Track Awesome Docker Updates Daily
:whale: A curated list of Docker resources and projects
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor · 😺 veggiemonk/awesome-docker · ⭐ 24K · 🏷️ Back-End Development
[ Daily / Weekly / Overview ]
Jan 23, 2023
Monitoring Services / Other
- Docker Certification 💲 will help you to will Learn Docker containerization, running Docker containers, Image creation, Dockerfile, Docker orchestration, security best practices, and more through hands-on projects and case studies and helps to clear Docker Certified Associate.
Jan 20, 2023
Registry / Other
- Dragonfly (⭐968) - Provide efficient, stable and secure file distribution and image acceleration based on p2p technology.
Jan 05, 2023
- Sysdig Secure 💲 - Sysdig Secure addresses run-time security through behavioral monitoring and defense, and provides deep forensics based on open source Sysdig for incident response.
Jan 04, 2023
Security / Other
Nov 26, 2022
Development Environment / Other
Nov 18, 2022
CI/CD / Other
- Depot 💲 - Build Docker images fast, in the cloud. Blazing fast compute, automatic intelligent caching, and zero configuration. Done in seconds.
Nov 05, 2022
- Grafana Docker Dashboard Template - A template for your Docker, Grafana and Prometheus stack @vegasbrianc
Builder / Other
- packer - Hashicorp tool to build machine images including docker image integrated with configuration management tools like chef, puppet, ansible
Registry / Other
- Azure Container Registry 💲 - Manage a Docker private registry as a first-class Azure resource
Wrappers / Other
CaaS / Other
- Azure AKS 💲 - Simplify Kubernetes management, deployment, and operations. Use a fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service.
Nov 02, 2022
Development Environment / Other
- DockerDL (⭐15) - Deep Learning Docker Images. Don't waste time setting up a deep learning env when you can get a deep learning environment with everything pre-installed.
Oct 30, 2022
- HertzBeat (⭐2.3k) - An open-source real-time monitoring system with custom-monitor and agentless.
Oct 19, 2022
- box (⭐235) 💀 - Build Dockerfile images with a mruby DSL, includes flattening and layer manipulation
Oct 10, 2022
- Sidekick (⭐1.6k) 💲 - Open source live application debugger like Chrome DevTools for your backend. Collect traces and generate logs on-demand without stopping & redeploying your applications.
Volume Management / Data
- Docker Volume Backup (⭐740) Backup Docker volumes locally or to any S3 compatible storage. By @offen
Sep 28, 2022
- Calico (⭐4.2k) - Calico is a pure layer 3 virtual network that allows containers over multiple docker-hosts to talk to each other.
Sep 22, 2022
- Checkov (⭐5.1k) - Static analysis for infrastructure as code manifests (Terraform, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, Helm, Dockerfile, Kustomize) find security misconfiguration and fix them. By @bridgecrew
Sep 11, 2022
Terminal / CLI tools
Aug 26, 2022
Monitoring Services / Other
- Discover Docker courses - Easily discover Docker courses from various popular online learning platforms.
Aug 02, 2022
Jul 20, 2022
Volume Management / Data
- Convoy (⭐1.3k) 💀 - an open-source Docker volume driver that can snapshot, backup and restore Docker volumes anywhere. By @rancher
Jul 16, 2022
Terminal / Terminal UI
- docui (⭐2.3k) - 💀 An interactive shell UI for managing Docker containers. Also works in Windows. By @skanehira
Jul 13, 2022
- bocker (⭐133) (2) 💀 - Write Dockerfile completely in Bash. Extensible and simple. --> Reusable by @icy
- Composerize (⭐2k) - Convert docker run commands into docker-compose files
- crowdr (⭐90) - Tool for managing multiple Docker containers (
docker-composealternative) by @polonskiy
- docker-compose-graphviz (⭐47) 💀 - Turn a docker-compose.yml files into Graphviz .dot files by @abesto
- docker-config-update (⭐40) - Utility to update docker configs and secrets for deploying in a compose file by @sudo-bmitch
- elsy (⭐75) - An opinionated, multi-language, build tool based on Docker and Docker Compose
- kompose (⭐8.2k) - Go from Docker Compose to Kubernetes
- Maestro (⭐619) 💀 - Maestro provides the ability to easily launch, orchestrate and manage multiple Docker containers as single unit by @tascanini
- plash (⭐365) - A container run and build engine - runs inside docker.
- rocker-compose (⭐408) 💀 - Docker composition tool with idempotency features for deploying apps composed of multiple containers. By@grammarly.
- rocker (⭐1.3k) 💀 - Extended Dockerfile builder. Supports multiple FROMs, MOUNTS, templates, etc. by @grammarly.
- Smalte (⭐28) – Dynamically configure applications that require static configuration in docker container. By @roquie
- Stacker (⭐63) 💀 - Docker Compose Templates. Stacker provides an abstraction layer over Docker Compose and a better DX (developer experience).
- Stitchocker (⭐13) - A lightweight and fast command line utility for conveniently grouping your docker-compose multiple container services. By @alexaandrov
- Zodiac (⭐195) 💀 - A lightweight tool for easy deployment and rollback of dockerized applications. By @CenturyLinkLabs
Deployment and Infrastructure
- awesome-stacks (⭐502) - Deploy 80+ open-source web apps with one Docker command
- BosnD - BosnD, the boatswain daemon - A dynamic configuration file writer & service reloader for dynamically changing container environments.
