++ Reflection using clang. [MIT]
- Microsoft Visual C++ - MSVC, developed by Microsoft.
45. Awesome PICO 8
Contents / Tools
- yap8b (⭐0) - Build tool for creating pico carts from multiple source files.
46. Awesome Php
Configuration / Development Environment
- Docker PHP Extension Installer (⭐2.6k) - Easily install PHP extensions in Docker containers.
47. Alternative Front Ends
Overview / Reddit
- Snew (⭐90): Open-source client for Reddit forked from the Reddit source code
Related projects / Other services
- Pluja's Awesome Privacy (⭐9.3k): A curated list of services and alternatives that respect your privacy because privacy matters.
48. Awesome Embedded Rust
Board support crates / Nordic
Driver crates / WIP
- IST7920 - SPI monochrome LCD display -
49. Awesome Crystal
- meet (⭐36) - Start a jitsi meeting quickly from the comfort of your command line
- simple_rpc (⭐63) - RPC Server and Client for Crystal. Implements msgpack-rpc protocol
- tmdb.cr (⭐3) - The Movie DB (TMDb) api wrapper
50. Awesome Keycloak
51. Awesome Ava
52. Awesome Robotic Tooling
Datasets / Sensor and Acuator Interfaces
- ONCE dataset - A large-scale autonomous driving dataset with 2D&3D object annotations.