Awesome List Updates on Aug 01 - Aug 07, 2022
54 awesome lists updated this week.
🏠 Home · 🔍 Search · 🔥 Feed · 📮 Subscribe · ❤️ Sponsor
1. Mind Expanding Books
Startups and Business
Name: Principles: Life and Work
Author: Ray Dalio
Goodreads Rating: 4.07
Year Published: 2017
Name: The Little Prince
Author: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Goodreads Rating: 4.31
Year Published: 1943
2. Awesome Machine Learning
Java / General-Purpose Machine Learning
- Chips-n-Salsa (⭐42) - A Java library for genetic algorithms, evolutionary computation, and stochastic local search, with a focus on self-adaptation / self-tuning, as well as parallel execution.
3. Awesome Opensource Apps
Description: Open source PDF, eBook (epub, mobi), comic book (cbz/cbr), DjVu, XPS, CHM, image viewer for Windows.
4. Awesome Rest
- Adidas REST API Guidelines (⭐223) - Adidas REST API Guidelines define standards and guidelines for building REST APIs at adidas.
- Atlassian REST API design guidelines version 1 - This document provides guidelines to Atlassian developers who are designing REST APIs for Atlassian applications.
- Cisco REST API Guide (⭐90) - Guidelines for designing REST APIs at Cisco.
- Google Cloud API design guide - Guidelines Google follows when designing Cloud APIs and other Google APIs (REST APIs and gRPC APIs).
- Haufe API Style Guide (⭐188) - Guidelines created by Haufe-Lexware CTO team.
- Microsoft REST API Guidelines (⭐20k) - The Microsoft REST API Guidelines, as a design principle, encourages application developers to have resources accessible to them via a RESTful HTTP interface.
- Restful API Guidelines by Zalando (⭐1.8k) - Developing Restful APIs: A Comprehensive Set of Guidelines.
- openapi-generator (⭐15k) - OpenAPI Generator allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs, documentation and configuration automatically given an OpenAPI Spec (v2, v3).
5. Awesome Open Hardware
- RepRap - Humanity's first general-purpose, self-replicating manufacturing machine.
6. Awesome Graphql
Miscellaneous / React
- graphqlgate (⭐54) - A GraphQL rate-limiting library with query complexity analysis for Node.js
CMS / React
- Apito - A Cloud Based Headless CMS with CDN, Webhooks, Team Collaborations, Content Revision, Cloud Functions.
7. Awesome Godot
Plugins and scripts / Various Godot versions
- Scene Manager (⭐81) - Make nice and customizable scene transitions in one line of code (Godot 3.x, 4.0.alpha).
Plugins and scripts / Godot 3.2+
- godot-ply (⭐169) - In-editor box modelling for gray boxing or prototyping 3D levels.
8. Awesome Creative Coding
- Three.js Journey - This course by Bruno Simon will teach you the secrets to create the coolest WebGL websites with Three.js whether your are a beginner or an advanced developer.
Visual Programming Languages
- ossia score [Cross-platform] - Interactive, intermedia audio-visual sequencer.
Sound Programming Languages
- handel - A small procedural programming language for writing songs in browser.
- Melrōse - A MIDI producing environment for creating (live) music.
9. Awesome Streaming
Table of Contents / Streaming Engine
- Apache Ballista (⭐450) [Rust] - distributed compute platform powered by Apache Arrow.
Table of Contents / Streaming Library
- Scramjet Node.js (⭐32) - [Node.js] functional reactive stream programming framework written on top of Node.js object streams + the legacy Scramjet.js version (⭐242)
- Scramjet Python (⭐28) - [Python] functional reactive stream programming framework written from scratch operating on object, string and buffer streams.
- Scramjet C++ (⭐2) - [C++] functional reactive stream programming framework written on top of Node.js object streams.
10. Awesome Sre
11. Awesome Integration
Projects / ETL
- Hevo - Hevo Data is a Fully Automated, No-code Data Pipeline Platform supports 150+ ready-to-use integrations across Databases, SaaS Applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services.