- Centurion (⭐1.7k) - Centurion is a mass deployment tool for Docker fleets. It takes containers from a Docker registry and runs them on a fleet of hosts with the correct environment variables, host volume mappings, and port mappings. By @newrelic
- Clocker (⭐425) - Clocker creates and manages a Docker cloud infrastructure. Clocker supports single-click deployments and runtime management of multi-node applications that run as containers distributed across multiple hosts, on both Docker and Marathon. It leverages Calico (⭐4.2k) and Weave (⭐6.4k) for networking and Brooklyn for application blueprints. By @brooklyncentral
- depcon (⭐91) - Depcon is written in Go and allows you to easily deploy Docker containers to Apache Mesos/Marathon, Amazon ECS and Kubernetes. By @ContainX
- deploy (⭐54) 💀 - Git and Docker deployment tool. A middle ground between simple Docker composition tools and full blown cluster orchestration by @ttiny
- gitkube (⭐3.7k) - Gitkube is a tool for building and deploying docker images on Kubernetes using
git push. By @Hasura.
- Grafeas (⭐1.4k) - A common API for metadata about containers, from image and build details to security vulnerabilities. By grafeas
- Longshoreman (⭐423) 💀 - Longshoreman automates application deployment using Docker. Just create a Docker repository (or use a service), configure the cluster using AWS or Digital Ocean (or whatever you like) and deploy applications using a Heroku-like CLI tool. By longshoreman
- SwarmManagement (⭐5) - Swarm Management is a python application, installed with pip. The application makes it easy to manage a Docker Swarm by configuring a single yaml file describing which stacks to deploy, and which networks, configs or secrets to create.
- werf (⭐3.5k) - werf is a CI/CD tool for building Docker images efficiently and deploying them to Kubernetes using GitOps by @flant
- Autoheal (⭐795) - Monitor and restart unhealthy docker containers automatically.
- Axibase Collector (⭐4) - Axibase Collector streams performance counters, configuration changes and lifecycle events from the Docker engine(s) into Axibase Time Series Database for roll-up dashboards and integration with upstream monitoring systems.
- cAdvisor (⭐14k) - Analyzes resource usage and performance characteristics of running containers. Created by @Google
- Docker-Alertd (⭐96) - Monitor and send alerts based on docker container resource usage/statistics
- Docker-Flow-Monitor (⭐76) - Reconfigures Prometheus when a new service is updated or deployed automatically by @docker-flow
- Dockerana (⭐202) 💀 - packaged version of Graphite and Grafana, specifically targeted at metrics from Docker.
- DockProc - I/O monitoring for containers on processlevel.
- dockprom (⭐5.2k) - Docker hosts and containers monitoring with Prometheus, Grafana, cAdvisor, NodeExporter and AlertManager by @stefanprodan
- Doku (⭐109) - Doku is a simple web-based application that allows you to monitor Docker disk usage. @amerkurev
- Dynatrace 💲 - Monitor containerized applications without installing agents or modifying your Run commands
- Glances (⭐22k) - A cross-platform curses-based system monitoring tool written in Python by @nicolargo
- InfluxDB, cAdvisor, Grafana (⭐462) - InfluxDB Time series DB in combination with Grafana and cAdvisor by @vegasbrianc
- LogJam (⭐134) - Logjam is a log forwarder designed to listen on a local port, receive log entries over UDP, and forward these messages on to a log collection server (such as logstash) by @gocardless
- monit-docker (⭐25) - Monitor docker containers resources usage or status and execute docker commands or inside containers. [@decryptus][decryptus]
- NexClipper (⭐556) - NexClipper is the container monitoring and performance management solution specialized in Docker, Apache Mesos, Marathon, DC/OS, Mesosphere, Kubernetes by @Nexclipper
- Out-of-the-box Host/Container Monitoring/Logging/Alerting Stack (⭐507) - Docker host and container monitoring, logging and alerting out of the box using cAdvisor, Prometheus, Grafana for monitoring, Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash for logging and elastalert and Alertmanager for alerting. Set up in 5 Minutes. Secure mode for production use with built-in Automated Nginx Reverse Proxy (jwilder's) (⭐17k).
- SuperVisor CPM Frontend Service (⭐15) and Driver Service (⭐6) 🚧 - A simple and accessible FOSS container performance monitoring service written in Python by @t0xic0der
- SwarmAlert (⭐15) - Monitors a Docker Swarm and sends Pushover alerts when it finds a container with no healthy service task running.
- Zabbix Docker module (⭐1.2k) - Zabbix module that provides discovery of running containers, CPU/memory/blk IO/net container metrics. Systemd Docker and LXC execution driver is also supported. It's a dynamically linked shared object library, so its performance is (~10x) better, than any script solution.
- Zabbix Docker (⭐47) - Monitor containers automatically using zabbix LLD feature.
- Flannel (⭐7.7k) - Flannel is a virtual network that gives a subnet to each host for use with container runtimes. By @coreos
- Freeflow (⭐539) - High performance container overlay networks on Linux. Enabling RDMA (on both InfiniBand and RoCE) and accelerating TCP to bare metal performance. By @Microsoft
- netshoot (⭐5.6k) - The netshoot container has a powerful set of networking tools to help troubleshoot Docker networking issues by @nicolaka
- Pipework (⭐4.1k) - Software-Defined Networking for Linux Containers, Pipework works with "plain" LXC containers, and with the awesome Docker. By @jpetazzo
- Weave (⭐6.4k) (The Docker network) - Weave creates a virtual network that connects Docker containers deployed across multiple hosts.
- athena (⭐87) - An automation platform with a plugin architecture that allows you to easily create and share services.
- blimp (⭐22) 💀 - Uses Docker Machine to easily move a container from one Docker host to another, show containers running against all of your hosts, replicate a container across multiple hosts and more by @defermat and @schvin
- CloudSlang (⭐224) - CloudSlang is a workflow engine to create Docker process automation
- clusterdock (⭐27) - Docker container orchestration to enable the testing of long-running cluster deployments
- Docker Flow Swarm Listener (⭐64) - Docker Flow Swarm Listener project is to listen to Docker Swarm events and send requests when a change occurs. By @docker-flow
- gantryd (⭐267) 💀 - A framework for easy management of docker-based components across machines by @DevTable
- Haven (⭐255) - Haven is a simplified container management platform that integrates container, application, cluster, image, and registry managements. By @codeabovelab
- Helios (⭐2.1k) 💀 - A simple platform for deploying and managing containers across an entire fleet of servers by @spotify
- Kontena (⭐1.5k) 💀 - The developer friendly container and micro services platform. Works on any cloud, easy to setup, simple to use.
- Kubernetes (⭐95k) - Open source orchestration system for Docker containers by Google
- Mantl (⭐3k) - Mantl is a modern platform for rapidly deploying globally distributed services
- Marathon (⭐4k) - Marathon is a private PaaS built on Mesos. It automatically handles hardware or software failures and ensures that an app is "always on"
- Nebula - A Docker orchestration tool designed to manage massive scale distributed clusters.
- Nomad (⭐13k) - Easily deploy applications at any scale. A Distributed, Highly Available, Datacenter-Aware Scheduler by @hashicorp
- Panamax (⭐1.4k) 💀 - An open-source project that makes deploying complex containerized apps as easy as Drag-and-Drop by @CenturyLinkLabs.
- Rancher (⭐20k) - An open source project that provides a complete platform for operating Docker in production by @rancher.
- RedHerd Framework (⭐53) - RedHerd is a collaborative and serverless framework for orchestrating a geographically distributed group of assets capable of simulating complex offensive cyberspace operations. By @RedHerdProject.
- Atlantis (⭐387) 💀 - Atlantis is an Open Source PaaS for HTTP applications built on Docker and written in Go
- caprover (⭐9.8k) - [previously known as CaptainDuckDuck] Automated Scalable Webserver Package (automated Docker+nginx) - Heroku on Steroids
- Convox Rack (⭐1.9k) - Convox Rack is open source PaaS built on top of expert infrastructure automation and devops best practices.
- Dcw (⭐15) - Docker-compose SSH wrapper: a very poor man PaaS, exposing the docker-compose and custom-container commands defined in container labels.
- Dokku (⭐24k) - Docker powered mini-Heroku that helps you build and manage the lifecycle of applications (originally by @progrium)
- Empire (⭐2.7k) - A PaaS built on top of Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS)
- Exoframe (⭐1k) - A self-hosted tool that allows simple one-command deployments using Docker
- Flynn (⭐7.9k) 💀 - A next generation open source platform as a service
- Hephy Workflow (⭐390) - Open source PaaS for Kubernetes that adds a developer-friendly layer to any Kubernetes cluster, making it easy to deploy and manage applications. Fork of Deis Workflow (⭐1.3k)
- Krane (⭐75) - Toolset for managing container workloads on remote servers
- Nanobox (⭐1.6k) 💲 - An application development platform that creates local environments that can then be deployed and scaled in the cloud.
- OpenShift - An open source PaaS built on Kubernetes and optimized for Dockerized app development and deployment by Red Hat
- Tsuru (⭐4.2k) - Tsuru is an extensible and open source Platform as a Service software
- Docker Dnsmasq Updater (⭐25) - Update a remote dnsmasq server with Docker container hostnames.
- docker-flow-proxy (⭐289) - Reconfigures proxy every time a new service is deployed, or when a service is scaled. By @docker-flow
- docker-proxy (⭐263) 💀 - Transparent proxy for docker containers, run in a docker container. By @silarsis
- fabio (⭐7.1k) - A fast, modern, zero-conf load balancing HTTP(S) router for deploying microservices managed by consul. By @magiconair (Frank Schroeder)
- h2o-proxy (⭐45) 💀 - Automated H2O reverse proxy for Docker containers. An alternative to jwilder/nginx-proxy (⭐17k) by @zchee
- Let's Encrypt Nginx-proxy Companion (⭐6.8k) - A lightweight companion container for the nginx-proxy. It allow the creation/renewal of Let's Encrypt certificates automatically. By @JrCs
- Nginx Proxy Manager (⭐11k) - A beautiful web interface for proxying web based services with SSL. By @jc21
- Swarm Router (⭐59) - A «zero config» service name based router for docker swarm mode with a fresh and more secure approach. By @flavioaiello
- Træfɪk (⭐41k) - Automated reverse proxy and load-balancer for Docker, Mesos, Consul, Etcd... By @EmileVauge
- aind (⭐1.5k) - AinD launches Android apps in Docker, by nesting Anbox containers inside Docker by @aind-containers
- cri-o (⭐4.4k) - Open Container Initiative-based implementation of Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface by cri-o
- lxc (⭐3.9k) - LXC - Linux Containers
- runtime-tools (⭐363) - oci-runtime-tool is a collection of tools for working with the OCI runtime specification by @opencontainers
- Anchor Engine (⭐356) - Analyze images for CVE vulnerabilities and against custom security policies by @Anchor
- Aqua Security 💲 - Securing container-based applications from Dev to Production on any platform
- CIS Docker Benchmark (⭐423) - This InSpec (⭐2.6k) compliance profile implement the CIS Docker 1.12.0 Benchmark in an automated way to provide security best-practice tests around Docker daemon and containers in a production environment. By @dev-sec
- Clair (⭐9.3k) - Clair is an open source project for the static analysis of vulnerabilities in appc and docker containers. By @coreos
- Dagda (⭐1k) - Dagda is a tool to perform static analysis of known vulnerabilities, trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats in docker images/containers and to monitor the docker daemon and running docker containers for detecting anomalous activities. By @eliasgranderubio
- Deepfence Enterprise 💲 - Full life cycle Cloud Native Workload Protection platform for kubernetes, virtual machines and serverless. By @deepfence
- Deepfence Threat Mapper (⭐2.7k) - Powerful runtime vulnerability scanner for kubernetes, virtual machines and serverless. By @deepfence
- docker-bench-security (⭐8.2k) - script that checks for dozens of common best-practices around deploying Docker containers in production. By @docker
- docker-lock (⭐396) - A cli-plugin for docker to automatically manage image digests by tracking them in a separate Lockfile. By @safe-waters
- KICS (⭐1.4k) - an infrastructure-as-code scanning tool, find security vulnerabilities, compliance issues, and infrastructure misconfigurations early in the development cycle. Can be extended for additional policies. By Checkmarx
- notary (⭐2.9k) - a server and a client for running and interacting with trusted collections. By @TUF
- oscap-docker (⭐1k) - OpenSCAP provides oscap-docker tool which is used to scan Docker containers and images. By OpenSCAP
- Prisma Cloud 💲 - (previously Twistlock Security Suite) detects vulnerabilities, hardens container images, and enforces security policies across the lifecycle of applications.