12. Awesome Gdpr
13. Awesome Healthcare
Contents / Imaging
- Kaapana (⭐94) - Open source toolkit for state of the art platform provisioning in the field of medical data analysis.
Contents / Frameworks
- LinuxForHealth FHIR Server (⭐252) - Modular Java implementation of version 4 of the HL7 FHIR specification.
Contents / Libraries
- Asymmetrik FHIR API Server (⭐342) - A secure REST implementation for the HL7 FHIR Specification.
14. Awesome Jamstack
- Layer0 - All-in-one Jamstack platform focused on large, dynamic websites and best-in-class performance through an integrated CDN, EdgeJS, predictive prefetching, and performance monitoring.
- Apito - A Cloud Based Headless CMS with CDN, Webhooks, Team Collaborations, Content Revision, Cloud Functions.
15. Awesome Product Management
Articles / Screeb
- Is your company product-led, sales-led, or marketing-led? - By Philipp Cannons.
- Getting to the Product Manager interview stage - By Glenn Gillen.
16. Awesome Gbdev
C / Syntax highlighting packages
- Larold's Jubilant Junkyard - A collection of detailed GBDK-2020 based tutorials.
17. Awesome Readme
- user-statistician (⭐26) - A GitHub Action that generates SVG of detailed GitHub user activity for profile readmes.
18. Awesome Plone
Content and utilities for content
- collective.documentgenerator (⭐15) - Generate Documents (.odt, .pdf, .doc) from content based on appy framework (https://appyframe.work/) and OpenOffice/LibreOffice.
- collective.embeddedpage (⭐0) - A content type to embed remote HTML pages in Plone Classic and Volto.
- collective.purgebyid (⭐4) - Use tag-based cache invalidation in Plone (e.g. with Varnish's xkey module).
Finding more add-ons
- Make a list of required features.
- Look in this list first.
- Search pypi: https://pypi.org/search/?c=Framework+%3A%3A+Plone
- Search the collective organization on github: https://github.com/collective
- Search the plone organization on github: https://github.com/plone
- Google for your requirements
- Test all required features. Read but do not trust the documentation
- Check if the add-on runs on your required version
- Check if it is maintained
- Does it have i18n-support, i.e. is the user-interface translated to your language?
- Does it uninstall cleanly?
- Check for unwanted dependencies
- Message Board: https://community.plone.org
- Adapt your requirements to what is available.
- Invest the time & money to customize an existing add-ons to better fit your needs.
- Create a new add-on that does exactly what you need.
19. Awesome React Components
- react-awesome-slider (⭐2.6k) - demo - Fullpage, 3D animated, 60fps media and content slider/carousel.
20. Awesome Swift
- Open Source Updates for Swift Projects - A bi-weekly newsletter to give you the latest updates on popular and unknown open source projects written or related to Swift.
21. Awesome Playwright
- Todo App with Playwright (⭐5) - Comprehensive Todo app with APIs, E2E tests with GitHub Actions enabled.
22. Awesome Neovim
Markdown and LaTeX / Diagnostics
- AckslD/nvim-FeMaco.lua (⭐199) - Catalyze your Fenced Markdown Code-block editing.
Color / Diagnostics
- NvChad/nvim-colorizer.lua (⭐221) - A high-performance color highlighter which has no external dependencies!.
23. Awesome Theoretical Computer Science
Books / Monograph
- Goldreich. Randomized Methods in Computation - The aim of the current course is to make the students familiar with some of randomized methods.
- Lacona. LOGIC: Lecture Notes for Philosophy, Mathematics, and Computer Science - Suitable for undergraduate introductions to logic and early graduate courses on logic.
Archived / Monograph
- CCC 22 | ICALP | ITCS 2022 | ITCS 2022 Pre-recorded | STOC 2021 | FOCS 2021 | ITCS 2021 | STOC 2020 | FOCS 2020.