- Sysdig Falco (⭐5.5k) - Sysdig Falco is an open source container security monitor. It can monitor application, container, host, and network activity and alert on unauthorized activity.
- Trend Micro DeepSecurity 💲 - Trend Micro DeepSecurity offers runtime protection for container workloads and hosts as well as preruntime scanning of images to identify vulnerabilities, malware and content such as hardcoded secrets.
- Trivy (⭐16k) - Aqua Security's open source simple and comprehensive vulnerability scanner for containers (suitable for CI).
- etcd (⭐42k) - Distributed reliable key-value store for the most critical data of a distributed system by @etcd-io (former part of CoreOS)
- proxy (⭐50) 💀 - lightweight nginx based load balancer self using service discovery provided by registrator. by @factorish
Volume Management / Data
- Blockbridge (⭐89) 💲- The Blockbridge plugin is a volume plugin that provides access to an extensible set of container-based persistent storage options. It supports single and multi-host Docker environments with features that include tenant isolation, automated provisioning, encryption, secure deletion, snapshots and QoS. By @blockbridge
- Docker Machine NFS (⭐797) Activates NFS for an existing boot2docker box created through Docker Machine on OS X.
- Docker Unison (⭐168) A docker volume container using Unison for fast two-way folder sync. Created as an alternative to slow boot2docker volumes on OS X. By @leighmcculloch
- Local Persist (⭐786) Specify a mountpoint for your local volumes (created via
docker volume create) so that files will always persist and so you can mount to different directories in different containers.
- Minio (⭐37k) - S3 compatible object storage server in Docker containers
- portworx 💲 - Decentralized storage solution for persistent, shared and replicated volumes.
- quobyte 💲 - fully fault-tolerant distributed file system with a docker volume driver
- REX-Ray (⭐2.1k) provides a vendor agnostic storage orchestration engine. The primary design goal is to provide persistent storage for Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos. By@thecodeteam (DELL Technologies)
- Storidge (⭐0) 💲 - Software-defined Persistent Storage for Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- JetBrains IDEs (IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, WebStorm, CLion etc.) has built-in Docker plugin
- Eclipse Docker Tooling plugin
- Docker Desktop - Official native app. Only for Windows and MacOS
- DockStation (⭐2k) - A developer centric UI to configure, monitor, and manage services and containers @dock_station
- Lifeboat (⭐180) - An easy way to launch Docker projects with a graphical interface on your Mac. @jplhomer
- Stevedore (⭐233) - Good Docker Desktop replacement for Windows. Both Linux and Windows Containers are supported. @slonopotamus
Terminal / Terminal UI
- ctop (1) (⭐422) - 💀 A command line / text based Linux Containers monitoring tool that works just like you expect (Python) by @yadutaf
- DockSTARTer (⭐1.8k) - DockSTARTer helps you get started with home server apps running in Docker by GhostWriters
- lazydocker (⭐25k) - The lazier way to manage everything docker. A simple terminal UI for both docker and docker-compose, written in Go with the gocui library. By @jesseduffield
Terminal / CLI tools
- dcinja (⭐4) - The powerful and smallest binary size of template engine for docker command line environment. By @Falldog
- docker pushrm (⭐103) - A Docker CLI plugin that lets you push the README.md file from the current directory to Docker Hub. Also supports Quay and Harbor. By @christian-korneck
- proco (⭐88) - Proco will help you to organise and manage Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes projects of any complexity using simple YAML config files to shorten the route from finding your project to initialising it in your local environment. by @shiwaforce
- scuba (⭐72) - Transparently use Docker containers to encapsulate software build environments, by @JonathonReinhart
- skopeo (⭐5.6k) - Work with remote images registries - retrieving information, images, signing content by @containers
- supdock (⭐47) - Allows for slightly more visual usage of Docker with an interactive prompt. By @segersniels
Terminal / Other
- dext-docker-registry-plugin (⭐3) - Search the Docker Registry with the Dext smart launcher. By @vutran
- docker-ssh (⭐609) - SSH Server for Docker containers ~ Because every container should be accessible. By @jeroenpeeters
- MultiDocker (⭐40) - Create a secure multi-user Docker machine, where each user is segregated into an indepentent container.
- Powerline-Docker (⭐60) - A Powerline segment for showing the status of Docker containers by @adrianmo
Web / Other
- Admiral (⭐253) Admiral™ is a highly scalable and very lightweight Container Management platform for deploying and managing container based applications. By VMWare
- Docker Compose UI (⭐1.5k) - Manage docker-compose via HTTP. docker-compose-ui runs in a Docker container, mounts the hosts docker socket and exposes a RESTful API and AngularJS GUI
- docker-registry-web (⭐517) - Web UI, authentication service and event recorder for private docker registry v2 by @mkuchin
- docker-swarm-visualizer (⭐3.1k) - Visualizes Docker services on a Docker Swarm (for running demos).