MVC Frameworks and Libraries / Runner
- Whatsup (⭐126) - A frontend framework for chillout-mode development 🥤. JSX components on generators, fast mobx-like state management and exclusive cssx style system.
Functional Programming / Runner
Data Structure / Runner
API / Runner
- SWRV (⭐1.7k) - Stale-while-revalidate data fetching for Vue.
- Vue Query (⭐968) - Hooks for fetching, caching and updating asynchronous data in Vue.
Podcasts / Other
25. Awesome Umbraco
Backoffice extensions / Form Builders
- Umbraco Forms* - A package to easily add customisable forms to your website. (Developed by Umbraco HQ)
Backoffice extensions / Property Editors
- Meganav - A flexible, draggable link picker for constructing site navigation menus, big or small.
Backoffice extensions / SEO Tools
- SEO Checker* - find common SEO issues in your Umbraco website.
- SeoToolkit - Package that provides SEO features like meta fields, redirects, etc.
Developer tools / SEO Tools
- Konstrukt* - Backoffice UI builder through code.
26. Awesome Chrome Devtools
- DevTools Tips - Collection of illustrated tips as mini tutorials.
27. Free Programming Books (English, By Subjects)
- Code Simplicity: The Fundamentals of Software - Max Kanat-Alexander (PDF)
28. Awesome Cross Platform Nodejs
Libraries / Signals
- human-signals (⭐253) - Human-friendly process signals.
29. Awesome Ironsworn
Hacks and homebrew / Ironsworn
- Pinkysworn - Ironcampers swear pinky promises in a summercamp-themed abbreviation of the Ironsworn rules
- Summer Camp Mystery - Family summercamp investigation with simplified rules
30. Awesome Kotlin
Libraries/Frameworks / Web
- taskworld/kraph (⭐151) - GraphQL request string builder written in Kotlin
Android / Boilerplate
- bufferapp/android-clean-architecture-mvi-boilerplate (⭐976) - A clean architecture boilerplate using android written in Kotlin and using the Model-View-Intent pattern
31. Awesome Go
- go-fuzz-action (⭐8) - Use Go 1.18's built-in fuzz testing in GitHub Actions.
- cachego (⭐204) - Golang Cache component for multiple drivers.
- copygen (⭐227) - Generate type-to-type and type-based code without reflection.
- gitbatch (⭐1.5k) - manage your git repositories in one place.
Middlewares / Actual middlewares
- echo-middleware (⭐13) - Middleware for Echo framework with logging and metrics.
Code Analysis / Libraries for creating HTTP middlewares
- usestdlibvars (⭐31) - A linter that detect the possibility to use variables/constants from the Go standard library.
Other Software / Libraries for creating HTTP middlewares
- sake (⭐586) - sake is a command runner for local and remote hosts.
32. Awesome Elixir
- excellent_migrations (⭐109) - Detecting potentially dangerous operations in database migrations.
33. Awesome Pentest
Network Tools / Network Reconnaissance Tools
- ScanCannon (⭐368) - POSIX-compliant BASH script to quickly enumerate large networks by calling
masscanto quickly identify open ports and then
nmapto gain details on the systems/services on those ports.
34. Awesome Mac
Audio and Video Tools / File Sharing
- BeMyEars - Free for hearing impaired, System wide on-device live caption, multi language support, just like you have YouTube subtitles everywhere.
- Popcorn Time - Watch torrent movies instantly, This Popcorn Time service will never be taken down. Download and enjoy.
- Potplayer X- a Video Audio Player.
Utilities / General Tools
- DevUtils.app - All-in-one Toolbox for Developers. Format/Validate JSON, encode/decode Base64, convert timestamps, debug JWT… with just one click! Native macOS app and works offline.
35. Awesome Developer First
- Interval - SDK to build internal tools and scripts for your product.
36. Awesome Osint
Username Check / Telegram
- Maigret (⭐7.9k) - Collect a dossier on a person by username.
Language Tools / Telegram
- Sentence Stack - Sentence search engine with grammar check, translation, and idiom detection.
37. Awesome Jupyter
Hosted Notebook Solutions
- Google Colaboratory - Cloud-based Jupyter environment aimed at machine learning education and research.
38. Awesome Lidar
- Aeva - Aeva is bringing the next wave of perception technology to all devices for automated driving, consumer electronics, health, industrial robotics and security, Mountain View, California, USA.
- Brno Urban Dataset 🐙 (⭐125) - Navigation and localisation dataset for self driving cars and autonomous robots in Brno, Czechia.
39. Awesome Geojson
editors & viewers
- img2geojson: digitize images by overlaying on a web map and drawing
40. Awesome Math
41. Awesome Docker
42. Awesome Zig
- capy-ui/capy (⭐623) - Cross-platform library for making true native GUIs.
43. Awesome Vite
Templates / Vue 3
- vitequality (⭐6) - Vue 3 + Typescript + Vue Router + Pinia + Eslint + Jest + Cypress.
Templates / React
- vite-react-ts-ghactions-template (⭐24) - React, TypeScript, Vitest + React Testing Library, GitHub Actions + GitHub Pages, ESLint, Prettier, Husky, Commitlint.
Framework-agnostic Plugins / Integrations
- vite-plugin-jspm (⭐35) - Resolves dependencies independently from CDN providers using import maps and es-module-shims.
Framework-agnostic Plugins / Bundling
- vite-plugin-build (⭐21) - Transfom the whole folder in library mode.
44. Awesome Cl
Others / Third-party APIs
- maxima - Computer algebra system. Not available on Quicklisp. GNU GPL3.
- also Maxima on Android, built with ECL.
Documentation builders / Third-party APIs
- cl-livedocs (⭐2) - similar and newer, based on Webinfo, with full text search enabled by default.
Git / Third-party APIs
45. Awesome Tdengine
- ZORM - ORM support TDenging by Go.
46. Awesome Zsh Plugins
Plugins / superconsole - Windows-only.
- alias-finder (⭐5) - Displays an alias when you use a command you have aliased previously. Helpful for remembering aliases you have defined in the past. Written as a pure ZSH script for speed
- shellfirm (⭐654) - Shellfirm is a handy utility to help avoid running dangerous commands without an extra step of approval. When risky patterns is detected you will immediately get a small prompt challenge that will verify your action.
Completions / superconsole - Windows-only.
- completions (clarketm) (⭐44) - This includes the zsh-userscompletions (⭐5.8k), zchee's completions (⭐91), nilsonholger's osx-zsh-completions (⭐9) and various other custom completions.
- completions (zchee) (⭐91) - Yet another collection of tab completions.
- completions (zsh-users) (⭐5.8k) - A collection of extra completions for ZSH.
- fzshell (⭐57) - Fetches fuzzy completions from sources predefined by a user.
- osx-zsh-completions (⭐9) - Tab completions for some macOS-specific commands like
Themes / superconsole - Windows-only.
- danielparks (⭐0) - Works well on dark backgrounds. Includes decorators for
gitstatus, [email protected] when in an
sshsession, success/failure of last command, working directory, python virtualenv, execution time of last command and whether running as
- odra (⭐2) - Colorful, works well on dark backgrounds. Includes decorators for
gitstatus, current directory, username and exit status of the last command.
47. Awesome Security
Network / Docker Images for Penetration Testing & Security
docker-compose -d up- cicd-goat (⭐893)
Web / Runtime Application Self-Protection
- Falco - The cloud-native runtime security project and de facto Kubernetes threat detection engine now part of the CNCF.
48. Free for Dev
Tools for Teams and Collaboration
- windmill.dev - Windmill is an open-source developer platform to quickly build production-grade multi-steps automations and internal apps from minimal Python and Typescript scripts. Free user you can create and be member of at most 3 non-premium workspaces.