- dockering-on-rails (⭐21) 💀 - Simple Web-Interface for Docker with a lot of features by @Electrofenster
- DockerSurfer (⭐5) 💀 - A web service for analyze and browse dependencies between Docker images in the Docker registry, by @Simone-Erba
- Kubevious (⭐1.4k) - A highly visual web UI for Kubernetes which renders configuration and state in an application centric way by @rubenhak.
- netdata (⭐62k) - Real-time performance monitoring
- OctoLinker (⭐5.1k) - A browser extension for GitHub that makes the image name in a
Dockerfileclickable and redirect you to the related Docker Hub page.
- Portainer (⭐24k) - A lightweight management UI for managing your Docker hosts or Docker Swarm clusters by @portainer
- Swarmpit (⭐2.5k) - Swarmpit provides simple and easy to use interface for your Docker Swarm cluster. You can manage your stacks, services, secrets, volumes, networks etc.
- Theia (⭐18k) - Extensible platform to develop full-fledged multi-language Cloud & Desktop IDE-like products with state-of-the-art web technologies.
- Yacht (⭐2.3k) 🚧 - A Web UI for docker that focuses on templates and ease of use in order to make deployments as easy as possible. By @SelfhostedPro
Base Tools / Other
- amicontained (⭐873) - Container introspection tool. Find out what container runtime is being used as well as features available by @genuinetools
- Chaperone (⭐174) - A single PID1 process designed for docker containers. Does user management, log management, startup, zombie reaping, all in one small package. by @garywiz
- CoreOS - Linux for Massive Server Deployments
- distroless (⭐15k) - Language focused docker images, minus the operating system, by @GoogleContainerTools
- GoSu (⭐4.3k) - Run this specific application as this specific user and get out of the pipeline (entrypoint script tool) by @tianon
- is-docker (⭐191) - Check if the process is running inside a Docker container by @sindresorhus (⭐234k)
- su-exec (⭐888) - This is a simple tool that will simply execute a program with different privileges. The program will be executed directly and not run as a child, like su and sudo does, which avoids TTY and signal issues. Why reinvent gosu? This does more or less exactly the same thing as gosu but it is only 10kb instead of 1.8MB. By ncopa
- sue (⭐8) - Executes a program as a user different from the user running sue. This is a maintainable alternative to ncopa/su-exec, which is the better tianon/gosu. This one is far better (higher performance, smaller size), than the original gosu, however it is far easier to maintain, than su-exec, which is written in plain C. Made by Akito
- supercronic (⭐1.2k) - crontab-compatible job runner, designed specifically to run in containers by @aptible
- TrivialRC (⭐28) - A minimalistic Runtime Configuration system and process manager for containers @vorakl
Builder / Other
- BuildKit (⭐6.3k) - Concurrent, cache-efficient, and Dockerfile-agnostic builder toolkit by @moby project
- cekit (⭐65) - A tool used by openshift to build base images using different build engines by @cekit.
- container-diff (⭐3.4k) - An image tool for comparing and analyzing container images by @GoogleContainerTools
- container-factory (⭐59) - Produces Docker images from tarballs of application source code by @mutable
- copy-docker-image (⭐34) - Copy a Docker image between registries without a full Docker installation by @mdlavin
- Derrick (⭐657) - A tool help you to automate the generation of Dockerfile and dockerize application by scanning the code. By @alibaba.
- docker-companion (⭐43) - A command line tool written in Golang to squash and unpack docker images by @mudler
- docker-make (⭐93) - Build, tag,and push a bunch of related docker images via a single command.
- DockerMake (⭐130) - A reproducible Docker image build system for complex software stacks. By @avirshup
- DockerSlim (⭐16k) shrinks fat Docker images creating the smallest possible images.
- Dockly (⭐220) - Dockly is a gem made to ease the pain of packaging an application in Docker by @swipely
- essex (⭐32) - Boilerplate for Docker Based Projects: Essex is a CLI utility written in bash to quickly setup clean and consistent Docker projects with Makefile driven workflows. @jamesbrink
- HPC Container Maker (⭐382) - Generates Dockerfiles from a high level Python recipe, including building blocks for High-Performance Computing components by @NVIDIA
- img (⭐3.7k) - Standalone, daemon-less, unprivileged Dockerfile and OCI compatible container image builder by @genuinetools
- makisu (⭐2.4k) - Uber's fast and flexible unprivileged image builder for Mesos and Kubernetes, with distributed cache support. By @uber
- Production-Ready Python Containers 💲 - A template for creating production-ready Docker images for Python applications.
- RAUDI (⭐535) - A tool to automatically update (and optionally push to Docker Hub) Docker Images for 3rd party software whenever theres is a new release/update/commit. By @SecSI
- SkinnyWhale (⭐182) 💀 - Skinnywhale helps you make smaller (as in megabytes) Docker containers.
- Smith (⭐602) - A Micocontainer Builder and can perform multi-stage builds after the image is built Oracle
Dockerfile / Other
- chaperone-docker (⭐65) - A set of images using the Chaperone process manager, including a lean Alpine image, LAMP, LEMP, and bare-bones base kits.
- Dockerfile Generator (⭐138)
dfgis both a Go library and an executable that produces valid Dockerfiles using various input channels.
- Dockerfile Project - Trusted Automated Docker Builds. Dockerfile Project maintains a central repository of Dockerfile for various popular open source software services runnable on a Docker container.
- Dockershelf (⭐59) - A repository that serves as a collector for docker recipes that are universal, efficient and slim. Images are updated, tested and published daily via a Travis cron job. Maintained by @CollageLabs.
- dockmoor (⭐15) 🚧 - Manage docker image references and help to create reproducible builds with Docker. By @MeneDev
- Vektorcloud - A collection of minimal, Alpine-based Docker images
Linter / Other
- docker-image-size-limit (⭐103) - A tool to keep an eye on your docker images size.
- Dockerfile Linter action (⭐28) - The linter lets you verify Dockerfile syntax to make sure it follows the best practices for building efficient Docker images.
- Hadolint (⭐8.1k) - A Dockerfile linter that checks for best practices, common mistakes, and is also able to lint any bash written in
RUNinstructions; by @lukasmartinelli
- Whale-linter (⭐35) - A simple and small Dockerfile linter written in Python3+ without dependencies by @jeromepin
Metadata / Other
- opencontainer (⭐2.6k) - A convention and shared namespace for Docker labels defined by OCI Image Spec.
Registry / Other
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry 💲 - Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) is a fully-managed Docker container registry that makes it easy for developers to store, manage, and deploy Docker container images.
- CargoOS (⭐9) - A bare essential OS for running the Docker Engine on bare metal or Cloud. By @RedCoolBeans
- cleanreg (⭐54) - A small tool to delete image manifests from a Docker Registry implementing the API v2, dereferencing them for the GC by @hcguersoy
- Cloudsmith 💲 - A fully managed package management SaaS, with first-class support for public and private Docker registries (and many others, incl. Helm charts for the Kubernetes ecosystem). Has a generous free-tier and is also completely free for open-source.
- Container Registry Service 💲 - Harbor based Container Management Solution as a Service for teams and organizations. Free tier offers 1 GB storage for private repositories.
- Cycle.io 💲 - Bare-metal container hosting.
- DigitalOcean 💲 - DigitalOcean Container Registry.
- Docker Hub provided by Docker Inc.
- Docker Registry v2 (⭐7.2k) - The Docker toolset to pack, ship, store, and deliver content
- Docket (⭐698) - Custom docker registry that allows for lightning fast deploys through bittorrent by @netvarun
- GCE Container Registry 💲 Fast, private Docker image storage on Google Cloud Platform
- GitLab Container Registry - Registry focused on using its images in GitLab CI
- Harbor (⭐19k) An open source trusted cloud native registry project that stores, signs, and scans content. Supports replication, user management, access control and activity auditing. By CNCF formerly VMWare
- JFrog Artifactory 💲 - Artifact Repository Manager, can be used as private Docker Registry as well
- Kraken (⭐5.3k) - Uber's Highly scalable P2P docker registry, capable of distributing TBs of data in seconds.
- Quay.io 💲 (part of CoreOS) - Secure hosting for private Docker repositories
- Registryo (⭐6) - UI and token based authentication server for onpremise docker registry
- Sonatype Nexus Repository - Manage binaries and build artifacts across your software supply chain.
API Client / Other
- contajners (⭐85) - An idiomatic, data-driven, REPL friendly Clojure client for OCI container engines. By @lispyclouds
- Docker Client for JVM (⭐95) - A Docker remote api client library for the JVM, written in Groovy by @gesellix
- docker-java-api (⭐258) - Lightweight, truly object-oriented, Java client for Docker's API. By @amihaiemil
- Docker-PowerShell (⭐282) - PowerShell Module for Docker
- Docker.Registry.DotNet (⭐30) - .NET (C#) Client Library for interacting with a Docker Registry API (v2) @rquackenbush
- DoMonit (⭐72) - A simple Docker Monitoring wrapper For Docker API
- libcompose (⭐587) - Go library for Docker Compose.
- Portainer stack utils (⭐70) 🚧 - Bash script to deploy/update/undeploy Docker stacks in a Portainer instance from a docker-compose yaml file. By @greenled.
CI/CD / Other
- Buddy 💲 - The best of Git, build & deployment tools combined into one powerful tool that supercharged our development.
- Captain (⭐752) - Convert your Git workflow to Docker containers ready for Continuous Delivery by @harbur.
- Cyclone (⭐1k) - Powerful workflow engine and end-to-end pipeline solutions implemented with native Kubernetes resources by @caicloud.
- Diun (⭐1.7k) - Receive notifications when an image or repository is updated on a Docker registry by @crazy-max.
- Docker plugin for Jenkins (⭐480) - The aim of the docker plugin is to be able to use a docker host to dynamically provision a slave, run a single build, then tear-down that slave.
- Dockupdater (⭐81) - Automatically keep your docker services and your docker containers up-to-date
- Drone (⭐26k) - Continuous integration server built on Docker and configured using YAML files.
- GitLab Runner - GitLab has integrated CI to test, build and deploy your code with the use of GitLab runners.
- GOCD-Docker (⭐94) 💀 - Go Server and Agent in docker containers to provision.
- Kraken CI (⭐84) - Modern CI/CD, open-source, on-premise system that is highly scalable and focused on testing. One of its executors is Docker. Developed by @Kraken-CI.
- Microservices Continuous Deployment (⭐141) - Continuous deployment of a microservices application.
- mu (⭐974) - Tool to configure CI/CD of your container applications via AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild and ECS @Stelligent
- Ouroboros (⭐1.5k) 💀 - Automatically update running Docker containers with notifications
- Popper (⭐279) - Github actions workflow (HCL syntax) execution engine.
- Screwdriver 💲 - Yahoo's OpenSource buildplatform designed for Continous Delivery.
- SwarmCI (⭐49) - Create a distributed, isolated task pipeline in your Docker Swarm.