Messaging and Streaming
- Scramjet Cloud Platform Beta - An end-to-end stream processing platform in free beta and offering 15 petabyte-seconds of free compute after the beta ends.
- Railway - Railway is an infrastructure platform where you can provision infrastructure, develop with that infrastructure locally, and then deploy to the cloud. 1GB Disk, 512 MB RAM, limited to $5 or 500 hours of usage monthly available for free.
- Cronit - Online cronjobs service. Free plan includes 100 job execution per month
49. Awesome Cpp
- D++ (DPP) (⭐578) - A lightweight, high performance and scalable C++ library for creating Discord Bots. [Apache2] website
50. Awesome Selfhosted
Software / Communication - Custom Communication Systems
- Novu - Self-hosted / cloud notification infrastructure for developers. (Source Code (⭐18k))
- Revolt - Revolt is a user-first chat platform built with modern web technologies. (Source Code (⭐1.6k))
- WBO (⭐1.5k) - Web Whiteboard to collaborate in real-time on schemas, drawings, and notes. (Demo)
Software / Communication - Email - Mail Transfer Agents
Software / Communication - Email - Mailing Lists and Newsletters
- phpList - Newsletter and email marketing with advanced management of subscribers, bounces, and plugins. (Source Code (⭐578))
Software / Communication - Social Networks and Forums
- GoToSocial (⭐2.2k) - ActivityPub federated social network server implementing the Mastodon client API.
Software / Communication - Video Conferencing
- Galene - Galène (or Galene) is a videoconference server (an “SFU”) that is easy to deploy and that requires moderate server resources. (Source Code (⭐718))
- plugNmeet - Scalable, High Performance, Open source web conferencing system. (Demo, Source Code (⭐72))
Software / Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- OpenOlitor - Administration platform for Community Supported Agriculture groups. (Source Code (⭐16))
Software / DNS
- Technitium DNS Server - An open source authoritative as well as recursive DNS server that can be used for self hosting a DNS server for privacy & security. (Source Code (⭐1.4k))
Software / Document Management
- Teedy - Lightweight document management system packed with all the features you can expect from big expensive solutions (Ex SismicsDocs). (Demo, Source Code (⭐1.4k))
Software / File Transfer & Synchronization
- Unison - Unison is a file-synchronization tool for OSX, Unix, and Windows. (Source Code (⭐2.7k))
Software / File Transfer - Single-click & Drag-n-drop Upload
- Pomf (⭐779) - Pomf is a simple file uploading and sharing platform.
- XBackBone - A simple, fast and lightweight file manager with instant sharing tools integration, like ShareX (a free and open-source screenshot utility for Windows). (Source Code (⭐761))
Software / File Transfer - Web-based File Managers
- TagSpaces - TagSpaces is an offline, cross-platform file manager and organiser that also can function as a note taking app. The WebDAV version of the application can be installed on top of a WebDAV servers such as Nextcloud or ownCloud. (Demo, Source Code (⭐2.8k))
Software / Groupware
- Horde - The Horde Project is about creating high quality Open Source applications and libraries, based on PHP and the Horde Framework. (Demo, Source Code (⭐47))
Software / Media Streaming - Audio Streaming
- Audiobookshelf - Fully open-source self-hosted audiobook and podcast server. It streams all audio formats, keeps and syncs progress across devices. Comes with open-source apps for Android and iOS. (Source Code (⭐2k), Clients (⭐2k))
Software / Media Streaming - Video Streaming
Software / Miscellaneous
- Apache Solr - Solr is the popular, blazing-fast, open source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene. (Source Code)
- Libre Translate - Free and Open Source Machine Translation API, entirely self-hosted. (Source Code (⭐3.6k))
- NATS - Publish/Subscribe event bus, durable queues, key-value store, object store, and more. Native multi-tenancy, multiple authentication and authorization mechanisms. Easy to self-host and federate. (Source Code (⭐12k), Clients)