- Watchtower (⭐13k) - Automatically update running Docker containers
Development Environment / Other
- batect (⭐666) - build and testing environments as code tool: Dockerised build and testing environments made easy by @charleskorn
- Boot2Docker (⭐8.4k) 💀 - Docker for OSX and Windows
- Dinghy (⭐2.1k) - An alternative way to use Docker on Mac OS X using Docker Machine with virtualbox, vmware, xhyve or parallels
- DIP (⭐1.1k) - CLI utility for straightforward provisioning and interacting with an application configured by docker-compose. By @bibendi
- Docker Missing Tools (⭐22) - A set of bash commands to shortcut typical docker dev-ops. An alternative to creating typical helper scripts like "build.sh" and "deploy.sh" inside code repositories. By @NandoQuintana.
- Docker-Arch (⭐30) - Generate Web/CLI projects Dockerized development environments, from 1 simple YAML file. By @Ph3nol
- Docker-sync (⭐3.4k) - Drastically improves performance (50-70x (⭐3.4k)) when using Docker for development on Mac OS X/Windows and Linux while sharing code to the container. By @EugenMayer
- DockerBuildManagement (⭐10) - Build Management is a python application, installed with pip. The application makes it easy to manage a build system based on Docker by configuring a single yaml file describing how to build, test, run or publish a containerized solution.
- Dusty (⭐377) - Managed Docker development environments on OS X
- Eclipse Che (⭐6.8k) - Developer workspace server with Docker runtimes, cloud IDE, next-generation Eclipse IDE
- EnvCLI (⭐102) - Replace your local installation of Node, Go, ... with project-specific docker containers. By @EnvCLI
- forward2docker (⭐74) 💀 - Utility to auto forward a port from localhost into ports on Docker containers running in a boot2docker VM by @bsideup
- Gebug (⭐615) - A tool that makes debugging of Dockerized Go applications super easy by enabling Debugger and Hot-Reload features, seamlessly.
- Lando (⭐3.6k) - Lando is for developers who want to quickly specify and painlessly spin up the services and tools needed to develop their projects. By Tandem
- Vagga (⭐1.8k) - Vagga is a containerisation tool without daemons. It is a fully-userspace container engine inspired by Vagrant and Docker, specialized for development environments by @tailhook
- Zsh-in-Docker (⭐554) - Install Zsh, Oh-My-Zsh and plugins inside a Docker container with one line! By Deluan
Garbage Collection / Other
- caduc (⭐17) - A docker garbage collector cleaning stuff you did not use recently
- docker_gc (⭐61) - Image for automatic removing unused Docker Swarm objects. Also works just as Docker Service by @pdacity
- docker-gc (⭐5.1k) 💀 - A cron job that will delete old stopped containers and unused images by @spotify
Serverless / Other
- AMP (⭐78) 💀 - The open source unified CaaS/FaaS platform for Docker, batteries included. By @Appcelerator
- Apache OpenWhisk (⭐5.9k) - a serverless, open source cloud platform that executes functions in response to events at any scale. By @apache
- Docker-Lambda (⭐5.9k) - Docker images and test runners that replicate the live AWS Lambda environment. By @lamb-ci
- IronFunctions (⭐3.1k) - The serverless microservices platform FaaS (Functions as a Service) which uses Docker containers to run Any language or AWS Lambda functions
- Koyeb 💲 - Koyeb is a developer-friendly serverless platform to deploy apps globally. Seamlessly run Docker containers, web apps, and APIs with git-based deployment, native autoscaling, a global edge network, and built-in service mesh and discovery.
- SCAR (⭐585) - Serverless Container-aware Architectures (SCAR) is a serverless framework that allows easy deployment and execution of containers (e.g. Docker) in Serverless environments (e.g. Lambda) by @grycap
Testing / Other
- Container Structure Test (⭐2k) - A framework to validate the structure of an image by checking the outputs of commands or the contents of the filesystem. By @GoogleContainerTools
- dgoss (⭐5k) - A fast YAML based tool for validating docker containers.
- DockerSpec (⭐182) - A small Ruby Gem to run RSpec and Serverspec, Infrataster and Capybara tests against Dockerfiles or Docker images easily. By @zuazo
- Dockunit (⭐44) 💀 - Docker based integration tests. A simple Node based utility for running Docker based unit tests. By @dockunit
- InSpec (⭐2.6k) - InSpec is an open-source testing framework for infrastructure with a human- and machine-readable language for specifying compliance, security and policy requirements. By @chef
- Pull Dog - A GitHub app that automatically creates Docker-based test environments for your pull requests, from your docker-compose files. Not open source.
- Pumba (⭐2.4k) - Chaos testing tool for Docker. Can be deployed on kubernetes and CoreOS cluster. By @alexei-led
Wrappers / Other
- Ansible - Manage the life cycle of Docker containers. By RedHat
- Beluga (⭐166) 💀 - CLI to deploy docker containers on a single server or low amount of servers. By @cortextmedia
- dexec (⭐322) - Command line interface written in Go for running code with Docker Exec images.
- dockerized (⭐55) - Seamlessly execute commands in a container.
- Hokusai (⭐87) - A Docker + Kubernetes CLI for application developers; used to containerize an application and to manage its lifecycle throughout development, testing, and release cycles. From @artsy
- subuser (⭐877) - Makes it easy to securely and portably run graphical desktop applications in Docker
- T.A.D.S. boilerplate (⭐629) - The power of Ansible and Terraform + the simplicity of Docker Swarm = Infrastructure as Code and DevOps best practices. By @Thomvaill
- Terraform cloud-init config (⭐79) - Terraform module for deploying a single Docker image or
docker-compose.yamlfile to any Cloud™ VM
- udocker (⭐1k) - A tool to execute simple docker containers in batch or interactive systems without root privileges by @inidigo-dc
CI Services / Other
- CircleCI 💲 - Push or pull Docker images from your build environment, or build and run containers right on CircleCI.