- Readflow - Lightweight news reader with modern interface and features: full-text search, automatic categorization, archiving, offline support, notifications... (Source Code (⭐274))
- Wallabag - Wallabag, formerly Poche, is a web application allowing you to save articles to read them later with improved readability. (Source Code (⭐7.8k))
Software / Money, Budgeting & Management
- BitcartCC - A self-hosted cryptocurrencies payment processor and development platform. (Demo, Source Code)
- DePay - Accept Web3 Payments directly into your wallet. Peer-to-peer, free, self-hosted & open-source. (Demo, Source Code (⭐51))
Software / Note-taking & Editors
Software / Office Suites
- CryptPad - CryptPad is a collaboration suite that is end-to-end-encrypted and open-source. It is built to enable collaboration, synchronizing changes to documents in real time. (Source Code (⭐4.2k))
Software / Recipe Management
- Groceri.es - Web-based application to manage your recipes and plan your meals ahead. groceri.es keeps track of your menu plans and generates a groceries list for you. (Source Code (⭐297))
- Mealie - Material design inspired recipe manager with category and tag management, shopping-lists, meal-planner, and site customizations. Mealie is focused on simple user interactions to keep the whole family using the app. (Demo, Source Code (⭐2.9k))
- Tandoor Recipes - Django application to manage, tag and search recipes using either built-in models or external storage providers hosting PDFs, Images or other files. (Demo, Source Code (⭐3.7k))
Software / Software Development - IDE & Tools
- code-server (⭐59k) - VS Code in the browser, hosted on a remote server.
Software / Software Development - Testing
- Touca - Continuous regression testing for engineering teams. Get feedback when you write code that could break your software. (Source Code (⭐136))
Software / Wikis
- Instiki - Instiki is a wiki clone so pretty and easy to set up, you'll wonder if it’s really a wiki. Runs on Rails and focuses on portability and stability. (Source Code (⭐480))
51. Awesome Vulkan
- The Road to Vulkan: Teaching Modern Low-Level APIs in Introductory Graphics Courses by Johannes Unterguggenberger, Bernhard Kerbl, and Michael Wimmer, Eurographics 2022 - Education Papers
52. Awesome Agi Cocosci
Methodologies for Experiments / Quantitative Analysis
- With or Without U? The Appropriate Test for a U-Shaped Relationship - Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 2010. [All Versions]. The original method for testing U-shape relation from the data, which is distinctive from the quadratic regression test.
Methodologies for Experiments / Virtual Reality
- How Immersive Is Enough? A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Immersive Technology on User Presence - Media Psychology, 2016. [All Versions]. A meta-analysis on the extent to which technologies need to be immersive in order to generate a sense of presence.
Knowledge Representation / Commonsense Knowledgebase
- Concepts in a Probabilistic Language of Thought - Center for Brains, Minds, and Machines MEMO No.010, 2014. [All Versions].
53. Awesome Vue
Projects Using Vue.js / Apps/Websites
- Nipashe -"Nipashe" is a Swahili word that means "Inform me". Nipashe is a web app built in Vue + Vuex(state management) + Vue-Router(navigation) that gives a tally/statistics on the current COVID19 infections across the world based on the WHO
Components & Libraries / UI Components
- lv2-datatable (⭐1) - Integrate the Laravel datatables with your Vue app without using JQuery.
Components & Libraries / Utilities
- intlify/vue-i18n-next (⭐1.1k) - Vue I18n for Vue 3.
54. Awesome Generative Deep Art
Inbox: Text and Natural Language Processing / Text-related Generative Tools
- Lucid Lyrics - AI Assisted Art: AI-Assisted Lyrical Interpretations by Walter Arnold
Inbox: Video AI tools / Text-related Generative Tools
- baowenbo/DAIN (⭐7.7k): Depth-Aware Video Frame Interpolation (CVPR 2019)
- Dain-App 1.0 [Nvidia Only] by GRisk: Depth-Aware Video Frame Interpolation (CVPR 2019)