- CodeFresh 💲 - Everything you need to build, test, and share your Docker applications. Provides automated end to end testing.
- CodeShip 💲 - Work with your established Docker workflows while automating your testing and deployment tasks with our hosted platform dedicated to speed and security.
- ConcourseCI 💲 - A CI SaaS platform for developers and DevOps teams pipeline oriented.
- Semaphore CI 💲 — A high-performance cloud solution that makes it easy to build, test and ship your containers to production.
- TravisCI 💲 - A Free github projects continuous integration Saas platform for developers and Devops.
CaaS / Other
- Amazon ECS 💲 - A management service on EC2 that supports Docker containers.
- Appfleet 💲 - Edge platform to deploy and manage containerized services globally. The system will route the traffic to the closest location for lower latency.
- Cloud 66 💲 - Full-stack hosted container management as a service
- Dockhero 💲 - Dockhero is a Heroku add-on which turns a Docker image into a microservice attached to the Heroku app. Currently in beta.
- Giant Swarm 💲 - Simple microservice infrastructure. Deploy your containers in seconds.
- Mesosphere DC/OS Platform 💲 - Integrated platform for data and containers built on Apache Mesos by @mesosphere
- Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces - A collaborative Kubernetes-native solution for rapid application development that delivers consistent developer environments on Red Hat OpenShift to allow anyone with a browser to contribute code in under two minutes.
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated 💲 - Fully-managed Red Hat® OpenShift® service on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- Sloppy.io 💲 - all-in-one solution for container deployment and hosting – made and hosted in Germany
- Triton 💲 - Elastic container-native infrastructure by Joyent.
- Virtuozzo Application Platform 💲 - Deploy and manage your projects with turnkey PaaS across a wide network of reliable service providers
Monitoring Services / Other
- AppDynamics (⭐3) - Docker Monitoring extension gathers metrics from the Docker Remote API, either using Unix Socket or TCP.
- Broadcom Docker Monitoring 💲 - Agile Operations solutions from Broadcom deliver the modern Docker monitoring businesses need to accelerate and optimize the performance of microservices and the dynamic Docker environments running them. Monitor both the Docker environment and apps that run inside them. (former CA Technologies)
- Datadog 💲 - Datadog is a full-stack monitoring service for large-scale cloud environments that aggregates metrics/events from servers, databases, and applications. It includes support for Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Prometheus 💲 - Open-source service monitoring system and time series database
- Site24x7 💲 - Docker Monitoring for DevOps and IT is a SaaS Pay per Host model
- SPM for Docker (⭐201) 💲 - Monitoring of host and container metrics, Docker events and logs. Automatic log parser. Anomaly Detection and alerting for metrics and logs. @sematext
- Sysdig Monitor 💲 - Sysdig Monitor can be used as either software or a SaaS service to monitor, alert, and troubleshoot containers using system calls. It has container-specific features for Docker and Kubernetes.
- Valuable Docker Links High quality articles about docker! MUST SEE
- Become a Docker Power User with Visual Studio Code - 💲 A training course to help you become a Docker Power user with Visual Studio Code
- Docker Newsletter Docker newsletter for regular updates
- Docker packaging guide for Python - a series of detailed articles on the specifics of Docker packaging for Python.
- Learn Docker - Learn Docker - curated list of the top online docker tutorials and courses.
Awesome Lists / Other
- Awesome CI/CD (⭐1.6k) - Not specific to docker but relevant.
- Awesome Compose (⭐21k) - Docker Compose samples
- Awesome Selfhosted (⭐115k) list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted locally by running in a classical way (setup local web server and run applications from there) or in a Docker container. By @Kickball
Demos and Examples / Other
- An Annotated Docker Config for Frontend Web Development A local development environment with Docker allows you to shrink-wrap the devops your project needs as config, making onboarding frictionless.
- Webstack-micro (⭐76) Demo web app showing how Docker Compose might be used to set up an API Gateway, centralized authentication, background workers, and WebSockets as containerized services.
Good Tips / Other
- Docker Caveats What You Should Know About Running Docker In Production (written 11 APRIL 2016) MUST SEE
- Docker Containers on the Desktop - The funniest way to learn about docker by @jessfraz who also gave a presentation about it @ DockerCon 2015
- Dockerfile best practices (⭐3.9k) - This repository has best-practices for writing Dockerfiles
- Don't Repeat Yourself with Anchors, Aliases and Extensions in Docker Compose Files by @King Chung Huang
Raspberry Pi & ARM / Other
- Docker Pirates ARMed with explosive stuff Huge resource on clustering, swarm, docker, pre-installed image for SD card on Raspberry Pi
- git push docker containers to linux devices Modern DevOps for IoT, leveraging git and Docker.
Security / Other
Videos / Other
- Deploying and scaling applications with Docker, Swarm, and a tiny bit of Python magic (3:11:06) by @jpetazzo
- Docker from scratch (1:22:01) on YouTube by Paris Nakita Kejser
- Docker Primer to Docker Compose (1:56:45) on YouTube by LoginRadius
- Docker Registry from scratch (44:40) on YouTube by Paris Nakita Kejser
- Docker Swarm from scratch (1:41:28) on YouTube by Paris Nakita Kejser
- Extending Docker with Plugins (15:21)
- From Local Docker Development to Production Deployments by @jpetazzo @ AWS re:Invent 2015
- Scalable Microservices with Kubernetes Free Udacity course
Brazilian / Other
- Docker BR on Slack - Auto invite url
Chinese / Other
English / Other
Russian / Other
Spanish / Other